[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick and Morty S03E03 discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 42

File: PickleRickle.jpg (86KB, 1251x720px) Image search: [Google]
PickleRickle.jpg
86KB, 1251x720px
let's discuss picklekino. how was it? was it better or worse than the previous two episodes?
>>
I'M PICKLE RICK
>>
Pickle rick scenes were great. Therapy scenes were utter shit. I'm guessing they were written by women.
>>
>>86012703
I thought the last episode was trash too due to all the "lets talk about our feels" shit. That's normally the down side of most episodes to me. I thought they were cutting that shit when they got rid of the dad but I guess not.
>>
Actually a good episode. Enjoyed it. Not being a contrarian fag either
>>
>>86011884
I didn't like this episode much. The therapist scenes were boring as shit and I have no idea what the point of the whole pickle rick shit was other than "lol so zany, he's a pickle lol!". Entire episode didn't seem to have any real purpose other than shoving it down our throats that Rick is bad for his family and Beth has issues.
>>
It was good except for the therapy and mom scenes
But mebe im just edgy xD
>>
File: hmm.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>86011884
Fucking kill yourself and this stupid forced meme
>>
>>86015124
What kind of criticism is that? You have to have the most tunnel vision view i've ever seen. Jumping on the edgy i h8 rick and morty bandwagon. Go back to Plebbit
>>
File: ,rkl.png (39KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
,rkl.png
39KB, 384x313px
So much energy for a shitty meme that subtly promotes a show, interesting.
>>
i like how there's a shit load of gore, yet the word fuck is censored
>>
I said it from the start. It was going to be a bad episode, but not a terrible meme worthy episode. Just a generic bad episode. But none of you believed me.
>>
This show actually EXISTS? I thought it was a meme
>>
>>86015214
>What kind of criticism is that?
Honest? I do like R&M, and I quite liked the episode last week. It's just this one that left me going "What? That's it?". I watch the series for Rick and Morty going on Sci-Fi adventures, not to watch a shitty action movie parody interspersed with boring ass psychological quackery. Sorry.
>>
>>86011884
Good animation but seriously there was not a single funny moment
>>
>>86015124
>I have no idea what the point of the whole pickle rick shit was other than "lol so zany, he's a pickle lol!"
You didn't watch the episode and you're just jumping on the "reddit and memey sucks" bandwagon, huh

He did it so he didn't have to go to the retarded family therapy. The pickle was just a random thing Rick picked out to be.
>>
I love how triggered it made all the edgy nihilists who follow Rick and Morty. Hopefully this begins the processing of red-pilling nihilists into rediscovering sincerity.
>>
>>86015450
You misunderstand. That's the in-show justification for it. I don't understand what the point of writing an entire episode about it was. It wasn't really funny, it was just pointless. Ok Rick is a pickle and is beating rats up? Yawn.
>>
>>86011884
It was frkn epic. I just went to McDonald's and bought a ton of their pickles and szechuan sauce TM.
>>
I have (and will) never watch this show, but I must know. What's the deal? Is being a pickle some deep lore or just some lol random thing? Because every show has a random episode. Fuck this show.
>>
>>86015557
>Ok Rick is a pickle and is beating rats up? Yawn.
It's funny because the main complaint that /tv/ has about the show is that it's no longer about wacky and zany adventures, yet Pickle Rick is probably one of the best ones to come out of this series. It just so happened to be paired with the dumb as shit family therapy storyline.
>>
>>86015618
The entire point of the show is edgy randomness. It's designed for people who never grew out of nihilism.
>>
>>86015214
The only people that like this episode are on Reddit. Maybe you should go back.
>>
Best of the season so far
>>
>>86015618
It's a lame, epik wacky meme xD
>>
i'm just confused as fuck laughing at these threads.

I never watched Rick and Morty because it looked like an absurd stupid show. Not my thing.

Yet there are people attempting to have a serious discussion about it?
>>
>we could have had family therapy on par with the couple's counseling from last season
>nope, retarded drama with a self insert
>>
>>86015618
It's an average stoner comedy that deals with nihilistic themes and attracts a lot of pseuds who hype it up as being "for intellectuals." After a longass hiatus, a promo came out with the "too intelligent" character yelling about how he turned himself into a pickle and /tv/ turned it into a meme because of how fucking stupid a concept it was.
>>
Cut the family drama bs, Beth is not that interesting, neither is summer or jerry.
The show is called Rick and Morty, show more Rick and Morty.
Morty, as of late, feels like he's not getting any screentime.
I guess some character development is fine, but the show has been stuck in the same topic for the last three episodes and if they are going to explore more "deep" or consenquential things, those things should be more compelling than boring soapbox drama, or at least should be explored in more interesting ways than family counseling (like they did last episode wich was still not good)
It's incredible they managed to turn a show about a mad scientist and his autistic grandson into a typical sitcom, seriously just look at all the wacky shit the family has been through and compare it to what they are facing now.
All the episode should have been pickle rick desu.
>>
>>86015731
>Yet there are people attempting to have a serious discussion about it?
Yeah, they're called "Redditors."
>>
>>86015430
>fiction depicting a man turning himself into a pickle with science and then using every day objects to manufacture high tech weaponry is not science fiction

Also, if you didn't realize it by now, there has been a consistent character arc of both beth and rick as broken people. Like it or not, there is going to be more of this, just as there already was.
>>
>>86011884
I would say it's better than episode 2 but 2 had the arm plot so I'm conflicted. I guess it's about equal. 1 is probably the strongest episode this season but that's not saying too much. Season 3 hasn't had an "amazing" episode yet. Nothing as bad as some of S2's episodes, just decent.

Wait no I'm sorry that had too much nuance, uhh REDDIT WOMEN WRITERS REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT.
>>
>>86015741
I'm pretty sure this episode was the writers turning on the fanbase. The fanbase mostly identifies as omg-i-love-science 2smart4u nihilists, and therefore idolise Rick. This episode shat all over that mindset for not being enlightened at all, just really another immature way of running from your feelings and responsiblities.
>>
I thought it was pretty good, but would have loved more PICKLE RICK scenes.

This being said I love the shit surrounding this show and this episode.
>>
>>86011884
Better than episode 2, Probably a 8~9/10. Episode 1 this season was the single best episode of the series.
>>
>>86015965
8~9/10 is way too generous. The therapy session was shitty, especially when the writer self-inserted to break down Rick's character and destroy him. 5/10
>>
>>86015741
this whole thing reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxYA6duF-9E
>>
>>86015507
No, it just confirmed what I already knew... diversity hires lower the bar. Really fucking pissed to see one of my favorite shows sacrificed on that altar.
>>
Pickles are fucking gross. I'm fine with cucumbers, but something about the smell and sliminess of a pickle is disgusting.
>>
>>86012703
Weird.

I thought the episode was shit due to the pickle rick retarded edgy violence ala late era family guy.

