[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else notice Tyrion looking obviously distraught over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_2597.jpg (150KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2597.jpg
150KB, 540x960px
Anybody else notice Tyrion looking obviously distraught over the fact that he caused the death of Lannister soldiers? Is he still /ourdwarf/ ?
>>
I'm talking about leaked episode 4 btw I assume you retards watched it
>>
he's a cuck that wants to destroy the entire westerosi civilization because his dad said some meany words to him
>>
>>85964712
I font understand how dothraki won against wester osi without armor

Also I dont get Why They have no armor but wear just pelts like cavemen
>>
>>85964746
I would say, rather, that the retards are the ones who watched a 360p version of episode 4 because they couldn't wait a few days longer. The ones who then proceeded to casually spoil it for everyone else who didn't.

Don't worry, I wasn't spoiled by (You).
>>
/tv/ doesn't want to notice it. They obviously are showing Dany going off the deep end and too far in places and how she's beginning to resemble her father. But they just see the "YAAAAS QUEEN SLAYYY" shit and think that the show wants you to be cheering for her the entire time.
>>
YEA IT WASN'T MADE VERY OBVIOUS AND THOROUGHLY ACCENTUATED BY THE AAA CAMERA WORK
>>
>>85964712

can someone post the season spoiler list pls unedited
>>
File: 1444923301140.jpg (43KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1444923301140.jpg
43KB, 256x256px
>>85964712
>a thread about acting on got
>>
>Daddy didn't like me (even though I'm better off than 99% of Westeros and am the luckiest dwarf in the world)
>Better betray my family and everyone I've ever known by siding with the daughter of a tyrannical genocidal king
>Better help this woman bring hordes of mongol savages to rape and pillage my own people

Tyrion is a huge fucking chode
>>
>>85964788
kills army, not civilians, in open field, GOING OFF THE DEEP END

i dont even like her and your retarded
>>
File: 1501518756691.png (75KB, 952x1441px) Image search: [Google]
1501518756691.png
75KB, 952x1441px
>>85964810
>>
where can i watch the leaked episodes pls?
>>
>>85964821
T.Beta male
>>
>>85964871
It comes out in like 15 hours. It's in 360p.

What are you people?
>>
>>85964866

thx my man
>>
>>85964769
>The quintessential mobilefag
>>
>>85964746
>you retards
wtf why would you say this to us
>>
>>85964871

https://vimeo.com/228413315
>>
>>85964821
Yeah, even though Tywin hated him, he made sure Tyrion was well provided. He was given good food, gold, fuck any whore he likes as long as it is in private.
>>
>>85964935
i wanna know what happens not see aryas potato in HD
>>
>>85964935
Not whiny children?
>>
>>85964787
I watched the 360p version on my phone it was great
>>
File: 1501828337465.jpg (9KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1501828337465.jpg
9KB, 189x292px
>>85964769

>wester osi

AUSTRIANS BTFO
>>
>>85964712
Why wouldn he be?
They are soldiers in a war, yes, but also they are normal humans.
>>
>>85964935
Yes wait if you can it's the 3rd best episode
>>
Are we going to get a cheesy ending, like Jon and Dany getting married and live happily after?

or

Mad Queen Dany? That would be more interesting.
>>
>>85965021
I guess it is 4 AM my time. You're probably from a poor country.

>>85965029
I was annoyed at the spoilers, yeah. That makes me a whiny child? This was more about me calling you people plebeians for watching something in shit quality.

>>85965031
I have no doubt you enjoyed it.
>>
>>85964712
He was confronted with the reality of his choices. He's on Dany's side but he has to watch his people get btfo. At least he has something going on this season so hopefully no more cringe small talk.

>>85964788
>winning a battle is going off the deep end
top kek
>>
>>85965005
thanks anon. are all episodes leaked?
>>
>>85965152
it will be the cheesy ending of course
grrm made game of thrones because he was frustrated by fantasy tropes and then writes a story with the most cliche ending possible
>>
>>85965166
>I was annoyed at the spoilers, yeah. That makes me a whiny child?
Yes.
>This was more about me calling you people plebeians for watching something in shit quality.
And why does that bother you? How does it effect you outside of others discussing something that you currently can't because you don't want to watch it in a lower quality?

