[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie is boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: DUNKIRK.png (381KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
DUNKIRK.png
381KB, 851x315px
This movie is boring
>>
>>86064009
u in london bb?
>>
>>86064009
Agreed. Was pretty disappointed.
>>
>>86064009

It's pleb filter. Fuck off back to r3ddit, thanks.
>>
>>86064009
Excellent review.
>>
>>86064009
"I'm bored" the mantra of underdeveloped minds everywhere.
>>
>>86064009
I can't even respect an opinion this uninformed.
>>
>>86064009
you must be some next level adhd babby if you seriously came away from the film thinking that
>>
>>86064009
I don't think there is such a thing as a boring movie but this one was just shit.
>>
lol youve triggered the horde
>>
File: Dunkirk.png (537KB, 1170x708px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk.png
537KB, 1170x708px
Check out the 1958 version. A corporal who didn't want responsibility is suddenly responsible for getting his men back to safety.
>>
It's a patrician filter. Plebs will jump on it for its pretty pictures. Patricians will instantly recognise its deficiencies in structure, storytelling, and laziness
>>
Not saying it's the greatest one, but this movie kept me more engaged than any other WW2 movie.
Even if you think it sucked, I think most would agree that it at least held their attntion
>>
>boring
Another plebian filtered through Kino
>>
>>86064009
You're obviously not British. Anyone who is understands the fucking significance of this movie. It's more than a movie even, it's a message. A message to the rest of the Western world that we, the British are the sons and daughters of hero's, every single one of us. I've got hero's blood, you've got plebs blood
>>
>>86068349
Bloody Brits!
>>
>>86064009

Are you useless, anon?
>>
File: 1465396009530.png (61KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1465396009530.png
61KB, 320x320px
>The fastidiously severe images that are usually a watermark of Nolan’s willful artistry here give way to an anonymously practical recessiveness; rather than inflect his images, he lets the scale of his format, the 70mm. negative and the IMAX screen, do the bulk of the visual work. The next step in the movie’s immersive viewing might have been for cold water to wash along the aisles. Hans Zimmer’s absurdly overbearing music, which virtually bellows emotional commands at viewers, is matched by Nolan’s use of bass sounds—whether those of the music or of sound effects—that made the floor rumble and the seats shake at the IMAX screening I attended. The sensory overload of “Dunkirk” is also an anti-intellectual barrage that effaces the actual differences that were overcome with difficulty in pursuing the war—not just personal ones but also skepticism of bureaucracy, resentment of military discipline and hierarchy, social and political conflicts—the full spectrum of public discord that may have been muted in the midst of the war but that were detailed afterward by journalists, historians, and artists. (George Orwell’s wartime writings also give a sense of it.) “Dunkirk” seems, rather, like one of the self-censoring exhortations of wartime itself. Nolan’s sense of memory and of history is as flattened-out and untroubled as his sense of psychology and of character.
>>
File: Essex.jpg (80KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Essex.jpg
80KB, 540x960px
>>86068349

So this is what hero kids do with the society their ancestors fought for
>>
>>86068620
>special bin for broken bottles
>cookie monster eats these and dies a horrible death
>>
>>86068521
What is this guy trying to say? That Nolan did not properly portray the psychology of young soldiers, and more importantly that Nolans recount of history lacks accuracy or detail? This mans a hack. If he knew what he watching he would of kept silent. This illustration of Dunkirk is neuroses, a quiet jeopardy. It is an intensely focused account of the happenings that took place. This film could have been silent if it wanted to, apart from a score which is essential to the mystique. Exposition in this film is not neccesary. We all know the history. This films about atmosphere. We are indeed anxiously waiting with the British. Brilliant film.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.