[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what was the consensus on this ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12

File: r177.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
r177.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
So what was the consensus on this ?
>>
>>86011423
Really good.
>>
>>86011423
TWINK KINO
>>
File: george.png (332KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
george.png
332KB, 400x356px
I'll be useless sir
>>
A celebration of british cowardice
>>
>>86011519
what was the fucking point of george
>>
>>86011519
Is he okay?
>>
it's ok
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
it was PICKLE KINO
EVERYBODY BE USEFUL TONIGHT
>>
>>86011613
It's a war movie. Somebody has to die.
>>
Good movie. Was actually about war and not some guy who charges into war with his Bible high and miraculously saves 6 gorillion soldiers in slow motion to the tune of Amazing Grace
>>
>>86012237

Fuck you Hacksaw Ridge was both kino and true you faggot atheist.

Also, Dunkirk was 10/10 Nolan kino OP.
>>
Really good movie.
>>
>>86011423
french, jews, numales, sjw's and nolan shitposters HATE it
>>
>>86012237
t. definitely not a hollyjew shill
>>
>>86012418
Click here to find out why
>>
>>86012418

I don't get where people got that it shit on the French, I mean there was that one character but he was pretty sympathetic and pretty much all the British characters were just as desperate to get away. Other than that you see the French troops holding the line, which had to suck, and the fact that they made it clear the French left after the Brits.
>>
Simultaneously bland and vapid. Pretty miraculous.
>>
Dungcuck...
The epic story about how hitler let 400000 amerifats go even though he could easily have rekt them.
>>
>>86012835
>amerifats
they was British an shit
>>
>>86011423
It sucked.
What really pissed me off was the death of that kid in the boat and the fact that everyone was a hero without doing shit.

The score was OK but I've seen better uses.

The structure didn't add anything. If it was linear you would've had the same result.

The direction is fine.
>>
>>86011700
remember to report him
>>
>>86013593
PICKLE RICK STILL IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
REPORTING DIDN'T WORK THE LAST 200 TIME
>>
>>86013110
I expected a lot more from the directing really.
Nolan was clearly trying to turn this into some kind of Oscarbait but there was nothing that would "WOW" The Academy in that department.
>>
>>86012730
>French left after the Brits
They didn't. They had to surrender soon after because of that.
>>
>>86012237

do you hate actually aweinspiring stories or something?

nobody wants to see a bunch of british cucks lining up on the beach for 2 hours
>>
>>86011423
>this is what 400,000 people look like
bravo, Nolan
>>
it was pretty good but such an ugly movie on the whole, a cut every 3 seconds everything shaky medium-close handheld and the whole george part was retarded
>>
it was exactly like the actual evacuation of dunkirk. utterly retarded, mindless, and pointless. hitler should have killed them all and won the war right there. movie also never touched on that fact and just had pointless shots of jets and boats and water that all led to fucking nothing. 2 hours of watching paint dry on a really tall fucking screen.
>>
>>86011789
But the French guy died. I know by his nature he's no someone you should root for, let alone empathize with, but he was a named "human" character that died.
>>
if it were directed by PTA it would have been KINO
>>
i also wanted to punch every single person in the fucking face in the movie except for kenneth branagh. especially the main little faggot who reads the speech at the end. bravo nolan
>>
>>86012315
>>86015185
>Hacksaw Ridge is based on a true story, therefore it must be realistic
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1484/71/1484713710426.webm
>>
>>86015332
>Actual evacuation of Dunkirk pointless
Yeah, why would you ever need 320,000 soldiers for a war? Completely pointless
>>
>>86014037
sadly not since your shilling will never stop it seems

who knows you might even develop a taste one of these days
>>
Where are the dunkek memes?
Nolan always delivers memes.
>>
>>86015220

350 in that picture

this is one of my biggest gripes, for a movie that was supposed to sell us on the massive importance and bravery of this event, nolan really fucked up

>decide to not use an inch of cgi
>beach is supposed to have 400k desperate people
>looks like the lineup for a deep purple show
>boats arrive to save the day
>shows like 20 boats tops that couldn't do shit
>decide to not show a single nazi
>decide to not fire a single bullet
>barely looks like anyone is in danger just gotta wait for them boats
>boats arrive outta nowhere
>everybody claps
>doesn't even show people boarding them
>instead spend 1/3 of the movie flying over the channel to see how long and boring a 1 hour flight over the english channel is
>spend another 1/3 of the movie boating with grandpa and with some kid that stumbles and dies because le war is senseless just like that