I haven't watched it yet myself, but I'm not gonna be annoyed by others that have because it'd be fucking weird to let that bother me in any way.
>>
>>85964866
The meeting makes no sense. If all the major players are there, why wouldn't she use that as a chance to kill everyone that poses a threat to her as queen all at once?
>>
this /our/ shit is realy getting tiresome
>>
>CIA dies
and dropped
>>
>>85964769
I think the dragon might've helped.
>>
>>85964712
I think he was more shocked at the devastation a single Dragon did.
It's like watching a nuke go off for the very first time.
>>
>>85964787
Like a true fan, I wait until there's a high quality torrent
>>
File: GoT.png (413KB, 906x920px) Image search: [Google]
GoT.png
413KB, 906x920px
RESIST RACIST KKK SHOWS LIKE GOT
FUCK TRUMP
STOP BEING CLOSET NAZIS
>>
>>85965354
You've mixed up your two points.

I am bothered that the story I am watching was partially spoiled, and that I am not going o be able to experience it as it was meant to be experienced. Which I'm prettty sure is perfectly sound logic, no?

I am not annoyed that anyone watched it, or that it was in low quality. The low quality part doesn't matter to me. I just wanted to make fun of those people and let them know that I think they're stupid. And I don't mind the idea of them discussing it, but they happened to discuss it in plain sight, blemishing a future experience of mine.
>>
File: 1501812165708.jpg (29KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1501812165708.jpg
29KB, 600x337px
>>85965446

Was it autism?

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/GoT/
>>
>>85965471
>I am bothered that the story I am watching was partially spoiled, and that I am not going o be able to experience it as it was meant to be experienced. Which I'm prettty sure is perfectly sound logic, no?
When you're anywhere but the internet, yes. Especially if you're on 4chan. If this is your only source of information then it's fair you missed the many articles across the internet saying the show had been leaked within about 10 minutes of it leaking. Likely even less than that. But it's not logical to have only this place as a source of information.

>I just wanted to make fun of those people and let them know that I think they're stupid.
And I'm sure they think the same as you for different reasons. It's honestly an act of a whining child. It implies you take one episode of a TV series seriously enough to be upset over information from it, that you subjected yourself to, to insult them. Are you forgetting this is the board where people have openly discussed the entire season's spoilers? Where people were posting and discussing the script that leaked for this episode days before this happened? Your own ignorance isn't their fault.
>>
>>85964788
In ep 6 or so Missandei has to specifically spell it out "Dany is evil now" while crying in the arms of her fuccboi no peni

Maybe then normies will get it
>>
>>85964712
>help a mad women to bring a raping horde and a fire breathing monster to your homeland
>watch hundreds of your people get slaughtered
>finally realize that you fucked up
>>
>>85964821
Except that family that loves him so much was going to have him executed
>>
>>85965166
You sound very much like a whiny child, yeah
>>
>>85965355
with what her vagina dentata?
>>
>>85965772
>When you're anywhere but the internet, yes. Especially if you're on 4chan. If this is your only source of information then it's fair you missed the many articles across the internet saying the show had been leaked within about 10 minutes of it leaking. Likely even less than that. But it's not logical to have only this place as a source of information.
So me not looking at the internet for a period of time, and then opening 4chan sooner than a news sight didn't cross your mind as a possibility?

>And I'm sure they think the same as you for different reasons. It's honestly an act of a whining child. It implies you take one episode of a TV series seriously enough to be upset over information from it, that you subjected yourself to, to insult them. Are you forgetting this is the board where people have openly discussed the entire season's spoilers? Where people were posting and discussing the script that leaked for this episode days before this happened? Your own ignorance isn't their fault.

Huh? I'm not allowed to care about a story? Care about experiencing it without knowing what's going to happen next? That's just dumb. And I was never THAT upset. A little annoyed. It wasn't a finale or anything.

And for the script leaking part: funnily enough I haven't run into anything from that.

>>85965971
So you don't mind spoilers? Call me an idiot or whatever, but nothing I'm saying amounts to whining. Complaint = Whine? Ok. Cool. Good talk.
>>
>>85964769
>I font understand how dothraki won against wester osi without armor
They had horses, the lannisters were on foot. Also they outnumbered them. And the dragons.
>>
>>85966151
I always get confused when people insult me back with something I don't agree with right after I insult them with something I consider well thought out.

