[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Went Wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (58KB, 534x801px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
58KB, 534x801px
What Went Wrong?
>>
Probably the marketing. Why else do terrible movies make money, and great movies lose money?
>>
Critics made a collective effort to bash this movie and as a result people were reluctant to go watch. The same critics who were praising spidershit and nolanhack.
>>
>>85962953
it's a bit of a stretch to call this a great movie. A good movie perhaps. The male lead was not right for the role. Clive Owens dialogue was terribly cheesy.

It was ok. not one of his best.
>>
>>85962920
the only americans who know who the fuck they are, are /co/fags
>>
Characters should of spoken french
>>
Casting a limp-wristed faggot and a walking caterpillar doesn't do one much in the way of favours.
>>
>>85962968
Stay mad Luc, you child-fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>85962920
Valerian is not well know outside of France sadly. Retarded Americans will shouts that Valerian copied Star Wars or whatever, but actually Star Wars took a lot from the comic.

Sad the movie is pretty cool, images are fucking amazing. The story is ok I guess. But just for the worlds creating you should see it.

I think like >>85963129, the whole movie should have been in French. But otherwise its pretty much a good adaptation from the comic.
>>
>>85962920
Not casting Karl Urban as Valerian and Lea Seydoux as Laureline.
>>
same reason john carter failed.
we have all seen this shit before by movies that were inspired by the source material
>>
It's budget was too big, nothing else went wrong. The modern audience doesn't spend money on new ideas. All that ground was laid during the 80's and 90's. If a movie wasn't made during that time period and isn't a sequal/reboot it is doomed to fail financially. Hollywood doesn't make art, it makes money,
>>
>>85962968
Dunkirk was incredible. It made me reevaluate my stance on nolan, valerian is okay and way better than any capeshit, but watching paint dry is better than capeshit, so it isn't saying much
>>
It was a bad movie that failed at nearly every level.
The story was boring and predictable but could have been fixed with a great dialogue, instead Clive Owen's character was the generic "muh country I did what I had to do while yelling angrily" guy with shit dialogue. You can see the scriptwriters didn't even fucking try.
The padding of the movie was absolutely terrible. That fucking part where blonde girl is kidnapped by those cannibal aliens was such an obvious fucking filler, "Hey guys, we need to pad the movie by 30min to force some shitty drama and also put Rihanna dancing on a pole as a fanservice". Garbage of the worst fucking kind.
The in-character chemistry between the two leads was visibly forced and too much in your fucking face AND was accompanied by god-awful dialogue which sure as fuck didn't help. Show, don't tell because sometimes less is more you fucking hacks.

tl;dr: The movie has nice visuals but it's like it tried to be 5th element of the new generation and failed. Waste of potential, which is a shame, it really could have been great.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.