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS FUCKING MOVIE

what a pile of garbage, an exercise in pretentiousness, shamalayman would've done better with half the budget, if it wasn't for the incredible sound experience in IMAX I would've fallen asleep
>>
>>86012730
Eh, was glad that there was the inclusion of the French army like you stated, but it was mitigated by the absence of the French navy which rescued 40% of the men on the beach and instead getting substituted by Britain's "muh civilian spirit" flotilla which only accounted for 5% of the men saved, and yet the civilian navy is portrayed as the one that saved the day.
Also, Brits couldn't desist from depicting themselves as "le honorable good guys who save the french at the end :3" even though they blow up our navy not a week later.

But oh well, BRAVO NOLAN for that of "bon voyage l'anglais *winks to express sexual fulfillment*" It remembered the audience that the french were staying behind for the english to escape.

>>86015372
>I know by his nature he's no someone you should root for

>tries to bypass the British being anal about the British getting favorable treatment above that of the french
>saves the english protags twice
>not someone you could root for
Rude!
>>
>>86015220
>>86015332
>"I love da hobby battle a five armys"

Brainlets have arrived. No enough CGI set pieces, vacuous speeches, or love triangles for their tastes.
>>
>>86015578
it was pointless because those 400,000 soldiers should have all been dead before an evacuation could even be ordered.
>>
>>86015652
I liked the part where I got to see the same scene 2-3 times but from different camera angles
>>
>>86015716
are you drunk or retarded?
>>
>>86015535

if you knew anything about the history of WW2 you would know there are dozens of accounts of madmen charging the frontlines successfully just like that or even crazier

there's even funny ones like in the british army of soldiers preparing sandwiches inside their tanks while battle was raging
>>
First half was a bit borings, I didn't like the way he decided to do the timeline, I followed it fine but it made it feel wierd

The daddy, son and friend we're the best actors

Why didn't bane parachute out into a boat?
>>
>>86015740
>the french defense perimeter didn't exist
Right...

And that's forgetting that if Hitler had wasted his tanks on attacking Dunkirk, the fall of the rest of France would've been much slower since it would've been an evened out battle of infantry against infantry.
So you win some, you lose them.
>>
>>86015829
getting caught was part of his plan
>>
>>86015732
But they weren't, so it wasn't. Are you trying to say it was mishandled by the Germans?
>>
File: 1490482246725.jpg (96KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
1490482246725.jpg
96KB, 600x507px
>"The Nazis have killed over six million Jews, and we're next if we don't get out of here now!"

Nolan, you fucking hack
>>
>>86015829
>Why didn't bane parachute out into a boat?
WWII pilots were usually very wary of parachutes, and Bane probably thought it best to get captured than to engage in something he thought could get him killed.
>>
>>86015790
>Le XDDD make tea in tanks while battle le raging
>Le Doctor Who Reddit war
Yeah, that would make a good movie. The anecdotes are probably all made up or exaggerations of truth.
>>
>>86015926

it would make for a pretty goofy fun movie actually

you either make a movie about these anecdotes or you go full all quiet on the western frontier

this movie was pointless, the history channel does dunkirk more justice
>>
The Dunkirk scene in Atonement depicted the event a lot better.

Nolans movie is a great action film but there's literally nothing but action so anyone who likes movies to tell a story of some kind will be really disappointed.
>>
>>86015332
>implying Dunkirk would have led to Nazi winning the war
Saving the British army was a miracle and a pretty strong recovery for the allies, but the British were more useful with their Navy during the war by a long shot.
>>
File: 1483404433740.jpg (323KB, 688x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483404433740.jpg
323KB, 688x900px
>>86011622
yes, he went from full retard to war hero.

