[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

James Cameron Terminator trilogy on the way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: terminator-arnie-56729004.jpg (57KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
terminator-arnie-56729004.jpg
57KB, 400x291px
>Cameron stepped forward with an idea to reinvent, resurrect and return the series to its glory days. By all accounts, the new movie would dismiss everything that came after the events of his own “Terminator 2 : Judgement Day”

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/terminator/50995/the-terminator-james-cameron-wants-new-trilogy-of-films

Will James 'The Sequel Stallion' Cameron digitally un-age Arnie?
>>
>>86054091

Christ. I love Arnold and I love Jim but Terminator just needs to go away now. It is beyond saving, even by Cameron. If I'm wrong about that I'll be extremely surprised.
>>
ffs really
>>
If the only thing he accomplishes is wiping Genysis from people's memory it'll be enough
>>
>>86054209
Don't kid yourself. Everything is capable of redemption, even an abused whore like Terminator.
>>
>>86054091
LIES
>>
File: ghjghjf.jpg (6KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
ghjghjf.jpg
6KB, 189x267px
>>86054091
HOLLYYY FUCKKK
>>
http://www.manlymovie.net/2017/07/an-update-on-terminator-6-and-conan-3.html

>What’s more, the first draft of the script is due in September, with a view to begin filming in 2018. Arnold has also signed on to star. One thing is for sure, it can’t be worse than the last movie and Cameron’s involvement means that there will be a certain degree of quality assurance.

We're getting it sooner than we thought too, boys!

So am I right in thinking that Cameron is writing and producing this Terminator and providing 'quality assurance' and the Dead Pool guy is directing?
>>
File: terminator-jamescameron-735068.jpg (185KB, 1742x781px) Image search: [Google]
terminator-jamescameron-735068.jpg
185KB, 1742x781px
>>86054209
>Terminator just needs to go away now. It is beyond saving

I disagree. The two real Terminator feels are gems worth being disassociated with the shit that followed them. JC can do it.
>>
>>86054499

>One thing is for sure, it can’t be worse than the last movie

didn't they say that after 3 and Salvation?
>>
>>86056167

3 and Salvation were kino compared to Genisys
>>
The only thing I'd like to see is it take place entirely during the Future War -- near the end when the humans finally defeated Skynet.
>>
>>86054091
I like salvation, and I saw Genysis a few days ago and it was a lot better than I expected.

The problem with reboots and sequels and shit is the lack of canon and continuity.
>>
>>86056255

I actually liked 3 so I don't understand people's issue with it. It wasn't as good as the first two but it had a very nice aesthetic to it. Salvation was alright too and I feel like people don't like it because it didn't have the same feel to it as the first three. Now Genisys was a goddamn atrocity and clarke was a total miscast for the character of Sarah Connor
>>
Holy fuck. Stop trying to make terminator happen. It wasn't even that amazing and isn't even that old. The first one was good because it did gritty right. The second one had good effects for the time. That's it. let it go. shit.
>>
>>86056387
I watched 3 recently and it was a fun watch, TX felt like a natural progression from the T1000 and sadly nothing has improved on it since. Genysis with the T3000 was stupid as fuck.
>>
After 5 shitty terminators this nigger is finally gonna do another one?
>>
File: 1421861601723.webm (344KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1421861601723.webm
344KB, 600x375px
So Arnold is on board for the next movie?

will they use CGI to make him younger or does it play in the future?

>By all accounts, the new movie would dismiss everything that came after the events of his own “Terminator 2 : Judgement Day”
so Edward Norton on board? will it even have anything to do with John Conner?
>>
>>86056387
>>86056507
>I actually liked 3
>I watched 3 recently and it was a fun watch

Each to their own and all that but I just can't get on board with that.
>>
>>86057418

Arnie is in the new one(s). Dunno about Furlong.

