[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGS movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

They should make MGS3 instead of MGS. much better story. also Evans isnt a bad looking naked snake.
>>
>>85978482
>MGS
Noone knows what the fuck that is
>>
>>85978572
You haven't been on the internet very long, have you?
>>
Isn't the guy that directed Kong:Skull Island working on it?
>>
>>85978572
Are you retarded?
>>
>>85978482
Alright so he has a beard, so he's not solid snake. He's smoking a cigarette, so he's not Big Boss. He has no eyepatch or horn, so he's not Venom Snake. He has brown hair, so he's not liquid or Solidus.
So who the fuck was he supposed to look like, according to whoever made this shitty pic?
>>
>>85978572
Back to Buzzfeed
>>
>>85978773
obi wan
>>
>>85978773
that's steve rogers
>>
>>85978773
there's like 5 or 6 bb clones we know nothing about iirc

characters say all but liquid and solid died but thats consistently proven false over and over every single game, so itd be a fresh plot with new characters for sure
>>
They should just not make an MGS movie.
>>
>>85978572
Only you don't know that actually
I hope your rock is comfy
>>
A few years ago, before the release of MGSV kojima announced an upcoming MGS movie. Whatever the fuck happened with that?
>>
>>85978773
Captain America in Infinity War?
>>
>>85978678
Yes, he interviewed Kojima at E3 this year.
>>
>you will never see Robin Wright as The Boss
>>
>>85978885
>there's like 5 or 6 bb clones we know nothing about iirc
Oh we know they didn't survive their infancy, we know plenty about those.
>>
>>85979119
why are we still here?
>>
>>85978885

>ywn be this retarded

Feels good, lads
>>
>>85978632
He's kinda right. MGS is on the same level of popularity as Bioshock or Zelda. Outside of gamers no one know what is it about
>>
>>85978889
But they did, it was called MGS 4 and it was horrible.
>>
File: mnlmr7sde04z[1].png (3MB, 1919x1080px)
mnlmr7sde04z[1].png
3MB, 1919x1080px
>>85979005
Still happening, Jordan Vogt-Roberts is directing and he talked about it at E3. He was also wearing this jacket. What did he mean by it?
>>
Metal Gear Solid 3 is better than a movie though
>>
>>85978773
naked snake
>>
>>85979222
I don't play videogames and I know what it is
You have no excuse especially when the /v/ cancer infects every board with it
>>
>>85978482
MGS3 is just a shitty version of James Bond, with the addition of a cast of radio buddies that he can quip with. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake would make the perfect action film.
>>
>>85979273
MGS3 is probably the only game in the series that could be turned into a movie. It has the least amount of bloated bullshit.
>>
>>85979290
Naked Snake didn't smoke cigarettes, faggot.
>>
>>85979315
>protagonist is a whiny faggot

flop
>>
>>85979222
Everyone under the age of 60 knows what Zelda is what third world shithole are you from?
>>
>>85979315
> Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake would make the perfect action film.

But it was a Rambo 2/3 rip off like most japanese videogames ripped off hollywood movies back then
>>
>>85979336
metal gear, and MGS are the only good metal gear games. they are also the only 2 i have played, coincidentally
>>
>>85979336
MGS1 is pretty contained as well, seeing as it's written knowing none of it's audience likely played the previous 2 games and outright retcons them.

MGS2 is probably the least filmable, even over 4
>>
>>85978632
>>85978731
>>85978798
>>85978909
Seriously ask any normie
1% is being gracious
I remember play MG on NES
>>
>>85979422
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a great game, Metal Gear is a broken piece of shit.
>>
>>85979431
>MGS2 is probably the least filmable

I agree, on the basis that MGS 2 intentionally being a retread of MGS would go over the heads of nearly everyone.

