[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 3

File: theongreyjoy.jpg (83KB, 306x306px)
theongreyjoy.jpg
83KB, 306x306px
Why do people like this character?
>>
i can honestly say nobody liked him to begin with from the start
>>
>>86056812
Nobody likes him, everyone wants to see him die horribly.
>>
>>86056812
>people like this character
citation status: needed
>>
It was only a fucking dog
>>
>>86056812
>OP confirmed for not knowing shit about what people like
>>
>>86056812
>Why do people like this character?
Gee I wonder why 4chan identifies with a man who has no penis
>>
>>86056812
I think people just want to see his redemption
>>
>>86056840
>>86056877
I genuinely like Theon. He has had a hard life, even before Ramsay.
>>
some people delude themselves into thinking he'll change and stop being a little bitch nigga. it's way too late for that shit.
>>
>>86056918
It was Ramsay Bolton's dog.
>>
>>86056956
>>86056952
>>
>>86057073
>>86056962
>>
>>86056877
I want to see him redeemed. Maybe I just empathize with him.
>>
>>86056812
>literally a dickless coward
4chan's self insert character
>>
I only like reek
>>
>>86056812
Does nobody like Theon, or at least sympathize with him?
>>
>>86057157
empathy is for the weak
>>
>>86057340
Yes, I'm sure most of /tv/ would have charged Euron.
>>
>>86056918
ramsey bolton kills his own wife and 2 days later theon kills his fuckin dog
>>
>>86057408
Is this from the books? I don't Theon killing any dogs in the show. Ramsay never kills his wife in either media.
>>
>>86057497
valar yaga
>>
>>86056812
i enjoyed watching him get rekt by John Wick
>>
They don't.

I like his book counterpart
>>
He's the only young actor who is actually good on the show
>>
>>86057603
This is true, regardless of whether you like Theon or not. Alfie is a bookfag who deserved better than Dabid.
>>
>>86056812

He's unlikable and deserving death since season 2 when he sacked Winterfell.
>>
>>86057664
He just wanted to be accepted by his family.
>>
>>86056918
Can someone explain this meme to me?
>>
>>86056964
>>86057664
Then why do people like Tormund, who raided villages and killed innocents?
>>
>>86056812
Good acting. Many seasons ago.
>>
He's the most realistic character in the series.
>>
Because he's really well written in the books and has some of the best chapters.
>>
I like a redemption story, and I really enjoy seeing him pushed through so much garbage. I really love the fact that he's been broken so much and I can't wait until he tries to redeem himself and I hope he fails miserably, but the audience still recognizes that he tried[/spoiler
>>
He goes from somewhat neutral too overconfident to defeated and humiliated to traumatized and cowardly.
He will probably die saving his sister.
>>
>>86058016
john wick
>>
>>86056812
Because he is one of the few characters who actually took an interesting development instead of becoming muh generic top tier warrior/politician.
From loyal friend to cocky cunt to traitor to prince to slave to guy searching for redemption.
>>
Literally dickless coward

\tv\ identifies with him
>>
>>86056812
I like him because he has effectively mastered the art of wimping your way to survival.

He's weak, he's dishonorable, he's stupid, but he also has an uncanny knack for knowing exactly when to get the fuck out of the way and go somewhere else.

If any single character is going to survive this series to the end, it's going to be Theon. He's been given enough chances for an "honorable death" and he's rejected them all. He is the living representative of one of the series' core tenets: all your honor, wisdom, and moral superiority don't mean shit when you're dead.
>>
>>86056812
I don't like Theon but I think he has one of the most tragic and interesting storylines.
>>
>>86058444
Holy shit this
>>
How do you pee when you get your penis cut off?
>>
>>86058444
Trips don't lie.
>>
>>86058517
Carefully
>>
>>86058517
With the hole that's left
>>
>>86056812
I think it is because he is one of the few characters that isn't a cardboard cutout. He has flaws and a bit of an arc and we'd like to see where he goes in terms of character development.
>>
>>86057497
>not getting the joke

fucking pleb
>>
>>86056812
I don't like him because it's like seeing myself.
>>
>>86058444
>no cock
why live?
>>
>>86058517
like a girl
>>
>>86056812
i honestly like how he is one the most consistent characters, he is just not cut-out for all this shit but still puts himself right in the middle of it
>>
People tend to like the best friend of the main hero(Robb) who has a chip on his shoulder. See: Ron Weasley.
>>
>>86056812
Nobody likes him because he betrayed Robb and is responsible for Ser Roddrick and Maester Lewin's deaths. Not to mention he's been tortured to the state of an ultra beta.

I want to see him redeemed. They might have him kill Euron.
>>
>had a huge cock
>now a cockless man who's tortured, cucked, and left his kin to die

people just feel sorry for him
>>
>*sister receives his cock in a box*
>"this will do"
>lol
>>
>>86058205

Theon betrayed the Starks who took good care of him after the Greyjoys had assaulted the mainland. The public saw how well the Starks treated him for a full season of the show. He killed Ser Rodrick onscreen. A character that was known to the audience.