I hope it's a closed loop thing. So this new trilogy makes it a 5-film solid story that can't be fucked with.
>>
>>86057796
>a 5-film solid story

I was kind of hoping an overlap into Predator, and thence into PvA and the Aliens series, ending up with the prequels where Terminator fights Walter or Danielle or whoever the robot at the end was.
>>
>>86057422
Hey it's not good but it's enjoyable flick tier. The ending while predictable was also decent.
>>
File: we was queenz.jpg (545KB, 1150x766px) Image search: [Google]
we was queenz.jpg
545KB, 1150x766px
>>86054091
Nah Jimbo will be too busy fixing Ridley's senile bullshit in Alien:Awakening
>>
>>86057925
I'd like to see them parlay it into a Netflix series of three. Maybe even do a young Sarah Conner high school teen drama on CW or something. There's a lot of material here to mine.
>>
>>86059167
While Sarah Connor High on the CW sounds like bait, I really would love to just see them finish the Sarah Connor Chronicles, but I doubt they'd get Lena back now after GOT. Don't need more Terminator movies really. If they do one that one should just close the time loop so, good or bad, the sequels stop.
>>
>>86054091
Holy fuck yes.
Based Cameron.
>>
>>86054091
>james cameron to reinvent a trilogy that was created by a woman, while he got all the credit, and was sued and settled out of court to keep her quiet
since his entire career is copying others, how do you think the reboot will go, just shot for shot remake of the originals?
>>
File: Crying_Face_Emoji_large.png (107KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Crying_Face_Emoji_large.png
107KB, 480x480px
>>86054091
It's such a shame that Terminator 3 really has no feeling of being a real sequel, everything else after are pet projects of their directors.

T2 was such an amazing part of childhood, it was that and later the Matrix.
Something very raw, that it tapped into. It was a very strong indepedent film that needed no viewing of the first one.

It's a part of life, Arnolds really old. Too old for T3.
I want to see a director do something new, especially in scifi that has never been seen.
>>
Holy shit Terminator is beyond saving now

fucking let it die
>>
>>86054091
Wait, isnt this nigga doing like ten avatar sequels? Terminator X Avatar incoming?
>>
>>86054311
>Everything is capable of redemption

Alien?
>>
File: 1502152010824s.jpg (7KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502152010824s.jpg
7KB, 208x250px
>>86062999
>T2 was such an amazing part of childhood, it was that and later the Matrix.

H-how old are you?

I thought I was the oldest fag here
>>
>>86061965
harlan ellison is a woman??
>>
I'd love it it's such a cool universe and unlike aliens isn't all tapped out and more relevant now than ever.

I doubt it will happen and Arnie is too old.

Would rather have King Conan
>>
File: Board Representatives.jpg (3MB, 6800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Board Representatives.jpg
3MB, 6800x1000px
>>86054091
I hope it has a bunch of subtle SWJ, and leftist propaganda in it to spice it up and give it some edge. Based fucking Cameron, do it like Avatar get a heavy PG-13 rating and it'll be a smash series
>>
>>86061965
>>james cameron to reinvent a trilogy that was created by a woman, while he got all the credit, and was sued and settled out of court to keep her quiet
>since his entire career is copying others, how do you think the reboot will go, just shot for shot remake of the originals?
what
>>
>>86054091
The ending always confused me. I don't see how it merely existing would've caused SkyNet to be created. His severed arm wouldn't be enough to rapidly allow AI technology to advance like that.
>>
>>86054209
>Terminator is beyond saving
Actually terminator movies would be fairly simple to make decent again, the first step is telling Arnold to go fuck himself.
>>
>>86062999
I personally think the first is better than the second.
>>
>>86059150
>Feet are literally high heel shoes
Never noticed that
>>
>>86061965
let me guess... you are that "SW will surpass avatar!" fag.
>>
>>86059150
ALIENS design is so ugly compared to Giger's work on the first film
>>
>>86054499
I'd rather watch Conan 3 because him sitting on the throne was a great opening and has a lot of potential. The cinematography was great in both movies but the first was definitely better than the second. What is good in life, anons?
>>
Arnolds too old now and also a lib fag who I don't like use mexi Arnold and get ed furlong on a treadmill.
>>
>>86063139

45, you?
>>
>>86063565
>45
Jesus
>>
>>86054091
What was wrong with Terminator 3?
>>
>>86063139
Don't be too upset :} lol
>>
>>86063592
It was a rehash of Terminator 2. And it doesn't really take itself seriously with some humor.
>>
So the 5 Avatar movies filming back to back are off then?
>>
>>86063139
Nooo, I'm only 26. Never watched it in cinema, I would record it on VHS tapes and one time they showed the extended cut on TV. It was that and Home Alone, watching both on reruns.
>>
>>86063704
Can't wait to see the 3D rerelease on August 25th
>>
>>86062999
T3 was basically a remake of T2 just with the beginning of the nuking at the end.

It felt hollow.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.