Of course I should expect that. I just called them an idiot.
>>
>>85965446
>FUCK TRUMP
Yeah, seriously. Fuck that fat bitch.
>>
>>85964787
>proceeded to casually spoil it for everyone else who didn't
the entire season was spoiled before episode 1 even aired you fucking mong
>>
>>85964821
>judging a daughter for the sins of her father
But desu Daenerys has enough sins of her own.
>>
>>85966234
Apparently they weren't anywhere near as in-my-face.
>>
>>85964935
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment
>>
>tfw saw leaked plotline for season 8
>tfw jamie kills the night king and saves everyone
>tfw jamie the guy who pushed a kid out of a window while fucking his evil sister will be the most loved character by the end of the show...

Got is the best show in history of tv.
>>
I hope the undead dragon will eat that dumb bitch Daenerys
>>
>>85966151
>So me not looking at the internet for a period of time, and then opening 4chan sooner than a news sight didn't cross your mind as a possibility?
It certainly seemed a possibility, just an unlikely one. Personally, if I had come here after weeks of not using the internet (which it would take to be unaware of spoilers here) and saw spoilers, my response wouldn't be to get annoyed at others.
>Huh? I'm not allowed to care about a story? Care about experiencing it without knowing what's going to happen next? That's just dumb. And I was never THAT upset. A little annoyed. It wasn't a finale or anything.
Of course you can. Caring enough to insult others because you saw them discussing an episode you haven't watched, that leaked early, is the part that is childish and whiny.

Being annoyed is fair, but you shouldn't be annoyed at others because they don't share your position regarding ONE EPISODE of a TV series. I don't really think you've considered how it comes across to go out of your way to insult people over something like this.
>>
>>85966342
I'm prepared to drop the spoilers discussion and focus on this part, "you mongs."
>>
>>85964712
He didn't want to kill Jaime or Bronn which is a very reasonable position in my opinion.
>>
>>85964769
Ever heard of Mongolians? You can even look to our history to see why they won.
>>
>>85964769
>I font understand how dothraki won against wester osi without armor
Did you miss the dragon roasting the Lannister soldiers alive?
>>
>>85965446
got is one of the more diverse shows out there. this dudes career is literally a product of diversity
>>
Muh quality faggots are the worst
>>
>>85966583
mongolians had dragons? wow i guess i missed that in history class, u grade a idiot.
>>
>>85966583
Mongolians wore armor when they fought with western armies because they weren't fucking retarded. They used siege weapons too, the image of >muh nomad archers in cloth is somewhat exaggerated.
>>
>>85966410
but dany sacrifices herself to defeat the night king in season 8
>>
>>85966621
More than that, his career is the product of another country's diversity. If the USA wasn't 10% black, Boyega would have never been anywhere near Star Wars or Pacific Rim.
>>
>>85966583
Mongolians wore armour you goofy nigger.
>>
>>85966654
>he actually believes this

Mongolians got in range just enough of the enemy then fired their arrows.. when the enemy advanced they ran away like cowards. Effective but no honor. also why they couldn't hold all the land the conquered.
>>
>>85966436
It's hard to argue the part about being here when I knew the scripts leaked. But nothing was real until screenshots of the leaked episode were next to spoilers.

I wasn't gone for a week. I was gone for the day.

>Of course you can. Caring enough to insult others because you saw them discussing an episode you haven't watched, that leaked early, is the part that is childish and whiny.

Insults are a poor way to handle situations, all things considered. In a perfect world, everyone would have polite discourse.

Insulting, in general, in an immature act. Sure. 99% of this board is immature in that case.

You're problem is that I was insulting someone, when I was in the wrong in the beginning. So don't attack the act of insulting while your on the internet, the land of insulting others. Just tell me that I'm foolish for being here when apparently I should have known about them.

