[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Katana's introduction is brilliant.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: this is katana.jpg (88KB, 807x681px) Image search: [Google]
this is katana.jpg
88KB, 807x681px
https://youtu.be/g_fuSafcGlg
I pity plebs that can't interpret subtext and visual cues:

>Katana boards
>Flagg asks her where she was, in English
>Katana says "I was busy" in Japanese

Katana doesn't reply in English...indicating she might not be comfortable with her pronunciation and grasp. Additionally, replying in Japanese is useful as a low-level secret code with Flagg.

>Flagg instantly launches into a rundown of how badass she is
>Cut to Deadshot, not looking impressed in the slightest
>As Flagg gets to her Soultaker sword, we again see his SRSLY expression, not believing this supernatural bullshit at all, interrupted by Harley extending her hand
>Harley greets, then insults Katana and starts snickering

Despite her ditzy blond demeanor, its easy to forget that Harley had a life before The Joker, including a medical degree and the upscale culture attached to that achievement. She may even know how to speak Japanese.

>Katana asks Flagg if she should kill them
>Flagg answers in the negative

Fans of the Netflix series Narcos will understand the reference...it was common practice during "dirty wars" in South America and elsewhere to kill captives by taking them on a helicopter ride, then ditching the bodies overboard, alive or dead (and yes, this is also referenced in TDKR, starring CIA).

>Harley turns to the oblivious El Diablo "She seems nice!"

Confirming that she does speak Japanese, but that she's insane enough to find the peril presented as humorous.

From this exchange, we can glean the following character traits:

>Katana is violent, but vulnerable (this comes up later in the movie, as she breaks down in tears over the hopelessness of the mission)
>Deadshot, at this point, has a materialistic worldview, given his reaction to Flagg's Soultaker breakdown
>Both Flagg and Katana have done Wet Work for the government
>Harley is both smarter than she lets on, but also reckless

Now, stop using this scene as a demonstration of the movie's failings.
>>
File: Boardwalk bop.gif (3MB, 252x263px) Image search: [Google]
Boardwalk bop.gif
3MB, 252x263px
>>
Not sure what is this but I am saving this as a future pasta.
>>
Rothfuss is awesome.
>>
Actually decent analysis senpai
>>
>>85994093
Thanks! Suicide Squad actually had a lot of thought put into it if you have an eye for subtlety.
>>
>>85993757
Yeah, based Rothfuss.
>>
File: katana qt.webm (2MB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
katana qt.webm
2MB, 640x800px
>>
>>85994196
>>85994093
>>85993048
painfully obvious samefag, fucking pathetic
>>
Awful mess of a movie
And yet...still better than Civil War

How did DCEU do it?
>>
>>85993048
>its easy to forget that Harley had a life before The Joker, including a medical degree and the upscale culture attached to that achievement
Harley Quinn canonically fucked her teacher to get her degree iirc
>>
>>85995115
Asian women are literally white men's kryptonite.
>>
>>85993048
Thanks OP, next time I see one of those sperg wall of texts about BvS trying to turn nothing into something, I'll think of you out there seeing right through it and I'll feel okay.
>>
>>85993048
i might actually watch this film now. thanks for the analysis.
>>
saved for anyone who wants it for meme and/or pasta reasons
>>
>>85995320
Enjoy! It's honestly one of David Ayer's best works, and that's saying something.
>>
>>85995252
I don't argue with that. They're so damn cute, I can't help myself.
>>
>>85995115
damn son

