[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cloud Atlas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: CLOUD_ATLAS_poster_7.jpg (295KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CLOUD_ATLAS_poster_7.jpg
295KB, 1920x1200px
Now that the dust has settled, what're /tv/'s thoughts on this film?

Underrated cult classic or pretentious hipster garbage?
>>
>>86027509
Pretentious hipster garbage. One of the worst films I've ever seen. The Wachowski freaks should've stayed inside with the doors locked after they finished The Matrix.
>>
garbage adaptation of a good book
>>
>>86027509
>Underrated cult classic or pretentious hipster garbage?
I can understand both viewpoints but to me it's an awesome movie and should be considered an all time classic marsterpiece.
>>
File: party rock pepe.jpg (9KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
party rock pepe.jpg
9KB, 264x191px
The lower end of good, but i liked it because i liked the book.

Soundtrack is pure ear Kino though:
https://www.youtube.com/watchv=J0AjmDTBJqg
>>
>>86027509
I burst out laughing at the sight of white people with eyelid prosthetics trying to look like slants. seemed like a movie with a lot of money and zero substance behind it.
>>
Too political
I don't want to be reminded of my white guilt when I'm trying to escape the sins I've committed for the last 400 years
>>
>>86027509
fun
>>
>>86027509
Cool ideas, not great execution.
I loved it anyway
>>
>>86027509
> Underrated cult classic or pretentious hipster garbage?
You forgot the overhyped shit option
>>
blows ass. the only sort of interesting arc was the post apocalyptic one and that was shit because of the space faring nigress
>>
Cult classic, who wouldn't want their own Somni 651 to penetrate daily
>>
>>86029959
>seemed like a movie with a lot of money and zero substance behind it
Post 2k film general.
>>
>>86027509
Both
>>
>>86032227
This is the correct answer. It could have been so much more.
>>
>>86032424

Agreed.

I went to a Korean massage parlor, and my girl had the Sonmi/Yoona Cleopatra haircut. Happily pounded the fuck out of her
>>
>>86032227
>>86033180

I think the experimentation in storytelling was worth the occasional cheese and overt preachiness. Jumping from story to story, while keeping the emotional flow and tension intact. I can't imagine the time that went into working that out.

As for the goofy makeup and inescapable earnestness, just think of it as an intimate stage play. Let your imagination run a little, throw cynicism out the window, and just let yourself appreciate the feat.
>>
The Timothy Cavendish plot line is pure kino
>>
>>86033387
>Let your imagination run a little, throw cynicism out the window
Yeah that was how I handled it.
>>
A masterpiece IMO
>>
>>86027509

its kino
>>
>>86033760
it is literally kino in the somni plotline
>>
I really liked it, but it's third best Wachowski's movie.
1. Speed Racer
2. Matrics
3. Cloud Atlas

999. That shitty space Twilight
>>
I really liked it.
>>
File: 1382062279958.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1382062279958.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>86027509
Now that the dust has settled, what does /tv/ think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?
>>
>>86027509
It was really good!
>>
>>86034135
It's CIA tier.
>>
One of the most ambitious films I've ever seen.
>>
Editing six basically unrelated stories together in one movie without fucking up pacing irrevocably is quite a feat. The book was at the end of the day just a collection of stories that were only tentatively strung into some kind of narrative. Not kino, just a flick, but has some kino moments. I give it four paws up out of five.
>>
File: _1351119065.jpg (14KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
_1351119065.jpg
14KB, 480x300px
>>86029959
Don't you get it? The message of the film is all bad people come back as down syndrome chinamen
>>
Absolutely fucking terrible, and that's coming from someone that unironically enjoys Sense8
>>
>>86034453

Yeah (You) made the same joke in the other thread.

Seriously, we can watch two hobos on a bare stage with a single tree prop while they wait for Godot, and yet, as soon as Weaving applies prosthetic epicanthic folds, everyone loses their minds?
>>
Its definitly overrated by hypsters and lefties but ironically the best part of the movie was the gay lovestory.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.