[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still mad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: imsb__0.png?itok=_GJip9VY.png (349KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
imsb__0.png?itok=_GJip9VY.png
349KB, 1280x800px
I'm still mad.
>>
Why? It was SJW heaven.
>>
why did they do it?'
>>
TheChamCham
>>
>>86062750
>alt right SJWs invade a place, shitting it up to the point where it's unusable
>get told to fuck off for being shitty, stupid people

WOW SJW MUCH? KEK! SHADLIDAY!
>>
>>86062837
Woah
>>
I liked checking it out, some topics were actually useful.
Why did the rid of it anyway?
>>
I remember browsing the board for the shining after I first watched it and there was the same autist in every thread angrily shitting on Stephen King, good times. His post dates spanned years, very dedicated
>>
>watch some foreign film from 1975
>go to imdb
>read the trivia
>go to the boards
>see what peoples opinons were, any questions they had and other random stuff

It was nice, a collection of a decade plus of people putting their 2 cents in.
>>
File: 1347541807288.jpg (198KB, 1015x759px) Image search: [Google]
1347541807288.jpg
198KB, 1015x759px
>>86062736
Yeah, I'm still a little butt hurt. So, what was the reason for shutting it down???
>>
>>86062974
I think because the user base was getting smaller and smaller and also the boards were known for having some pretty terrible people.

I remember going on Chloe Moretz's board and there would be about 4 people constantly posting about her feet.
>>
>>86062736
Where else can i get my '100 things i learned from x movie' or how an actress looks like this other one?
>>
File: 1461014991309.jpg (15KB, 384x522px) Image search: [Google]
1461014991309.jpg
15KB, 384x522px
>>86063221
yeah, i figured it was probably do to low user base, plus how much money it cost to keep the forums up ( there's a forum for damn near every movie / tv show / episode ever made...kind of crazy ) I think the IMDB boards could of survived if were more than just text base. Like, we didn't get picture avatars for our profiles until 2011 - 12 , I believe...I could be wrong.

But yeah...I hope they bring it back.
>>
>>86063830
>plus how much money it cost to keep the forums up ( there's a forum for damn near every movie / tv show / episode ever made

The cost of maintaining text? Are you fucking joking? It's as close to zero as you get. Even the bandwidth is utterly negligible.
>>
>>86064046

Yeah, I figured to make it text only was a reason for cut backs, but I thought that with the massive amount of forums it would cost a lot to run. Eh, I guess not. So why did they trash it ?
>>
>>86064210
>So why did they trash it ?

Because it was known to be low traffic and high in controversy. What business sense does it make to keep it around?

Of course you don't want to straight up tell your most loyal users they're a fucked cesspool that makes your site look bad so you insert a dumb hand wave HURR COSTS TOO MUCH TO TRANSFER TEXT and flush it down the memoryhole.
>>
>>86064450
Eh, i think the main prob was do to low traffic. Lets be honest, any site that has a forum is a cesspool, and if it's not...give it time.
>>
>>86062837

I'd like to think this was written with many layers of irony but I'm pretty sure you're just genuinely a rage spittle induced lefty.
>>
>>86062837
I don't browse /pol/. Does anyone on 4chan say "shadilay" or even still buy into that cringy kekistan shit?
>>
>>86062837
Go outside
>>
File: 1488174207509.png (71KB, 315x145px) Image search: [Google]
1488174207509.png
71KB, 315x145px
>>86062837
>>
I used to go to the IMDB boards all the time.

I literally have not been to IMDB since they shut it down.
>>
>>86064963
Haven't browsed /pol/ in months but I think the kekistan shit died when the_donald started using it
>>
>yfw they bring it back but you have to use your verfied real name to register
>>
>>86062736
>watch movie
>immediately look up "movie ending explained"
life is tough now bros
>>
Nolanites ran it into the ground.
>>
>>86062758
Because the studios wanted to shut down advanced word of mouth that their movies were garbage. So they threatened to boycott the IMDB and cut off those fucking whores who own it. I really miss that site where I'd post a comment on a board for an obscure movie that no one posted on for several years and check back a week later to see that someone wrote something in response!!!FACT!!!
>>
me too
>>
>>86065543

This.

Pre-The Dark Knight it was an awesome place. After people jumped on that bandwagon and started manipulating the top 250 hard then you couldn't rely on anything and it brought in a new age of smug armchair critics who acted like Nolan invented the movie camera.

I feel sorry for you guys who weren't on there in the old days. When it was a smaller userbase and it was just people who wanted to talk movies it was GOAT.
>>
>>86062837
white men
>>
File: 1499503874544.jpg (11KB, 267x181px) Image search: [Google]
1499503874544.jpg
11KB, 267x181px
>>86065395
>tfw still don't understand some of the scenes in "A Cure For Wellness"
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.