[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are they kill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 6

are they kill?
>>
>>85923556
nope
>>
>>85923556
for about 5 years yeah
>>
>last season had the worst episodes in the entire series
>ratting keeps dropping
>Dennis left
>feminist writers

Yep, they are done
>>
>>85924002

>Dennis left

Just end it. No fucking point.
>>
>>85923556
The last season was the first one I didn't like more than a few episodes from. I liked the lawyer episode but it collapsed in the last ten minutes. The Cricket episodes were awful.
>>
>>85924045
>Implying he won't be back to le funny sexual deviant after the first episode of the next season
>>
>>85924061
>the cricket episodes
>episode(s)
?
>>
>>85924135
Any episode post S5 with Cricket in it is awful.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>85924045
>Dennis left
What happened?
Haven't watched the show in years
Did Glenn quit or did he just retire the character or what?
>>
>>85924186
Oh, I thought you meant there were more than one cricket episodes in the new season.
>>
>>85925737
he has another show starting I think so they wrote it so that Dennis was heading off to live with a girl he had a kid with, giving Howerton the option of leaving if he wanted, which I believe he did confirm we wasn't coming back for the next season

Think I also saw that sunny was taking a year break altogether as well
>>
The three main actors, who are also the creators of the show, hate eachother and don't work together anymore.
>>
>>85924002
>>85925903
Why are you lying?
>>
>>85926133
Source?
>>
>>85924002
>last season had the worst episodes in the entire series
If this wasn't said literally every fucking season maybe someone would take these kinds of statements seriously. It was said about season 5 and 6 already and now everyone revere those as classics.
>>
>>85926133
Did Jon punch Arins GF??
>>
They all actually drowned on that cruise ship, but Hell is the same as their daily lives.
>>
>>85927748
Really got my noggin joggin
>>
>>85927672
If they didn't try to keep topping how bad the previous season was, nobody would say it.
>>
>>85926409
he hasn't explicitly said he won't be coming back, but it is true the show is being pushed back a year and it is unclear on whether or not Glenn is returning
http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/always-sunny-philadelphia-season-13-plot-cast-trailers-rumours-2116554
>>
>>85927724
heugh
>>
Last season still had some good episodes.
>>
>>85927748
Honestly it pisses me off that this wasnt the end of the series. It would have been hilarious if the last episode was just them drowning on a cruise ship.
>>
>>85927748
>>85930042
I'm worried I'm going to remember that episode as "the way the series should have ended"
>>
>>85927672
It has been true for every new season. What do you think worst episodes of the series means, 'excluding all future episodes'? I love the show, but it's been on a downward spiral for a long time.
>>
>>85926409
Fuck off you nonce
>>
This show is literally Simpsons tier. Meaning the bad seasons now outweigh the good ones
>>
>>85931741
I've thought the same thing but every friend I've gotten to watch the show recently has told me it's gotten better with age

I dunno though, there's certainly been ups and downs but overall I agree it's been a downward spiral. Hopefully this year off they're taking will help them creatively, and Glenn actually sticks around for the next season. Also, Danny is getting pretty old, and he can't do this show forever. It wouldn't be the same without Frank or Dennis.
>>
>>85931983
Are these friends new to the series? The new seasons have fallen back on formulas, patterns, recurring themes and callbacks to formulate episodes. There are also a substantial amount of gimmick episodes in which the plot conveniently services the traits of the main characters practically by subheading throughout the episode. If someone new to the show enjoyed the newer seasons more, it would probably be because they've traded humility for brazenness (which a new viewer is more likely to respond to).

It's hard to argue for the show's current quality considering Glenn has had the end in sight since season 10. When you think about what the show was and what it is now, it makes no sense to continue it for so long.
>>
>>85932310
yeah they're completely new, like just marathoned the series in a couple weeks.