If he didn't die he would probably never done anything great in his life.
>>
>>86016155

>there's literally nothing but action

there's a whole lot of fucking still ocean other than action
>>
>>86015652
>>decide to not use an inch of cgi
>>beach is supposed to have 400k desperate people
>>looks like the lineup for a deep purple show
>>boats arrive to save the day
>>shows like 20 boats tops that couldn't do shit
that's the same point repeated 5 times, muh cgi soldiers
it could have used a few more but that doesn't take that much out of the movie
>decide to not show a single nazi
nothing wrong with that, the danger was still there
>decide to not fire a single bullet
lie
>barely looks like anyone is in danger just gotta wait for them boats
except all those ships that sunk and all those soldiers that drowned, burned and got bombed
>boats arrive outta nowhere
they were showed leaving England, in the canal, in the burning ship, and arriving
>everybody claps
?
>doesn't even show people boarding them
lie, again
>instead spend 1/3 of the movie flying over the channel to see how long and boring a 1 hour flight over the english channel is
>spend another 1/3 of the movie boating with grandpa and with some kid that stumbles and dies because le war is senseless just like that
great shots and acting

>WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS FUCKING MOVIE
getting contrarians like you mad

>if it wasn't for the incredible sound experience in IMAX I would've fallen asleep
saw it on IMAX and agree that really helped the movie
>>
This film was virtually perfection. The people who were bored have attention deficit and Bay syndrome. They're the type of people who would complain at a museum that the paintings aren't pop ups. This was a breathtaking illustration of a miraculous event in history. Also scored exquisitely by Hans, the sonic tension he draws out is second to none. Mark my words, this film will be studied.
>>
>>86016817

this film is boring and it has nothing to do with adhd, one of my favorite movies is the color of pomegranates

dunkirk is disconnected, dettached, pointless, incoherent, self-indulgent, pretentious, riddled by bad decisions that work against the story both in the script and in editing

just visuals and sound

pure oscar bait that'll hook all the "le kino" plebs of this board but once again nolan will be left statueless like the fraud hack he is
>>
Short version: it was good but maybe should have been directed by anyone but Nolan.

Right off the bat, PG-13 for a war movie is bottom line unacceptable. It's war, act like it.
The 3 different-length timelines merging and overlapping was bizarre and somewhat confusing, and I already knew about it going into the movie, it seems very easy for the regular movie-goer to get confused as fuck by it during the movie but figure it out afterwards. I don't think that makes for a good viewing experience, though, to have to solve shit afterwards. I understand why it was "necessary" but that was only because Nolan wanted to give all 3 character views equal screen time when he didn't have to.
The Frog taking so long to reveal he wasn't a German spy was pure movie nonsense and should have been a lot faster. George doing absolutely nothing and being praised as a hero afterwards was stupid as well. Cillian was underutilized, Hardy could barely act behind a mask (big guy, yadda yadda) despite being a good actor, and the ending was edited in a poor order. Hardy getting the last shot was good, him in front of the burning plane is nice, but we were interrupted by the kids on the train too much and the survivors on the boat. By the time we get back to Hardy landing the plane, taking a comically long time to get the landing gear out, it's almost "Oh yeah, he was still gliding."
Despite all of this I think the movie was very good and better than a lot of garbage being released these days. I'm sure we're all kind of sick of capeshit, while some are pretty good we're just being spammed with superhero movies. This was a nice release and something new. I think the ship being hit by a U boat and the pilot crash landing his plane into the water were phenomenal, I fucking loved the crunch of the plane snapping in half, very loud and thrilling. Also, great musical score, it did a great job of filling the scenes with tension and the ticking stopping on the train was powerful.
Go see it.
>>
>>86017299
At least with the PG-13 rating, teachers can show it to kids in school.
>>
>>86017176
All you said is a bunch of adjectives. You didn't construct one coherent opinion. You're a waste of space and I'm going to bed. There's a thread in the archives that was up earlier that was praising Nolan. Good discussion was going on there before the pickle apocalypse dawned. Anyways, read a bit more literature, it will help you communicate effectively. Good night.
>>
>>86017299
>Ad hominem and gore opinion

There's such thing as artistic liscense goof. Criticism should be directed in faults like plot holes etc. No one cares what sequence you would of used or your chronology preference.
>>
>>86017299
Paragraphs nigger, do it.
>>
File: Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg (127KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg
127KB, 220x326px
>>86011423

>"The operation...Is it over?"
>"Yes. It's done Kirk."

