[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Babadook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: The-Babadook-Poster.jpg (14KB, 261x382px) Image search: [Google]
The-Babadook-Poster.jpg
14KB, 261x382px
Thoughts on this? I thought the first hour was incredibly chilling and I often had cover my eyes because I was freaked out. But I was disappointed with the final half hour, when it descends into predictable "character is falling into madness" territory. I feel like it's an overdone trope and a lot of the tension gets cut away. It would be scarier if the character mostly retains her sanity. For me the scary part was how the monster seemed everywhere and nowehere, behind every corner. I like how the imagery in the movie is filled with claws (the trees, the hair, etc).

So I don't know. Some parts of this were amazingly well done and creepy as hell but I'm not crazy about the narrative or ending. The movie was scarier when it was the child that seemed almost like a demon, and not the mother.
>>
I'm on the same page as you Anon. I loved the film as it slowly ramped up and the Babadook started to appear in more places, but when the finale rolled around it stumbled and we resorted to the kid having to shoot his mum with a back-mounted catapult. Fantastic film though.
>>
Thought it was alright. The children at the party couldn't act for shit though, that whole sequence felt out of place.

Loved the scene where she sees herself on television, that's probably one of my favourite modern horror 'scenes' I've seen
>>
File: IMG_5725.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5725.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>85921520
The kids autism was the most frightening thing in that movie. Guess having a single mother would do that
>>
I didn't like this film, the kid was too annoying, why couldn't he be likeable?

:^)
>>
aussies can't into horror. it turned into an unintentional comedy.
>>
File: Typical anon.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Typical anon.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>
>>85922068
fuck i'd throw the child out the car and drive away
>>
>>85922232

That was the point, the kid was supposed to be super annoying. She was having to deal with the grief of losing her husband and the pressure of being seen to keep it all together even when her everyday life is pretty difficult.

Agree with the Op though, the 'twist' that basically the monster was just her grief overwhelming her and it turns into her trying to kill her child seemed to rob the film of some of its tension. But lets be honest most horror films suffer a little from this, especially when the villain is somehow mysterious or unknown.
>>
>>85922232
thats why you are here
>>
>>85922425

scariest part of the movie was when she was reading the picture book
>>
Anyone have a webm of the Babadook crawling on the ceiling?
>>
>>85922232
Don't have children.
Problem solved.
>>
>>85923730
good goy
>>
>>85921520
Your post reads like a shill post.

>I often had cover my eyes because I was freaked out.
Like seriously, who the fuck does this? Are you 12?
>>
>>85925811
somd of us are actually massive pussies (myself included)
>>
>>85921520
Babadook? More like by-the-book. There wasn't anything original in this "horror" that hasn't been seen in any of the countless "horror movies" Hollywood keeps making. The genre is entirely gone save for the occasional indie/foreign shit that doesn't treat the source script a Save the Cat treatment.
>>
It was merely decent.

That makes it one of the best horror movies of the decade.
>>
the kid made a 9/10 movie a 6/10 because he couldn't act for shit and grinned through all his scenes like a retard no matter the tone of the scene
>>
>>85926908
he was like that kid from the dentist
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.