I think you're right though, and I agree that they need to just wrap it up. iirc they still have two more seasons they have to do for FX but that should be it.
>>
>>85932310
Before someone asks:
Well, you’re funny on Sunny so let’s talk about that. Are you really quitting after ten seasons?

Yes. There’s a certain point where you wear out your welcome and we don’t want to do that. We want to leave them wanting more. We spend a lot of time trying to find new lines to cross. We’re not trying to offend people or gross them out, but we’re looking to surprise them. I think we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, so it’s time to stop. I’m sure there are already a few people who are like 'Jesus Christ is that show still on? Go away.'"
>>
>>85932597
I just struggle to understand how someone can prefer the newer episodes. You can take any scene from seasons 3-5 and see how natural and organic the comedy was compared to a newer scene. The most obvious thing is the dialogue, those prime episodes were packed to the brim with great dialogue. One thing I hate in the newer seasons is the way Mac and Charlie have a weirdly strained relationship. They used to have a 'childhood buddy' dynamic but half the new episodes are Charlie being retarded and Mac reacting with high pitched incredulity.

I understand a show shouldn't stay the same forever but when the core elements aren't 'suprising' or engaging any more, just end it. The most praised recent episodes are those that make radical changes to the tone or style of the show, and that's fine once in a while but not when it's necessary to keep people watching.
>>
>>85932907
for the most part I agree, although I do think there are some episodes in the later seasons that stand out as better without drastically changing the show up, but those are few and far between
>>
>>85923556

I hope so, unfunny garbage
>>
>>85933842
WUBBA LUB DUB FELLOW RICK AND MERTY FAN! PICKLES LOLOL
>>
>>85933842
What's an example of a funny show?
>>
>>85933928

Rick and morty isn't much better
>>
>>85933975
The Big Bang Therory
>>
>>85933975

Not many funny shows out there anymore because there's alot of sacred cows. I'll pick a film, The Guard comes to mind.
>>
>>85933975
Mike Tyson Mysteries
>>
In terms of the latest season being the worst, I have to agree. That being said I did really like the Daddy and the Boy episode and the episode about Frank calling Mac a faggot, they weren't really as gimmicky as some of the others. Also, despite popular opinion on this site, I did like the Gang Turns Black, it just didn't seem like an Always Sunny episode, it was so removed from reality.
>>
File: 1487382258267.jpg (9KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1487382258267.jpg
9KB, 177x278px
People still watch this show?
>>
>>85934116
>The Guard
Never heard of it. Seems well reviewed, though. Too bad I hate Don Cheadle (had an argument once, he was a total bitch), otherwise looks interesting.
>>
>>85934176
The Gang Turns Black was almost like they were guest characters as themselves on another show, it was so weird.
So was the episode dedicated to Cricket. The ending of that episode made me laugh really hard even though it was so setup and obvious
>>
>>85934339
The Cricket episode was pretty funny, but only 17 minutes long? Come on, even if there's just 3 or 4 more minutes of padding it's better. It was like watching 'The FX Commercial Half-Hour featuring Rickety Cricket and the Sunny Gang!'
>>
>>85924135
two separate episodes linked together, one from the gang's point of view and another from Cricket's
>>
File: mstsimpsons.jpg (12KB, 320x245px) Image search: [Google]
mstsimpsons.jpg
12KB, 320x245px
The show has been on 12 years already, you expect it to remain perfect this whole time?

The series keeps losing its narrative with each passing year anyway. When it was quirky moronic 20 somethings doing bar hijinks it worked, when it becomes a bunch of loser pathetic 40 somethings still remaining in a bar it turns into a totally different story.

Then it is more about how fucking sad the gang is for being such losers through life. Or some kind of cautionary tale.

