[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumped the shark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 44

File: ramsignedmailer.jpg (103KB, 350x506px) Image search: [Google]
ramsignedmailer.jpg
103KB, 350x506px
Jumped the shark
>>
Jumped the pickle
>>
honestly it was one of the best R&M episodes. Good humor all around
>>
>>86009520
>good humor
What humor? There wasn't a single joke.
>>
Other than the final two scenes it was terrible
>>
Easily one of the best episodes on every level, and I'm not memeing.
>>
>>86009573
t. pseud who is easily dazzled by shallow monologues
>>
>>86009543
>local 4chan autist expects 1950's style punchline
>>
>>86009478
I played Plants vs Zombies on my tablet the entire time, episode was just so fucking boring.
>haha i'm a pickle
>terrorism is just part and parcel
>>
File: 73.png (59KB, 574x435px) Image search: [Google]
73.png
59KB, 574x435px
>7.3
>>
>>86009543
yeah some people dont seem to understand all of the jokes lmao
>>
>>86009706
name ONE joke that went over my head

>inb4 le epin staple a pickle to your self
>>
>>86009520
Can you give me an example if something you laughed at? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>86009478
wait is it done yet? can I torrent it?
>>
>>86009695
A 7.3? That's like a 1/10 for those tasteless fucks.
>>
Realistically, this will go down in television history.
>>
File: pickle_rick.gif (91KB, 528x379px) Image search: [Google]
pickle_rick.gif
91KB, 528x379px
>>
>>86009706
This honestly. You have to have a strong understanding of chemistry and theoretical physics to even begin to appreciate the show. I laughed out loud almost every fifteen seconds.
>>
It jumped the shark with Get Shwifty
>>
>>86009657
I expect humour. Killing stuff is not funny. The parody of 80's action flicks could have work as a joke with more time, it was rushed as fuck. All the stuff with psychiatrist was unfunny and extremly on the nose
>>
File: 1501650667677.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1501650667677.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>86009478
Rick and Morty sucked only Episode 1 was good the rest has been okay I thought Pickle Rick would be the Magnum Opus but it was just meh
>>
>>86009478
>10 minutes of Rick LOL SO RANDOM killing people and rats
>10 minutes of shallow therapist dialogue about feelings
The opening scene was ok-ish, and the jokes about summer huffing glue and the teacher eating shit were ok. But overall it was a 3/10 at best. The past two episodes have been abject garbage.
>>
It had it's moments. But they didn't carry through enough to save from that cringy monologue and muh Harmon level family problems and emotional numbness. Roiland should have more say in the show.

I heard the female writers were pushing the divorced family problems angle hard but it should be letting up for the next 2 or so.
>>
File: 1498668843309.jpg (26KB, 524x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498668843309.jpg
26KB, 524x400px
>>86009478
>mfw it was an unfunny "plot development" episode
>>
>>86009706
You have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
I thought this was supposed to a comedy show

No jokes, not even a scenario for humor

It was
>I'm a pickle
>The family talks to a therapist about monotone Drama problems
>Action Sequence
>Ends with more Drama problems that tries to somehow act like a big emotional crisis and a break through

I though the drama shit was supposed to be subtle in this fucking series
Do the new writers even know what fucking show they're working on
>>
>>86009789
when he turned himself into a pickle and yelled "IM PIICKKLE RIIIIIICK"
>>
File: 1414084662455.png (40KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
1414084662455.png
40KB, 500x594px
>we will never go back to GOAT season 1 R&M
>>
>>86009850
Episode 2 was pretty funny tbf
>>
>>86009835
>All the stuff with psychiatrist was unfunny and extremly on the nose
I liked that. The violence and pickle stuff was irritating
>>
>>86009959
Rick and morty doesn't has jokes, just ridiculous and funny situations. Though this episode was bland.
>>
>>86010076
Why? Beth was incredibly out of character.
>>
>>86009573
It really was
>>
File: 1501792964183.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501792964183.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>86010068
Not really Summer was out of character and she had sex while being in high school it's just going downhill since GOAT season 2
>>
>>86010130
I thought it was in character
>>
yup

i for one suggest we replace the phrase "jumping the shark" with "pickling"
>>
>Go to /co/
>Everyone likes it

Honestly it's so obvious you fucks are hating this just because of the women writers it's getting ridiculous
>>
Is reddit defending this awful episode like they did with episode 2?
>>
>>86010294
Omg epic b8!
>>
>>86009559
the final two scenes were fucking cancer
>>
>>86010294
/co/ has the worst fucking taste out of any board.
>>
>86010294
>taking /co/'s opinions seriously
not even worth a (You)
>>
I want to like this show but 1. the nasty elements are too much 2. it gets tedious.
this show needs an editor. this show needs to give work to new voice actors. not the main cast but the second tier are the same old tobia funke and co.
hopeful next season will be better.
>>
>>86009478
This season has been 1-2 so far. I didn't even hate the pickle rick parts that much, the problem is this whole divorce story line is ruining the pacing.

If they just focused on Rick avoiding therapy and then have conflict with the rats, then the Russians (?) this could have been a decent parody of 80's action movies.
>>
>>86009648
obv the shallow monologues were shit

the pickle action was fantastically animated, well choreographed, and entertaining.
>>
>>86010294
/co/ is literally tumblr's colony on 4chan
>>
>>86009789
When they said that some people eat poop.
lol XD
>>
>>86009954
(You) have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
File: 1456091844706s.jpg (2KB, 120x124px) Image search: [Google]
1456091844706s.jpg
2KB, 120x124px
>>86009478
literally felt like a shitty filler episode with basically no other premise than "im a pickle".

No good jokes, nothing good plot-wise, and not even any development of character in any way and they were in a fucking therapy session. Could have actually had something going on in the B plot rather than just re-hashing what we already know of our characters.

I wasn't even expecting much, but i at least had hope that they'd prove me wrong. What a disappointment overall.
>>
decker sucks
>>
>>86010523
>(You) have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
>>86009954
Here is something for you to read.

You're a fag
>>
reddit doesn't deserve our /picklekino/
>>
>>86009663
>plants vs zombies
either you're 6 years old, a turbo autist, or both.
>>
>>86010590
>(((You))) have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
>>86009796
Pretty sure tonight's episode of twin peaks had like a 9.7 last time I checked. Easily one of the worst episodes of the season.
>>
how do you feel knowing that theres people out there who think they're just like rick?
>>
>>86010050
most of the episodes in s1 had one of their plots be shit
>>
>>86010050
Its the curse of dan harmon

Shame Justin Roiland didnt take the helm abit more.
>>
>We've made a wildly successful show by using self-contained episodes with science-fiction premises, constant humor, and emphasis on universe-building
>Better start season 3 with episodes which remain in one setting focusing on an uninteresting divorce storyline and the underlying feelings of characters who existed initially only to complement Rick
>Oh, and now we use scenarios like a main character turning himself into a pickle

Dan Harmon show starting strong and falling off a cliff. Like fucking clockwork.
>>
Is the Pickle Rick shit considered a "forced meme"?
>>
>>86010076
Why? there was nothing interesting and what's worse they have already done this scene(a character telling off one of the main cast) way better back with the alien in the basement.
>>
>>86010926
If Tiny Rick was, then Pickle Rick is.
>>
>>86010294
They also like steven universe which is an abomination of a show
>>
>>86010865
women
>>
The fact that the threads slowed to a crawl after the initial pickle rick joke shows just how bad the episode was. /tv/ couldnt even meme it.
>>
there is a progressive downward trend in this season.

the last episode i got a chuckle out of the "looooser" thing and the Morty robot becoming self aware. but it was otherwise unfunny and just excessively violent

this episode was just trying to survive on the "pickle rick" meme to appeal to the reddit crowd but was otherwise just pointlessly violent.