The part with the therapist blowing their mom out of the water was great. Summer and Morty looking mortified in the back might mean they're both realizing Rick and Beth are nuts.

The episode was still unfunny as shit, though.
>>
>>86016147
You'll grow out of nihilism one day.
>>
>>86016261
>You'll grow out of nihilism one day.

That may be true, but the show will never grow out of being shit now.
>>
Only smirked once at the end scene with Jaguar.
>>
>>86012703
>Trying this hard to force the OMG MISOGYNISTS HATE R&M CUZ OF WOMIN narrative

Can't you just write some more 10 REASONS YOU'LL DIE ALONE (9 WILL SURPRISE YOUR CATS) articles instead?
>>
>>86016073
Trough the first 3 episodes the writers are raising the stakes physically and emotionally this season. In episode 1 they established the true extent of Rick's powers, and in the next 2 they've reminded the viewer of the extent to which he manipulates his family.

Therapist's speech at the end reminded me of the Sopranos, the emotional plot moving forward as the therapist character is used to outline the writer's vision of their progress so far so it can be built upon more effectively. And also the character's responses to hearing their own flaws is of course very revealing.
>>
>>86016261
Fuck you, I'm not a nihilist you fucking memer, I just thought the show was funny as fuck in Season 1 and Season 2 (to a lesser extent). The past 2 episodes have both been hot garbage.
>>
>>86016340
I smirked when Morty glared at pickle rick before the intro.

The show could've been a lot better if "pickle rick" was a throwaway gag at the beginning. Hell, even the pickle rick dildo gag that /tv/ kept trying to force meme would've been better.
>>
>>86016403
FUCK OFF. IF YOU WANT EMOTIONAL STAKES WATCH A DIFFERENT DAMN SHOW. I DON'T WATCH THE DAMN SHOW FOR EMOTIONAL STAKES. I want more shit like total rickall.

Rick and Morty died at the end of S03E01.
>>
>>86012703
This, I'm really getting fucking tired of this family drama.
>>
it was totally BASED
>>
>>86016504
i would have enjoyed it if the entire episode was pickle rick trying to be the funniest fucking meme in the world and everyone just ignoring it
>>
>>86011884
easily the worst episode or in the top 5 worst episodes
I didn't crack a smile or find anything remotely funny or thought provoking
>>
>>86016564
Rick and Morty has actual good writers, and good writers understand that literally EVERY story needs emotional stakes. Otherwise what is the show happening for?

If Rick were just an omnipotent scientist who truly had no love for his family at all (as he often claims) then why would anybody have any reason to care about his adventures? The Smith family's characters and relationships with each other have been very carefully built from the very first episode. Your favorite episode, 'Total Rickall,' if a prime example of it, a bottle episode used to deepen the audience's knowledge of the Smith family and their history with each other.
>>
>>86015507
new sincerity is cancer
david foster wallace was a retard

+ there's nothing sincere about fucking cartoon characters teaching you life lessons. it's condescending, embarrassing and obnoxious
>>
File: reddit pickle.png (91KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
reddit pickle.png
91KB, 1200x1200px
>>86016618
this!!!
>>
>>86016673
That's pretty good anon. So many things could've been better. How did the show get SO bad SO quickly. The past 2 episodes are the worst two of the entire series. Not looking good.
>>
Legimately unfunny garbage episode, show has jumped the shark, I've seen Family Guy episodes better than this.
>>
Rick and Morty has only had one bad episode.
Prove me wrong
>>
>>86016737
A more educated shitpost than most.
>>
>>86016737
DFW was the saviour of Western society. You just don't know it yet.
>>
>>86016728
That's also an example of how to do it creatively rather than a condescending counseling scene.
>>
The therapy scenes were unironically bad
nobody watches rick and morty for that type of thing
>>
I'm getting real tired of these long winded monologues that don't have jokes.
>>
>>86016728
Okay, fair. What I mean is I liked it when the show used to, you know, SHOW, not tell. Like in Season 1 episode 3 or 4 where they were trying to escape the simulation(s), and they started goofily playing with the crystal processors for a good 10 seconds out of nowhere. Or sleepy Gary dying and jerry being devastated. And it was funny at the same time.

And in total rickall, even the emotional stakes were funny. "If you see any zany or wacky characters pop up, they're a parasite! ... Thanks Mr. Poopybutthole, I always could count on you!"
>>
I've seen Cleveland show episodes better than what i just saw
>>
File: 1501543265776.png (373KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501543265776.png
373KB, 780x720px
>>86011884
It was alright desu
>>
File: image.png (463KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
463KB, 1024x768px
>>86016886
>I'm tired of getting redpilled
>>
I'm kind of glad the therapist ended up BTFOing rick

I'm sick of le logical science man is le above everything and everyone because scientific logic
>>
>>86012703
Pickle Rick was trash as well.
>>
Another episode with no jokes. What the FUCK is the writing teams problem?
>>
>>86016886
You sound a lot like Rick and Beth who were completely BTFO this episode
>>
>>86016728
>If Rick were just an omnipotent scientist who truly had no love for his family at all (as he often claims) then why would anybody have any reason to care about his adventures?

If you believe this you should not watch the show given that it's established he traded his real family for surrogates and considers them expendable.

It's also established multiple times Morty is a stooge and camouflage device, more than a person.

These things are deliberately inserted as counterpoints to the usual feel good narratives employed to tug at your heartstrings for insensitive jackass characters (ex. Homer, Peter Griffin). It's an Adam Sandler ploy as well, to fool you into caring and thinking the movie has a heart.

The fact that you would turn this, one of the clever moves in the show, around and assert the opposite as true, just shows they're right to aim square at the lowest common denominator for season 3.
>>
>>86016969
it's black humor you dip
>>
>>86016844
True, I can understand objecting to it. But one of Dan Harmon's trademarks has always been getting meta with the idea that his characters are on a TV show. Therapy scene was a very Harmon scene, where the characters just straight up had all their bullshit just calmly laid laid out to them and the humour/development comes from the reactions. Bojack is another show that does something like this.
>>
>>86016840
Explain
>>
>>86016949
>Durr forty seconds of some female self insert telling the audience what they already know about Rick or Beth is redpilled
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 498x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 498x640px
Is he gonna be ok, bros?
>>
The fact that social media is losing their minds over how much people liked his episode, gives me pause at how far normies will go to lie to themselves

People are saying this episode deserves and emmy.