jfc Nolan you fucking hack
>>
>>86017393

just the fact that any viewer is guaranteed to go "oh this is running at 3 different speeds" at least once during the movie, even if just for a second, is a testament to how much of a pretentious dog turd of a movie this is, completely bogged down by nolan's juvenile taste and pointless whims in directing and writing
>>
>>86017375
Was that why that was done? I read Ghost Soldiers in high school and watched some documentaries about the Civil War which were explicit, I just remember needing permission slips signed by my parents to see the gore.
I knew right away during the street shooting and seeing zero gore, and the beach bombing "lifting" a soldier instead of killing him, that I wouldn't see anything too agonizing.
>>86017466
>Ad hominem
Never used it there, bub. Please google it before using it at least, it isn't an instant argument/opinion shatter.
I believe everything I criticized was nothing too extraordinary and pretty agreeable if you've seen the movie. Not displaying war in its entirety seems like more than "artistic license goof" when trying to make a serious war movie. Saving Private Ryan was pure AND artistic, he held himself back with the rating. I'm sure it was also very expensive and Nolan needed to in order to get the funding (PG-13 means more people will see it!).
Was your ad hominem nonsense because I criticized a director by name or something? Either way, tell me how my criticism was "wrong", please. Not agreeing with my statement or even having input on Hardy's ending makes me think you haven't seen the movie, though.
>>86017530
If that was too hard for you, please read more often.
>>
>>86017299
>Right off the bat, PG-13 for a war movie is bottom line unacceptable. It's war, act like it.

you're dumb if you need gore and violence to be explicitly portrayed to understand why war is bad

>The 3 different-length timelines merging and overlapping was bizarre and somewhat confusing, and I already knew about it going into the movie, it seems very easy for the regular movie-goer to get confused as fuck by it during the movie but figure it out afterwards.

you must be borderline retarded if you found this movie hard to follow

>I don't think that makes for a good viewing experience, though, to have to solve shit afterwards

that betrays a lack of critical thinking ability, but to be clear, you shouldn't have to and you must be really stupid to have felt it was necessary

>The Frog taking so long to reveal he wasn't a German spy was pure movie nonsense and should have been a lot faster

he didn't speak english and had no idea what he was being accused of you idiot

>George doing absolutely nothing and being praised as a hero afterwards was stupid as well

this would realistically happen

>ending was edited in a poor order. Hardy getting the last shot was good, him in front of the burning plane is nice, but we were interrupted by the kids on the train too much and the survivors on the boat. By the time we get back to Hardy landing the plane, taking a comically long time to get the landing gear out, it's almost "Oh yeah, he was still gliding."

so you're still struggling to grasp the lack of strict continuity even after thinking about it hard?

>the ticking stopping on the train was powerful.

actually it was a stupid fucking gimmick and made the score seem tacky and cheap

>Go see it.

kill yourself
>>
>>86017618
>three different speeds

You are very dumb, but I'll bite even though I know I'm talking to a teen.

The point of the movie is war is disorientating, loud, frantic and scary. The movie captured that perfectly. You didn't like it because you need le marvel superheros throw in the bantz but that's okay. You'll grow up one day. If you are above the age of 23 there is no hope for you.

Also, you have serious issues if you think an intense 90 minute movie was long.
>>
>>86015220
the proclimation of the number of soldiers on the beach was a figure of speech, of course soldiers wouldn't enmass cluster in a single kilometer and in a bullseye formation
>>
>>86011423
Dunkirk is Mad Max Fury Road of 2017. Same "no CGi" meme. Same shallow movie without an actual substance about full length action and mostly silent protagonist. Watch this also take a bunch of technical Oscars.

Screencap, nigger.
>>
>>86017979
what a controversial prediction, definitely worth a screencap
>>
>>86017979
>shallow movie

I can't believe there are people who think this. Wow, this place is cancer.

You guys are using the wrong adjectives too. I think I know what you mean when you say shallow but Goddamn it does make you sound stupid.
>>
>>86017925

the movie wasn't intense

it was a snoozefest

it has the worst zimmer soundtrack in ages

the movie isn't hard to follow at all, yet it still manages to pulls you out of it, what an accomplishment

and yes I'm talking about 3 different speeds, the 3 scenarios take approximately the same screen time, but show the events of 1 hour in 30 minutes (slow speed), the events of 1 day in 30 minutes (standard speed), the events of 1 week in 30 minutes (fast speed), you fucking dumbo peanut brain

>but it was le point all along!

if the point of the movie was to make bad cinema for the sake of realism or whatever, congratulations, you got a pile of dog turd as result, just like war huh

