[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NO SPOILERS PLS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: a-ghost-story-2017.jpg (87KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
a-ghost-story-2017.jpg
87KB, 500x741px
Thoughts on A Ghost Story?

I'm interested, it seems like a sort of unique exploration of the human condition.

Anyone who has seen it, do you recommend it? If you haven't seen it, are you interested in seeing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_3NMtxeyfk
>>
It's good. Not as good as I was hoping. Pie scene is best scene.
>>
I liked it a lot and recommend knowing as little as you can about it before going in.
>>
I loved it bro

It'll make you feel things
>>
I love how quiet this movie is, everything feels so deliberate.

The scene where hes throwing the plates around was filmed in a way that made it sort of campy and out of place, however. I was fine with the scene but showing just the floating plates felt really cheesy.
>>
>>85941435
i agree with this spoiler
>>85941033
i didn't like it as much as i hoped i would but i don't regret watching it
>>
File: IMG_2527.jpg (190KB, 750x1110px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2527.jpg
190KB, 750x1110px
>first 20 minutes is derivative slow cinema. weird bastardization of apichatpong meets malick but in rural america, and devoid of sensuality (so, so very devoid of sensuality), and without the wonderous beauty, complex meditations, or really anything interesting. and that's the best part.after, it becomes self-important. this is a film that thinks it's brilliant. in q&a the director informed us that the beethoven rant is a serious thing, not a total joke. how embarrassing. even if it was a joke it was overlong and not very funny. but as a serious thing? come on.the film loses the good cinematography which characterized its opening and focuses more on shallow, meaningless ideas, and a general lack of thought. the director said he wrote this while going through an existential crisis, and that he is not longer in that crisis. that makes sense. this is so obviously a film about time, life, and death, made by someone who has not thought very deeply about existence. by someone who had an existential crisis, as opposed to the constant one we should all be having.
>>
>>85941476
>other things: the music is horrendous. this falls into the issue of this film thinking it's just ever so smart. so smart, so insightful, so artistic, so GOOD. but IT BAD.another thing: it feels gross to watch casey affleck, post sexual harassment allegations, in a role like this. lowery likes his protagonists, his actors, too much, and rarely seems to realise that they are not interesting or appealing to the camera. but in the case of mara, the only thing is she's bland as anything, and often uncomfortably off (the pie eating, of course, but when she bops along to that song on the headphones, that very bad song, with her weird rhythmless movements, i cringed...). but affleck, ungroomed and unkempt as if to drive home the point that he's a repulsive figure, is unpalatable.final thing: i think it's disrespectful to not sub the spanish. it tells us that what they have to say does not matter. i think it's disrespectful that they are the only people who get terrorized by the ghost. i think that in the present political climate, to have the only people terrorized and driven out of their home be latino is, if i'm being generous, tone-deaf. but even ghosts hate immigrants, i guess!
>>
>>85941476
>>85941521

literally who?

nobody cares about your shit lbx review
>>
>>85941476
The first 20 minutes were the best parts. The latter half turns into an overly self-aware Malick-type movie that takes all of the subtle themes of the first half and has a guy literally do a monologue explaining them at the audience.
>>
>>85941476
also

>letterboxd
>>
>>85941367
I need to stop watching the trailers that A24 puts out. Felt like I would've had a better time with the movie. Same thing with It Comes at Night.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.