>>86017004
>humor
>there's no jokes being told
makes me think
>>
>>86012703
Therapy and family drama has ALWAYS been the shittiest part of rick and morty.
>>
>>86016783
Lawnmower Dog
Anatomy Park
Raising Gazorpazorp
Something Ricked This Way Comes
Mortynight Run
Auto Erotic Assimilation
Get Schwifty
Big Trouble in Little Sanchez
Interdimensional Cable II
The Wedding Squanchers
Rickmancing the Stone
Pickle Rick
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>Durr
>>
>>86011884
how long before we get a video game of this episode
>>
>>86017085
>Lawnmower Dog
Stopped reading there. Fuck off.
>>
>>86017082
'Therapy sessions' in shows in general are ass. Just lazy attempts at exploring characters.
>>
File: sf.png (428KB, 877x491px) Image search: [Google]
sf.png
428KB, 877x491px
pickle rick the game
>>
>>86011884
Would be nice if they made Jaguar Rick's new friend like Birdperson or that cat (can't remember his name) was.
>>
>>86017001
You have some good points but I think you're ignoring the obvious work at developing this Rick C-137's character. We've seen him sacrifice his life for Morty and bond with Summer. He's clearly not the same man he was when he abandoned the Cronenberg world, which was very early in the shows run.

The writers do take pains to remind us that he is selfish, manipulative, and sometimes just cruel, petty, and greedy. E1 this season bright back cronenbergs to remind us of this, and E2 and E3 used his emotional manipulation of the Smiths as a major theme.
>>
can someone give me a meta explanation of why absolutely everyone is talking about this shit
>>
File: image.jpg (300KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300KB, 970x545px
>>86017104
>>
>>86017110
it was lazily written

there's a reason it was so early in the season
>>
>>86017174
Why is everyone still talking about BvS
it's that bad that people need to dissect it
>>
>>86017070
>People like something that I don't like
>"They're just lying to themselves, it's a fact that it sucks and that I'm right!"
Makes me pickle
>>
much enjoyed the action. was very satisfying
>>
>>86017025
Read Infinite Jest and DFW's essays.
>>
This show started as drunk improv jibberish and devolved into an amateur fat bitch diversity hire writing "therapy"
>>
>>86017174
adult swim shilled a lot of money out to market this episode
>>
>>86017266
Denial much?
>>
>>86017246
>>86017025
don't read infinite jest it's garbage

he has some good essays and articles though
>>
>>86017085
>Raising Gazorpazorp

That is a top tier episode you're trashing
>>
>>86017294
denial of what? this shit has been plastered all over the internet
>>
>>86017219
>deserves an emmy
It's not even the best episode that aired this season and that didn't deserve an emmy and if you believe it does then not even reddit deserves an underage like you
>>
>>86017338
>he hasn't been spamming pickle rick since may
o am laffin
>>
>>86017085
The only one you got correct was IC 2
>>
>>86017304
very unmemorable

2.5/5
>>
>>86017219
it was genuinely terrible, you're lying if you thought it was remotely good
>>
>>86017373
I'm here if you need to talk
>>
>>86017366
>>
Someone please explain this fucking meme. I don't get the big deal about a pickle. Do i need to watch the show to understand this meme or?
>>
File: image.png (504KB, 598x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
504KB, 598x447px
>>86017390
I'm pickle baaaaait
>>
File: 1400301732789.jpg (33KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1400301732789.jpg
33KB, 500x378px
I found the therapy scenes to be a bit dill, but the bizarre, creative, out of left field absurdism of the pickle shit is this show's bread and butter. ;^)
>>
>>86017174
Shills. This is an advertising website.
>>
>>86017430
they have been teasing this episode for over a year
>>
https://youtu.be/cQp45kpkknE
>>
File: 1492181563413.png (860KB, 1277x790px) Image search: [Google]
1492181563413.png
860KB, 1277x790px
>>86016242
>I thought the episode was shit due to the pickle rick retarded edgy violence ala late era family guy.
in the video released yesterday about the making of this episode, I love how the ''''''''ártists'''''''''''had to make the rats ugly, because ''killing cute rats is wrong, but killing ugly living being is okay''
>>
File: 1485767653583.png (93KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1485767653583.png
93KB, 630x630px
can we meme the death of pepe by pickle rick
>>
>>86017430
it's bait making fun of how shitty and "lol random xddd" Reddit & Morty is

also all shitposting is celebrating the awful quality of /tv/ by making it worse, if that makes sense.. meta shitposting
>>
What was the therapist's endgame?
>>
Reminder that the writer of Pickle Rick has written for the Annoying Orange

Pickle Rick is literally an Annoying Orange ripoff
>>
The consensus is in: this episode was totally EPIC!

https://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/6s3c8q/postepisode_discussion_s03e03_pickle_rick/
>>
>>86017511
One of the people who worked on Samurai Jack also wrote episodes for My Little Pony.
Does that make my little pony a samurai jack spinoff?
>>
>>86017508
>it's bait making fun of how shitty and "lol random xddd" Reddit & Morty is

Got it, thanks. So avoid this tv show? My brother likes it and he's a "xd random" kind of guy so it makes sense
>>
>>86011884
It was the worst episode, the parts with rick were okay but then half the episode is wasted with this fucking therapist running through obviously female-written jokes
>>
>>86012703
>>>/pol/
>>
The writing has picked up massively and gotten a lot more mature this season. I guess it took them a while to get into a groove.
>>
Pickle Rick is the funniest cartoon since RACIST MARIO, it was truly epic when he killed the rats and straight white males.
>>
>>86017445
ah yess m'sir

daniel harmon truly is a master of the absurd. not since the cabaret voltaire has irreverence been so thought provoking and intellectual

*tips head off fucking neck*
>>
>>86017577
>>>/co/mblr
>>
>>86017562
yes
>>
>>86017597
Kino
>>
>>86017500
nobody cares

also dubs
>>
>>86017586
I was making PICKLE PUNS, you fucking imbecile.
>>
Will Jerry suicide this season?
>>
>>86017581
b-but dude there were no funnay jokes
>>
>>86011884
Better than Mad Maxi pad.
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
>>86017641
sorry i've been turbo shitposting for like 2 hours now
>>
File: 01110011 01100001 01100100.jpg (112KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
01110011 01100001 01100100.jpg
112KB, 720x480px
>>86011884

The problem with this episode that it had very few funny bits, relying on mindless action as filler between scenes of Beth talking to her therapist.

The show forgot its titular characters Rick AND MORTY. Morty did nothing this episode, even when it had a chance when they asked him how he felt, it was a chance for morty to snap at his mother or say anything, all that happened was that he peed himself.

Feels like the writer idolizes Rick just like Beth and felt the need to self-insert herself into the story to one-up him for personal points while forgetting the whole point of the series, space adventures with rick and morty.

They didnt even use the portal gun once this episode, there were no zany space things, "i turned myself into a pickle" grew old fast.

Things they could have done better:
-Cut the therapist subplot and have the whole story be from Ricks PoV and the climax is that he walks into the therapists office after fighting giant monsters all episode from a pickle perspective the therapist tries to shame him and hes like "fuck you, im a pickle" freeze frame with "Pickle Rick" logo similar to Jaguars.