I feel they are substituting comedy for violence and the "jokes" are just stale cheesy one liners.

kind of a shame the first 2 seasons were fucking gold and episode one was a strong start.
>>
Anyone else think the show is significantly worse without Jerry? All of the humor surrounding the failed marriage came from Jerry's pitifulness as a character, which I thought was the comedic backbone for a lot of the darker parts of the show. Thought the episode really suffered without him. Hopefully he gets an entire episode at some point in the series and he doesn't get killed off.
>>
>>86009478
mega when?
>>
>>86009478
Theres been a pretty big drop in quality after the first 2 seasons. Im optimistic it can rebound, and not to say the last two episodes were terrible...but damn, yeah, it feels more bland and without heart than prior.
>>
>>86011143
I thought 1-2 was a drop off, but it was from great to good. S3e1 was good, 2 and 3 have been trash tier.
>>
>>86009478
I'd give it an 8/10 but a woman wrote it so I have to give it a 3/10
>>
>>86009789
You saw the pickle right?
That shit was outrageous
>>
>>86010865
This. Rick and Morty should be about Justin Roiland having infinite dimensions to play with so he could justify whatever storyline he wanted. Dan Harmon is instead using the show as a vehicle to let everyone know he's suffering from post divorce depression.
>>
>>86011093
Reddit will eat up pickle rick. Just wait for the gifs, jokes, memes, shirts and fan art.

>>86011108
I feel that Jerry being removed from the show could have been positive, but they are making that such an issue with the divorce angle.
>>
>>86010223
Lol who doesn't have sex in high school?
>>
>>86009478

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/38432/20170620/rick-and-morty-season-3-cancellation-possible-amid-dan-harmon-justin-roiland-s-bad-blood-last-13-episodes-reportedly-airing-in-july-2017.htm

This is an article talking about how there may have been a discussion on the creative differences between Justin and Dan. Of course, it could just be trash, but I'll use it to indicate there might be creative discord.

I do remember watching a recent interview with Dan that this was his favorite episode of the series (If someone has the source I would love to see it).

I believe what is happening that Dan wants to take the show in a more serious direction, while Justin wants the show to be more cartoony.

Unless the two get through their creative differences, then yes, I believe the tonal shift in this new season will rub people the wrong way.
>>
>>86009835
I feel like the psych session was actually an fairly interesting addition to the plotline of S3E2. Modern society takes the spice out of day to day life- now what is valued is willingness to do 40 to 60 hours a week of boring work, depending on how you define work. My wife says she fell in love with me when I told her I wouldn't just take a bullet for her, I'd take 40 years of crunch time and have dinner with her parents every weekend if I had to. I'm wondering whether Jerry is going to

A) show how effective he can be in modern society in contrast to Rick's dysfunction

B) embrace some of Rick's nihilism now that he's alone in what sounds like a rough part of town and become a more attractive man for it

C) do some combination of the two

Or maybe Morty will be the one who grows into the balanced mix of the two father figures and Jerry will stay a pussy. I'll agree it was less front-loaded with interesting material than most other episodes, but it has got me thinking like the others nonetheless.

Jesus this turned into a wall. I probably look like this >>86009954 clown now.
>>
>>86009706
I don't get why all these dumb posters here want to comment when their only problem is their low IQ to understand these jokes.
>>
>>86009824
AUTISM
>>
>>86011627
good.

season 3 so far is fucking shite
>>
>>86009824
>laughed out loud almost every fifteen seconds.

Retard
>>
Guys, does anyone have a link to the song? It stopped working for me... ;_;
>>
>>86009824
so true, so very true.
>>
File: jordan_peterson_2.jpg (60KB, 789x469px) Image search: [Google]
jordan_peterson_2.jpg
60KB, 789x469px
>>86009789
>Beth and Rick getting sorted out
>their refusal to recognize their own character flaws even when they are spelled out to them by the omniscient therapist
>>
>>86010728

ITT: Characters that remind you of yourself
For me it’s Rick Sanchez – intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>86011900
I BEG YOU LADS ;________________________________________________________;
>>
>>86010728
I can only relate to the drinking.
>>
it's obvious that the new writers can't come up with any original plotlines or jokes, so they just substitute it with violence and nihilistic trite until Reddit stops eating it up and buying merchandise.
>>
>>86012118
>right click
>inspect
>ctrl+f youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROm4wZBpbro

there you go, you're a hacker now
>>
>>86009478
It was already played out before the most recent season, what did you expect?
>>
>>86012634
>only +200 views
4chan really screwed that guy
>>
Well, they just officially ruined this show. They've added in story elements and ideas that were retarded as fuck, and are now canon forever.

We'll have to wait awhile before we can get a new show with a clean slate, and pray to god they don't fuck it up again.
>>
File: almonds.jpg (1MB, 3000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
almonds.jpg
1MB, 3000x1875px
>>86011924
>>
>>86012804
Holy shit.
Reddit eternally btfo.
>>
>>86011924
funny like haha or funny as in concept? like what part had you laughing?
>>
>>86011415
Over 50% of people in high school
>>
File: IMG_2963.png (44KB, 298x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2963.png
44KB, 298x441px
>>86009478
No way!!
This Pickle Rick meme is the best OC I've seen in a looooooong time.
>>
Rick and Morty has become sandler teir unfunny, there is little to no setup for the jokes, making any payoff that might come from it diminished. its just a bunch of random shit happening and the show telling us it is funny because its uncommon or oh so typical/cliche.
>>
>>86010446
and /tv/ at this point is basically /pol/'s vassal, which itself is stormfronts colony on 4chan
>>
>>86012804
>juvenile nihilism

except it's not nihilistic in the slightest. it wants to be (which is very annoying) but it isn't at all.
>>
>>86012804
>criticizes its use of violence
>cites fucking verhoeven as someone who utilizes it compellingly

yeah. that's it. i'm done with you fucking retards. you plebs are fucking obnoxious. kill yourselves.
>>
>>86012804
that picture is reddit
>>
>>86009543
There was one joke, it was when he moved the bottle. I was making sure to count them the whole episode.
>>
>>86009478
Dogshit can't jump the shark.
>>
>>86016222
>it wants to be (...) but it isnt at all
>juvenile
>>
>>86011717
Nice post. I felt more or less the same.
>>
Something odd that bothered me, other than the obvious faults of having no jokes, being half "lol so randum" and half bland self-insert emotional talk was that Morty and Summer just had the same blank stare throughout 90% of the episode. I don't understand, were the animators just lazy or did the glue-huffing/pants pissing traumatize them for life?
>>
If this episode doesn't win an Enmy, that means they are controlled by straight white male nazis
>>
File: 1493951423614.jpg (437KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1493951423614.jpg
437KB, 1508x1493px
>>86010365
>>86010446
>>
>>86012804
Holy shit whoever made this is such a turbo autist. It's a fucking cartoon.
>>
A show can't jump the shark if it was always bad.
>>
>>86017170
The animators can only do so much with no material.
>>
They really need to cut the emotional shit. I don't understand what they're trying to do there at all desu
>>
>>86017268
I hope you get turned into a pickle
>>
>>86009543
Rick was turned into a frkn pickle. That alone is comedy gold. A man... who gets turned into a *VEGETABLE*
>>
>>86017790
>rick is a pickle
>pickle rick
genius
>>
>>86012804
>nihilism is bad mmkay
>>
File: drink your shizoid dairy.png (824KB, 735x736px) Image search: [Google]
drink your shizoid dairy.png
824KB, 735x736px
This thread is a fuck train
>>
>>86012804
Yeah, all that nuance in Verhoeven's movies you fucking retard, great point there.
>>
>>86011415
>everyone on /tv/
>>
File: empressu.png (80KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
empressu.png
80KB, 240x240px
>>86012052
I just had a fucking aneurysm
>>
>>86011415