No one wants to watch a show consisting of five Franks.
>>
>>85932907
It's weird going back to season 1 and 2 and seeing just how insanely each character has been flanderized to a caricature of what they were.
>>
god this isn't how i expected the show to end at all
the only thing i saw coming was Mac admitting he was gay
still missing
>dee killing her self
>dennis being a serial killer this whole time
>charlie and frank run away into the woods
>>
>>85935033
>>charlie and frank run away into the woods
Nah. They are completely dumbfounded by the woods. Probably would thrive in the sewers, however.
>>
>>85935085
yeah that be better if they became sewer people
>>
latest season's first half was kino but second half absolute rubbish
it's pleb filter really, look at the asshurt people itt saying it's dead
>>
>>85935161
well think about it
they have a lot of fans who DONT want it to end
If you go to their facebook page or twitter there are hundreds of comments begging for a new season each time it seems like the end

But it's really time desu
>>
>>85935033
I think it should end with Frank dying, leaving all his money to Charlie, because he thinks Charlie is he son. The waitress would want Charlie then, because he is rich.
>>
>>85935161
nah a handful of good jokes per episode is not kino
>>
That one episode where Mac and Dennis get a house together in the suburbs in either the last season or the season before was hilariou
>>
top 5 best sunny episodes and top 5 worst?

Best:
Reynolds vs. Reynolds: The Cereal Defense
The Nightman Cometh
The D.E.N.N.I.S. System
Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person
The Great Recession

Worst:
PTSDee
A Very Sunny Christmas
Who Pooped the Bed
The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6
Frank Reynold's Little Beauties

agree or disagree?
>>
>>85936083
I can't really strongly disagree with you on the whole, but surely there are worse episodes than PTSDee. I guess because I used to do standup I like the idea that such an awful comedian was the product of a vast conspiracy as opposed to the reality that they do exist and people actually encourage them.
>>
>>85936214
I only threw that one in there because I literally could not think of another episode. Also, the episode you're thinking of is "The Gang Broke Dee", PTSDee is about Dee getting revenge on a male stripper who said she was his "rock bottom".
>>
>>85936083
What's wrong with Franks little beauties
>>
>>85936083
>Worse
>A Very Sunny Christmas
I can agree with everything else but this one.
Frank's brother should be on there instead
>>
>>85936335
Oh shit, you're right. Yeah, kind of tough to disagree with your top 5s without actively seeking out worse episodes to dethrone yours, which I don't feel would be a good use of my time. Every season has its duds, and the more they hand over writing duties to literally whos from twitter and what not, the more duds there are. If you combine all the good episodes, you end up with about 4 seasons of killer TV.
>>
>>85936496
Not him, but good call. Hated that episode. Seemed like a filler, ep TBHFAMALAM. Fuck Frank's bro.
>>
>>85935033
Keep thinking the series will end with them actually going to prison for all their various illegal shit.
>>
>>85936450
personally I find that whole episode really uncomfortable to watch, especially the whole minute of that boy dancing shirtless

>>85936496
>>85936558
I overlooked that episode desu. Nothing funny happened in it, pretty boring
>>
>>85935464
Wasn't there an episode where they hook up and she wants to move in & have his baby so he freaks out and moves with Dee, alongside everyone? Isn't he over her basically?
>>
>>85936824
Or one of the people they have seriously screwed over kills them.
>>
>>85936083
frank reynold little beauties is great tbqh.
>>
>>85936824
>>85936954
Actually this could make for a good ending. Something like the McPoyle's wedding episode where they were being questioned by the police.

Only the gang is murdered and the police have the McPoyles, Mac's dad, Cricket, The Lawyer, The Waitress, Bill Ponderosa, and Bruce Mathis for questioning. And they cannot figure out who is the real killer.
>>
>>85924002
It's almost as if not hiring the writers who've been working on the show for years and replacing them with minorities and women is a bad idea
>>
>>85937314
But after hearing all the stories, the detectives decide they don't care who killed them, since the killer was probably doing society a favor.
>>
>>85933975
Jon Benjamin has a van
>>
>>85934176
The faggot episode and "Dee's revenge" were the only episodes written by glenn, charlie, and rob, no suprise there.
Only other good episode this season was the water park, rest was trash.
>>
>>85937488
>series ends with the world genuinely being a better place after the gang is dead
>everyone leaves the police station at dawn and sees the amazing sunrise of a bright new day for humanity
>>
>>85936083
Little Beauties was a top 5 episode tho
>>
>>85924186
my favourite is still the hips and nips one
>>
>>85924186
my favourite is still the hips and nips one
>>85934140
that show is fucking gold
>>
>>85936083
Waitress is Getting Married
The Nightman Cometh
The Cereal Defense
Little Beauties
Charlie: King of the Rats

