[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death to Videodrome.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: long_live_the_new_flesh.jpg (149KB, 772x1000px) Image search: [Google]
long_live_the_new_flesh.jpg
149KB, 772x1000px
Death to Videodrome.
>>
Long live the new flesh!

Woods is underrated
>>
>>85962596
>Read the Zebra book
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>85962596
>The Thing
>Videodrome
>Aliens
>They Live
>The Fly
Will any decade top he 80s for overhyped horror scifi garbage?
>>
>>85963962
The only truly overrated title in there is Aliens, the rest are good to say the least.

Also, how can you call The Thing overhyped when it got ravaged by critics at the time and how can you cate Cronenberg's best film?
>>
LONG
>>
File: 1500358270826.jpg (3MB, 1816x5276px) Image search: [Google]
1500358270826.jpg
3MB, 1816x5276px
>>85963962
>Videodrome
>overhyped garbage

You just outed yourself as a plebbitor, you need to go back there.
>>
>>85963962
Real niggas admire the special effects makeup and dip
>>
>>85964215
It's not just about the make up, practical effects and set design, 4/5 films he listed are genuinely good.
>>
>>85963962
I'll give you the others but Videodrome stands well above the rest.
>>
>>85964291
How can you give him The Thing?
>>
>>85964310
Because The Thing isn't really any better than the rest of John Carpenter's work. I really like his movies but praising The Thing as some great achievement in the history of horror or science-fiction or even film or whatever the fuck seems stupid.
>>
>>85964444
You can't say The Thing isn't better than Escape From NY and Vampire for an example. Also, The Thing is a little bit overhyped, but it's still a great fucking selfcontained, claustrophobic horror film in which there was a lot of care put in. It definitely stands out from most of his work and is one of the genre finest, execution wise and quality wise.
>>
>>85964127
I do not understand this list, lots of quality flicks but randomly.....problem child 2?...I now pronounce you chuck and larry? da fuq?
>>
>>85964603
It's a meme you dip.
>>
>The television screen has become the retina of the mind's eye. That's why I refuse to appear on television, except on television. Of course, O'Blivion was not the name I was born with. That's my television name. Soon all of us will have special names, names designed to cause the cathode ray tube to resonate.

Replace television with internet and it captured my neet life.
>>
>>85964639
is dip the new word or some shit?
>>
>>85964639
but......but why?
>>
>>85964681
How new are you? It's short for dipshit.

>>85964708
For baiting purposes, of courshe!
>>
>>85964708
>hahahaha I just assembled 100 random movie posters and posted in 1000 /tv/ threads are you fuken trolld yet?
you have been had my man, anon was too clever for us all
>>
>North America's getting soft, patrĂ³n, and the rest of the world is getting tough. Very, very tough. We're entering savage new times, and we're giong to have to be pure and direct and strong, if we're going to survive them. Now, you and this cesspool you call a television station and your people who wallow around in it, your viewers who watch you do it, they're rotting us away from the inside. We intend to stop that rot.

What did he mean by this?
>>
Max's biggest weakness was his lack of a philosophy. He ended up a puppet between people bigger than him
>>
File: tetsuo.jpg (346KB, 2250x1565px) Image search: [Google]
tetsuo.jpg
346KB, 2250x1565px
>Our love shall destroy this whole world

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>85962596

Rollerball was better tbqh
>>
>>85965743
Why?
>>
>>85963962
>Pleb: the taste
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.