And I guess we'll just be in disagreeance over whether or not I should be upset.
>>
>>85966675
right? imagine the amount of white actors who must have auditioned for his role in star wars who were obviously better.. but they went with this ugly wide hipped manlet nig because of 1 reason. Diversity, progressiveness and appearing to be on the pulse of modern society.
>>
>>85966717
>Effective but no honor. also why they couldn't hold all the land the conquered.
What's your definition of "couldn't hold the land"? They lasted for centuries.
>>
>>85966717
>Couldn't hold the land the conquered
>Largest contiguous land empire in history
>Only broke up due to infighting following Genghis and Kublai's deaths

nigga u wot
>>
>>85964769
The dragon broke their line against cavalry charges.
>>
>>85964769
The real question is why is the army of a feudal state composed solely of infantry
>>
>>85966717
Sir, you should stop talking now.
>>
>>85966750
>>85966756
>>85966779

hey my mongorian bros lets fire arrows at the people who want to fight us in hand to hand combat like men then when they get close let's run away on our little bitch horses!!!!!!
>>
>>85966777
I don't even know why that's the real question. What are you insinuating?
>>
>>85966792
By your logic the European colonial empires were full of cowards because they just shot down tribesmen from long range instead of fighting them hand to hand.
>>
>>85966583
>people still describing Mongolians as "le wild card cr-cr-crazy horse lords who just charged" when they had based Subutai
It hurts brehs.
>>
>>85964769
>Also I dont get Why They have no armor but wear just pelts like cavemen

The area they come from doesn't seem to have a lot of natural resources other than grass. That's why they just spend a lot of time looting.
>>
>>85966750
1206 - 1294

"they lasted for centuries"

i swear u anime faggots are braindead or have a mental illness lmfao
>>
>>85966627
Super high quality faggots can be pretty rough.

"I don't want to watch this shit in Lego form in the year 2017" faggots are pretty cool guys.
>>
>>85966849
>>1206 - 1294
>cheekily leaving out the Golden horde
Anon, I...
>>
>>85966823
>european colonial powers who fought eachother lined their men up and walked into the gunfire. If a man in the rank before them fell the guy behind would the gap

There's a difference chink
>>
>>85966849
History faggots are usually pretty smart. You do have a leg up typically in that department.

But you tend to have poor taste.
>>
>>85966849
That was how long the whole thing stayed unified, you twat. You're ignoring both the Golden Horde and the Yuan Dynasty. Why?
>>
>>85966888
"i aint paying money to always see one type of person on screen"

The real question is why isn't anyone calling him out on his racism? He can't stand watching white people on tv?

Also who the fuck does this guy think he is lmao? He was a cheap diversity hire on a star wars reboot..
>>
>>85966911
Not to mention that all the land was still controlled by fucking Mongolians who were now fighting each other.
>>
>>85966936
>The real question is why isn't anyone calling him out on his racism?
Blacks can't be racist, according to leftists.
>>
>>85966936
This, who's getting paired up with "minority quota to please the Chinks no. 154547" just to rub it in that he's also a minority quota.

Just be happy you're getting roles and don't try to pick a fight with the industry like some established actor you faggit.
>>
>>85966792
You sound like such a childish faggot, living in a video game. Muh honour, who gives a fuck about honour. So presumably, you wouldn't use skirmishers either?
>>
>>85966888
there was that black pirate who talked about culturally enriching some westerosi women
I think he was talking to the onion knight
season 2 I think

not to mention the king of that one city Denaerys first comes to in season 2 as well.

boyega is just spouting shit to stay in the spotlight.
he hasn't watched game of thrones.
which I can't blame him for.
I can blame him for his disingenuous justification however.
>>
>>85966977
In the SW movie I mean. As love interests apparently.
>>
>>85966806
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought medieval armies relied a lot on heavy feudal cavalry. Which also influenced organisation of the feudal society, where vassals were granted land so they could provide their lord with such a cavalry.
>>
>>85966984
Also Missandei, Grey Worm, and the entire fucking army of black dudes...
>>
>>85965009

Nigger Tywin had his wife gang-raped and made him watch. He'd be a pussy if he *didn't* kill him. The only thing he did wrong was wait so long to do it.
>>
>>85967013
That particular bunch of Lannisters didn't have a lot of cavalry, and many of their soldiers didn't have time to get to their horses. If you re-watch the battle you can see a lot of riderless Lannister horses running around.