>>85979336
>series of movies disguised as games only has one entry that could be made into a movie

???
>>
>>85979470
You say it lile it's a ridiculous idea for a /tv/ thread that no one will discuss, we're not that full of normies yet
>>
>>85978482
Idris Elba as Solid Snake
>>
>>85979724
samuel l jackson as huge chief
>>
Is there a naked picture of Snake ?
I need for my workout
>>
>>85979431
MGS still contains a summary of what happened in the first two games. And even though MGS was the first one I played, I never felt like there was a real connection between Solid and Liquid. They're clones of the same man, but you've never met this man before and the two clones had never met each other before this incident. Also Cyborg Ninja's death would have had a much bigger impact on me if I was familiar with Grey Fox from the previous game.

If they are going to turn the Metal Gear series into films, they should do it chronologically (start with MGS3) or do it based on release order (start with MG1). Since the original Metal Gear had a fairly basic story, they could combine the stories of the two MSX games in the first film.
>>
>>85979852
Morgan Freeman as Eva.
>>
>>85979862
Speaking of, how is Venom Snakes left arm so buff when he can't even excerise it?

How does he get in shape in the nine days after fleeing a hospital
>>
>>85979724
Dane DeHaan as Raiden. Make MGS2 but turn it into a gay romance.
>>
>>85980064
>Also Cyborg Ninja's death would have had a much bigger impact on me
It's not about you, faggot.
>>
>>85980108
Of course he can exercise it. Are you retarded?
As for the second question: Nanomachines.
>>
File: mgs is stupid.jpg (572KB, 593x4368px) Image search: [Google]
mgs is stupid.jpg
572KB, 593x4368px
>>85978482
No, they shouldn't.
>>
>>85980138
I, the player, am the one who is controlling Snake and causing him to do everything he does. So it actually is all about me.
>>
>>85980195
There's millions of other players, some of them familiar with the story, or who bothered to read the briefing files. It's never about you.
>>
>>85980180
Did the nurses come in and do dumbbell curls with his arm every other day for 9 years? How do you exercise while in a coma?
>>
>>85978482
>They should make MGS3 instead of MGS.
They should make MG1 and MG2 (Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land), all other stories are overcomplicated stuff. And if movies succed they should continue with MGS3 and maybe PW/TPP. The problem is if you start right away with MGS3, you basically kill the big "plot twist" of the entire franchise.
>>
>>85980360
Isn't the "big plot twist" with Venom in V?
>>
>>85980484
Technically yes, but I see that more like an asspull, than a real plot twist.
>>
ITT: buttblasted aspies who are never leave the house and are out of touch with reality

No normie knows what the fuck MGS is. The guy who responded first is right.
>>
>>85980800
No normies knew what GotG or even fucking Iron Man was, but they all love them know. The right marketing can lead to a succesful product.
>>
>>85978482
Who do you all think should play Snake? I mean, I'd love Hugh Jackman, but I don't think he wants to do another franchise-character.
>>
>>85980946
Good cast choices are getting old or already too old.

Big Boss - Donald Sutherland or Sean Connery
Solid Snake - Bale, Jackman, and know Evans.
>>
>>85978678
I've heard the director on podcasts and interviews and he passionately loves film-making and seems like a genuine dude but I don't know if he has what it takes to make a good MGS film. Kong Skull Island was action-packed kaiju fun, but the dialogue was quite strained, the humor almost cringy at times, and the character development almost non-existent.

MGS as a movie would need to excel in the action sequences AND the dialogue. Codec scenes would need to be written with an understanding of the game's lore that I don't think this director has. He has said he enjoys vidya before and he seemed into some more obscure titles but we'll just have to see.
>>
File: Gaseous Snake.gif (2MB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
Gaseous Snake.gif
2MB, 300x159px
>>85978773
>>
>>85978572
are you 5
>>
>>85981123
>the dialogue was quite strained, the humor almost cringy at times, and the character development almost non-existent
a perfect fit
>>
>>85981123
>E3 interview
>didn't know how to pronounce Raiden

Yeah it's gonna be shit
>>
>>85981133
>>85981133
>Solid, Liquid, Solidus, Naked, Venom, Punished.
We are still missing Gaseous, Plasma, Glass, Superfluid, Supersolid and Bose-Einstein Condesate Snakes.
>>
DARPA Chief coming through
>>
>>85981477
>Movie starts playing
>Black guy is the first one to die
I can imagine the SJW tears.
>>
>>85979119
Holy shit cannot unsee. Was she involved in it?
>>
>>85980931
>the right marketing

lol GOTG was backed by fucking Disney. Marketing is all about money in a market of megacorps. Only /v/tards still think marketing is some magical bullshit.
>>
File: solid snake.jpg (116KB, 683x976px) Image search: [Google]
solid snake.jpg
116KB, 683x976px
>>85981368
I'm more partial to diamond snake
>>
>>85981556
The Boss was modeled after Charlotte Rampling iirc.