Tormund is a near-mindless barbarian who follows the orders of other men. I'm not sure the audience knew any of the characters Tormund killed. He was eventually heeled by Jon Snow and was one of the few who stood by Jon, one of the main characters, during his betrayal by the other members of the Nights Watch.

Both are cold blooded killers, but Tormund has had significantly less villainy associated with him to the audience.
>>
>>86059208
>Theon betrayed the Starks who took good care of him
After they killed his brothers and took him hostage.
>Tormund has had significantly less villainy associated with him to the audience
So the only real reason is because the writers told us to like Tormund more?
>>
>>86059208
Basically Tormund plays by nigger rules.

>he a good boy he dindu nuffin poor barbarian didn't know better maybe i should let him fuck me
>>
>>86057340
If you don't have empathy you don't use your frontal lobes and it probably means you are a psychopath/sociopath or have so-called autistic spectrum disorder like aspergers which is just a politically correct way of saying psychopath/sociopath. Also it means you're by definition not human and should be exterminated. It also means your sense of smell is weak to non-existent and you think in binary incapable of seeing gray because you can't comprehend abstracts. So please tell me who is weak again. I figure we should give everybody an abstract test and an empathy test and then brain scans. Exterminate everyone who doesn't use frontal lobes and fails the tests because they are predators among normal human and the condition is genetic so extermination is a viable solution
>>
>>86056812
I don't like him, but he is an interesting character and portrayed well.
>>
>>86059444
Even if you're baiting, your general point is still valid. I should have expected the autist on 4chan to hate a character because he didn't act in a coldly logical manner, preventing then from being unable to relate to him in any way
>>
>>86056812
I like how he took charge during season 2, ever since then I've just decided to stick with his character
>>
>>86056812
It's not his fault. He's always written into situations where he has to betray someone or be a little bitch to prevent himself dying pointlessly.
>>
>>86058335
>that spoiler
It would be nice and "realistic," but D&D are hacks and have started to use tropes in the series known for subverting them; so I have no hope for this.
>>
>>86058632
This.
>>
>>86056812
>implying
>>
>>86059208
>>86059342
>>86059436
This >>86060436
>>
>>86057157
This, I guess.
>>
I like Theon cause he is interesting.

For instance people were pissed he betrayed Robb. I get that. Now people are pissed he betrayed Yara his sister. Well if he never betrayed Robb that would be a betrayal of his sister. So if you are mad he Betrayed Robb in a way it makes no sense to be made he Betrayed Yara.

Also, he was betrayed by his family first and was treated "well enough" by the Starks but he was never fully accepted by them either.

Robb and Jon treated him as a friend but not a brother which is how he treated them and wanted to be treated. In fact I would argue if he was fully accepted by the Stark family he would have stuck with them. In fact after stability was had they should have given Theon back but they never did.

In a way Ned is at fault. If he was as noble as he said he would have let Theon go home after stability was achieved.
>>
>>86061158
>In fact I would argue if he was fully accepted by the Stark family he would have stuck with them. In fact after stability was had they should have given Theon back but they never did.
lmao no

He was literally a hostage to keep the stability.
>>
He's the only character who actually gets his comeuppance for being a terrible human being throughout the story.
Compare this to Dany, who is objectively terrible, but is considered a 'hero' by the writers.
>>
>>86061158
Seems to me he was treated better than Jon. He was allowed in the banquet in the first episode while Jon wasn't
>>
>>86061158
>he was betrayed by his family first and was treated "well enough" by the Starks but he was never fully accepted by them either.
>Robb and Jon treated him as a friend but not a brother which is how he treated them and wanted to be treated
This, people can't understand that he was taken hostage by the people that killed his brothers. There is a difference between being nice to an individual and accepting them. I don't understand how people see Theon's situation and his subsequent actions as black and white, when it's always been a lot more complex than that.
>>
>>86061391
Theon was still highborn, Jon was only a bastard.
>>
>>86057340
humans are weak
>>
>>86061391

The banquet hall isn't a big deal. Jon was loved by his family for the most part. No one ever loved Theon. That is the key difference.
>>
>>86056812
The Iron Price!
>>
>>86056812
Better than Euron or Yara. I still want to see the Hound slice him in half with a sword.
>>
>>86056812
Theon is god tier and I hope he survives to the end.
>>
>>86056812
because he's in an eternal state of failure and redemption.

His family treats him like shit after he was given as a hostage.

He did what his father want's and takes winterfell, only to be betrayed by boatniggers

he gets castrated and tortured yet finds his will to be a man again

he saved sansa from more ramsey rape

he literally has nothing left to live for yet continues to live anyway.