>>85967032
Also, there was the whole "frame him for murder" thing. Tywin was going to exile him to the wall, or execute him.
>>
>>85966983
>equating skirmishers to a whole army of horse archers

nice logic.
>>
>>85965919
the family that loved him so much thought he had assassinated their grandchild and the king of the country.
>>
>>85964769
Armor doesn't make much difference when you're on fire
>>
>>85967023
if you notice they aren't actually black.. they're mostly arab dudes with some lightskin nigs to appease the black lives matter crowd.
>>
>>85967063
No they didn't. Tywin knew he was innocent. So did Jaime, so did Oberyn, so did Olenna and Littlefinger (of course). Varys knew too, Pycelle was in on the framing....the only one who thought Tyrion actually did it was Cersei.

>>85967084
No, those are blacks. Arabs have straight hair and different facial features. Missandei and Grey Worm at least are both definitely black, although I guess it's possible a lot of the Unsullied are just very tan Arabs since they're wearing helmets.
>>
>>85967112
>Missandei
>black

I'm sure her 10% black heritage really makes her black
>>
>people think some eurasian horse riders with bows and arrows who ran away is more impressive than roman legions defeating gauls who outnumbered them 3:1 in hand to hand combat... my oh my people really like anime on this board don't they.
>>
>>85967013
The English nobility and monarchy loved heavily armoured mounted knights with Lance's. They'd just charge through enemies like a hot knife through butter. But I think the also had a large number of peasants who they'd give shit armour to and shit weapons because they didn't give a fuck about them lol

Like long shanks in Braveheart
Guy: Should we fire arrows?
Longshanks: Arrows cost money, send the Irish.
>>
File: shaunking.jpg (23KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
shaunking.jpg
23KB, 800x472px
>>85967149
>10%

More like 50%. And yes it does. She's blacker than the founder of Black Lives Matter.
>>
>>85967112
if you go to africa and look at black people.. you'll come away with a new understanding of the black people who currently live in western countries.

99% of blacks who live in usa have white blood, or did you think light skin black people happened randomly? in africa they're black as tar.. not being offensive it's just true.
>>
Tyrion and Varys are obviously distraught every time Dany opens her mouth, because they see a growing madness. She will be a main villain soon.
>>
>>85967186
>She's blacker than the founder of Black Lives Matter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ6IOevpCcw
WEW.
>>
>>85967186
>dark skin means they're black
>idk shit about genetics
>>
>>85967056
But wasnt that supposed to be the bulk of the Lannister army + the Tyrells bannermen who joined them? Also the show barely has any knights. Each family seems to have regularly uniformed proffesional cavalry wearing same kind of helmets and other equipment. I guess thats so it's easier for the audience to tell who is who but thats really poor depiction of medieval army.
>>
>>85967265
>>idk shit about genetics
same goes for you and most of this board.
Can't we all agree John Boyega is a stupid faggot who has never watched the show and stop getting baited by that spammer?
>>
>>85967204
They're also shit at everything.

>We walk 5 miles a day to get water.

Nigger your house is a stick. Your bed is a pile of dirt. Move closer.
>>
>>85966888
there's plenty of diversity in GoT
you got potato celts, nonpotato celts, Germanics, Balts, Slavs, Iberians

if you reduce demographics to one or two colours then no shit are things gonna be undiverse
>>
>>85964712
I think it was more about watching them die helplessly against OP dragons
>>
>>85967320
If they move closer they'll get eaten by crocodiles or other predators who hang out near the river. They live 5 miles away for a reason.
>>
Ceaser is dropped in to the got universe with all his armies from across the empire. How long does it take him to conquer westeros? (without danys dragons)
>>
>>85967175
However infantry was present on medieval battlefields heavy cavalry dominated for the most time. It's kinda sad that in the show the armies look more like something from ancient times, before stirrups were introduced and cavalry played lesser role.
>>
File: 1501074846027.png (94KB, 1354x889px) Image search: [Google]
1501074846027.png
94KB, 1354x889px
>Arya, how did you beat Brienne up in aa swordfight?
>Grew up with 4 brothers
>>
>>85967350
I was thinking of the Wells white charity built for them not the rivers.
>>
>>85967175
Braveheart is fiction. Edward was a military genius.
In his first battle with Wallace the English cavalry ignored orders and rushed the Scots but got driven off, so Edward shot the Scots footman with arrows and English knights finished them off. Archers were so effective that the French complained that peasants with arrows shouldn't kill their noble knights.
>>
>>85966583

When the mongols fought actual battles, they got fucked. They were raiders; an army that mvoed around quickly, not warriors.

