[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

movie critics get a huge bug up their assholes, part CXVII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: dark_tower.jpg (216KB, 960x653px) Image search: [Google]
dark_tower.jpg
216KB, 960x653px
just saw this in a theatre with my gf

solid 6/10 taken on its own -- not sure why all these fat fuck critics panned it
>>
>>86014684
Kill yourself this movie is unforgivable.
>>
>just saw this in a theatre with my gf

Guaranteed she was thinking about Idris Elba and not your tiny pecker, cuck.
>>
>>86014755
this
(USER SHARED TO FACEBOOK)
>>
File: in the trash.jpg (125KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
in the trash.jpg
125KB, 1300x957px
>>86014684
>black roland
never
>>
>>86014684
My Dark Tower concerns:

1. Kid would be annoying.
Kid was actually a really good actor. His parents were shit and strangely sit-com however.

2. Movie would be noisy and overblown like BvS.
Movie was well paced and moved along without neurotic baggage.

3. There would be too much horror for the sake of horror.
Felt more like Fallout 4, and almost nothing in terms of horror.

4. Movie would have a generic feel.
It had a unique feel, more science fiction than mystical shit.
>>
File: Man-Looks-Lustfully-at-a-Burger.jpg (82KB, 1300x949px) Image search: [Google]
Man-Looks-Lustfully-at-a-Burger.jpg
82KB, 1300x949px
>>86015097
oh, hey /pol
>>
Is The Dark Tower legitimately worth reading? I've struggled with Stephen King, I don't think I've finished one since I was 14.

I have a few on my shelf, including IT, but I'm yet to get around to them. I tried Pet Sematary last, but had to put it down pretty soon after the sentence about farting in bed. I found it poorly written and distateful.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (128KB, 660x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
128KB, 660x1000px
>>86015961
i recall trying to read one or two of the nine (related) books but i couldnt keep my interest

also, this bitch cant act
>>
>>86015961
it has possibly the most lackluster ending to any series to the point where he writes a disclaimer
And thats after probably about 4000 pages
>>
>>86015961
Lol, don't bother. You'd hate it. If you really want to get the feel without commitment, read The Talisman.
>>
>>86015874
t. hardcore Rick and Morty redditor
>>
>>86016345
This. Absolutely this.
Go ahead and read all of it until the very end though.
>>
Reminder that diversity casting is always a red flag about the quality of a movie.
>>
>>86016849

Movie was okay. Fans can't expect several thousand pages to be condensed into 95 minutes.
>>
so this film is a sequel to the books? and the books are just a groundhog day type of deal?
>>
>>86017869
more of an adaptation
>>
>>86015961
The Gunslinger is a quick, direct read. It's okay, has an intriguing world which is the real star of the book, not any of the characters.

Drawing of the Three is like an 80s fantasy adventure. It's pretty great and is the book I've re-read the most as Roland is mostly forced to be a fish out of water while being unable to be of any use physically. They introduce the main supporting cast here.

The Wastelands is an epic and feels like it. Lots of worldbuilding, lots of action scenes. This feels like the most able to be shot as a movie. Solid sci-fi fantasy.

Wizard and Glass is the best of the bunch as it not only finishes up the storyline of The Wastelands, it also finally focuses on Roland and gives you some horror that wasn't seen in the series since it was touched on in the first book.

Do not read further. The series ends at book 4. No, don't even bother with Keyhole, it doesn't matter. They stop after Oz.
>>
>>86015311
Fallout 4? I'm fucking out.
>>
>Roland isn't affected by my magic because handwave and plot
>shooting a bullet, then shooting another bullet that somehow catches up to the first bullet and causes it to ricochet off course

these are pretty much unforgivable. Other than that it was an okay flick taken on its own, it had some cool stuff, I imagine non-book-readers were confused as hell though. We still have the books, and the movie is nothing like them.
>>
>>86017479
>Fans shouldnt be upset that the studio decided to make a nearly 10 book series into just one movie
>>
>>86018080
I can confirm that everything in this post is correct.
>>
>>86018080
I made the mistake of reading the last three even as I could see the quality going down with every page turn. Ruined the series for me. Patrick Danville. Fuck you King.
>>
>>86018388
Same. And I started autistically screeching when King decided to go back and "remaster" the first four to have more hints of the shit he pulled in the last three books.

I remember actually throwing my book out the window after the first third of The Dark Tower. I left it in the grass for a day to think about what it did, if I knew Patrick awaited me I never would have retrieved it.
>>
>>86017479
I thought the character was black wtf??
>>
>>86015961
>is [Sthepen King] worth reading?
the answer is always no
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.