[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (789KB, 757x666px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
789KB, 757x666px
What went wrong?
>>
WE
>>
WUZ
>>
KUSANAGI is asian
>>
>>85968773
Shitty adaptation by the west, which ruins every adaptation of asian cimena
>>
>>85968773

They made an anime movie but tried to get rid of all the anime and complex material. So now they have a generic action movie with weird imagery and robots that nobody can really get into.
>>
>>85968773
Hollywood Studios
They appeal to the lowest common denominator to have a four-quadrant movie.
>>
>>85968773
Don't try to apply reason or logic to film reviewing.
>>
>>85968773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8
this explains it all
>>
>>85968773
source material could not be matched

concept driven piece was replaced with hack stereotypical story about evil corporation.

interesting concepts were told to us as bylines at the beginning of the film instead of unfolded in front of us with drama and dialogue (which were followed by a pause in story for us to ponder)

dialogue was absolutely terrible.
"i made you a new shell"
"i preserved your ghost"

i'm sure there's more i've missed. i only just watched it today. not thought heaps about it
>>
>>85968773
everything besides batou and smoking lady
>>
>>85968773
literally everything but the costume design 2bh
>>
>>85968930
if shilling, want more central dogma.
>>
>>85968773
As always, shiting on the original material in every dialogue and every angle and, at the same time, trying to adapt the story for people too "mature" to watch animation or read comics.
>>
>>85968773
>movie gets bad reviews
>its unironically as good as every single marvel disney movie

seriously what went wrong with film critics?
>>
instead of making his own film from the source material, sanders literally copied all the most iconic scenes from the 1995 anime and slapped them onto his LADY ROBOCOP script. the scenes are there (and look quite good to be honest) but none of the emotional context of the anime remains.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.