Wright has the looks and the voice though, would work.
>>
>>85981884
Yeah where is Columbia Pictures gonna find the money to pull off decent marketing lmao
>>
>>85979222
MGS and Bioshock seem like they'd have a good appeal for people who don't even know the source material though since they're both pretty interesting settings.
>>
>>85982184
The only BioShock that would get made is Infinite, because of its hamfisted politics.
>>
>>85980360
This. Starting with MGS3 makes no sense thematically. I think most people here are also ignoring that the series is full of stupid video game-oriented things that wouldn't translate well to film.

The best way to handle this as a franchise is to either create a completely new story, or to work from Metal Gear and build the series up as spy thiller/operator films.
>>
>>85982571
>not starting from the beginning and building a cohesive narrative
>>
>>85982684
MGS3 isn't the beginning, it's intentionally designed as a prequel that puts a twist on an existing story. It only really has meaning if you already know about Solid Snake, Revolver Ocelot, and the Patriots; starting off with Big Boss would basically ruin the impact of Metal Gear, as well.
>>
>Marlels are /v/edditor fags
>>
>>85978482
>VIDEOGAYMES
sure its reddit here
>>
>>85982844
MGS3 is pretty self-contained. Solid Snake had pretty much nothing to do with MGS3, Ocelot was not really much more than a side-character in the game and the Patriots being Naked Snake's radio buddies was something that was only decided in MGS3. And MGS3 alone wouldn't ruin the impact of the plot twist in Metal Gear, he is a hero by the end of MGS3 and he is still considered a hero/good guy at the start of MG1. Although if they were to turn MGSV into a film before MG1 then that would ruin the twist.
>>
>>85983602
>Solid Snake had pretty much nothing to do with MGS3
He's still the main protagonist of the series, and a main theme of MGS3 is where Solid Snake comes from. I agree that the basics of the story are very self-contained, but it still situates itself (pretty intentionally) in the middle of the series.

There's more to a series than chronological order. Think about it like the Star Wars prequels. They're supposed to be the start of the story, but there are a lot of callbacks and things that just don't work without the OT. If they actually were the start of the story, they would have been much different. MGS3 could definitely be a starting point for a series, but it would be a different series than the rest of the games.
>>
>>85978482
they should of not.
>>
Making a mgs movie is like making a cowboy bebop movie.
They both only excel because of the medium they are in.

But what do I know I'm just a guy posting on a chinese origami collective.
>>
>>85983966
>MGS3 could definitely be a starting point for a series, but it would be a different series than the rest of the games
Would that necessarily be a bad thing? The MGS story is a mess filled with retcons and nanomachines. Starting from scratch with a film series is probably the best way to salvage the story.

I'd personally prefer them to start the films with MG1 and do them in release order, but the MSX games are unknown to a lot of Metal Gear fans so I'd imagine the writers would want to play it safe and base the first film on one of the more popular Metal Gear games. And if they're not going to start with the MSX games, they should start with MGS3. Also it's worth mentioning that Solid Snake hasn't been the protagonist of a game since MGS4 9 years ago. Kojima had a boner for Big Boss and eventually turned him into the main character of the series.
>>
>>85979005
>>85979270
kiefer's role in TPP was decided by avi arad, producer of the mgs movie. probably has plans to use kiefer in the movie too. avi arad also used to be the head of marvel studios, but now the only marvel IP he holds is spiderman kojima is still with konami, the mgs movie is the final piece to the puzzle
>>
The metal gear story is fucking retarded though
Also, fuck off /v/
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.