-Give Morty or even Summer more to do.
Have Morty and Summer start talking about the different things theyve been through while following Rick. Morty getting raped, Summer seeing people killed for her by the car and living in post-apocalyptia. Instead they focused on the worst character (most boring) Beth.

-Have the dad bring them to the therapist instead of the mom, the dad is by far the more entertaining character.

-Writer forgot what a horrible person Beth is with her alcoholism and blaming her kids for her life choices. So we end up with the victim "beth" being comforted by asian self-insert who uses her to one-up Rick.
Weaker episode definitely.
>>
>>86017683
i know this is satire but please kys for typing that
>>
>>86017665
Admit it, you laughed at the poop jokes
>>
>>86017733
it's pasta you nigger
>>
You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
>>86017658
>You think you're the master of the world but here you are covered in shit
Yeah it was alright
>>
File: file.png (119KB, 687x438px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
119KB, 687x438px
was this episode shit?
>>
It's weird to me how the fanbase at large latches onto the stupidest stuff. Rick's nonsensical, by his own admittance, phrases he says like only once before finding a new one get parroted endlessly on tacky graphic tees and such. The "Get Schwifty" episode was fucking garbage and the song was annoying, but it became a huge meme. Tiny Rick was Pickle Rick v0.5 and only caught on for a little bit. Szechuan sauce was such an obvious bait for a dumb meme for the audience, and they took it hook, line, and sinker.

Pickle Rick is the same shit. I'm sure I'll have to listen to this garbage for the next week or so from my co-workers.
>>
>>86017860
Was it shit?
>>
>>86017779
>Here's (you)
Kys
>>
>>86017860
yes
>>
File: difficult joke.jpg (107KB, 661x633px) Image search: [Google]
difficult joke.jpg
107KB, 661x633px
>ITT
>>
>>86017860
PICKLE ROCKERS IN THE HOUUSSSE
PICKLE RICK
PICKLE RICK
PICKLE RICK
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 600x449px
>>86017911
>911
>>
Where is the full version of pickle rickers in the house?
>>
This is the first episode I've seen and I've got to say I can't find the appeal. It was like watching a Family Guy episode, is this supposed to be funny? Because it wasn't. If I were to describe it in one word I'd call it "edgy". Someone explain the hype surrounding this because I just don't get it.
>>
File: litmus test.png (1MB, 1232x733px) Image search: [Google]
litmus test.png
1MB, 1232x733px
>>
File: 1465614238257.jpg (30KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
1465614238257.jpg
30KB, 346x346px
Why can't you motherfuckers just enjoy shit genuinely and honestly? Watch it. If you like it, stop watching it. If you like it, keep watching it. Why does anything else matter?
>>
File: 1502080903322.gif (393KB, 1000x548px) Image search: [Google]
1502080903322.gif
393KB, 1000x548px
The mod keeps deleting any picklekino threads except this one.

What's his end game?
>>
>>86017989

Why cant the write just not self-insert herself and just write a good rick AND MORTY script?
>>
i hope they make a sequel to this episode. fucking love this meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROm4wZBpbro&feature=player_embedded
>>
>>86018017
he wants us all to know that we're a bunch of virgins and he's a gorilla dick pussy god
>>
>>86017860
rolling
>>
>>86018025
What was missing from this episode that other episodes had
>>
thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO72Lg7OZ6U
WE DID IT REDDIT!
>>
>>86018025
Do you enjoy anything? Because most artists/creators insert some part of themselves into their work. Is it just because she's a woman?
>>86017989
Also meant if you DON'T like it, stop watching it
>>
>>86018095
A male writer
>>
>>86018100
kys for making this and/or posting it
>>
>>86018095
competent writers
like men
>>
>>86015965
>8-9/10

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
This show went from pretty funny to literally garbage real quick.
>>
>>86018095

look

>>86017732
>>
Have you considered that it wasn't funny because they weren't trying to be funny?
>>
>>86017732
I didn't even fucking realize that the therapist was supposed to be the writer trying to out-wit Rick

Holy fuck I'm mad now
>>
>>86018234
You are a sheep and I hope you get bullied at your highschool
>>
>>86018234
>dr wong
>female gook writer
it was pretty obvious
>>
>>86015965
I'd say it's not their best work. Not their worst work either. This episode was far better than the last one, but it's definitely not a 8/10.
I'm giving it a 5.5-6/10
>>
>>86018095

This wasnt a Rick and Morty episode.
Or even a Rick and Summer, Rick and Jerry or Beth episode.

It was a Rick and Asian Write Self-Insert episode

We lost a chance to have a fun episode because the writer wished to spend an entire episode to one-up Rick and tell him how she FEELS about him.

"You think youre so great, yet here you sit covered in shit, vegetating."

Also it made Rick look stupid.
Ricks plan to de-pickle was foiled by MORTY
Instead of going home to make more de-pickle serum he goes to the therapist. Why? Because asian writer lady is there.
>>
File: comedy.png (455KB, 650x399px) Image search: [Google]
comedy.png
455KB, 650x399px
>>86018204
Oh, fuck
Comedy's aren't supposed to be funny
How fucking stupid am I for expecting comedy from a comedy show
Damn Lebbit you really made me think
>>
File: 1501980093650.jpg (233KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501980093650.jpg
233KB, 768x1024px
So is this meme ironic or post-ironic?
>>
>>86018204
Why would an adult swim comedy show try not to be funny?
>>
Does anyone have a download link?
>>
>>86011884
>lmao im a pickle xD
christ, is this supposed to be funny?
>>
>>86017860
Was this episode kino?
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 569x802px
You guys just hate...everything, huh?
>>
The fact of the matter is, if the therapist was a man, you guys would have nothing to discuss. Have a good night

.>>86018324
>he hasn't seen Moral Orel
Sad
>>
>>86018324
Because every other adult swim comedy show succeeds at not being funny
>>
>>86018323
It's proto-ironic
>>
>>86018323
post-post-ironic
>>
>>86018323
nu-irony
>>
File: 1500850958596.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500850958596.png
249KB, 248x459px
i thought the whole thematic and energy level dichotomy between rick literally turning into a living pickle and fashioning body parts out of rats and roaches and weapons out of trash and beth, summer, and morty sitting in a quiet office was just another rick'n'morty-esque jab at absurdism and a take (though not the most obvious or even really decent take) on nihilism, beth and her kids are struggling with divorce and dysfunction as a family unit and the lack of stability with rick around and they're all trying to deal with it and the show is trying to paint it in at least some sort of serious light and in between this we have a walking, talking pickle man performing action stunts out of some shitty steven seagal movie; consequences and choices and everything is bullshit and you might as well bask in insanity, yada yada

at least that's what i got from it
>>
File: ey.jpg (3KB, 99x94px) Image search: [Google]
ey.jpg
3KB, 99x94px
>episode is objectively shit
>/tv/ loves it

