[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Film Equivalent of the Laugh Track?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: rs_3463ec66edb459bd1dd.jpg (27KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
rs_3463ec66edb459bd1dd.jpg
27KB, 375x500px
>>
>>85931692
Breaking the fourth wall and looking at the camera?
>>
>>85931726
Any recent examples? All I can think up is Deadpool.
>>
>>85931776
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Airplane!
>>
>>85931776
Hot Tub Time Machine
>>
File: AJ_Avengers.jpg (114KB, 1600x826px) Image search: [Google]
AJ_Avengers.jpg
114KB, 1600x826px
>>85931726
Anything else? I just thought of those weird shots of that one girl throughout the climax of Avengers.
>>
Zimbabwean and the City of a Gorillion BAZINGAS
>>
the loud noise jump scare.
>>
The Wilhelm scream
>>
File: IMG_9510.jpg (79KB, 640x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9510.jpg
79KB, 640x306px
>>85931692
That thing at the end of every Nolan movie where they have a montage with Hans Zimmer music and there's some """deep""" narrated speech by the hero and then they cut to black.
>DUDE FEELS LMAO
>>
>>85932153
Oh good one, I hate hearing that scream in big budget movies, especially in a serious context.
>>
>>85932227
That's usually put in as a joke or homage by the sound people. I do agree that it breaks immersion when hearing it.
>>
>>85932227
It started as an in joke between Lucas, Spielberg and the rest of the New Hollywood crowd.

It became annoying when directors not from that generation started using it like when Peter Jackson used it in King Kong.

It's basically the same as a meme being popular on 4chan only for Reddit to steal it and run it into the ground without any reverence for whence it came from.
>>
>>85932337
Really irked me in Titanic when everyone in the engine room was dying and it's really emotional and suddenly Wilhelm Scream!
>>
>>85931692
shocking reveal/development, followed by a smash cut to black and credits.
>>
>>85931692
quips
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.