[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walks around winterfell talking about grain WHAT A GREAT LEADER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7861.jpg (97KB, 590x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7861.jpg
97KB, 590x788px
>walks around winterfell talking about grain
WHAT A GREAT LEADER
>>
>remember to dress warm, it's winter

GREATEST TACTICAL MIND OF HER GENERATION
>>
>>85925070

Why is she so thicc now, member when she was a skeleton
>>
Why would they put leather on the armor plates? Are they wearing them naked or something?

Seems like a waste of leather.
>>
>>85925152
british women get fatter with age
>>
What's her tax policy?
>>
>>85925180
Tax all men for helping the patriarchy
>>
>>85925152
She's gorging for the winter
>>
>>85925070
Yes, no leader should be concerned about something as trivial as food. People can eat cake.
>>
>>85925397
It's not that, it's:
>reprimanding elders who have lived through 5 winters already and them acting like they forgot about food
It's a contrived way for her to seem smart.
>>
>braindead bitch who has spent half her life in the south sewing and eating lemoncakes and has never seen a winter in her life telling veteran armourers how to do their jobs
bravo, queen slay, bravo
>>
Murder is a worse crime than rape, don't listen to feminist bullshit
>>
Yes, however, I don't remember Dickon dying.
>>
I swear i only keep watching this shit show for the memes
>>
>>85925070
for a second I thought your post said "WHAT A LADDER" and thought yeah you're right so much for manipulating shit and getting into power all you're doing is counting grains
>>
DUDE LEATHER BREASTPLATES LMAO
>>
>let's take grain from other northern towns
Leading suits you lady Sansha
>>
File: da_queef_in_the_norf.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
da_queef_in_the_norf.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>
aern't they applying leather over the breastplates so that the constant snow (water) won't corrode them or some shit
>>
>>85926411
and how the fuck would sansa know more about military equipment than the actual soldiers and blacksmiths? she learned how to make pretty clothes and then got passed around between guys until she ended up at winterfell. and now shes a strong leader and military expert for some reason?
>>
>>85926470
well i don't dispute that sansa's sudden expertise in armorsmithing seems forced but that's the logic behind it i think

did it happen historically?
>>
I wouldn't argue that Sansa is a Mary Sue but this was a terrible scene.

>>85926411
I thought it was for insulation
>>
>>85926530
Lol no. Leather doesnt insulate, wool is what you want, and you dont put it on the armor itself. You put on a wool sweater and then wear the breastplate over that. Layers are better than on single big garment
>>
>>85926470
no, breastplates havent been covered in leather, there is no need to keep it dry when you have a cloak and any moisture can just be wiped off after fighting or whatever
>>
>>85925070
>>85925114
>is a woman
/TV/ IS GOING TO POINT OUT ALL HER FLAWS BECAUSE THEY HATE WOMEN
>>
>>85926656
People wore gambeson under plate, which serves as insulation. They also sometimes wore cloth surcoats over mail to stop rain/mud corroding the links. A coat of plates typically had small metal sections riveted on the inside of a leather garment.

I've never heard of leather over actual plate armour tho. Its possible that nobody really bothered with leather over plate armour, as campaigns were typically fought in summer, and the people who had full-blown plate were often wealthy with many retainers to look after the armour anyway.

By the time poorer people could afford breastplates, they were so cheap Europe was shitting them out at sanic speed.

In the context of GoT where winters last forever, you can't wait for summer to fight, and plate is still sort of expensive, it seems fairly plausible.
>>
>>85925114
To be fair a lot of real world armies have fucked up in this regard.
>>
>>85928046
the difference is that a northman would know that
>>
Who will Jon Snow marry at the end Sansa or Arya?
>>
>>85926996
>someone criticizes a woman

OMG YOU FASICST YOU HATE HER BECAUSE HER VAGIIIIIIIIIINAAAAAA
>>
>>85928213
Neither. But if he had to choose, it'd be Arya and not the one who called him "half-brother" all the time.
>>
>>85925070
So is she gonna fight?
>>
>>85928046
Not when those real world armies are from the coldest fucking place in the continent....Napoleon's Grand Armee not wrapping up properly, fine. But imagine if the Red Army forgot to pack winter jackets.That was basically the equivalent of what happened in that scene.