>tfw she will never be yours
>>
>>85995354
>that filename
I get the feeling I know where you're going to post this.
>>
tHiS Is kAtAnA! sHe's gOt mY BaCk! I WoUlD AdViSe nOt gEtTiNg kIlLeD By hEr! HeR SwOrD TrApS ThE SoULS Of iTs vIcTiMs!
>>
>>85995411
what? r/4chan? no way. I label all of my 4cham screencaps like that
>>
>>85995252
They're ugly as shit without surgery and all that makeup on.
>>
>>85995802
>without surgery
good meme
>>
>>85995767
Alright, that's good to know. So you don't mind if I do it, then?
>>
>>85993048
THIS IS KATANA. SHE'S GOT MY BACK. I WOULD ADVISE NOT GETTING KILLED BY HER. HER SWORD TRAPS THE SOULS OF ITS VICTIMS.
>>
>>85995201
I can believe that
Who the fuck walks into a session with the Joker thinking some tiny stuffed cat is going to make a fucking difference?
>>
>>85995432
>>85995874
SHE CAN CUT YOU DOWN WITH ONE SWORD STROKE LIKE MOWING THE LAWN
>>
>>85995870
you can do it. I capped it for the purpose of sharing. I don't really care where you post it. so, yeah, post it on reddit or imgur or wherever you'd like
>>
>“I really like all the Warner Bros. movies,” Pratt said. “I think they’re really cool and I’m not a real tough critic on those movies. But one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Suicide Squad. They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.”

>"This is Katana," he added with a wry smile. "She's got my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her; her sword traps the souls of its victims."
>>
>>85993048
Lol, the entire movie was garbage.
>>
>>85993048

What does katana mean?
>>
>>85996130
Soul swallowing sword
>>
>>85993048
Not knowing any Japanese I can tell her pronunciation is fucking terrible.
>>
>>85996241
Knowing Japanese I can tell you it's fine. She's a native Japanese.

Americans get the wrong pronunciation in their heads all the time and then they think everything else is wrong because they're cocky Americans. I bet you think katsu is pronounce "cat sue."
>>
>>85993048
>a medical degree
>may even know how to speak japanese

wew lad
>>
THIS IS KATANA. SHE'S GOT MY BACK. I WOULD ADVISE NOT GETTING KILLED BY HER. HER SWORD TRAPS THE SOULS OF ITS VICTIMS.
>>
File: emojimovie.jpg (38KB, 800x579px) Image search: [Google]
emojimovie.jpg
38KB, 800x579px
Here's the thing though:

Why does Rick Flagg still want to fuck a meth addict magician when she could've just hooked up with a hotter Asian waifu that is LITERALLY RIGHT THERE???

I don't get it.
>>
watched that movie a few days ago
it was so laughably bad
it's embarrassing that this "movie" won an Oscar, even if it was for some retarded shit like make up.
>>
>>85996812
Did you not watch the scene? "She's got my back." As in, she provides the backside of the Flag sandwich in bed.
>>
>>85993048
>tfw no cow tit azn gf
>>
>>85993048
SHE C-CUT YOU
>>
>>85993048
>says i was busy in japanese
wow so complicated what an amazing cue to pick up on you fucking retard
>>
>>85997685
Fuck you.
>>
>>85997364
Uh,
What does that mean?
does she peg him?
>>
>>85999304
paul rudd mmhmm.jpg
>>
With her "katana."
>>
k-k-kino...?
>>
This is my katana.
>>
>>85993048
Hilarious impression of a delusional retard.
>>
>>86000286
>I am so much of a brainlet that Suicide Squad was too deep for me.
>>
>>86000332
David Ayer is fantastic though, isn't he?
>>
>>85994093
Kino
>>
>>85995252
*cute Asian women
>>
>>86000392
Indeed. Training Day is amazing.
>>
What?
>>
File: 1501931823709.jpg (33KB, 227x750px) Image search: [Google]
1501931823709.jpg
33KB, 227x750px
>>85994196

>>85994196
>subtly

Hilarious.
>>
>>85993273
>Not knowing this is pasta
>>
This is Rick. I would advise not getting pickled by him.
>>
>>85993048
So, that's it huh?
We're some kinda... Suicide Squad?
>>
File: chris_evans_suicide_squad.webm (140KB, 700x376px) Image search: [Google]
chris_evans_suicide_squad.webm
140KB, 700x376px
>>85993048
>>
Jubeat.
>>
EVANS
>>
>>85995170
>that is what butthurt DCucks actually believe
>>
>>86008424
Moron
>>
>>86008644
Is that it?DCucks already give up with the bantz?
Sad!
>>
>>86008811
Idiot
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.