When the mongols finally went toe-to-toe with European soldiers they got fucked so hard they never recovered and are now barely surviving by herding goats.
>>
>>85967350
Why don't they just toughen up and kill off the predators who live near them like europeans did?

Are they literally retar- nvm i know they are.
>>
>>85967386
Not even the worst part
>Arya casually parries Brienne's huge fucking sword attached to her huge fucking body with a tiny rapier wannabe
>>
>>85964866
Is this real? Sounds shitty
>>
>>85967405
Another reason archers against the french were so effective(if you're talking about agincourt) was because the english were fighting for their lives and the french were fighting for a king and paycheck. So they folded and surrendered.
>>
ok so since the dothraki dont carry any spears or lances, are they relying on transferring all that force and momentum from their cavalry charge through the horse's head?
>>
>>85967470
Yes, those leaks came out months before the season started, and they've all been accurate so far.
>>
>>85967458
Yeah that didn't make any sense. If Arya had dodged every blow, it'd make sense because she has vaguely supernatural spacial awareness thanks to her training with the faceless men

but she was literally stopping Brienne's huge sword swings. It's not even a matter of skill, Arya should have been knocked off her feet just from the force of a giant woman knocking a long metal stick into her.
>>
>>85967492
don't you see they carry sickles? they dodge the white bois spear and just chop their racist heads off.
>>
>>85967475
The English perfected archery for centuries not just for one battle. Peasants would growup learning how to use a longbow
>>
>>85967526
oh for sure, most people thought for the longest time range was it's greatest strength. But in reality it's main advantage was being able to puncture armour at close range.
>>
>>85967492
Yes, they're not a clever bunch. Without Drogon burning the Lannister soldiers they probably would have lost.
>>
>>85967376
I'll defer to you because I have very limited knowledge, just what I learnt in school but I thought Battle of Hastings was mainly infantry men

>>85967060
Also you fag in the Battle of Hastings the Norman's entire tactic was pretending to be terrified and flee and then quickly turning on their pursues and attacking them and it won them the battle.
I suppose you wouldn't use that tactic either because muh honour. You're such a fag.
>>
>>85967405
>military genius
>shoot them with arrows
>>
>>85967606
>using the battle of hastings as an example
>french defeated a depleated force who just finished beating off danes up north

MR, I select pieces of history only to support my viewpoint.
>>
>>85967654
heh, beating off
>>
oh shit 5's leak just dropped
>>
>>85967688
link
>>
>>85967405
I didn't know that, that's hilarious, you got a link to the French complaining, I'd like to read it.
>>
>>85967458

It's actually a smallsword, but yes, it is bullshit. GoT has a lot of feminist empowerment, which mean (by necessity) you have to have weak people able to compete with strong people. Otherwise women would get royally fucked in every combat situation.

>>85967475
Agincourt is a poor example of archer effectiveness, despite the frequency of its use. Agincourt was about terrain. It was the mud that killed people, not the arrows. The arrows killed the horses, but not a single person died to them. Stop watching shitty history channel analyses; they use shitty methods and don't even check their tools (e.g. they use butted ringmail, despite NO soldier ever using it).

>>85967523
Khopesh. Not sickle.

Still a shitty weapon.

Also, horses charging into a line of spears is fuckign retarded. Spear lines (esp. pikemen lines) were incredibly effective against cavalry. The dragon should have been the only thing killing Lannisters.
>>
>>85967647
>never lost a battle

That was just one example about how archers can win a battle, and the mighty Wallace fled like a bitch while his men died
>>
File: medieval_was_fa_as_fuck.jpg (179KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
medieval_was_fa_as_fuck.jpg
179KB, 420x500px
Why the fuck are they so shit at designing costumes?
I believe they had more colors than black, brown and grey in medieval times
>>
>>85967405
>Archers were so effective that the French complained that peasants with arrows shouldn't kill their noble knights.
Fun tidbit I'll butt into the conversation: the French got so exasperated by English archers throughout the Hundred year's war that they started doing the middle finger motion we have now when they would meet English soldiers, to show them that the middle finger would be their only finger remaining when they got through with them. Apparently the best way to incapicate an archer is to chop off his finger.