God I fucking love you guys
>>
>>86018350
NOT PICKLE RICK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFeJU2fIKlY
>>
>>86018306
fucking this
>>
>>86017860
is cam gonna get a gf????
>>
rick

a genius scientist

who turns himself into a pickle

makes the mistake of leaving the syringe out in the open for everyone to see

because he is a genius
>>
finally caught the firs half of the ep

it was actually working very well until the russian bad guy action movie bullshit

this show falls flat on its fucking face whenever it brings in pop culture references like this or mad max or whatnot which is a shame because it has its moments
>>
>>86018350
Where;s pickle CIA and Bane?
>>
>>86015893
This desu.
>>
>>86018323
semen demon, yadda yadda yadda, you know the deal just give me the sauce
>>
>>86015893
It's one long non-sequitir -- there is no rhyme or reason to it. The writer just took a squat over his/her keyboard and fudged out a steamer.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 604x603px
>>86018323
Sauceage
>>
>>86015893
they've been shitting on rick since season one that's like the point of the entire show
>>
Remember tiny rick episode when ricks brain was having problems being in a tiny body or some shit. I guess the women writers forgot about that one.
>>
>/tv/ calls Rick and Morty SJW
>It makes a 9/11 joke in the first minute
>>
>>86018465
Thats the basis of the show, the entire concept is classic sci fi tropes and movies. The most basic being back to the future
>>
round two pickle action ye
>>
>>86018522
>>86018574
I wish I knew desu.
>>
>>86018589
that's pretty normie now anon
>>
>>86018585
He was in the body of a teen clone of himself and the teen brain was taking over, very different from turning himself into a pickle
>>
I don't really like rick and morty but I thought this episode was great desu senpai.
>>
>>86018379
the only thing that would have saved therapist part would be therapist actually being a rapist.
>>
>>86018604
yeah exactly which is a shame because it could have more going for it if they just dropped the bullshit
>>
>>86018461
Fucking this. I thought first he meant to leave it out on purpose for them to see it or something and have a backup plan, but no, just more shitty writing.
>>
File: holy shit nadeko.jpg (66KB, 350x760px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit nadeko.jpg
66KB, 350x760px
>>86018306
I would say it was a Rick and Beth episode.

>Also it made Rick look stupid.
That's kind of the point. It wasn't saying that Rick was stupid specifically, but he was using his intelligence to run away from and suppress his emotional problems. He literally does this by turning himself into a pickle. Remember Rick is depressed and at one point even tried to kill himself on screen. He clutches on to the meaningless of the world as his own meaning, and it just results in a sad old man.

>the writer wished to spend an entire episode to one-up Rick and tell him how she FEELS about him.
>"You think youre so great, yet here you sit covered in shit, vegetating."
That's now just how she feels, that's how it is. The entire sequence of Rick escaping the facility to go to Beth like a badass juxtaposed to the therapist telling him like it is made this painfully obvious. The smartest man in the universe is bogged down by fucking family problems. Don't you see the irony?

>Instead of going home to make more de-pickle serum he goes to the therapist. Why?
Maybe it's really hard to make, and Beth already had some so it was easiest to just go to her. Who cares, this wasn't the point.
>>
>>86018379
lol rick and morty is not moral orel

moral orel was a carefully written and considered show

rick and morty is a half assed pop culture shitfest
>>
>>86015450
you're fucking retarded, learn to read.
>>
>>86018461
Woah dude you found the joke
>>
>>86018572
You're a hypocrite, every piece of media has an agenda in some way
>>
>dude I'm SUPER SMART SCIENTIST LMOA
>puts himself in an immobile vulnerable body to get out of a 1 hour therapy session instead of saying "I'm not going to therapy"
>>
>>86018461
Beth is such a pushover he probably didn't see the point in hiding it, same for Morty, and Summer exalts the ground rick stands on, so she'd probably just praise him and move on
>>
File: 500x500.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
500x500.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>86018687
>unironically analyzing a rick and morty episode this deeply
>>
File: rock.gif (3MB, 294x222px) Image search: [Google]
rock.gif
3MB, 294x222px
>>86018728
I didn't analyze shit, the episode literally TOLD you
>>
>DUDE SCIENCE LMAO
>kills 3 people with the energy generated by 1 AA battery
>>
Why is this on /tv/ instead of /co/?
>>
>>86018708
>>86018461
>um this show isn't FUNNY
>meanwhile the most basic jokes fly right over your fucking heads
>>
>>86018784
Fuck you John, stupid, idiot
White guilt, milk toast, piece of human garbage
>>
File: prick.png (70KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
prick.png
70KB, 480x480px
>smartest man in the universe is speechless after being put in his place by the female writer's self-insert's *emotional intelligence*

BRAVO HARMON ANOTHER MASTERPIECE HAHA I'M PICKLE RIIIIICK!
>>
>>86018777
"Show, don't tell."
>>
File: FUCKING STACEY.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING STACEY.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>86018790
IT'S WRITTEN BY A WOMAN REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86018779
That really bothered me.
Usually his science shit at least has some kind of otherworldly power source like a crystal or something, to offer reasonable suspension of disbelief.
They could have at least had him make a sensible weapon like a taser or something, not a fucking laser cannon.
>>
What happened to the scene where Beth couldn't find her dildo?
>>
>>86018815
It's spelled "milquetoast."
>>
>>86018832
untalented woman*
>>
File: 1480299348282.png (19KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1480299348282.png
19KB, 500x323px
>>86018838
>Complaining about suspension of disbelief in Rick and Morty
Nigger are you fucking serious
>>
>>86018790
>something stupid and unfunny happens
>ITS A JOOOEEEK
>>
>>86018855
I don't give a FUCK
I'm GazorpazorpFUCKINGfield
>>
File: ponyricker.png (161KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
ponyricker.png
161KB, 780x439px
>>86011884>>86011911
>>86012703
>>86015056
>>86015088
>>86015124
>>86015129
>>86015176
>>86015214
>>86015274

PONY RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
>>
Watching it now.

>Goddamn I love myself.

No man has ever said that. That's something a woman thinks a man says to himself. Now in between the actual show there's a reading of the female writer's therapy session word for word. Fucking christ women ruin everything.
>>
File: 1466567988251.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466567988251.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
>>86018860
Thanks for proving my point again. Here's a (You)
>>
Came to the board tonight for the autistic whining
Not disappointed well done lads best whining in a while A+
>>
>>86017562
The storyboard editor of Steven Universe draws bear bear buttfucking comic strips with little pink hearts as glans of the penis. Does that make the makers and adult viewers of Steven Universe totally weird perverts? Yes.
>>
>>86018901
IM PICKLE PINKIEEEE
>>
File: 1470951933141.gif (2MB, 255x234px) Image search: [Google]
1470951933141.gif
2MB, 255x234px
>>86018830
Even after the show literally spelled it out for you autists still didn't get it
>>
>>86017860
yes
>>
>>86018904
Yeah, even though I liked the episode this bothered me.
Mostly because they make it a point in every episode that Rick hates himself
>>
>>86018379
The problem with the therapist wasn't the gender and you know it.
>>
>>86018908
what point? that she's a bad writer? because I didn't know who wrote it until after i saw the credits at the end
I don't give a fuck if they have women writers or not. I give a fuck if they're funny and she wasn't
>>
if the episode was literally all about pickle rick action, it'd be nominated for an emmy
>>
>>86018379
Imagine you were watching game of thrones and in one episode two characters named David & David were introduced, they went to talk to Joffrey, gave him a stern talking to about how cruel he was acting, and his reaction was to say hmm I guess you're right I should change.

