[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Her"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: johnny5.jpg (8KB, 298x167px) Image search: [Google]
johnny5.jpg
8KB, 298x167px
Why was the movie "Her" so cringe-worthy?

I could barely tune in for a few seconds before feeling embarrassed for the guy.

Was it simply because the guy is so beta, or was it because he fell in love with a dis-incarnate voice he could never have a "tangible" relationship with? If the voice was that of a ghost, spirit, or goddess would it have changed the context, and your opinion of the guy and movie any? Or was it simply the idea that the guy feell for an algorithm that gave the impression of mimicking human emotion, and not actually feeling it that thing that makes it so "cringy"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDd49NF583g
>>
>>85909710
maybe its just not your movie. go watch The Expendables again
>>
File: whoisthat.jpg (51KB, 854x480px)
whoisthat.jpg
51KB, 854x480px
>>85909791

Too busy watching anni-me and Starwars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9MPvUI3BrY
>>
>>85909710
Maybe you just don't get it baby boomer.
A romance movie about a man and a computer made me think. Spike Jonze and (((Charlie Kaufman))) are creative geniuses.
>>
>>85909710
Have you ever been in a relationship? And then break up? If you haven't experienced this is probably hard to relate to the story in the movie, the guy was through a divorce, leaving behind what he thought it would be the love of his life, depressed for it he found emotional refuge in an emotional being. Kinda like in a long distance relationship and even then they addressed the problem of the physical touch. You need to have been through something similar in order to relate and understand the story.
>>
>>85911368
>A romance movie about a man and a computer made me think
Made me think too, mainly that scifi romance is a genre with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>85911902
The technology was just a mobile to the plot, as usual /tv/ can only scratch the surface of plots
>>
>>85913375
however you make it ok in your head, it's a romance, a chick flick that numales and fags might tolerate but actual men would rightly run from.
>>
guy cant get a gf, installs gf.
whats not to get? sounds like me and a bunch others.
>>
it's not a love movie
>>
was it because he was sort of effeminate?
>>
>>85913375
Yes, and people like to self-insert and all that shit. did it make you realize what people actually need for love or what
Doesn't change the fact that it's a simple romance with shallow characters. Many of them were very over-the-top with their emotions and it was hard to watch because of it.
Sure you can like it, I didn't mind it much myself. The themes were all very clear and what made you think likely was... jus not much, really. i get it but its nothing out of the ordinary. nothing what hasnt been said or done before.
>>
>>85913518
Thanks for the buzzwords I totally haven't read em today
>>
One of the only movies that was playing in the background which caught my attention enough to actually watch it. Was pretty good
>>
File: her.png (941KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
her.png
941KB, 1280x528px
Who was in the wrong?
>>
>>85909710
Too much romance not enough sci-fi

>>85911902
Ex Machina was alright
But a bit too much romance not enough sci-fi

>>85914133
I couldn't get very far in this film.
It keeps trying to force you to empathise with a robot, a literal machine.
Am I also supposed to feel sorry for the washing machine filled with toe-jam socks or the toilet when I shit?
>>
>>85909710

I think it was the personality of the guy that annoyed me when i tuned in for a few minutes, that annoyed me. Is it worth watching from start to finish?
>>
>>85914461
You'll just be annoyed by the guy then, depends if you can bear that. Other characters are worse, IMO.
It's a good romance film. But still a romance.
>>
File: 1484622294611.png (285KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1484622294611.png
285KB, 444x440px
>>85914133

All the fat people in that movie, giving into their worst instincts.... rather ironic that obesity and heart disease are the number one killers of the "impoverished" in the USA.

Part of Freedom is being able to make the wrong choices; certain groups of people know that there's money to be made by pushing and exploiting the negative behaviors that people choose to engage in.... and afterall, it's not like they're forcing them to do it, they're just "giving them what they want". *rubs hands*

>We're talking about capitalists, right?
>>
>>85914461
jp is great at playing annoying characters, probably because he he can't be any other way.
>>
cuck movie dont watch
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.