>>85928269
Imagine how different the series would have been if everyone was nicer to Jon.
>>
>>85928269
The writers aren't going to remember her saying that
>>
>put leather on that breastplate

Is this scene supposed to make her look smart or stupid? Is she smart for telling the stupid southern men how to dress? Or is she an idiot for not realizing that the blacksmith makes steel items while someone else makes the leather items? Or not realizing that no one wears a metal breastplate on bare skin?
>>
>>85926929
>You put on a wool sweater and then wear the breastplate over that

Enjoy the itchy nipples.
>>
>be blacksmith
>spend whole life banging metal
>learned from father who spent his whole life banging metal
>he learned from his father
>need to be informed about cold weather from a 15 year old
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>hmmm excuse me lord, i know that you've been wearing armours for the last seventy years, but now you're in the north you should now that cold and steel does not match very well. Have you ever heard of method consisted of internal coating armours with insulation, it could be something like, let's say, leather? I've never wore an armour myself, but I heard it does wonders
>>
>>85928390
It's funny because Littlefinger even has a scene in the show going on about how the Knights of Vale are trained to fight in cold conditions.
>>
5 to 1 D&D will write a scene during the final battles against the Others where a walker shatters metal from sheer atmospheric cold, and a character's life will be saved from getting run through by a zombie because he was wearing leather underneath. Then another character, possibly a central leader, will praise Sans for saving lives with her foresight. You just know these scenes are coming. Cap this.
>>
>>85928361
>Enjoy the itchy nipples.
Oh I do
>>
Her brilliant plan to survive winter isnt even remotely sound though.
>every other keep and farm in the north needs to dedicate themselves to supplying winterfell
What the fuck? Ok great so now Winterfell has grain storage for like two years at max but what about the other houses? After 6 months of winter they all fucking starve to death.
>hurr durr when winters over we can just give it back
WHAT? They will be DEAD. Does she seriously expect people farming around The Dreadfort or Last Hearth to just go "oh yeah sure we will just hand over all our extra grain that we farmed in overdrive mode so that winterfell, and not us, can have extra food for winter"
Like jesus fucking christ Sansa is pulling a Stalin 5 year plan here. She's gonna kill more northeners than any army of the undead ever could.
>>
>>85928611
If the ambient air was cold enough to turn castleforged steel brittle, it would also be exceedingly cold enough to freeze the air moisture inside people's lungs, the fluid inside our eyeballs and inner ears, etc. bursting them like a pvc pipe in winter. But I won't bet against you, walkers making steel shatter without touching them would look cool af to the camera so it will probably happen.
>>
>>85928675
This show doesn't care about logistics. You might as well ask what Dany's army on Dragonstone has been eating for all these weeks.
>>
>>85926411
It would have the opposite effect, moisture would gather between the leather and metal rusting the shit out of them.
>>
>>85928675
>doubting this great ruler
>>
>>85928675
Yeah, this is literally how the Holodomor started
>>
>>85929226
Could she have brought food with her? She was well off in (I forgot the name), the ships would have been well stocked.
>>
>>85928315
> But imagine if the Red Army forgot to pack winter jackets.That was basically the equivalent of what happened in that scene.

The scene was silly but Red Army did forget to pack proper winter gear during the early days of the war. At Battle of Raate Road they just threw in some Ukrainians without proper gear into combat, which then got annihilated by Finnish forces less than half their numbers.
>>
>>85928362
>b-b-but we dont put leather under the metal m'lady.
>i said put leather on it! why arent you respecting me! i'm the lady of winterfell!!!
>s-sure m'lady
>>
>>85929691
>why aren't the swords coated in leather?
>>
>>85927498
>reddit spacing

kek shut the hell up dude
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.