Most teenagers these days. They're on their phones too much to be capable of that level of irl socialization.
>>
>>86010050
>Discover R&M when I say at my mate's flat
>Binge through the first season, enjoy it. Nothing amazing
>Watch second season
>It's shit
>everyone loves it

Glad to see I'm not alone
>>
File: ponyricker.png (161KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
ponyricker.png
161KB, 780x439px
>>86009478
PONY RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
>>
>>86015650
What the fuck are you talking about /tv/ is one of the biggest liberal cesspools on this site.
>>
>>86010294
Oh wow, /co/ liked it. I guess it's confirmed shit then.
>>
>>86018961
Barneyfag gonna have a bad time
>>
>>86009478

Episode was on point.

>>86009520

Top form.

>>86009543

Pickle Rick, Sounded dumb. Execution was flawless.
>>
>>86019063
it's a retarded joke straight from reddit
>>
File: 1458639787626.jpg (96KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
1458639787626.jpg
96KB, 640x630px
The show jumped the shark when it tried to become anything more than just wacky adventures, but then again I had much different expectations for how the show would pan out. When I first watched ep 1 (and Doc and Mharti) I guess I expected it to be somewhat like ATHF in that it never really took itself too seriously and had ludicrous plotlines, but I guess everything nowadays has to have shoehorned family drama and muh 'complex' characters for it to be profitable. For all the hype people place into the show for being nihilistic/absurdist, it really feels like the show is trying to answer a lot of questions about life that I personally don't give a shit about, because frankly it's all been done much better before.
>>
File: 1493979859743.jpg (68KB, 611x630px) Image search: [Google]
1493979859743.jpg
68KB, 611x630px
Why did this show suddenly boom into popularity? It's basically just having the Family Guy effect now - A cartoon for man children and women who watch it to try and fit in with men they want the dicks of.
>>
>>86017170
If you want to enjoy the show assume it's because the episode was about them not being able to express themselves and their problems because the two adults in their lives are self absorbed, emotionally stunted people.

If you want to hate the show say it's lazy women millennial minorities.

Or it's both
INB4 reddit spacing
>>
>>86017790
Cripples, the mentally handicapped and the old.
>>
>>86020558
Fucking lol
>>
>>86018824
>this much projecting
>>
>>86013422
Theres no way that stat is correct
>>
I only saw the first episode of the show so far

So it's really not just funny wacky crazy adventures? Is it really SJW drama shit?
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>86020434
>suddenly
>>
>pickle rick
>people think it's all LOOL SO RANDOOM
>pickle rick starts shouting "HEY M-MORTY I-IT'S PICKLE RICK!"
>it's too forced, every other character is unimpressed and immediatly called out on it

The joke is literally on you, retards.
>>
remember when they were so proud of keeping cracks in the ground from when the house got moved? or the hole in the roof? have you seen a single remanent of the total assimilation of earth by the galactic federation in episode 2 or 3?
>>
>>86020434
half way through season 2
>>
>>86009824
best comment in thread
>>
>>86010396
>the problem is this whole divorce story line is ruining the pacing.

this
>>
>>86010130
>>86010227
Today I realize I don't know Beth's character
>>
>>86010050
Season 1 was shit though
>>
>>86009959
>do they know
No, and they don't care.
The new retard dykes employed to write these episodes don't give a shit and do not understand what it is to be funny.
Their writing versions of the stories they used to play with their barbies.

Remember the cool action you had with your toys, endless adventures - well now remember your sister's games with her barbies.
Repetitions of happy families, emotional drama, new clothes and costumes.
There you have it.
>>
File: Proof.png (89KB, 840x246px) Image search: [Google]
Proof.png
89KB, 840x246px
So the redditors are finally seeing the show like it is? A reddit-pandering piece of trash? fuck off with this shitty show right now. It was never allowed in /tv/ in the first place
>>
>>86010130
As usual she was gaslighting Summer and Morty into silence, while trying to divert the therapist attention from his daddy problems.
At the end, as usual, she chooses to be egoist, so much that she refuses to help his incontinent son and her budding junkie daughter. At the end she nullifies the progress she made through therapy by saying that it was all about Morty and Summer (implying the ridicolousness of their problems), and then egoistically she drop them off to eat out with Rick.

It was 100% Beth. The problem is that since Jerry is portrayed as a moron, the dumber /tv/ anons will automatically think that this means that Beth is a functioning, moral human being. She's not, she's a piece of shit as much as Jerry, the only difference is that she is a bit more aggressive (but in multiple episodes we can see that she has no quality to back that aggressivity up: basically she is full of shit).
>>
>>86011108
I agree with the show being more shit without him but I don't think I want a Jerry episode. There shouldn't be any episodes about one person. There should just be episodes about the universe which was the most interesting thing and now it's about divorce or something
>>
>>86011627
Justin should just break off and exec prod "Morty & Rick" with the same artists but with his writers, they can be from galaxy D-1ck or whatever and just go on funny entertaining adventures while Dan continues with his 'deep' angle
>>
Was this show always this gorey? I've seen the first half of season 1 a long time ago and can't remember this much gore
>>
>>86009478
No it didn't.
It was always trash.
>>
>>86021504
Episode 3 was literally set in a hobo's corpse.
>>
>>86021549
He was still alive until near the end.
>>
>>86011717
Yeah I agree, they should really drop the whole scifi thing too - it is old and overdone by now.
Rick should start settling in to become the grandfather and rather he always should have been.
An episode, or better yet a 2-3 episode arc on him working on stopping his alcoholism, by hard work, determination and attending regular group meetings - rather than with a wacky invention.
After this, maybe phase out the character of Rick, he could develop Alzheimer's and die with his family by his bedside - to show how short life is.
Then it can just be about the family and the problems they face in an ordinary life.
Maybe keep Me P**py B*tthole though, he is hilarious! lol
>>
>>86009478
9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB MORTY
>>
>>86021055
they stopped caring about consistency
>>
>>86020935
If you want humour and continuity, watch The Tick.
Unfortunately it has quite a bit of ((())), but remains funny.
>>
File: Untitled.png (172KB, 923x504px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
172KB, 923x504px
>>86009478
>>
>>86009823
the first to be in a pickle
>>
File: rickle rick.png (360KB, 661x607px) Image search: [Google]
rickle rick.png
360KB, 661x607px
>Hire random feminist writer solely because she posted about trump with harmon on twitter

