[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: file.png (269KB, 1246x618px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
269KB, 1246x618px
"wait what" edition.

PREVIOUSLY:
>>86032522
>>
File: autistic_stomping.webm (2MB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
autistic_stomping.webm
2MB, 768x576px
>>
Don't get me wrong, I'm EXTREMELY misogynistic, to the core of my being, Saudi Arabia doesn't go far enough.

But I dislike a female Doctor because the character has always been portrayed by a male, not because I want girls back in the kitchen.
>>
Get in casualwhostream for

Silence in the Library/ Forest of the Dead

in a few minutes
>>
File: average viewer.png (99KB, 1074x402px) Image search: [Google]
average viewer.png
99KB, 1074x402px
>>
>>86066194
What if it's because I don't have anything against female leads in concept, but think it's silly to replace male leads with female leads?
>>
Need stories for Tenth Doctor and War Doctor

>Also want one more story for both First Doctor and Third Doctor, as well as Seventh Doctor

>Bill Potts needs more stories

>More Thirteenth Doctor stories are always welcome

Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, K9, and Class stories are welcome, along with any other spinoff stories (Vienna, Graceless, Jago and Litefoot, etc).

Poems, short scenes, and scripts are welcome.

And the deadline is now August 14th!

Post your finished entry here, using a pastebin or Google Docs link (google docs keeps formatting)

>>86066563
Why do you think it's silly?
>>
File: eggelston.png (124KB, 1222x596px) Image search: [Google]
eggelston.png
124KB, 1222x596px
>>86066543
Pack it up guys, the Tardis Data Core forums are where the REAL fans hang out.
>>
Note: this was posted after the Twice Upon A Time trailer.
>>
>>86066974
Damn...Truly, this is the most creative fanbase
>>
This guy...
>>
...just won't...
>>
...give up.
>>
>>86066695
Because I think it's ineffective from all angles. Even putting aside my cletus reasons and thinking about it purely from a liberal perspective, IMO, a better way to make the political point would have been to establish an entirely new female-led show, instead of switching out a male lead for female in an existing one. I think, at best, it will only serve to reinforce corrective thinking, instead of actually changing people's perspective. Little Timmy sitting down to watch the show with his parents will ask "why is the Doctor now a woman?", to which his parents will reply something along the lines of "because women can do everything men can do" -- and all Timmy internalizes is thought correction towards socially acceptable standards, instead of actually having his perspective changed to genuinely believe that women are equal. If Timmy instead watched a female-led show that was well-crafted and successful, it would never even occur to him to ask a question such as "why is a woman doing x" -- to view women as equal and capable would be as natural to him as the idea that men are capable was to a generation of kids who grew up watching men do things on television.
>>
>>86067364
Back to >>>/pol/.
>>
>>86067364
Wow. This has to be the calmest, most rational, and, frankly, most agreeable position that /who/ has ever been graced with.

Too bad I don't care if it's a political point and only care if the show is ruined thematically or from an in-universe perspective.
>>
File: GET OUT.png (238KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
GET OUT.png
238KB, 497x497px
>>86067364
>>
calling someone a Cletus is just as, if not more cringey, than calling someone an SJW
>>
>>86067516
boardies getting sordid
>>
>>86067468
Yeah. I do think Jodie Whittaker will probably nail the role from a non-political standpoint. Bit worried about the decision to make Chris Chibnall showrunner, though, based on his previous work on Doctor Who.
>>
>>86067695
I think she'll be mediocre as shit, her first episode will have the highest ratings ever, BBC execs will be rubbing their hands together Jewishly and then it will plummet as everyone drops it, the right wingers, the people who've watched it from childhood and can't entertain a female as the Doctor, and even the redditumblr fandom who were just there to virtue signal.

Always hated the muh equality meme, women and men are nothing alike and our differences should be celebrated. It's a biological fact women are better mothers, for one they can produce milk, their entire neural pathways are structured entirely differently but we pretend it isn't and we're all the same and birth rates are now below replacement level and society is more fucked than ever.
>>
>>86067695
At the very least he has written some excellent stories in the Whoniverse in the way of Torchwood. The series 2 finale is one of the most poignant stories that I've ever known.
And his non-Whoniverse stuff is good, too.

Even his Doctor Who stories have all been famously impeded by things beyond his power like unknown budget restraints. I have confidence in him.
>>
File: 250px-Scaroth.jpg (15KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Scaroth.jpg
15KB, 250x188px
Scaroth reporting in.
>>
>>86067852
Did you forget your meds today, Anon?
>>
>>86067364
Except that an entirely new female-led show wouldn't have the clout of Doctor Who. And Little Timmy might learn that what makes the Doctor who s/he is (goodness, curiosity, fighting evil) are unisex traits. It might help Timmy realize that gender isn't that important, in the deepest parts of a person, in what makes them good or bad.

>>86067852
>biological fact

Anons, we're not talking about motherhood. We're talking about adventurism, curiosity, seeking justice.
>>
Are there any good DW novels or even fan fics written from the perspective of the Doctor?
>>
>>86068169
You mean exclusively from his perspective for the whole duration?
>>
>>86068169
Ghost Ship is written from the Fourth Doctor's first person perspective. No idea on the quality.
>>
>>86068205
Preferably, but I don't mind either way. Just interested in seeing how that would work.
>>
Why are there no fucking Clara x Reader fics out there?
>>
>>86068974
I'm sure they're around somewhere. Most fanfic writers are women though and so most reader fics are male characters banging a female reader.
>>
>>86068003
>Except that an entirely new female-led show wouldn't have the clout of Doctor Who
Why? Doctor Who's ratings aren't what they were. Surely there's every reason to believe a new female-led show would take off if it were written well, produced well, and promoted sufficiently? And if it still didn't, might that carry implications about the extent to which the public cares for action-oriented series' with female leads?
>It might help Timmy realize that gender isn't that important, in the deepest parts of a person, in what makes them good or bad
Right, but the same could also result from a new TV show.
>>
>>86069121
Doctor Who is still a rather commonly known name. It has more clout--even if people aren't watching, they know of it. And since the next series will have a new showrunner and production crew, people will take a peek.

>>86069121
True, but it'll be even stronger with the same character.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1KEriNW7A

She seems really excited, guys.
Will she be kino?
>>
>>86069442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXW1nyDlpCc
>>
>>86069544
hope she's good
>>
which episodes would be better if they had a different doctor?

I think 12 would have been great in the Planet of the dead
>>
In vampires of venice. The vampires were using a perception filter to look human, even though literally less than 10 episodes ago they introduced shimmers which do the exact same thing. why not use shimmers?
>>
Alright Doctor Who watchers, here's what I want to know: i get he can't have doovers or be in the same place as himself, but what stops doctor who from just going like, an hour into the future after he knows the story has ended and just asking some random bystander what happened and how he solved the mystery?
>>
>>86070252
because it's all made up and the plot points don't matter
>>
>>86070337
Who says he doesn't?

Also, that can backfire. Last time the Doctor tried that, Warriors of the Deep happenned.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.