[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"horror" is a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: eraserhead.jpg (220KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
eraserhead.jpg
220KB, 1200x800px
It's not possible for fiction to be 'scary'. If a piece of fiction instills horror into you it's not because the fiction itself is horrifying; rather, it's because you're a manchild in the freudian sense of the word. This is further evidenced by the fact that movies that aren't typically categorized as 'horror' are most frequently brought up in threads about the 'scariest' movies of all time (see pic related)

Get a job, raise a family, take on responsibility and you will see that these popcorn demons are fairytales compared to the horrors of dealing with landlords, paying mortgages, making sure your child isn't dead every hour, making sure your now useless wife isn't fucking other people etc.. this is your life for the next 60 years and then you die (or less if you're lucky enough to have been blessed with the gift of a heart attack). this is true horror. only underaged people and NEETs will disgaree. Tell me /tv/, what keeps you up at night? A Nightmare on Elmstreet? Paranormal Activity 3D. Your student loans?
>>
LOOK BEHIND YOU
>>
cool story bro
>>
Trolling, but I don't understand why horror is singled out for this bullshit.

'Movies can't be scary', then movies can't make you think, or make you sad, or be romantic, or inspiring.
>>
>>86070275
>>'Movies can't be scary', then movies can't make you think, or make you sad, or be romantic, or inspiring.
bad logic. dont even try to retort fact with idiotic amalgamations like this
>>
>>86070365
No, tell my why being creeped out is the only emotion a film can't make you feel
>>
forced pasta
>>
>>86070619
no
>>
this thread is a big fat GOOSE EGG (0)
>>
>>86070275
>>86070619
/thread
>>
>drunk marxist makes a thread to false flag for marxism in art but has to get so drunk to forget their artistic aspirations in the creation of such clearly inhumane propaganda that they fall asleep and never follow up
what did original faggot mean by this?
>>
>>86073045
>virgin neet gets called out in shitpost, sees red for 40 minutes, unable to come to grips with reality he convinces himself, in an unbelieveable feat of mental gymnastics, that the messenger is some marxist propagandist
what did retarded faggot mean by this?
>>
>>86069981

>thinks hes wasting our time, is wasting own time

>tips fedora
>>
you're a fat nigger
>>
File: smug anime picture.jpg (7KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime picture.jpg
7KB, 250x230px
Great thread.
>>
>>86069981
You realize the Eraserhead is literally a movie about the fear of becoming a father, right? The picture you included litetally dismantles your entire point you mongoloid
>>
But most GOOD horror movies use film as a medium to exaggerate real life fears right? Good horror films are never just "oh lol look how crazy this monster is, are you scared now?" Alien for example is largely about sexual violation. Repulsion is also a movie about sexual traumatization. Exorcist and The Omen are literally about every parents fear of "what if my child turns out to be an evil pos"
>>
>>86069981
>critiques horror as meme
>cites le "life is the real nightmare" meme

go away
>>
>>86073247
i knew i smelled a rat
>>
File: image:61.jpg (22KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image:61.jpg
22KB, 275x183px
>>86069981
So some refugee laughed at you for liking horror and now you gotta come online to project your personal shame onto us?
I'd be mad but that's half the reason the internet exists in the first place...
>>
File: 1478207782524.jpg (80KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478207782524.jpg
80KB, 450x450px
>>86069981
How far up your own ass are you?
>>
It's your own fault if you're worried about your wife cheating on you. Maybe if you actually got your life together, you could afford to be spooked by a horror movie or two.
>>
>>86069981
>horrors of dealing with landlords, paying mortgages, making sure your child isn't dead every hour, making sure your now useless wife isn't fucking other people etc
Wow such horror wow, you're so brave.

Look anon I know you're baiting, but through film you can experience truly horrific moments which you probably won't experience in your life. And it doesn't even have to be a "horror" film. just a realistic depiction of a certain situation that can happen in real life.
A nuclear fallout in Threads is scarier than dealing with landlords. A false allegation like in The Hunt is way more frightening than paying mortgages. The ending of The Vanishing is certainly more horrific than keeping an eye on your kid at a park.
But you go ahead and pretend like changing a dirty diaper is some absolute horrific unmatchable experience while literally every parent in the world goes through the same exact shit.
>>
>>86070365
It's not possible for fiction to be 'funny'. If a piece of fiction instills laughter into you it's not because the fiction itself is funny; rather, it's because you're a manchild in the freudian sense of the word. This is further evidenced by the fact that movies that aren't typically categorized as 'comedies' are most frequently brought up in threads about the 'funniest' movies of all time
>>
>>86069981
>making a thread about horror
>posts a picture of a surrealist film
>>
>>86076737
How so? Fatherhood is a "real life horror" so it supports OP's claim
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.