Having a self-insert defeat a main character is always stupid.
>>
>>86018909
wow bro you're so much more superior to the people criticizing the episode just because you came to watch them do it.
>>
>>86018879
There's a difference between "I did science stuff and built something impossible using fictional items whose properties aren't fully known" and "I did science stuff and made a laser cannon using nothing more than office supplies and a single AA battery."

One of them is shitty writing. "Dude it's fiction LMAO" is not a good reason to include nonsensical elements like rocket ships built from cheese, especially if there's no precedent for that kind of thing set by the show.
>>
>racist name by the way
>>
>>86018340
mega:#!86QxkYSK!tjwgcbzS7EvyN25Akj-HXsdxnRBL21ocSdbsBKMrA8k
>>
this was by far the worst episode so far. There was no tension in any of it, ironic as I suspect the whole reason they did the pickle thing was to try and add tension by taking away the portal gun. The therapy took the worst bits of a Beth / Jerry plot and took out the pretence of interest. Even the titanic bit was better than this.
removing jerry was the biggest mistake as it there is now no likeable dufus to soften the cuntishnes of every one else.
>>
>>86018954
>thinks bland therapy talk and exposition is compelling storytelling
>calls other people autists

K
>>
File: Beerus.png (445KB, 1024x1738px) Image search: [Google]
Beerus.png
445KB, 1024x1738px
>>86018990
>Having a self-insert defeat a main character is always stupid.

Yeah it's ruined dbz.
>>
>>86019037
my man, you have autism
>>
I liked the Pickle Rick segments up until he got the rat suit.
After that, it never felt like he was ever in any real danger.
>>
>>86019037
>no precedent for that kind of thing set by the show.
his ship is made from rubbish and uses bins for thursters
>>
>>86019092
>run out of arguments
>"I know, I'll call him on autist!"
back to /co/ retard.
>>
>>86019037
So anything is ok if they just say "dude it's science lmao"? What the fuck are you talking about?
within the SAME EPISODE Rick has
>Turned himself into a pickle
>precisely controlled a cockroach by pressing on its brain
>made a powerful exoskeleton with a jetpack out of cockroach and rat parts as a pickle
Then you're going to complain about a fucking laser gun? Get over yourself.
>>
Ok... so its pretty much confirmed now that the rumors of a falling out between Dan and Justin over creative differences were legit right?? I mean, the show has clearly taken a giant step back from being an animated masterpiece to now just being a generic wacky adult cartoon.

Rumors were that season 3 wasn't going to happen because of it... do you think season 4 now isn't going to happen if they keep getting negative reception?
>>
So the guy in the next episode rapes children.
>>
>>86018888
far out damage control, my dude
>>
>>86019156
and the worst thing is it looks like dan won
>>
>>86019168
Wtf, I love Rick and Morty now
>>
>>86011884
It was way worse than the previous episode
In fact other than the hamfisted insulting of the dad last episode was ok
This episode was straight garbage
>>
>>86019086
Beerus is a great character though. He isn't a self insert either.
>>
>>86019168
i'm glad they're going back to their doc and mharti roots tbqh'senpai
>>
>>86019092
>Calls anon autistic for making a solid point
i honestly can't tell if we a being raided by reddit tonight or not
>>
>>86019139
His ship is shown to be made with futuristic/otherworldly components in the interior. The exterior is garbage, but its functionality as a ship is justified by the show's in-universe logic, since he had both the means and the opportunity to outfit the garbage ship with unobtainium from any number of planets and dimensions.

In this episode, literally all he has is what was in that office. Him being able to pull a laser that powerful out of the energy of a single AA battery is not at all consistent with the show's internal logic. That cannon might as well have shot locusts made of electricity for all the sense it made.
>>
>>86019249
I agree that the last episode was better than this one, but to be fair Jerry has always been the punching bag of the show.
>>
>>86019283
There is no Reddit Anon, gonna rip that band aid off now
>>
Just a reminder that it's okay to like Rick & Morty as long as you don't join the sheeple bandwagon who believes watching this series and repeating whatever is said from a character means they're smart.
>>
File: C6Kz4s6U4AA-0KG.jpg (37KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
C6Kz4s6U4AA-0KG.jpg
37KB, 665x574px
>>86019079
>This episode didn't have a point!
>Yeah it did
>O-oh yeah I totally got it, wow that was a really boring and obvious way of getting the point across!
>>
They certainly are upping the graphic violence.
>>
>>86019283
it's not a solid point you fucking mongrel

see
>>86019153

you mouthbreathers are unreal
>>
>>86019086
Beerus is the only good thing to come out of super.
>>
Last episode had jokes and an absurdist take on Mad Max

This one had no jokes
Nothing interesting either

Why did they make this episode
>>
>>86019153
>So anything is ok if they just say "dude it's science lmao"?
That's the opposite of what I'm saying.
My point is that his science antics are only acceptable when performed with the unrealistic-but-internally-consistent technology to justify it, like the pickling, or have some sort of realistic basis, like the brain manipulation. The laser was neither. Nor was the jetpack, but it was only used once and was not so egregious.
>>
>>86018379
Moral Orel development into drama was impactful, Rick and Morty doesn't hold a candle to it in that regard.
>>
PICK PICK PICK PICKLE RICKEN STYLE
PICK PICK PICK
>>
Reminder that if you don't like Rick and Morty, you're Reddit.
Right? Because saying Reddit is the ultimate insult to an Anon.
>>
>>86019251
>so my character, he wakes up and he's like "super saiyan god, i must find super saiyan god" and so he goes with his magic butler and they find goku and they fight and my character is stronger so he wins but goku is become friends with him and they go on adventures together and they train and he makes goku and vegeta super saiyan with BLUE HAIR!

