[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2007 >4 different blocks of programming, one of which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

>2007
>4 different blocks of programming, one of which being 16 straight hours
>A diverse list of series containing a wide variety of cartoons ranging a large variety of genres
>Unaffraid of rerunning old series, running stuff that hadn't been on television in 10+ years
>Multiple series spanning a great range of "maturity" levels. Some were just slapstick comedies with lighthearted themes, while others had ongoing plots with weight and consequences that a kid or young adult could comprehend.
>Programming was scheduled on a week-long schedule. Every day, different shows were being broadcast on different days
>Adult Swim and Early Morning blocks featured some obscure and interesting stuff as well as legitimate messages from fans

>2017
>SJW/Hipster cartoons
>Everything is self aware and specifically written for the Steven Universe audience
>Everything is drawn using the same style and medium
>Live action "Hannah Montana-tier" shit
>There are only a couple of blocks, and both of them only contain 4 hours of programming.
>Don't even get me started on Adult Swim
>>
It's a perfect reflection of the degeneration of modern culture.
>>
>>86050471
It really is.

I know that someone's first defense against this would be "it's just nostalgia!" But what I'm saying is, I wouldn't even mind the "Steven Universe" shit, as long as they also had more programming and reruns for the rest of the schedule.

I have a lot of fond memories of watching Cartoon Network, but I tried to sit down and watch it with my kids and they honestly prefer that I burn DVDs of all my old shows.

It's funny that they seem to claim that they're being "Progressive" and "diverse" when the shows that were on the schedule 10 or 20 years ago had a HUGE range of characters and themes.
>>
File: 14974660823765.jpg (211KB, 730x1701px) Image search: [Google]
14974660823765.jpg
211KB, 730x1701px
>>86050321
>implying more than one show exists to cartoon network
>>
>>86050919
HOLY SHIT IS THIS REAL?!
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (61KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
61KB, 349x400px
>>86050962
>Used to work for the toy division
>Used to be the VP for a infant/toddler channel
>Has stated that she wants "a greater focus on the core programming"
>has passively said, "Kids just aren't watching television like they used to." and that CN should focus on opportunities on "the web".
>>
>>86051260
I believe this. It's unreal how many kids chill with an iPad and watch YouTube all day and play clash royale

Young kids also really like watch videos of other people playing video games. It's weird af
>>
Do kids even watch tv anymore?
>>
>>86051610
>>86051482
I really don't think they do.

My nieces and nephews only have it on in the background while they play on their tablets. The creepiest thing is that they sit and watch unboxing videos.
>>
> 2007

I don't even think I made it that far. I stopped around 2004 or 2005 because the drop in quality was already happening for some time.
>>
>>86051769
unboxing videos are relaxing, even rlm made one
>>
>>86051482
>It's unreal how many kids chill with an iPad and watch YouTube
Fucking this. YouTube is 99.999999% trash and yet kids eat this shit up. In 20 years they won't be able to sit in a movie theater for more than 10 minutes without checking out a youtube clip.
>Young kids also really like watch videos of other people playing video games. It's weird af
This times 1000. If I had a kid, and he was watching other people play video games, I'd put him up for adoption.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-26-08h28m46s841.png (476KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-26-08h28m46s841.png
476KB, 640x482px
A Jew?!
On my list you go!!!
>>
>>86051989
Back in the mid 2000s I kept this tiny CRT on my desk and I would always have it playing CN. I was ~18 and it was just relaxing/entertaining.
>>
It all ended with Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. After that it all went to shit, both with animation quality and content.
>>
>>86052017
>unboxing videos are relaxing, even rlm made one
No they're not. Fuck off douchebag.
>>
>God Tier:
Edds
Dexter
Johnny Bravo
X-Men Evolution

>Great Tier

Cow and Chicken
I am weasel
Cramp Twins
Grim and Evil

>Ok tier:
Powerpuff Girls
Cramps Twins

>Shit tier
all that fucking 3d shit
Thomas the Train
>>
>>86052432
>not mentioning Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Cartoon Planet, or the Brak Show

fucking underages
>>
>>86052510

space ghost coast to coast and the brak show was adult swim
>>
Pretty sure Cartoon Network is the reason I got diagnosed with (((ADD))) desu
>>
>>86052602
Coast to Coast was on Cartoon Network at first. Pretty sure it's one of the reasons AS got off the ground in the first place.
>>
>>86052602
True, but for the sake of the discussion in this thread, we're considering the entirety of CN's programming on all blocks.

I never saw X-Men Evolution, I don't think. But that's what was so great about CN back in the day, there were so many shows that there managed to be some that slipped by.

Nowadays, you can watch for 30 minutes and you immediately get what the whole channel has to offer.
>>
>>86052602
>space ghost coast to coast and the brak show was adult swim
Uh, Space Ghost Coast to Coast aired in 94. Adult Swim didn't start until early 2000's.