I don't know if I really have a bottom 5. I guess the ski episode and the Christmas one both stick out as bad to me.
>>
>>85928974
just look at their imdb page you idiot
>>
>>85938227
You must be young. The ski episode was spot on satire of many 80s movies.
>>
>>85923556
This show hasn't been good since 2012
>>
>>85937759
I used to like that show.
>>
>>85938236
you're trolling right?
>>
>>85938426
No, are you?
>>
>>85938300
I felt like they already did that with Lethal Weapon 5. It felt like old ground, especially considering how often the 80s get parodied
>>
>>85938460
why do you think an imdb page has more merit than the guy's interview?
>>
>>85938522
But it's a very specific genre. There was a wave of party bro ski movies. I think you weren't really alive or aware at that time, so you just missed it. Doesn't make you a bad person or anything, I'm sure you're bad for other legitimate reasons.
>>
>>85936083
In no particular order

Top 5
Who Got Dee Pregnant?
The Gang Goes on Family Fight
The Nightman Cometh
The D.E.N.N.I.S. System
Frank's Pretty Woman

Worst 5:
The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition
The Gang Broke Dee
Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy
The Gang Turns Black
Ass Kickers United: Mac and Charlie Join a Cult
>>
>>85939226
Not him, but your top 5 are all great episodes. HOWEVER, The Gang Broke Dee is gold.
>>
File: 1478477142815.jpg (57KB, 441x369px) Image search: [Google]
1478477142815.jpg
57KB, 441x369px
>>85939226
>Hating Old Lady House and Ass Kickers United
>>
>>85936083
God it's so hard to pinpoint which ones I love and which ones I hate because there's so many good ones and even the bad ones have some genuinely funny moments. But episodes that I find consistently funny is
>The Gang Gives Back
>The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis
>Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games
>Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack

Newest season has really fallen off though, sadly
>>
I stopped watching this shit after season 2 years ago.
>>
>>85923556
I'm just hoping that in a year or two they'll go for one last season to wrap it all up and go out in style. The show was very even for me, I liked every season pretty much equally, so I doubt I'd be disappointed.
>>
>>85936083
Best:
The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis
The Nightman Cometh
The Anti-social Network
Paddy's Pub: Home of the Original Kitten Mittens
Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person

Worst:
A Cricket's Tale
The Gang Spies Like U.S.
Frank's Brother
Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy
Charlie Rules the World
>>
>>85926133

So much bullshit, half of them are literally married to each other.
>>
>>85936083

Who pooped the bed is certainly not one of the worst episodes.
>>
>>85939226
I like your top 5, you must not have enjoyed the new season though. Same here.

>>85939969
>The Game of Games
great episode, didn't like the sequel episode much though

>>85940157
>The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis

I think if there was every just an episode to describe Sunny, that would be it
>>
>>85938522
The last three seasons have been so much repeating old jokes and callbacks.

>>85938972
South Park made the same joke of the same movie with the same style ten years earlier
>>
>>85940640
> South Park made the same joke of the same movie with the same style ten years earlier

Simpsons did it before them
>>
>>85940373
>I like your top 5, you must not have enjoyed the new season though. Same here.