>le capeshit

sorry kiddo I'm out of the loop of anything past spiderman 2
>>
>>86017806
Someone sure is feisty tonight. You should try to be a bit more clever in the way you tell me I'm a moron, friend, just saying "stupid" and "idiot" over and over gets dull you know.
>if you need gore and violence
It's a war movie. Gore and violence are apart of war. It isn't a movie with war being the background, it's a war movie. I'm not "dumb" for wanting to see it portrayed correctly.
>you must be borderline retarded if you found this movie hard to follow
It was a very bizarre choice for the movie. Swapping from timeline to timeline just to make sure everyone, including Georgie, gets equal screen time was a poor decision though it was handled pretty well I suppose. It's inherently clunky, though.
I followed the movie, anon, just worried others might get surprised.
>that betrays a lack of critical thinking ability
Kind of already answered. Thinking about a movie afterwards to want to understand it makes someone "really stupid"? Grow up, please.
>he didn't speak english and had no idea what he was being accused of
He knows "jerry", which they called him. "Spy" too I'm betting. When people are shoving guns in your face, you speak, even if to beg for mercy. It cut to multiple other scenarios before he opened his mouth. A bit too much.
>this would realistically happen
It only happened because he said he wanted to be in the paper. Had he not said that and it happened, maybe. It happening how it did, however, was movie fluff.
>so you're still struggling to grasp the lack of strict continuity even after thinking about it hard?
Are you okay, anon? You can relax, you know.
I'm not struggling at all, I simply believe it was a poor choice of scene order. I didn't *actually* forget Tom was flying. Come on, now.
>actually it was a stupid fucking gimmick
Well, incorrect.
>kill yourself
Very nice.
Please seek help for your anger issues and if you're going to offer criticism for one's take on a movie, do so in a more approachable manner. You sound too young to be here.
>>
>>86018175
>there are people on this board who are this dumb that hide behind it by sounding like a troll

I need to stop posting here.
>>
>>86018304
kill yourself
>>
>>86018304
He's not angered by your criticism. He's mad that he is actually debating a dumb kid/retarded adult.
>>
>>86018443
I don't think he did a lot of "debating", anon. If that's what you think he is doing, and you're standing up for his absurd reaction, you likely need just as much help as he does.
I said nothing outlandish about the movie in my take on it. More finger pointing and insulting and no actual input? Fantastic post.
>>
File: IMG_20170726_113247.jpg (26KB, 460x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170726_113247.jpg
26KB, 460x419px
>>86015535
>>86015926
>>86012237
It's like Alexander Matrosov scene from Alexey Balabanov's War.
This is literally what Armond White is talking about every time he criticize Nolan and especially his latest flick Dunkirk. Like holy shit that gay nigger man is actually right every fucking time.
Nolan is truly one of most hackest directors and his fanbase even more cancerous. Good job with cucking whole generation with his "masterpieces".
Armond White :
It’s routine to describe battle films as “anti-war,” still, that misnomer doesn’t describe Dunkirk — the apolitical Nolan transforms the “anti-war” genre into his patented “life is cheap” genre. Each sequence that details the brutal tragedy of warfare is punishing yet remote. Men caught in numerous doom-laden catastrophes are presented IMAX-size for no other reason than shock, discomfort, and the awe of action-addicted filmgoers — adolescents who are temperamentally distanced from how those experiences shaped modern Western culture.
Nolan exploits technology for effect, not to enrich history. Unlike Ang Lee’s very fine Iraq War drama, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, which used 3-D to explore the depths of brotherhood and the war’s emotional complexities, Nolan’s movie flaunts empty violence. Duty is depicted as futile, and despite parroting Churchill’s spiritual motivation against darkness, Nolan typically evokes nihilism without any follow-through. Dunkirk feels dispassionate; it caters to pampered Boomers who never fought for or believed in a war or military service. Note the civilian armada approaching their countrymen: Each face is expressionless. Is this because Nolan rejects emotion, or does patriotic fervor embarrass him?
(cont)
>>
File: 1501831468559-tv.jpg (90KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1501831468559-tv.jpg
90KB, 1024x724px
>>86018559
(cont)
It’s possible that Nolan, having created an audience of Millennial pessimists, is uninterested in the fellow feeling that Ang Lee made so intimate and that Clint Eastwood’s Sully and Mel Gibson’s Hacksaw Ridge made affecting as well as spectacular. Nolan misuses the big screen the same way Paul Thomas Anderson did in The Master — as a fanboy selling tool but not for aesthetic exploration. Nolan emphasizes large-scale violence then looks past its effect as he always does — as in that inept football-stadium bombing in The Dark Knight Rises. Dunkirk is equally repellent when Nolan toys with anonymous men trapped in the hull of a ship, helplessly watching bullet holes pierce their safety, or when a pilot nearly drowns as his plane sinks into rising waters. These sitting-duck moments are not suspenseful but torturous, whereas the great action directors — Eisenstein, Peckinpah, Lean, De Palma, Spielberg, Kurosawa, Hitchcock, Abel Gance, Walter Hill, Bay at his best — could all depict action to get at a viewer’s understanding of fate. They mastered narrative and existential coherence. Nolan’s visual language is full of gaps; its pretense at Alain Resnais–style time-shifting seems some kind of joke when a director can’t accomplish straightforward storytelling.
>>
>>86018559
>>86018598
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Armond.
>>
File: IMG_20170807_024234.jpg (79KB, 503x535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170807_024234.jpg
79KB, 503x535px
>>86018086
>literally redit spacing
Unless it's ironically.
Really makes me think.

