[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Star Wars ever good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: star wars logo.png (109KB, 2000x1207px) Image search: [Google]
star wars logo.png
109KB, 2000x1207px
Was Star Wars ever good?
>>
>>85991679
You tell me George.
>>
>>85991679
Original trilogy was great
Disney reboot is just milking manchildren for $$$
>>
>>85991679
Yes.
>>
4 > 5 >6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2
>>
its all nostalgia, there wasnt any good movie before 2005
>>
I only like the second knights of the old republic game. Everything else is shit
>>
the original trilogy was unironically the apex of the film movie format
>>
>>85991883
>>85991904
I disagree but badass game huh
>>
Star Wars was never good
>>
>>85991679
I used to be a fan of Star Wars, but as I've gotten older, I find that the best way to enjoy the franchise, personally, has been to pretend only the original movie exists. Yes, even though Empire was fantastic and Return was pretty good too.
The first movie hinted at a larger world that bad writers filled in dutifully, and eventually made boring.
>>
It was literally a passable movie that got made big due to nostolgia
>>
>>85991679
Yes, but it had major problems from ESB onward. Basically, by making Vader Luke's father, they destroyed Obi Wan's character, turning him from a wise old sage into a bizarre lying scumbag.
>>
File: 1499991918311.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1499991918311.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>85991883
>>
>>85992100
>>85991883
>t. Anons either too young to remember Star Wars in its prime or just being contrarian

Summer is almost over...
>>
>>85991853
This is correct.
>>
>>85992100
This is a lie. The first movie was a hit. It came out during a pretty bad year for movies and it was popular it stayed in theaters for months.

Learn what you're talking about.
>>
4 > 5=6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1=2=3 > 7
I was younger once and thought that 5 > 4, but I realized eventually that 5 just has a great Luke-Vader fight but the rest of the movie isn't better than 4.
>>
>>85991853
>7 over 3 or even 1
>>
No, it was never good. All those millions of people who like it are wrong.
>>
>ANH
decent
>ESB
great
>RotJ
garbage
>PM
garbage
>AoT
garbage
>RotS
enjoyable garbage
>TFA
garbage
>RO
hollywood tax writeoff tier

Two good movies in the entire franchise.
>>
>>85992752
rots could have been so much better, real shame. I actually really enjoyed some parts of it.
>>
>>85992661
It's objectively better than any of the prequels.
>>
>>85992752
I sat down and watched some of the scenes from RO last night in boredom and couldn't help but be shocked by how fucking cheap it felt. All of the effects, the CGI admiral ackbar, it was just god awful, and don't get me started on the fucking star destroyer ramming tactic cause apparently the edges of a star destroyer are made of 100000x folded japanese durasteel while the superstructure is cardboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o

this still looks ten times better than the cheap CGI clusterfuck of RO
>>
>>85993665
It really is amazing how good they made it look 34 years ago. Beautiful.
>>
>>85993736

All film is 12k, we're not even close to it yet
>>
>>85993665
Masterful directing and editing to be fair, its only the ewoks with their massive plot armor that fuck up that movie
>>
>>85992236
Summer never ends, its just wave after wave of redditfags now. 4chan is lost.
>>
>>85991853
4 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 7

This is objective fact you fag.
>>
>>85993887
>3 > 6
You're not serious
>>
>>85993887
>including 7
Kill yourself
>>
>>85993862
If Lucas didn't cheap out and made enough Wookiee outfits to use Wookiees like he originally planned nobody would have had a problem with anything in the film. The ending is a little janky but the editing mostly saved it, TPM was where the ending cutting was just obnoxious.

Honestly I've listened to him arguing for the ewoks and I kind of agree in principle, the entire point was to show that even the meek and small can win when they're fighting for a righteous cause against evil and ewoks accomplished that better than wookiees did. But it's hard to get past them killing stormtroopers with rocks.
>>
No. It's shit tier tripe that appeals to "nerds" by which I mean low IQ autistic people. There marketing budget is offence I'm 26 and I saw for the first time in my life an advertisement on a pack of fresh oranges featuring the new R2D2. The kikes have gone too far.
>>
Not really
>>
5 > 4 > R1 > 6 = 7 > 3 > 2 > 1
>>
Remember all the resistors who ranked tfa as 3rd?
>>
>>85995017
Kill yourself
>>
IV=V>VI>III>I>II>Literal dogshit>Disney fanfiction

This is the objective ranking, anyone who disagrees is a mouse shill
>>
OP raises an interesting question. Was it ever good? Hmmm. Not in the way we normally think of "good." In it's day it was unique and operatic and in it's own way ostentatious.
>>
>>85991904
i liked outcast and academy as well as kotor 1 and 2. kotor one is boring though. i also liked jedi power battles and battlefront 2.
>>
5>3>4>1>R1>2>6>7
>>
>>85991679
the original trilogy and phantom menace.
>>
>>85991679
It was fun to watch as a child.
>>
>>85992752
This.
>>
5 > 6 > 4 > R1 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2.
>>
>>85993887
This is true, even if you just can't admit it.
One thing I have to kbow though:
what were people expecting from the prequels? Rebels fighting the empire? Ragtag team of Jedi's doing stuff on a small scale?
Oh yeah, scale?
Were people expecting a series of small loosely connected movies? I can't figure it out. Even myself, I was 14 when it came out and I really didn't kbow what to expect before I saw it. Didn't know how to feel afterwards and still don't know how to feel. It's mixed bag of emotions, but nobe of them are seething, unadulterated, venomous hate. Someone help me out here. Don't tell me all the tired hate, just your expectations BEFORE you saw it, or the trailer.
>guess I'm asking the pre-90's kids here. Don't mean to exclude anyone, but you weren't THERE, man. And I generally don't trust kids' opinions on certain things. Though I have been surprised by the lil shits before. Met some astute kids.)
>>
4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 1

But, in reality:

6 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 7 > 2 > 1
>>
>>85996838
R1 is not related to the main story. Plot/Narrative is bad. Vader hallway scene saved it. Sits on its own for now.
>>
5>>4>7>6>2>3>1
>>
Yes, between 1977 and 1997
>>
>>85992650
4>5>6 ending>6 everything else=3>>>>>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7
>>
File: 1500177828924.gif (526KB, 274x206px) Image search: [Google]
1500177828924.gif
526KB, 274x206px
>>85996816
Alright, it's been an hour and nothing?
Really?
Really??
Not one person can come up with an answer?
It's Star Wars, people.
We're coming up on the 20 year anniversary of a solid hate streak......
Alright, I'll check back in a bit. An hour may not've been enough time.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.