It's fanfiction tier. has all the hallmarks.
>>
>>86019340
Nobody cares about the "point" if the story is not executed well.
>>
>>86019385
>"I did science stuff and built something impossible using fictional items whose properties aren't fully known"
>It's just science lol
>>
File: Shitpickle.jpg (6KB, 139x399px) Image search: [Google]
Shitpickle.jpg
6KB, 139x399px
Should Mike sue?
>>
>>86019411

So hes Piccolo?
>>
>>86011884
why is the mother an insane bitch?
>>
>>86017085
>Something Ricked This Way Comes
idiot
>>
>I idolize my scientist grandfather and want to do cool stuff like him
>DUDE ENAMEL LMAO
>>
After seeing how many jimmies pickle rick has rustled, I unironically think it's the best episode of the entire series.
>>
>>86019453
which one?
>>
That episode was trash.

Can someone actually provide insight on what happened to this show? I remember reading something about unionizing writers, Dan firing them, and going with a bunch of diversity hires to pander to SJWs. I know about the addition of all these extra female writers, but fucking why?
>>
>>86019458
Beth has deep emotional issues
>>
>>86019458
written by real women.
>>
>>86018991
I am superior to them actually. And to you. Mad?
>>
>>86019460
>muh favorite episode is shit

sucks, dude. i'm sorry
>>
>>86019357
>Why did they make this episode
First, to create a strong marketing meme that can be shilled easily. Pickle Rick is shitposted everywhere, even by the mods. It's not even hard to get into. Dan is known to post here too.
The second purpose seems to be the writer trying to explain Rick to the parts of the audience that don't understand his characters, or at least to give her 2 cents on him.
>>
Get schwifty > Pickle Rick

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>86015743
Serialization fucking ruins these type of shows, just look at what happened to South Park
>>
>>86019464
But Morty hates Rick
>>
>>86019425
to be fair this is pretty much the first time something like this happens
he always had futuristic shit at disposal and when he didn't, in the microverse episode, he spent months to build a mech that broke in five seconds
>>
>>86019474

Beerus basically sounds like Piccolo.
>Literally the devil
>Goku we must is fight!
>Piccolo wins first fight
>Must become stronger i must!
>Goku trains and becomes stronger and defeats Piccolo
>Piccolo is friends now with Goku and they make fight against evil together
>Piccolo now trains Gohan and he becomes super saiyan for like a second.
>>
>>86019476
dan harmon has really awful comedic instincts and drowned justin's baby in his bullshit
>>
>>86019411
That doesn't tell you anything about the character tho. Yeah the plot is kind of bad (not for your shitty paraphrasing ) but Beerus character is entertaining and developed much better than almost any other character in the show.
>>
>>86019536
SHIT ON THE FLOOR
>>
>>86019551
That's not the same piccolo. did you even read dragonball?
>>
>>86019536
Shit on the toilet seat > Shit in the bed
prove me wrong
>>
>>86019320
i like the show, i've only seen a few episodes, honestly. some of the people that take it way too seriously kinda ruin it for me
all the conspiracy videos and stuff like that, idk, its annoying and cringe. people try to take way to much from a cartoon
>>
>>86019530
>Dan is known to post here too.
tell him to fire the cunts
>>
>>86019547
How do you justify the portal gun
What science do you think it uses?
It's just fucking magic
>>
>>86019449
yes
>>
>>86019553
Was Dan there from the start?
>>
Anyone who watched this show needs to go to /r/rickandmorty and stay there.
>>
>>86019476
You're adding too many steps.

Dan Harmon is an SJW cultist. He decided to hire more women because MUH DIVERSITY. The women writers want to focus on character drama and emotions.

It isn't even the women's fault the show went to shit, they're just writing what they like. It's Dan's fault for hiring them.
>>
>>86019571
He eats.
He destroys.

That's his character. It's more 2d than sigourney weaver's chest. Every one of the other 11 gods is just as dimensionally impaired.
>>
>>86019597
Don't engage someone who thinks science fiction is prophecy.

You cannot shake their faith.
>>
>>86019494
I love that in my absurdist sci-fi comedy show
>>
>>86019425
The key portion of that statement is "fictional items whose properties aren't fully known"
It's fine when Rick pulls some purple crystal out of his coat and puts it into a gun and that makes it fire lasers, because the audience doesn't know in-universe what that crystal does. It's a fictional element, the writers can make it do whatever they want, especially since they've established that near-infinite universes with different laws of physics out of which Rick can pull varieties of unobtainum exist within the show.
>>
Anyone who has posted on 4chan needs to go to /r/4chan and stay there.
>>
>>86019610

>>86018832
>>
>>86019612
Sounds more like rick than beerus
>>
>>86019612
So he's Goku?
>>
>>86019449
He should slap them across the face with his 12 inch cock and call it even
>>
>>86019597
no shit but he didn't build it with office supplies that you know don't have that kind of potential in 15 minutes
>>
>>86019597
>What science do you think it uses?
Science involving materials taken from various alien sources, for which the viewers have no frame of reference, and so of which the viewers cannot speculate the effects.
It's not like he built his portal gun out of stuff he bought at Walmart.
>>
>>86019690
goku is also retarded.

beerus is just a mary sue self insert that you'd find on fanfiction.net.
>>
>>86019578

Hes Piccolos "son" but the idea in the story before Namek was introduced was that this was a form of rebirth. And he acted pretty much the same.
>>
>>86019690
Goku just wants to fight strong guys
Beerus judges planets based on the quality of their food and destroys them if they don't satisfy him. He's quick to anger too.
>>
>>86019551
Wtf this doesn't happen at all.
>>
>>86019722
Again, do not engage this person, he genuinely believes that all of sci-fi will be real someday.
>>
>>86019610
Guess it was doomed from the start then.
>>
>>86019037
He was literally going around in a futuristic cyber-suit made out of dead rats.
>>
we dragon ball now
>>
>>86019656
I'm not REEEEEing though. I'm not mad at the women. Dames like seeing people cry and yell at each other. It's just part of being female.

It's that fat fuck Dan Harmon's fault for making the writing staff half women for no other reason than to feel good about himself. He completely changed the tone and feeling of the show for the worse just so he could feel smug in interviews about being woke.
>>
>>86019764
It was rat muscles attached to rat bones, being controlled by electrical impulses.
There was nothing futuristic or cyber about it.
>>
File: daimao.jpg (339KB, 1727x1078px) Image search: [Google]
daimao.jpg
339KB, 1727x1078px
>>86019738
Completely wrong. Read the manga sometime.
>>
>>86019759
I'm not saying that the gadgets Rick makes are possible, I'm saying that they are not usually, to the viewer, blatantly impossible.
>>
>>86019037
But that's been the show from the beginning. Hell, that's a staple of Mad Scientist stories in general. In really fast, loose science fiction science is just magic.
>>
>>86019086
He is a fucking godamm god
Sorry if you self insert as Goku , but Beerus basically acts like a FUCKING GOD
You want a self insert? Try Caulifa , even Cabbe and Kale needed a reason to go SSJ
>>
>>86019547
Here's your explanation: He's not a static character. After the mech failure, he later went and devised more efficient methods to make shit with less parts. He discovered new tech and ways to harness energy sources. Is your autism satisfied?
>>
>>86019086
Beerus is my hubby
>>
>>86019862
pretty common in cartoons. impossible shit happening cause you know its a cartoon
>>
>>86019862
Nothing is impossible to the average viewer who doesn't even know how their wifi works.

