[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Chigurh being such an asshole to this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: cointoss.jpg (29KB, 576x254px) Image search: [Google]
cointoss.jpg
29KB, 576x254px
Why was Chigurh being such an asshole to this guy?
>>
>>86015912
He was just deciding whether he should kill him or not.
>>
>>86015912
P U R E E V I L
a force of nature
>>
Because he's an autist who got surprised by a common question and it triggered him.

Also, the historically inaccurate beef jerky packaging.
>>
Chigurh is impotent and is venting his sexual frustration. When the cashier speaks of his wife, it reminds Anton of his own sexual shortcomings and infuriates him. When he puts the wrapper down, and it slowly expands, it's meant to symbolic of a world that is fertile and the loneliness of a man who is not
>>
cause he thought it would be epic
it was epic
>>
Chigurh represented the muslim invasion. He cared not about nice guys or bad guys, he would kill based on whether or not you you submit to his rules. The shopkeeper bowed to Chirgurh's rules and kept his life while Llewelyn's wife didn't so she died.
>>
>>86015912
I never understood this either, the cashier did nothing that could possibly be considered wrong, plus killing everyone for no reason seems to go against Anton Sugar's calculated (if excessive) violent methods. That's how you end up getting caught, especially since it's made clear that he isn't indestructible
>>
>>86015912
Practically speaking, its because he thought the guy might get people on his trail. He started asking him what city he was from as small talk, but it might tip people off somehow.

However, there's also a personal reason, the clerk just starts ticking him off. There's also how he mentions he married into it, which is apparently a no-no for Chigurh. He values self-made men likely.
>>
Elaborate way of only having to pay 25 cents for a candy bar and gas.
(((Chigurh)))
>>
>the level of capeshit enthusiast brainletism on tv is so high that most browsers fail to even understand entry-level legitimate cinema
>>
>>86015912
That's just his sense of humor.
>>
>>86016806
>underrated post
>>
File: IMG_3378.jpg (293KB, 1552x1622px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3378.jpg
293KB, 1552x1622px
dubs
>>
>>86015912
Assholes consistently feel the need to be an asshole to people. However I liked this guy's explanation the most.
>>86016132
>>
>>86015912
What business is it of yours?
>>
>>86016035
This..psychopath + autist= incredibly dangerous
>>
>>86016806
>>
File: 1499244605913.png (58KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
1499244605913.png
58KB, 436x425px
>>86016944
>browsers
>>
>>86016944
>post ironic full circle

You can stay
>>
>>86015912
It was a ploy to confuse the shopkeeper so Chigurh only had to pay 25ยข for the fuel & candy
>>
why does the wife call the coin flip in the book but not in the movie?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.