She has a great track record, and she's working on the keemstar cartoon too!
>>
File: hades.png (204KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
hades.png
204KB, 400x236px
>>86010865
>constant humor
>>
>>86021744
>The Mighty B
send help
>>
>>86017170
They likely replaced 2/3 of the animators with females to add to the (((progressive))) new turn to the cartoon.
Don't employ the people who can do a job well, employ an overrepresented group of incompetents.
>>
>>86021806
Writers not animators senpai.
>>
>>86014128
Rob Schneider is, a carrot! Rated PG-13 :-)
>>
making a fucking rat suit, going pickle shit on the rat horde, a jet pack (where the fuck did that come from), russians, lasers, lots of gore and fucking pickle rick.
absolutely perfect. it makes up for the therapy divorce 2deep4u bullshit. sucked at balancing the action.
>>
>>86009478
mortyed the rick
>>
>>86021828
Did you read what i wrote.
Are you fucking stupid.
>>
>>86021885
Do you know the difference between period and question mark?
>>
>>86021843
>49% action
>50% therapist shit
>1% jokes

The only genuine laughs that I got were stapling the pickle to a pickle, and Jaguar saying "I've never died"

Other than that it was just mindless movement and sounds with 0 substance.
>>
>>86021940
You're really got him now, epic one
>>
i think the anti-pickle sirenge could have been a funny joke, it didn't feel like a joke and it could have been funny.
>>
>>86021940
When I already know the answer, there is no difference.
Your a complete faggot?
>>
should've been an epic stand-alone pickle ass kicking adventure

>>86021955
i liked all the action tho. its okay if you don't, but i love it
yes the therapist part was bad, i didn't really laugh. i laughed harder at how pickle rick was fucking everything and everyone up
>>
Rick and morty always had a liberal slant you polcucks
>>
Honestly the show should be called Reddit and Mooty

The show is half Reddit (Dan Harmon) and half 4chan (Justin Roiland)
>>
>>86022086
And that's why it's always been shit for drooling knuckle dragging redditards you cuckolded faggot
>>
>>86012804
FUUUGGGG THIS IS PURE AUTISM :DDD
>>
I feel like the show really missed a good chance with Jerry and I think that everyone jumping on the hate train is just bandwagoning faggots.

S3 E1 has Jerry working for biggest government and steadily being promoted. For the first time in a long while for Jerry, things are going truly great. He'd been on the backfoot since we saw him, reviled by almost everyone who met him as a walking punching bag.

I'd like to remind everyone, however, that we DO see Jerry capable of having a mental break and growing a spine. This is evidenced in the Cronenberg episode and the alien couple therapy episode where Jerry fights to save himself/his wife and family. Underneath the timidity is a man wholly capable of doing violence and taking charge.

With the collapse of the Alien government, there is an immense power vaccuum that Rick can't possibly hope to fill on his own. As we see in the post-credit scene of S3E1, Tammy is back with a newly revived Pheonix Person, still in the garb of Federal agents with Alien Government personnel around them. This speaks of a resurgent Federal Government, if severely weakened by the fracturing of the economy brought on by the terrorist Rick Sanches.
I fully expected Jerry to disappear and return as a member of the newly formed Federal Government, hell-bent on punishing the man who ruined him and fractured his family for all time. The man who destroyed his world JUST as everything was coming up aces. His wife, his family, choose the man who has done nothing but hurt them, over him, the loving, if ineffective, father. Surely that's enough to make a man snap? A man we know to do violence when pushed too far.

Instead, we have Jerry in an even more pathetic state then we did before. The show itself even going so far as to have the word "Loser" play in the background in any scene where he is alone. The world is shitting on him more and more and he is just taking it, rather then snapping and fighting back as he has done before.
>>
>>86012804
Not even trying to defend Rick and Morty... but this really doesn't seem to understand the show at all and it's not that hard to get.
>>
Needs jerry back, he was the funny character.
>>
>>86022096
Justin Roiland was never 4chan. Just a four-eyed dumb looking cuck that made a bunch of failed cartoons that never caught in the past because he cant contain his autism.
>>
>>86012804
I love how reddit keeps getting BTFO, their taste in media is dog shit
>>
>>86022251
You can't BTFO the oblivious. Those tards are going to continue to suck the Roiland's cock and swallow every episode.
>>
>>86022200
Jerry is not a faulty person, his problem is that he married the wrong person (many episodes, including the first 2 of the 3rd season, are about it).
He is not inherently weak, in fact by himself he is capable of obtaining the highest success (i.e. Croenberg Jerry and movie star Jerry), yet in this dimension he got neutered by Beth.

Of course, although this is a very basic dynamic, it appears to be too sophisticated for /tv/tards, who will just go "JERRY WEAK BETH KEKS".
I'm sure they'll turn him into a demigod of some sort, now that he is not burdened by his family anymore.
>>
>>86017790
>Rob Schneider.. is a CARROT
Yeah, already done. Thanks.
>>
>>86022372
>>86021840 Irony.
>>
to the reddit friends who like the show:
a friend of mine insisted i watch the show and he showed me the meseek episode. I now noticed meseek episode is the most memed one(except for pickle that is), would you say it does a decent job of portraing the show's humor? In short, was meseek a good episode?
>>
File: pickle .jpg (122KB, 900x878px) Image search: [Google]
pickle .jpg
122KB, 900x878px
>>86009478
>See episode 3
>strange sensation
>not funny
>not remotely interesting
>totally unrelated to previous material
>the whole therapist monologue feels forced as if it was female humor
>see pic related
>dropped.exe

Women
Ruin
Everything
>>
OMG PEOPLE EATING POOOOP XDDDD

>People actually watch this show
>>
>>Rob Schneider.. is a CARROT
>Yeah, already done. Thanks.
>>
anyone got the picture, where men take pictures vs women?
>>
>>86009663
Fucking millennial scum.
>>
>>86022425
i lost focus when the monologue started.
>>
>>86022425
Looooooooooool
She's a woman writer but she is soooooo funny and coooooool that she totally surprised me by saying dicks loooollli think she's just as tough as morty's sister, she's awesome wow!

Loool
Can't breathe in laughing 2 much
>>
>>86022339
It certainly doesn't appear that that's the way they are taking Jerry. No show i've ever watched that was good actually puts a character on screen and then TELLS you what they are. Not to mention that the Mad Max episode had Jerry acting EXTREMELY stand-offish to Summer when she visited him. It was so odd, so out-of-place for Jerry who has been shown as a loving father, if inept. The character has suddenly changed and I can't help but feel that the writers have jumped on their own damn bandwagon when it comes to Jerry.

>"Heh heh, yeah, he is a loser! Isn't he guys?"

It's really disappointing that they seem to have just dropped the whole Federal Government, Terrorist watch-list thing. Not only that, SURELY there is some remnant of the Council of Ricks that wants blood? No mention of it, no allusions to future revenge. I swear if they drop the plot-line that weakly i'll probably drop the show.

Rick+Terrorist buddies V Government was great.
>>
Here's the only good episode of Rick and Morty:
https://vimeo.com/97680161
>>
File: 1500076538108.jpg (126KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500076538108.jpg
126KB, 640x640px
>>86009478
Anyone else who loved S1&2 dropping S3?

The pickle rick parts where he was with Jaguar killing baddies was entertaining but the show isnt funny anymore and the family drama is boring. The writing has dropped in quality too.