Season 12 has some highlights such as Hero or Hate Crime or this scene ( https://streamable.com/9olla ), but all in all, I feel like it was pretty mediocre indeed.
>>
>>85940708
what 80's ski movie parody did they make?
>>
>>85939226
The Gang Broke Dee is a top 10 episode
>>
>>85937951
>i guess we were always sunny in philadelphia
>>
>>85941217
SO HOL UP
IS YOU SAYIN'
IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA OR SUMPIN?
>>
i hate the

>le mac is gay

gag when he's fucked women and even double dipped on dennis' girls
>>
Whoever came up with the idea for a singing, race-swap episode should reevaluate their life. Worst, cringiest thing ever. [/spoiler]Although I'M GONNA SAY THE N WORD did make me laugh[/spoiler]
>>
>>85936858
>personally I find that whole episode really uncomfortable to watch, especially the whole minute of that boy dancing shirtless
t. diddler
>>
File: 1495909887548.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495909887548.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
>tfw the water park ep was one of the best
>>
>>85941864
t. Ronald McDonald
>>
>>85942181
but mac is bisexual at least faggot
>>
>>85934804
Fuck I do
>>
>>85926536
Most of them are married to each other... anon is chatting shit.
>>
Being Frank and Charlie Work are really great episodes
>>
>>85943542
they were both pretty good

>>85942148
I wouldn't quite say one of the best but one of the best this season for sure
>>
>>85923556
If it could have ended with season 7/the high-school reunion we would all remember it as pure comedy gold
>>
>>85937447
The episodes /tv/ bitched about the most were the ones written by the gang though.
>>
>>85944960
doyouhaveasinglefacttobackthatup.jpg
>>
>>85940858
it's the "simpsons did it first" meme
poor Butters
>>
They should just end it. Last season was terrible. Go out with what little dignity they have left.
>>
>>85936083
>Frank Reynold's Little Beauties
>Bad

FUCK OFF
>>
>>85936083
Best is anything from season 3-5, take your pick.

Worst:
A Cricket's Tale
The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6
McPoyle vs Ponderossa Trial of the Century
Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo
The Gang Squashes Their Beefs
>>
>>85933928
>>85934074

For a show concerning intellect it's perplexing that their diehard audience act like wrestlemania enthusiasts.
>>
>>85949721
BUUURRRRP Time is a BUUURRRRP flat circle BUUUURRRP
>>
Last season was great best one in years of course you negative loser faggots can't actually enjoy anything though.
>>
>>85950036
fuck off cuck
everything sucks and everything's jewish and degenerate
I would have killed myself long ago if it weren't for the promise of the day of the rope
>>
>>85924186
Wasn't Cricket in the Christmas Special?
>>
>>85950036
yeah usually people always say whatever season was the most recent was trash but desu I actually didn't like this season that much. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't say it is the best one in years
>>
the first season was the only truly great one. as soon as frank got involved it started a slow but steady descent.
>>
>>85934074
Why do you lie?
>>
>>85936083
Replace "Little beauties" with the one where they turn black.
>>
>>85941864
They didn't handle it very well.
The gang would make a joke about him being gay and it'd go over his head.
When they try to clarify what they're laughing at he just says "Whatever, drop it"
>>
>>85941864
>>85942253
just because you've banged a chick or dated some chicks before doesn't make you bi though. A lot of gays living in denial do fuck women and form relationships with women, it's pretty common
>>
>>85951149
Eh? I started watching this show and the first season only struck me as "Okay." It was only once the second season hit that the episodes started being genuinely funny. Lot like Parks and Recreation.
>>
>>85941864
I know. The joke was supposed to be that he admires the male physique so much that it borders on homoeroticism (see /fit/) and they ruined it.
>>
File: animal_mother.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
animal_mother.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
Is there a official /tv/ chatroom?
>>
It hasn't been good since DeVito joined and made it Reddit: The TV Show
>>
>>85954546
4chan is Reddit: I'm better than you edition
>>
It's gone downhill since they made it a TV show. Should have just kept it a skit shot on VHS.
>>
>>85954797
topkek
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.