[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comrade Detective Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Comrade Detective.jpg (64KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
Comrade Detective.jpg
64KB, 640x439px
Lets discuss this fantastic new show.
Side topic: why are amazon shows so fucking based?
>>
bumpity
>>
>>85976954
Who is this John Ronson dickbag they have with Channing Tatum?

Also I'm kind of upset Amazon does so much to push that Tatum and JGL are in the show, when they only do the VA work, the two actually Romanian actor's are way better then those two.

Only on the 4th episode.
>>
>>85976954
Patriot was a much better wacky amazon show and nobody watched it
>>
as a Romanian I was actually surprised at how accurate they were with a lot of stuff. I was alive through some of that period and except for the rampant poverty, it was spot on with the aesthetics. Pretty good show, I'll watch it again in romanian.
>>
>>85976954
I am glad they changed the name from Iron Fisting. Based on that initial name, the gimmick of the show and the trailer I was expecting it to be a wacky buddy cop comedy.
But despite being funny at times, it was surprisingly more reserved and felt earnest, instead of a one big joke.
It's a real shame that Amazon does a piss poor job of marketing their shows (just look at Patriot as a recent example). They do renew a lot of stuff for at least one more season, which I hope will happen here as well. Or if it'll get cancelled in the States, hopefully it will get popular enough in Romania, where it was produced and is currently shown in its original state without the Hollywood dubbing, so that they'll make a second season on their own, and some good samaritans will make English subs for that.
>>
>>85977652
Patriot is a better but comrade detective is great. the dark slow humor in patriot kinda hurts it a bit
>>85977695
i expected it to be complete propaganda shaming but it really wasn't. i fucking love the style too.
>>85977790
>FIST!
was it really gonna be called iron fisting?
and i completely agree amazon needs to have the marketing of netflix, and netflix needs to stop making shows all together.
im just glad patriot got renewed
>>
>>85977924
>was it really gonna be called iron fisting?
Yep.
http://deadline.com/2016/06/channing-tatum-a24-iron-fisting-1980s-romanian-cop-show-1201777582/
>>
>>85978000
Well, turns out that people in the comments were needlessly worried. But I guess that was due to the jokey title.
>>
>>85977790
i wouldn't mind rewatching this season in romanian with subs.
always hated dubs
>>
>>85978000
the title "Comrade Detective" in romanian sounds super communist and just invokes bad feelings.
In Romania it won't probably be called. "Tovarasul Militian". Iron Fist sounds much better to be fair.
>>
>>85978325
yeah, but Iron Fist and Iron Fisting are not the same thing.
Or if you mean that tweaking the title from Fisting to Fist specifically for the Romanian version of the show would be better, then sure. I don't think that Marvel can sue them for using Iron Fist in another language.
>>
>>85978545
lol, yeah. Fisting didn't even register. I read it as Iron Fist.

The Party made sure that decadent western terms as fisting stays out of our minds.
>>
>>85978844
what's completely untrue about romania in the show?
beside the obvious no corruption no poverty thing.
>>
>>85979203
actually the most despicable thing are true, like family members and colleagues informing on each other. But it was more out of fear that if someone didn't inform first, as an acquaintance you would also disappear.

>what's completely untrue about romania in the show?
Loyalty to the party didn't exist, everyone was out for themselves and tried to make the best out of a really really bad situation.

There may be more, but I tried to watch it just a a show and it didn't "trigger" me in any major way.
>>
>>85976954
I thought that Mahershalalaldong Ali voiced character would turn out to be the mastermind behind the whole thing, but they went the obvious route. At least the theatrics made up for it.
>>
I don't watch comedies
>>
>>85981487
it's not a comedy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.