And that "herr derr Adult Swim is different that Cartoon Network" is stupid. They're were all on the same channel.
>>
>>86052432

>no Courage the Cowardly Dog
>no Samurai Jack

7/10 list, that's the best i can do
>>
>>86051482
>>86051260
>>86052087

I was at a lunch place this weekend and two 30-something yuppies had their 3 year old with them at the table and they literally put an ipad with youtube in front of her the entire time she she ate. i dont think the parents talked to her once. what the fuck kind of parenting is that
>>
>>86052774

forgot about Courage, true that, very good show, great tier

I did not care for Samurai Jack
>>
>>86050471
CN cartoons were always degenerate. I remember that Cow & Chicken show with all the adult jokes I didn't get, that homosexual devil guy that jumped around on his ass and the generally bad acid vibe of that show very well.
>>
>>86052797
My parents made me read before for at least an hour before I was allowed to watch TV or play video games. I still watched a shitload of TV and played some games . It scares me when modern parents use ipads and smartphones as parenting devices.
>>
>>86051989
CN died when toonami died.
>>
>>86052432
>Cow and Chicken above Powerpuff Girls
You were that kid who owned Sega consoles and had to get deliced, weren't you
>>
>>86052885

>great tier

gonna have to disagree with you again. Courage was undeniable God tier. the music, the characters, the plots, the animation and drawing style. there was something very surreal about that cartoon, but as a kid i didn't notice it

go watch an episode now and try to imagine how that show got a greenlight to be on a kids network. the early 2000s were such a different time
>>
https://youtu.be/iA40Y_8ZrUk

Reminder to watch what your kids are doing

This videos are so bizzare
>>
>>86053256
I never watched it till 2010 I was too scared of it as a kid
>>
File: return the slab.gif (494KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
return the slab.gif
494KB, 350x260px
>>86053392
>>
>>86052212
This guy is right.
>>
>>86052212
Yeah
>>
People who complain about Cartoon Network are too young to remember the absolute fucking state of MTV
>>
>>86053237
>hating on Sega
Come on man, the Genesis was lit
>>
>>86053830

MTV has been dead for so long no one gives a shit anymore desu
>>
>>86053256
>>86053392

that fucking spider episode always scared the shit out of me

there is a shot where a spider crawls toward the camera, oh my fucking god
>>
>>86053237
Genesis kids tend to be fucked but it doesn't excuse the normie useless drone trash that Nintendo spawned either though. They're both bad but at least one was interesting.
>>
>>86053899
Remember Spy Groove, Downtown, and Clone High? That was probably the death knell.
>>
How is that Edd's movie?
>>
>>86051610
Yes, but it's on Netflix and Hulu and not traditional cable TV anymore.
>>
Holy shit who cares if you're old enough to post on this site you should be embarrassed to watch children's cartoons

>>>/co/
>>
>>86053899
This. MTV was basically already shit right before the turn of the millennium and completely died soon after.
>>
CN was only good when they played old looney tunes and tom & jerry, droopy d cartoons

down with droopy d was great, the old walter lantz shit too

then they started making postmodern bullshit and it went to hell
>>
File: 1502054653715.png (286KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1502054653715.png
286KB, 600x448px
>>86053595
>>
>>86053977
Genesis was the normie console back then, Nintendo was for turbo autists or rich kids
>>
>>86054118
Honestly, Adventure Time and Gumball are pretty great. I haven't watched CN in a long time, though, so if >>86050919 is true that's pretty awful.
>>
>>86054192

lmao this is amazing b8. please post this on /v/ and then link it here
>>
>>86054192
This makes zero sense when you know that there were 30 million Genesis owners and 50 million SNES owners

And the Genesis was still by far the best selling SEGA console of all time
>>
File: TOP.jpg (705KB, 2212x1257px) Image search: [Google]
TOP.jpg
705KB, 2212x1257px
>>86053595
Fucking christ that brought back some memories.
>>86050321
Is it still checking out for toonami? The last thing I watched was Black Lagoon.
>>
>Gumball, Clarence, Regular Show
Has Cartoon Network had any other decent shows in the past few years?
>>
Cartoon Network was already pretty bad by 2007, 1998-2002 were the peak years

when did Nickelodeon become shit?
>>
that Duffy space agent series was good, when we talk about newer stuff
>>
>>86054301
Flapjack, if you consider that the last few years. Otherwise, not really.
>>
>>86054316
Id say Nick went to shit around 2002 also.
>>
>>86054288
yeah that's because the SNES wasn't discontinued until like 7 years after the Genesis

the Genesis outsold Nintendo easily in Europe, were winning in America too until they released the Saturn, the SNES only dominated in Japan
>>
>that period of time where Cartoon Network had a bunch of live action shows
What were they thinking?
>>
>>86050735
>muh steven universe shit

Nigger the show barely even airs on the network. Why do people choose to complaing about this show in particular.
>>
>>86054626
cutting costs. they admit this.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.