And that's supposedly where the insult's from. But apparently that's a myth :(.

>>85967711
Was thought to be "dishonorable" that the French knights weren't met by English knights of their ranks on the field. They'd charged in expecting that, but instead got rained on by arrows, so it wasn't fitting of their idea of a heroic death.

>>85967475
Well they were fighting for Oriflamme, the royal French banner.
>There Sir Geoffroi de Charny fought gallantly near the king (note: and his fourteen-year-old son). The whole press and cry of battle were upon him because he was carrying the king’s sovereign banner [the Oriflamme]. He also had before him his own banner, gules, three escutcheons argent. So many English and Gascons came around him from all sides that they cracked open the king’s battle formation and smashed it; there were so many English and Gascons that at least five of these men at arms attacked one [French] gentleman. Sir Geoffroi de Charny was killed with the banner of France in his hand, as other French banners fell to earth.”[
>>
>>85967735
>The dragon should have been the only thing killing Lannisters.
Once the dragon burned the Lannister lines and caused general panic, the spear line stopped existing.
>>
>>85966583
comparing the dothraki to mongolians is a insult to the mongolians.

Dothraki are horsefuckers with plot armor, the mongolians actually had some brains.
>>
>>85967785
In medieval times, bright colors meant fancy/expensive. In modern times, bright colors means cheap as shit, rich people wear dark clothing. This has bled into the show, the grunts have bright red shields while the nobles have plainer, darker armor and clothing.
>>
>>85967526
and then England was late on gunnery and lost all its mainland holdings save for Calais
but muh battles
>>
>>85967571
Not a plate armour
>>
>>85967796
watch the episode again, there are scenes where the dothraki charge head on into the spearmen line
>>
>>85967796
Spear line only broke in one place. the battle very clearly has the horses sharge into an intact line.

Without spears of their own, even. They literally charge their horses into it. Words cannot describe how dumb that is.
>>
File: Castillon.png (199KB, 300x590px) Image search: [Google]
Castillon.png
199KB, 300x590px
>>85967833
*cannon fires you*
That's for killing my waifu Jeanne.
>>
>>85967735
didn't claim archers won the battle because of how terrific they were.. But morale definitely played into it. Especially after it was the french cavalry who charged into the English position which was at a disadvantage to them (they didn't have to do this). The cavalry charge is what tore up the field and created the muddy terrain which allowed the archers to pick people off at point blank range.

"The arrows killed the horses, but not a single person died to them"

That's absolute bullshit. They were getting cut down with so many arrows they surrendered to the English and were then slaughtered.
>>
>>85967654
MR, I propagate an unsupported view point and provide no citations.
>>
>>85966888
Well, he can create his own story with more diversity.
>>
File: got (3).jpg (623KB, 1420x799px) Image search: [Google]
got (3).jpg
623KB, 1420x799px
>>
>>85967994
Why is her head attached to the tail of the plane?
>>
>>85967909
>>85967909
>They were getting cut down with so many arrows.

Nope. A lot of people have this crazy idea that armour could be easily penetrated by arrows; it could not. See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6yUkfkNoSU

Some french died from trampling and even drowning, but the vast majority were killed after they were captured. The arrows did one job: they killed/injured the horses, which resulted in the terrain getting fucked and people getting trampled.
>>
>>85968125
>implying every foot soldier has high quality armour

>implying longbows couldn't penetrate poor quality armor

>implying thousands of arrows getting fired don't hit weak points on men

Are you literally autistic or trolling?
>>
>>85965557
Based auntie
>>
>>85967994
that's dope
>>
>>85967411
you do know the mongols have in fought in europe and won battles jesus are you that salty
>>
>>85968175

Even low quality rivetted mail easily stops arrows.

Most of the French had not only mail but plate as well. Like I said, arrows killed horses, they do basically nothing to armour.