Shame.
>>
>>86022453
>>86022372
>>86022411
>>86021840
It like dat south park n sheet
>>
>>86022475
how dare he not sit and take in the complete art of rick and morty the way its creators intended
>>
>>86022502
>It certainly doesn't appear that that's the way they are taking Jerry.
Yes it is. They have been extremely implicit in the first 2 episodes of his season, and there are 2 entire episodes specifically based on how wring this marriage is. In one it is shown that they are co-dependant, and that they are both making each other works, and in another one they can see that had they never met each other they would have succeded as life. Also in the second episode of this season the marriage is recreated by Summer and that Deathstalker guy, who was meant to be Jerry. You can actually see how Jerry got neutered by Beth im that episode.
It's not a theory I'm making up, they have been explicit about it for 3 whole seasons. Again, Jerry is not inherently weak or mediocre, he just got ruined by this marriage (same for Beth, who never managed to fullfill his only dream, to become a doctor, due to her marriage).
>>
>>86022413
your friend is a retarded redditor if he made you watch Memeseeks first
start with ep1 faggot
>>
>>86022530
>being this into an american anime
pickle rick was the fucking shit, best thing to happen all week, but i'm not gonna watch every episode of this season. thats fucking stupid, its just a cartoon
i haven't even seen all of s1 or s2 and i'm not gonna watch it either.
>>
File: 1500617538885.jpg (143KB, 960x839px) Image search: [Google]
1500617538885.jpg
143KB, 960x839px
>>86022692
Guess that's a good way of looking at things, maybe just watch the episodes that interest you instead of investing yourself into every episode when you know you're not going to like the whole season.
>>
this episode was written like this
>I'm a woman, I wonder what men would find funny, I bet it's lots of violence and gore
>I wonder what memes the Internet would find funny
>I need to make this woman character look super smart and making a man BTFO, feminism is awesome
>>
>>86011415
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>86022766
pretty much yeah. i just watch whatever honestly. pickle rick was just too good of a meme to just let pass by. couldn't resist the redditors i guess ;^)
>>
>>86009824
Have an upvote
>>
File: 1501990602942.gif (393KB, 1000x548px) Image search: [Google]
1501990602942.gif
393KB, 1000x548px
>>86022855
It's the only episode this season (that's aired since July) that I've watched fully. I saw the first couple minutes of last weeks ep but dropped because it was utter shit.

I couldn't pass up the memes though
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1501825171595.webm
>>
never say lolsorandum
never say reddit
never say kino
never say muh
never say edgy
never say memeing
never say autist

because if you do, your opinion isn't going to be ignored, it's just clear that you do not have one.

The Pickle Rick episode is the worst Rick and Morty episode because the women hired to write the show aren't capable of understanding what the show was originally supposed to be and want it to be Futurama, only with insincere, gratuitous in a tacked-on way scenes of violence that prove they "get" the male segment of the audience. This entire episode was essentially equivalent to the Family Guy chicken fight segments, and yes, the show has jumped the shark and will never be good on any level again.
>>
I just watched the first two episodes and Rick and Morty is better than /tv/ led me to believe

also I want to fuck Summer
>>
>>86022646
In that same episode where Beth and Jerry find out that they would have lived better lives without one another, we find Jerry, now an addict, arriving at Beth's door professing his love for her and his undying unhappiness at never asking her to be with him. Beth reciprocates this. The ending of the very episode you cite as a reason why they shouldn't and don't work with each other also shows that even if they may have been more succesful without the other, they were happy.

Two semi-bad, broken people coming together out of love and need for one another. not only that not only that but the Alien Therapy episode also shows they are tied to one another even if they have deep-seated negative emotions regarding the other. Monster Beth states that she desires an army of Jerries. It also shows monster Beth and Jerry working together to cause havoc.
>>
>>86022905
didn't even watch it last week lol i literally never watch this show, it's not bad if i'm honest and i love all the hate going on right now, this episode is literally destroying these fags.
am havin a good laff
>>
>>86022905
to think this is the funniest shit that has come out of this episode, jesus christ
>>
>>86010865
It's Southpark all over again.
>>
It wasn't that great, but I'm sure other episodes in the season will be better.
>>
I think this season just has a lack of things going on, the b-plots in every story since s3e1 have been pretty boring.

S3e1 got away without b-plots because the episode was so hyped and so much went down, episode 2 had Beth with the robots, which was a gag that was never fleshed out. This episode had characters literally in a room talking.

Rick and Morty has never been too scared to say things that are on-the-nose, but they always felt related to the plot as an inevitability of their adventures. When Rick and Morty replace themselves and have to take their place, Rick says out-and-out, don't think about it. A pretty on-the-nose statement but it at least was in response to a situation.

In episodes 2 and 3 now we have characters just stating their emotions rather than having them show through action, that combined with sub-par b-plots really puts the show in a bad light.

I don't think Rick and Morty is ruined though, there were some decent jokes in both episodes and they just need to tweak a few things to get it back on track.
>>
I didn't understand why everyone was so upset about the Pickle Rick concept at first, because I thought it was just a promo, when they were doing that whole blitz of ads in different styles. I thought the joke was how stupid of an idea for an episode Pickle Rick was, and thought the ad was actually clever and funny. Then I found out it was going to be a real episode, and I got what everyone was so upset about.
>>
>>86011266
Your thinking patterns sound like those of a woman.
>>
>>86022976
And tell me, what was the conclusion of that episode? Them agreeing on the fact that they should divorce as soon as Morty get into college.
The love might be real, but the relationship is clearly disfunctional, and it directly leads Jerry and Beth to mediocrity and weakness: wether their feelimgs are genuine is irrelevant, for this is the conclusion.

>Monster Beth states that she desires an army of Jerries. It also shows monster Beth and Jerry working together to cause havoc.
Exploitation and cult-like adoration are not pros in a marriage. That event was seen as catastrophic by the actual therapists, for both practical and medical reasons.
>>
>Susan Sarandon

Why do animated shows insist on getting guests who can't voice act?

Almost as bad as Elon Musk on the simpsons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bxm6o6K1Xo
>>
>>86021572
Someone gives this man reddit gold !!!
>>
>>86022425
>Knocking dicks off

are they even hiding their degenerate femminist agenda at this point ?
>>
>>86023116
Neither Beth or Jerry are actual therapists. And I literally, literally just watched the last few minutes of the episode in question. Goddess Beth kills the monster and releases regular Beth. She then tells Jerry she loves him. A bit later, when Rick picks them both up Jerry asks if she wants to keep their relationship going while the two of them hold each other. Beth smiles at Jerry and says "At least until Morty is out of highschool" and then they kiss, passionately.