Ironborn are literally the worst house yet he at least tries to bring honor to them
>>
>>86060436

>Yara's entire fleet gets btfo while she's busy being a thotty dyke
>can't save yara who's already captured
>avoid taking axe to face
>live to fight another day ddespite risking hypothermia anyway
>get called a coward by boat niggers
>first move is to plan her rescue
>doing all this without a cock
>>
>>86058677
>why live?
>the possibility of getting a magic golden valyrian steel cock forged from dragonfire
>fuck the world with it
>never distracted by pussy unlike yara who lost her whole fleet while eating sandy clit
>>
>>86057664
>betray family that gave you as hostage
>betray family that held you hostage
>only friend is Ros, a whore
>doesn't even get a direwolf
>>
>>86061391
>he was treated better than Jon

glorified hostage/trophy of war.
>>
>>86056812
It's really not his fault his people are such niggers they can't be bothered to grow their own food.
>>
>>86056812
Same reason they liked Stannis. /tv/ loves cucks.
>>
>>86056812
Because he has flaws and is more human than most of the other characters in the books/show.
>>
File: theon-greyjoy.png (460KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
theon-greyjoy.png
460KB, 800x450px
>>86056812
Theon was screwed no matter what

>Stay loyal to Robb
>He's a traitor to his own blood
>When he rejoins Robb most likely Robb's bannermen demand Theon's head
>Either Robb gives in an executes him or he loses standing and is betrayed and murdered anyway

>Theon stays loyal to his blood family
>He is a traitor to Robb
>North wants his head
>he's a shit ironborn
>you know what happens

Option 3
>Send word to Robb warning him of Ironborn attack
>Then flee to Essos
>He's seen as a traitor to his own family and a craven to boot

Some people were just born to be losers
>>
>>86056812
>>86056840
He's my mother's favorite character and she thinks he didn't nothing wrong

She's a show-only fan

Her other favorite characters are Tywin, the Kingslayer, and Queen of Thorns
>>
>>86064665
Your mom sounds based.
>>
File: dolfen-roose-bolton.jpg (179KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
dolfen-roose-bolton.jpg
179KB, 500x696px
>>86061158
>In fact I would argue if he was fully accepted by the Stark family he would have stuck with them

yes and he'd have been executed by them or by Robb's bannermen after the Greyjoy's attack the North

Some Lords would want Theon's head simply because he is a Greyjoy
Others because hostage taking is pointless if you don't follow through and Robb looks weak
Still others would make a ruckus about it precisely because it puts Robb in a hard place where he loses either way and Robb losing influence and respect is a chance for lesser lords to rise higher
>>
>>86061513
People are stupid
>>
Theon is Azor Ahai on the show, redemption arc is coming
>>
Do you think Theon will redeem himself in front of Jon? I want to see more scenes between the two.
>>
>>86065385
To me it seems like he has no real connection to the story anymore

Should have just killed him off (with Ramsay) when Sansa escapes
>>
>>86065511
Not making him finally man up to take down Ramsey and being sent to execution for it was a mistake
Roose would've made a much better villain
>>
>>86065385
Theon is more of a man than Jon even without a dick.
>>
>>86056812
don't you remember sansa's """"rape""""? we bonded with theon as he sobbed in dumbstruck horror (unlike the bitch who was supposed getting raped)

protip: hate fucking isn't rape
>>
>>86065850
Definitely.

Ramsay is so one-dimensional and boring.

I really wish we could have seen Jon and Roose exchanging terms before battle
>>
I don't like Theon. I like Reek.
>>
>>86063566

His father wanted him to raid fishing villages. He got talked into taking winterfell because he wants to impress his dad.
>>
>>86066308
He should have just grabbed and Bran and Rickon and ran back to Pyke

He'd have been the hero of the war
>>
>>86058444

not much point in living if you don't have those. that said, theon has been a victim of circumstance since being a political prisoner. it's natural to want to get the fuck out of the situations he finds himself in no control of until he can do something truly for himself.
>>
>>86056812
He has no balls and is a weak man so it's the ideal contemporary white male.
>>
>>86058205
Tormund wasn't a kinslayer. Theon admits himself the Starks where more a family to him than any Greyjoy, but that didn't stop him from killing them all. Nobody Tormund murdered, as far as we know, raised him from near birth and treated him with any sort of dignity or respect. Granted, Theon was technically a ward and essentially a prisoner, but he was a very very well treated one who even got to sit right by Robb and was considered one of his closest confidants, so much so Robb appointed him the one to try and bring the Greyjoys to heel, which Theon subsequently used to sack Winterfell.

There's a difference between killing people you don't know and people you consider friends and family.
>>
>>86056812
this image us fucken funny
>>
>>86056812
He was much better in the books
>>
>>86066900
How so?
>>
>>86061158
If theon was matriculated into the Starks, he would no longer be a political prisoner and they would have no leverage
>>
I want him to win.
>>
>>86061158
Yeah it's Ned's fault Theon killed those kids and everyone that treated him right and also his only actual friend. That was all Ned and not Theon at all.
>>
>>86067479
Me too, Theon is /myguy/.
>>
Theon is the pleb test. If someone says they don't like him because he betrayed the Starks and he's a whiny coward, they are a pleb. Pretty much only patricians like Theon as a character.
>>
>>86059444
this post smells of weakness
you really feel empathy for a coward?
>>
I'm just glad Ramsay is finally dead. I couldn't stand that character.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.