Agincourt was about terrain, not arrows.
>>
link to leak?
>>
>>85965772
>When you're anywhere but the internet, yes. Especially if you're on 4chan. If this is your only source of information then it's fair you missed the many articles across the internet saying the show had been leaked within about 10 minutes of it leaking. Likely even less than that. But it's not logical to have only this place as a source of information.
Or the news sources he actually reads don't report on shit like TV shows.
>>
>>85967994
>Plane instead of a dragon

Yeah, you fucked up
>>
when are episode 5 leaks dropping
>>
>>85968459
It's posted in this thread.
>>
>>85968537
Why lie?
>>
>>85967512
You can't really dodge all the blows in a fight though. If the opponent aims at your center of mass you can't dodge it. It's just that we're so used to movie fights where literally nobody tries to actually hit their opponent
>>
>>85964866
>
few things doesn't match like the secret meeting and gendry
>>
>>85968409
I'm not the guy you were talking to and I accept the weight of the French armour and the soft ground were deciding factors but I thought a bodkin point could pierce armour? Maybe not that occasion because the French were so heavily armoured. But in general isn't it possible ?
>>
>>85964866
>littlefinger dead
DROPPED
>>
>>85968591
He didn't lie. Read the thread numbnuts.
>>
>>85964769

>Have you ever tried to stop a 380KG to 550KG horse?

The horse may get impaled by its going to fall on your spear and you. Dothraki had many horses laying into them and the Lannisters only had a thin line of soldiers.
>>
>>85968759

It's theoretically possible for an arrow to make it through heavily damaged/worn/rusted sections of mail, that is true, but it would have been so exceptionally rare that no one would have relied on it.

Analyses of bodkin points show limited effectiveness against mail:

https://royalarmouries.org/what-we-do/research/analytical-projects/armour-piercing-arrowheads

They are the design you want to use to give you the BEST chance at making ti through armour, but that does not mean they did regularly.

By the 14th century, archers were considered basically useless against armoured opponents.

However, not all armies had everyone in armour; a lot of militias were simple peasants with makeshift weapons.

People seriously underestimate how effective armour is; a good suit was armour made you almost invulnerable. In fact, knights would often resort to wrestling eachother to the ground, pulling out their arming dagger and trying to stab through the holes in their opponent's helm.
>>
>>85968925
>Dothraki had many horses laying into them
To be fair, in a cavalry charge, unless you're able to muster your men for a second charge, there's usually one blow to the defending army. If the defenders don't shatter on that first blow, then the cavalry is bogged down and rid of the momentum it had before, and becomes a very poor fighting force.

Yes it's hard to not collapse at the onslaught of a 550Kg horse, but if you do, it's game over for the cavalry fucking shits.
>>
>>85964866

>Blue flame

shut up nigger thats some Blizzard warcraft level of writing fucking lmao
>>
>>85967149
It works for obama
>>
>>85967647
lol
>>
>>85966583
I want this meme to die. The Dothraki aren't specifically based on the Mongols but on the various nomad hordes that existed throughout history - the Xiongnu, the Huns, the Seljuq's, the Manchu's, the Mongols etc. They are not based on a single horde.

>>85968382
They won battles against a divided kingdom of Poland and a Hungary that didn't expect such an attack. The Golden Horde (heirs of the Mongol Empire) was basically destroyed by Europe. And besides, the fact of the matter is the Mongols barely made any European gains besides raiding various territories even before they were recalled for the election of a new khan.
>>
>>85969010
>knights would often resort to wrestling eachother to the ground, pulling out their arming dagger and trying to stab through the holes in their opponent's helm.

War is war and all that but that sounds like a shit way to go.
>>
>>85969932

That's what you get for being part of the gentry.
>>
>>85965446
i bet he'd pay money if that one type of person were niggers.
>>
>>85967834
not even thick gambeson
>>
>>85964787
I watched it in my phone with the glass broken, several dead pixels and my earphones with a faulty cable.
>>
>>85967787
But in the end, the French cavalry destroyed the English archers at patay.
>>
>>85964712
He thought Jaime was going to die.
>>
>>85967711
The French complained about the english killing the nobles instead of taking them prisoners, which was dishonorable and contrary to customs.
>>
File: 1502031484743.jpg (35KB, 975x723px) Image search: [Google]
1502031484743.jpg
35KB, 975x723px
whitebois can't fight for shit
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.