Thats not a difinitive "This relationship ends the second Morty is an adult" its a wary step in to the future, together. She decides to stay the course with him, at least until Morty is out of Highschool.
>>
>>86023434
Kek
>>
>>86022235
>failing constantly
>being autistic
do you not know what 4chan is?
>>
>>86022948
>tells others about how valid their opinions are
>his opinion is "muh womyn writers"
i wonder who jumped the shark here
>>
I miss roiland writing the show
>>
>>86022475
You're either a millennial or embarrassingly old to be on 4chan
>>
>>86010130
she was perfectly in character, she has huge daddy issues and doesn't want him to abandon her again, so she will act defensively against anyone who even implies Rick is fucking up the family
>>
>>86009954
>He reposts Facebook memez
>>
>>86023739
>embarrassingly old to be on 4chan

how old is that?
>>
File: IMG_0160.jpg (21KB, 323x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0160.jpg
21KB, 323x455px
>>86013338
Autism: the diagnosis
>>
Was hoping the episode would be shit so I could meme on it
But the John Wick fights were too good to hate on
>>
>>86009543
the ridiculousness and delivery of every line made it feel like a joke, I loved it. Especially in the beginning, when Rick is laughing between his words, I could almost see the voice actor trying to contain himself
Honestly without the voice acting I don't think this show would've been successful
>>
muh family problems
who gives a shit you divorced fuck, gives us some jokes
>>
File: 1491336702805.jpg (19KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1491336702805.jpg
19KB, 222x293px
>>86012804
> i hate myself and life so others aren't allowed to enjoy anything: the post

the fact that someones hat some stupid popular show so much that he seriously wrote this dowm is astounding.
>>
>>86021343
Really hope Morty BTFO's beth eventually and mentions he's not her son and he's not even her father.
>>
IT

FUCKING

SUCKED
>>
>>86012804
Here's a (You), I hope it makes your life a little bit better.
>>
>>86018824
>kids these days, always on their PSPs and gameboys
>kids these days, always on their MP3s
>kids these days, always with their CD players and walkmans
fuck off grandpa
>>
File: umVbf.png (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
umVbf.png
192KB, 1920x1080px
>>86012804
>all these booty blasted replies

great shit
>>
>>86020692
Ya my bad it's 65% (just looked it up)
>>
>>86021055
the therapist didn't seem to care that rick was able to turn himself into a pickle
>>
>>86024390
Here you go bro
>>
>>86024408
chad and co plow all the 50% girls except some fatties.
>>
Is no one gonna mention that Danny Trejo was a guest in this episode?
>>
>>86024011
any age over 12
>>
>>86012804
Reddit on watch
>>
File: fighting for autism.png (515KB, 516x518px) Image search: [Google]
fighting for autism.png
515KB, 516x518px
>>86021337
>little girls pretend their barbies turn themselves into vegetables and then eviscerate small animals to rebuild themselves $6 million man style
>>
>>86009520
I can see why they took 2 years to produce this, they wanted to reap on product sales before they revealed that all they had left was shit. I would have rather seen roiland produce another episode of the Cosby clones and get sued than watch another filler episode without any substance.
>>
File: e-qualitywriter.png (240KB, 597x872px) Image search: [Google]
e-qualitywriter.png
240KB, 597x872px
>>86009478
Have a look at the writers twitter. It will be no surprise as to why this episode was as garbage as it was. That whole "not enough womyn in adult swim" thing rekt R&M.
>>
>>86025161
>filler episode
>substance
this isn't a drama series you goddamned retard
>>
You guys are autists, there was nothing wrong with the episode. It organically meshes with the rest of the episodes. No shark has been jumped. The "Show Me What You Got" episode was worse than this one.
>>
File: 1469831192817.jpg (45KB, 670x472px) Image search: [Google]
1469831192817.jpg
45KB, 670x472px
>>86009954
>>
My main gripe with R&M is that the direction is so lacking. When Rick goes about murdering dozens of rats and then armed guards there's no weight or tension behind it. It's so choreographed it comes off more like an intricate stage dance than a life or death struggle.
>>
>>86024450
Which was funny and classic R&M subtle misdirection, but autists are triggered just because the psychologist was able to hold her own with Rick in snide deconstructing monologuing.
>>
>>86025490
How does it organically mesh with the other episodes anon? The helter-skelter story telling? The bizarre pacing? The pointless violence? The over-arching plot being unfulfilling, with nothing gained lost OR learned.

We already know Beth has daddy issues, we already know Morty and Summer aren';t taking the divorce well, that was established last episode. We already know Beth is uncertain about the divorce, that was established last episode.

This episode served no purpose other then to test-fire a new writer who burned up fast.
>>
File: kDbvUQXyphvSs9fTBXangBtE8Qu.jpg (112KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
kDbvUQXyphvSs9fTBXangBtE8Qu.jpg
112KB, 1000x563px
i thought the show jumped the shark at S1Ep7

the opening scene was good but the show went downhill fast
>>
>>86025669
This, exactly. The fighting with the Federation was amazing because over the course of two seasons the plot was established with decently fleshed out characters allowing for betrayal and tension as characters we know are taken down, show off hidden power and are shown to be vulnerable.
>>
>>86010526
>our characters
You have to go back.
>>
>>86012804
>ywn be so autistic that you spend your time writing essays just to shitpost
>>
>>86025295
you go girl! sarandon's slap down on smartass rick was a victory for feminists everywhere!
women are soooo awesome. so smart and strong.
>>
>>86025766
All these gripes you have issues with have already happened in past episodes. I didn't hear anyone complaining about the constant 'Beth and Jerry trying to make it work' subplots in the past.

How was the story telling helter-skelter? It seemed to follow the same pattern as past episodes? How was the pacing out of the ordinary at all? Pointless violence? Really? Are we forgetting the Purge episode?

I'm seriously baffled with you guys right now. Please don't tell me this is honestly just hate for the woman writer, that's the only conclusion I can come up with right now. Really fucking lame if that's the case.
>>
>>86011415
delete this
>>
>>86009478
>How did pickle rick open the toilet door?

>How did the boring psychotherapist know it was rats blood?

>Why did rick make that machine to capture rats out of rats? and how long did it take him to make it? was the therapist session 6 hours long?

>Why didn't rick just make some more anti pickle serum in his garage at home?

>How did jaguar end up in what obviously looks like a different dimension?

>Why didn't the garage killbots take out the cat?

>Why am I losing all faith that this show will ever be good again?

>Where did rick get two broken usb things in the sewers?

>Where did rick get the razor blades from in the sewers?

>Why weren't all the sewers flooded from the torrential rain?

>Why would rick give a shit about recycling?
>>
>>86026152
woman or not the writing is fucking terrible. it lacks the balance of absurdity and coherence, we'll never see an episode as good as rixty minutes again.

and no i didn't like beth and jerry's bullshit in prior seasons either. i blame harmon for this more than anything, we could all see the direction change at the end of season 2.
>>
>>86020161
this is actually the best post in the thread desu
>>
File: 1493116007422.jpg (18KB, 364x350px) Image search: [Google]
1493116007422.jpg
18KB, 364x350px
>tfw Morty is a beta virgin loser idiot cuck and yet he's killed lots of cute girls
>>
>>86026445
*kissed
sorry. freudian slip
>>
>>86025295
>proudest script of my life

jesus
>>
>>86020161
sums up my feelings
and i don't like additional writers period because they change the fucking show
>>
File: 5618746543.png (342KB, 721x678px) Image search: [Google]
5618746543.png
342KB, 721x678px
>>86026387
That's not fair, Rixty Minutes is arguable the best episode with many others falling very short of how good it is. This seems to be more frustration over lack of more of the 'good stuff' as opposed to actual dissatisfaction with the new episodes. And that comment is meant to attack or hurt you in any way, anon.
>>
File: 1501938058464.png (868KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501938058464.png
868KB, 554x400px
PICKLE RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

EVERYBODY GUNNA HAVE A GOOOD TIME

PICKLE RICKERS MAKE YOU LOOOOSE YOUR MIND
>>
>>86020161
It stopped being simply about wacky adventures at episode 6, but you guys sure still loved it past that point.
>>
>>86026152
Im not complaining about the Beth and Jerry trying to make it work subplots. There weren't that many and they were okay overall.