>>86019872
>being this reddit
>>
>>86019896
Cartoons in general yes, but each cartoon has its own level of internal consistency and logic. An event that takes place in Looney Tunes would look jarring in Batman because they have different standards for in-universe logic.
>>
>trying to make a therapist look smart
lmao probably written by a psych major
>>
File: HARDAC.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HARDAC.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>86019931
To a degree. in the animated series batman should have died several times over.

But then there's that theory that bruce got replaced with a robot in that one episode and the real one was killed.
>>
>>86019901
>WAAAH why Goku muh self insert didn't beat the meany cat!!
>>
>>86019893
I just said this is the first time it happens, not that it can't be explained randomly
>>
>>86019972
had almost the exact same thing written up
bit rude to post before me
>>
>>86019982
liberalism is a mental disease. Here is one of the symptoms.
>>
>>86019738
He did not act like him at all, it was implied Piccolo is not as evil as Piccolo Daimao, did you not see when he saved the little kid in Dragon Ball?

>>86019728
Beerus gets shit all the time by the other characters, he's not as intimidating anymore. Maybe at first but now Beerus is soon to become the new Ten Shin Han/Piccolo/Vegeta.

>>86019748
He hadn't destroyed any planet as of late, Whis even mentions Goku and the others changed him.
You are forgeting Beerus also wants to fight strong guys, that's the main reason he trains Goku, to get a challenge.
>>
>>86019868
>But that's been the show from the beginning.
I feel like my post has been misinterpreted.
I'm complaining about him making an unrealistic weapon from completely realistic and average components, which Rick rarely if ever does.
I have no problem with him making unrealistic stuff if he incorporates fictional and unrealistic components into it to justify its capabilities, which he frequently does.
>>
>/tv/ shits on Rick for being a nihilistic pseudo-intellectual sterotype
>episode finally calls him out on how psuedo-intellectual he is
>/tv/ gets mad at this

But why?
>>
>>86019862
your argument still ignores that he was fucking controlling fucking dead limbs of insects and rodents through equally bullshit logic as the laser

just admit that your autism is causing you to obsess over something petty. trying to rationalize your autism like this will only dig you in deeper
>>
>>86020027
I actually liked the episode. I just think the show's getting worse.
>>
>>86020027
>/tv/ is one person
Why do you people think this?
>>
>>86020086

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>86015214
You should actually consider suicide.
>>
>>86015274
>totallynotmarketing.jpg
>>
>>86019086
>Goku should be stronger than everyone so he has no goals to strive towards
>>
>>86020054
Dead limb movement via reflex/stimulation is a thing, though. Whatever exaggeration was placed on it for story purposes is not nearly as bad as exaggerating a battery into having the ability to melt through walls.
>>
>>86012703
This
>>
>>86020159
No they should have not brought the show back.

It's been shit since vegeta got away the first time.
>>
>>86019989
Yeah I guess. The one where he ruined the universe with the Cronenberg monsters showed he was pretty inept, and that was an early episode. And now in season 3, he breaks out of the most secure prison in the universe, destroys the council of Ricks (all of who are supposedly as smart as him and should have been able to stop him), and now he's making death lasers out of AAA batteries. Maybe they're trying to show that this one Rick is exponentially becoming more intelligent as time goes on, even beyond all infinite versions of himself.

Its more likely that its just a fucking cartoon though.
>>
>>86020160
I gave you the perfect out my man. You just had to keep going at it

They are equivalently exaggerated. Your brand of autism happens to be fixated on laser technology and not biological functions
>>
>>86020231
They aren't though
>>
>>86020231
They really aren't.
>>
>>86020160
Why not? It's exactly the same fucking thing, an exaggeration. How can Rick even turn himself into a pickle? It doesn't have organs nor blood.
>>
>>86017499
t. Upset ugly manbaby
>>
>>86020284
go rip off a mouse's scalp and see if you can get it to make one significant motion by poking at it with a needle or some shit

come back if you have any interesting results
>>
>>86020327
>How can Rick even turn himself into a pickle?
That's justified by way of him having access to fictional otherworldly/otherdimensional technology.
>>
File: 1502066973584.png (479KB, 778x736px) Image search: [Google]
1502066973584.png
479KB, 778x736px
this was better than i ever could have expected
>a certain adult swim animated show that featured its main transformed into a pickle literally btfo /tv/ fags
absolutely beautiful
>>
>>86020231
An equivalent exaggeration would be rat-Rick becoming Ant Man and gaining the ability to punch holes in people from his rat muscles.
>>
>>86020413
No it wouldn't you absolute fucking cunt. Nervous systems are wildly complex. Manually controlling an arm to do SPECIFIC ACTIONS by directly prodding a brain would be literal fucking nonsense magic. Just like powering a destructive laser with a AA

You people are fucking retarded. I'm done
>>
>>86020520
Don't worry my dudie, I'm with you, these people have autism and you are absolutely correct.
>>
I
didn't
laugh

even the last episode I got a few chuckles out of it wtf
>>
>>86020016
they broke their scifi consistency
>>
>>86020360
btfo
>>
>>86017085

i never rewatch raising gazorpazorp. i have no idea why people like it
>>
>>86011884
This episode sums up why I don't like the show. There's a potentially compelling between the characters, and the showrunners go out of their way to have their mouthpiece rub it in your face that they're never gonna do anything with it.

Every fucking time something that might seem like actual character development or meaningful conflict happens, one of three things happens:

1. Beth spazzes out to maintain the status quo.

2. Rick effortlessly solves the immediate problem

3. (Side character) or Rick either does a dumb cliche, or flat out says the obvious and is then ignored

You're not clever if you write an ironic observation and then go "YEAAAAH IRONIC OBSERVATION WOO WOO". Beth having psychological isues would be done better she ever had to actually face them, and Rick would be less grating if he didn't explain the joke as if that was supposed to be the joke.

But that's the whole premise of the show.

>>86015618
The deep lore of Rick and Morty is literally that there is no deep lore, and there is no point to anything. Everyone outside of the Sanchez family is a useless caricature that exists to revolve around their own failings.

It's the cartoon version of eating potato chips. Once the novelty wears off, you're left with a bad aftertaste of wasted potential.

>>86015965
Sort of this.

The show consistently peaks at a 5 at best for me because of how repulsive the execution is, but I do appreciate they seem to be at least playing at showing how dysfunctional these fucks are.

I doubt they have the balls to commit, though. Not when Rick just memed away both world-changing problems in the show with no lasting consequences.

The ultimate conclusion of the show's nothing matters philosophy, is that it's not worth thinking too deeply about.
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.