>>86018059
It's not about being controversial, but about being objective and realistic.
>>
>>86018520
His absurd reaction is based on your retarded line of thinking. Now keep being defensive. We're all anons here. It won't really affect you but you should learn from it as you get older.
>>
>>86011423
hard to believe all those frogs were saved only for their children and grandchildren to cuck their country into the third world
>>
>>86018713
The sun will rise and set tomorrow. Screencap this.
>>
>>86018713
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173617/Fishermen-chase-250-whales-beach-Faroe-Islands-locals-leap-water-glee-stab-death-slaughter-turns-sea-red-blood.html
>>
>>86018743
You call my thought process "retarded" and continue to stay true to my last post. Continuing to offer no input other than insults and no actual breakdowns makes you look childish.
>Now keep being defensive. We're all anons here. It won't really affect you but you should learn from it as you get older.
"as you get older" is funny considering you treat this discussion like a high schooler. OP asked for a consensus and I gave mine.
If you're going to just spout insults behind "anonymous", you sound pathetic.
>>
>>86018559
It really annoys me when he think Nolan is rejecting emotion, but then I realize he is a troll with better grammar than most of the random idiots on 4chan so it's hard to tell.

When Bane lands the ship it was one of the most emotional moments in the movie that was earned. I nearly cried when he was looking at the sunset.

Nolan set out an idea and executed it perfectly. No, you won't find the meaning of life in Dunkirk, but it was gripping and amazing to watch on the big screen like a movie should be.
>>
File: 1432774471361.jpg (128KB, 740x722px) Image search: [Google]
1432774471361.jpg
128KB, 740x722px
>>86015535
What video game is that from?
>>
>>86018932
I agree, he executed what he wanted to make perfectly. And yes, saying there is no emotion behind it is almost factually wrong. There is clearly emotion behind many scenes, even if they are "for the big screen" emotions, propped up and phony. They're still there, and he does it pretty well.
I feel like Hardy's silent self signature to a fate of misery is one that not many truly appreciate. Him watching his plane, the instrument that saved countless lives and murdered others, burn on the coast was beautiful.
>>
>>86018877
what's the problem here
>>
>>86018559
>>86018598
bravo 10/10
nolan is a hack
>>
>>86012237
>>86015535
>>86015926

Woman detected
>>
>>86011579
Look out yank, I think I saw a rice farmer behind you
>>
>>86015634
Hardy was on a plane wearing a mask. The memes will come.
>>
>>86011423
Very good in IMAX 70MM haven't seen it in other formats. Not traumatizing or melodramatic but pretty fucking uneasy and stressful at times. Some good character arcs. And from a technical standpoint, it's a fucking masterpiece, no argument there. I want to go see it in 70MM IMAX again while I still can but taking the train to another city and then sitting through the film itself with that soundtrack feels more stressful than a rough workday during finals week.
>>
>>86011613
George represents the english during the war

In the beginning they were cheerful, then realized things were wrong, got blind about reality after defending their "allies" and died before the war ended leaving a corpse until today
>>
>>86011613
most casualties in the war were people like George. Totally innocent and deserving of remembrance and celebration.
>>
>>86017299
>>86018304
>>86018520
>>86018928

Jesus christ go watch capeshit.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.