The story telling is helter skelter in that it jumps from a super serious, mostly calm conversation with a therapist, Beth, Morty and Summer and their families issues to wacky PICKLE RIIIIICK murdering RATS in the SEWWW ERRRRS YEAH.

>Pointless Violence? Really?
An episode dedicated to pointless violence and the story there within is not pointless in itself.

Murderfucking a few dozen rats in a sewer to then go on and murderfuck a few russian guys in an embassy for no reason other then I TURNED MYSELF IN TO A PICKLE YEAAAH is just dumb. It served no purpose to the story. Maybe it could have paid off with Rick realizing he isn't taking the family splintering apart well and killing is how he takes the edge off but no, thats not where we go at all. Instead we end with Rick being talked at for a few minutes, nothing of value being gained and Beth and Rick going off to start drinking.
>Please don't tell me this is honestly just hate for the woman writer.
Shit writing is shit writing. Just so happens the writer was a woman.
I fucking despise the new covenant movie and that was made by a man if that assuages your feefees a little.

Also, Gao. Don't be so obvious.
>>
>>86026682
It honestly wasn't as meme-y as I thought it was gonna be.
>>
>>86009920
>heard the female writers were pushing the divorced family problems angle hard

Where?
>>
>>86026755
>Im not complaining about the Beth and Jerry trying to make it work subplots. There weren't that many and they were okay overall.
There have been two episodes regarding the divorce, there has been more episodes with 'Beth and Jerry try to make it work' subplots is the point I'm trying to make.
>The story telling is helter skelter in that it jumps from a super serious, mostly calm conversation with a therapist, Beth, Morty and Summer and their families issues to wacky PICKLE RIIIIICK murdering RATS in the SEWWW ERRRRS YEAH.
This is simply cherry-picking, and a non-issue. If anything it makes sense to have contrasting subplots. Are you expecting two action-packed subplots? Rick and Morty has always been know for it's dialogue, I don't see the issue with the therapy subplot. It payed off at the end too.
>An episode dedicated to pointless violence and the story there within is not pointless in itself.
It's not dedicated to violence? You even addressed the contrast of sublplots yourself. Calm and action, like you said. But I will give you the point of Ricks subplot not amounting to anything, but this is an episode within a series which has a random space tv episode every season. So...
>Murderfucking a few dozen rats in a sewer to then go on and murderfuck a few russian guys in an embassy for no reason other then I TURNED MYSELF IN TO A PICKLE YEAAAH is just dumb.
It's just another case of Rick walking into a zany situation, this is nothing new to the series. See the purge episode and many other.
>>
>>86026761
*burp* I TURNED MYSELF INTO A MEME MORTY
>>
>>86027011
>Its not dedicated to violence?
The Purge episode is what I was talking about. The Beth subplot ALSO amounted to nothing. This was an eisode of nothing.
So...

Theres nothing zany about rats in a sewer.
>>
>>86027173
>Theres nothing zany about rats in a sewer.
You're minimizing. The whole series of events that transpired from the point of him being a pickle is in fact "zany", sir.

And I'll also like to add that the divorce plot is obviously something they're setting up as an over-arching theme for the season, but I can't wait to see everyone bitch and moan as if it's not to be expected.

You guys are reaching for gripes, seriously. It wasn't an amazing episode, but it's not out of sequence with the prior ones. Hell, last week everyone was bitching because Summer had a bigger role in the episode. Calling it "Rick & Summer", this is almost surreal watching board opinions shift to hate for a past beloved show because it's reached meme status for normies in real-time. It's like seeing a rare animal for me right now. You guys are lame.
>>
>>86011717
You sound like a cuck
>>
>>86027415
Why the FUCKING HELL would you go from fighting and overthrowing a galactic government to two fucksticks getting a divorce? People aren't complaining and bitching because its not expected. They are complaining because THEY ARE expecting it.I personally fucking hate the direction the show is going in. Bring back Rick and Morty going on adventures and HAVING A GOOD TIME DOING IT. Not sad stories about a family splitting to pieces, children dealing with abandonment issues, both of them seem to blame Jerry when Beth is just as much to blame for the split. Fucking family therapy has no place in Rick and Morty.
>>
>>86027415
Im not reaching for anything here. I am just angry that this show has nose-dived after the first episode. I haven't even mentioned episode 2 even though it was basic as shit.
>>
File: 1496654252000.jpg (44KB, 600x692px) Image search: [Google]
1496654252000.jpg
44KB, 600x692px
>>86027011
Gao pls go
>>
File: 4567890.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
4567890.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
>>86009478
>>86009543
lol typical
it's okay anons, you have to be inteligent to understand some of this shows humor
>>
File: 1474134258576.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474134258576.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
i like the show but these threads are even better
>>
>>86011899
>not understanding obvious bait
god /tv/ is filled with such fucking retards
>>
>>86027011
>Using the word zany unironically
S H I T W R I T E R
>>
>>86027877
You should have stopped liking Rick and Morty a long time ago if these are genuinely your issues with the show.
>>
>>86027918
I disagree. I would say episodes 2 and 3 are in the lower echelon of R&M episodes, but saying the show is nosediving is extreme and unwarranted. Every season has had highs and lows, we're not even half-way through this one. Stop being such drama queens and getting so triggered easily.
>>
I like rick and Morty, but I absolutely love that people watch it just to hate on it
>>
>>86028059
Really? Can you explain that further?
>>
>>86028129
Nothing is like Tim and Eric, friendo.
>>
>>86028129
R&m is nothing like Tim & Eric
>>
File: 1501880381255.png (555KB, 760x763px) Image search: [Google]
1501880381255.png
555KB, 760x763px
>>86009695
>>
File: 1497454437629.gif (292KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497454437629.gif
292KB, 480x320px
>>86009478
What did Rick mean when right before the opening credits he told Morty that 9-11 was an inside job?
>>
I don't understand the whole shitting on jerry thing
>>
>>86028361
they hate males
>>
File: white privilege.png (194KB, 608x379px) Image search: [Google]
white privilege.png
194KB, 608x379px
ITS A CONSPIRACY GOY
>>
File: 1501863915968.png (79KB, 589x639px) Image search: [Google]
1501863915968.png
79KB, 589x639px
>>86028405
>>
>>86028198
Because your issues are nothing new to the series. There have always been subplots devoted the the stability of their family in tandem with wacky space adventures. The direction hasn't changed at all. The episodes simply vary in quality and you guys are behaving like babies because every one can't be Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind. I would say the season 1 finale is easily the worst in the series and further from the heart and soul of the show than any other.
>>
>>86026665
>That's not fair, Rixty Minutes is arguable the best episode with many others falling very short of how good it is
I take this back, I got my episodes confused. Rixty Minutes is just okay.
>>
>>86028207
Good for a poke.
>>
Rick and Morty was never funny.
>>
>>86009478
>>86009501
>>86009520
>>86009573
rick and morty was never, ever even remotely good and you people need to fuck off of 4chan
>>
>>86028617
Poor baby's super kewl secret club is getting shit on by different opinions. You fucking scumbag.
>>
>>86025746
"Hold her own"? It was a waste of time. If a viewer doesn't already naturally know the things that she's saying, I don't know why they intended to watch the program. Why would you want to hear a monologue reiterating something that you already know and that the characters already know?
>>
>>86028737
it's not different opinions. It's exclusively opinions that are from underage retarded manchildren. rick and morty is on the same tier as big bang theory. it is not witty, it is not funny, it is not deep or meaningful in any way. it's even worse than fucking family guy because at least the original couple seasons of that show can make people laugh

rick and morty is for the lowest of the low. it's vile shit. fuck you
>>
>>86028617
>>
1. jerry is missing
2. rick had a solo adventre that was pretty stupid and did not really fit the tone
>>
>>86028430
They've always been sub-plots.
SUB plots.
This divorce crap is setting up to be the over-arching theme of the arc/season and its shit. Its just shit. Plain and simple. Whats worse is that now the backlash is building at the poor writing and even poorer choice in direction, it'll be even worse if RnM 180's and drops the divorce sub-plot or quickly resolves it.

