[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't they made a tv series out of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: SCP_thread.jpg (43KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
SCP_thread.jpg
43KB, 1200x640px
Why haven't they made a tv series out of this?
>>
>>85954586
it's all copyright issues. That's why you only get "fan-made games" and so on.
>>
>>85954641
that pisses me off t b h
>>
>>85954718
We just need a sneaky producer and writer to come up with a rip-off series. If we stop caring about the "brand loyalty" we can get the content we want.
>>
I don't want them to, I've been watching that Channel Zero show that's based on Candle Cove and it's fucking horrific, it should have just been one story an episode.
>>
>>85955229
Well there's a difference between adapting creepypasta and adapting SCP stories. I'd imagine each episode would be about each SCP, with the longer logs being giving multiple episodes. It would be like a mockumentary series, and they could do spinoffs as well. The only problem would be finding an audience and getting the funding for convincing special effects.
>>
>>85955547
>The only problem would be finding an audience
the edgy hipster crowd
>>
>>85955597
Kind of a saturated audience, what with game of thrones and the walking dead already taking up their time. It might be lucrative but I have no connections in the TV industry.
>>
>>85954586
Well, maybe Stranger Things will get nonfans interested in more content with "weird monsters"
>>
>>>85954641
Is SCP not public domain, considering anyone can add to it?
>>
>>85954586
What's all this about?
>>
>>85955914
In theory "anyone" can add but the official stories are reviewed and voted on by their website as far as I know, to be added to their official canon. The copyright issue is hard to get past due to that weird format.
>>
>>85955944
read this and report back

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1733
>>
>>85955944
I'm pretty sure he meant http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173 instead
It started on /x/ but reddit has claimed it
>>
they devoted almost an entire season of Mad Men to SC&P
>>
>>85954586
they dont want to pay royalties, anyway oats studio its doing something very close to scp you should watch it
>>
>>85956334
Is it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWB-MVJ4sQ
>>
>>85954586
They did, it's called The X-Files.
>>
>>85956050
One of my favorites
Excellent choice
>>
the SCP shit is probably the corniest thing to come out of this place. Real cringe and awful fanfic nonsense.
>>
>>85956872
the fanbase can be cringe-worthy at times, especially the obsession with edgelord invincible lizard 682. His story is a little scary until he speaks, and I think that's because an impassive threat is more intimidating than a known and intelligent threat. At least you understand why it's against you, with an impassive unfeeling creature like the expanding flesh SCP you get REAL terror.
>>
>>85956929
There's no obsession with 682. There was back in 2010, but quality control is extremely tight nowadays.

There's a ton of pretty cool SCP ideas, like an unstable time loop plane accident, a particle accelerator that deconstructs and reconstructs the universe and violates CP symmetry, the invisible meteor that creates a catastrophic gravitational effect on earth's oceans whenever people perceive it, and more. People tend to focus on the old badly written stuff which is more popular and they also remember all the shitty fan stuff made.
>>
>>85956929
hard to destroy reptile has become a meme lmao. I feel like it's a half-joke scp at this point
>>
>>85954641
It's creative commons. No copyright
>>
>>85956929
There are so many cool SCPs though. My favourite is the staircase to hell and the anti-meme SCP that you can't recall any description of
>>
>>85954586
X Files
Fringe
Warehouse 13
Buffy seasons 4
>>
>>85957408
aLL SHTI
>>
>>85956334
>anyway oats studio its doing something very close to scp you should watch it
where and what
>>
>>85957146
>like an unstable time loop plane accident, a particle accelerator that deconstructs and reconstructs the universe and violates CP symmetry
numbers?
>>
>>85957408
all suck
>>
>>85954586
In part Stranger Things has already done that.
>>
>>85960160
Not at all. Fuck off with the Stranger Things worship.
>>
>>85957480
>>85959521
fags
>>
>>85955711
GOT only has one more season coming up. There is space soon.
>>
>>85954718
>putting spaces between glorious desufilter
pleb
>>
>>85960634
Didn't say it was any good, just that Stranger Things already gave it a shot.
>>
File: Aww.jpg (13KB, 188x170px) Image search: [Google]
Aww.jpg
13KB, 188x170px
Http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-231
>>
>>85960948

The GoT guys are already working on a replacement show where the South won the Civil War. People are already mad about it.
>>
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-686
This one really needs a movie made out of it.
>>
>>85961300
Why are people mad? They'll obviously go out of their way to make some horrible dystopia instead of the utopia it would actually be. Can't risk upsetting (((them))) after all.
>>
I hate the meta-narratives on that site... a lot of the writers are clearly out there just to fap to their own lore. Like that stupid factory. Self-contained SCP's are best.
>>
File: buddhist terror.jpg (87KB, 735x490px) Image search: [Google]
buddhist terror.jpg
87KB, 735x490px
>>85961477
there is a whole series of SCPs that is a bunch of sentient, telepathic, magical animals from another dimension
>>
>>85956872
You do realize that the writers =/= CB Fans right?
Writers actually have phds and degrees irl if I remember correctly
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.