Yall fuckers wrote yourself in to a corner and you can't magic your way out of it or it'll be a slap in the face to the audience.
>>
>>86022425
>the entire sequence with morty finding rick in his pickle state
something like 10 seconds of that entire conversation was some variation of 'pickle' 'rick' and a laugh or a burp. that and the therapy session was just boring as all hell (I DONT EAT POOP HAHA). The violence was great, as always, and the lines between rick and jaguar were somewhat funny
>ive never died
>that'll be your downfall, not open to new experiences!

literally couldn't believe this was rick and morty, then i saw who wrote it. it will always be true that when you hire for diversity, you literally dilute the pool of talent because the best of the best are not hired thanks to a person's clam or melanin.
>>
>>86028816
Rick and Morty is shit, I think that's the joke but that's beside the point it's you coming along being a little bitch about some retards yapping about some cartoon based on a thread started by the marketing team of RnM
>>
>>86025055
You sound like a viral marketeer.
"Woah this episode is ker-razy!!! It's not just about a lame divorce but also about him CHANGING INTO A PICKLE, it's totally rAnDoM. But the divorce part is really well handled and I'm excited to see whether they really do divorce and if Beth finds a new husband, then maybe Rick should pay more attention to his daughter, lol"
>>
>>86028430
My issues are not new to the series stop saying that. The family sub-plot has always been about the family trying to stay together. They love one another and it is shown in scenes throughout the seasons even if their family is a tad dysfunctional.

This new overarching story is about the family fracturing and learning how to cope with that. However it's being done in a honestly pretty poor way. Laying all the blame on Jerry, outright having a ghost voice calling him a Loser twice in an episode. Having him act like a dick to Summer when she goes to visit him.

Jerry was the slimy goo that held them together. He was easy to pick on and was the family punching bag because he could take it. Now he is gone because Rick forced him out and Beth took Ricks side. Rick was laughing about it in Episode 1. Now he's gone and rather then focus on JERRY and HIS arc as he struggles to re-unite with his family as a man, we focus on the family all blaming Jerry.
Fuck off.
>>
>>86028167
>Episode 2 is bad
>Episode 3 is worse.
>On a curvature scale of badness, thats a line going DOWN anon.

Saying every season has highs and lows if fair. However, two trash episodes in a row, right at the beginning of the season, really only speaks poorly of what is to come. After all, you lead with your best.
>>
>>86029389
And finales are traditionally high points, yet season one's was complete trash. Don't get so absorbed into this.
>>
>>86029068
Having a Chinese woman wasn't enough.
They should have a disabled lesbian african muslim woman in full ghost-garb.

Chinese women comedians are almost too funny, I laughed for about 10-20 minutes when I read she'd knock our dicks off, although I did find it offensive because it implies all viewers are male, when 51% are females from minority races. But then again she is chinese so she can't be racist also she said she was general mao like the chinese president is now.
>>
>>86009478
Wow.....Dr Wong actually managed to talk Rick down. That's something........ no one in this show has been able to do
>>
>>86009478
Are these guys jews? I understand jews have a fascination with toilet humor... So what is the reason behind their obsession with things like shitting on the floor, and eating poop?
>>
>>86029218
Jerry is pathetic, Beth needs a real man.
Beth's next boyfriend will be a jewish black man who kills jerry and everyone thanks him for it.
I've already tweeted my idea to the wymhn writers.
>>
>>86029496
You say that as if you think this shit is real.
>>
>>86029218
>My issues are not new to the series stop saying that.
I will continue to say so since it's true.

>The family sub-plot has always been about the family trying to stay together. They love one another and it is shown in scenes throughout the seasons even if their family is a tad dysfunctional.
Yeah, and if they kept doing it and went nowhere with it, you'd be bitching about that. It led to a critical point and this season is the aftermath. If you don't like the new overarching theme, fine, your prerogative, but let's not be so dramatic saying the entire series is nosediving and such. You haven't even given it a chance to unfold.

>Jerry as the slimy goo that held them together. He was easy to pick on and was the family punching bag because he could take it. Now he is gone because Rick forced him out and Beth took Ricks side. Rick was laughing about it in Episode 1.
"Waaaaaaaah, I miss Jerry, this show is shit, WAAAAAAAAH!"

>Now he's gone and rather then focus on JERRY and HIS arc as he struggles to re-unite with his family as a man, we focus on the family all blaming Jerry.
Do you seriously not expect a Jerry-centric episode in the future? You bring new meaning to jumping the gun. Why do you want the show to be shit so badly? You're gonna watch it anyways, you masochist.

>Fuck off.
No
>>
>>86029465
Season one finale wasn't trash go fuck yourself you shill dog.

>>86029573
Kek'd
>>
>>86029011
And Beth and Jerry trying to make it work dominated TWO seasons. Story cherry-picking or at least be consistent with your issues with the show.
>>
>>86029683
>My opinion is that your issue isn't what you say it is so I am going to keep saying it
Yeah you're a cunt

>Lets not get hasty
Lets not devolve to shitty writing how about that?

>Crying about me crying
Yeah thats cool

>Expecting anyone to want or expect a Jerry-centric episode after the show calls him a loser through a disembodied voice.
No. It's real clear that the current writers won't do a Jerry arc well at all.
>>
>>86029708
Durrr Abradolf Lincler, so EPIC ftw!

You're reddit trash
>>
>>86029832
>No. It's real clear that the current writers won't do a Jerry arc well at all.
You are such a drama queen, anon. Keep battling you inner autistic demons. I'll be enjoying the show.
>>
>>86029726
It didn't dominate anything you inanimate dog turd. Rick and Morty dominated. It was a show about them and their adventures and the craziness of the universe they exist in. Any episode that had elements of family drama was set in an outlandish, colourful and bizarre backdrop. The last two episodes have been a desert and an office with a writers self-insert talking down to the characters.
>>
>>86029903
>I win goodbye
K

>>86029840
Nigger what? Who gives a fuck about him.
>>
>>86029683
and here we see gao defending her top quality script
>>
>>86029613
It's real to me muthafuckaaaaa ya i'm pickle riiiiick!!
>>
>>86030650
This board is 18+
>>
>>86018986
if you actually believe this youre either a shill or retarded. I've watched this board descend into /pol/ lite over the past 3 years pretty much unimpeded. only recently has there started to be pushback. the only boards that repelled the /pol/ raids were actual liberal cesspools like /mu/ and /lit/, but this board is filled with angry impressionable teenagers and young adults who love narratives and counterculture without thinking for themselves. It fell quickly
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.