[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only liked the first half of this movie. Anyone else or am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg (99KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
Full_Metal_Jacket_poster.jpg
99KB, 300x454px
I only liked the first half of this movie. Anyone else or am I just a huge faggot?
>>
Yes and yes.
>>
>>85904410

Nice. *throws up a hi-five*
>>
Kinda the same here. It wasn't like the second half was bad, but it becomes a completely different movie and it's not fun anymore. That was probably the point, killing gooks is good and all, but sometimes snipers ruin everyt
>>
underage &ban

when ur older than 14 youll understand
>>
I like it all the up until the dumb sniper scene
The battle at the airfield is short but it was pretty well made and I like the banter between the marines
>>
Before seeing this I already knew the ending had someone making his first kill and getting the thousand yard stare. As I was watching it, I thought that person was going to be Pyle. How surprised I was when I realized Joker was the MC the whole time.
>>
This movie is really one of the great plebfilters
>>
>>85904386
but it's pointless without the second part
>>
>>85904386
Well, I was the same when I was younger, but the ending actually is pretty fucking sweet. But yeah, the boot camp sequence is amazing. Kubrick dude.
>>
>>85904386
You're a huge faggot. It's not even that good until they get to Vietnam
>>
I like the second half better
>>
>>85904752
>the dumb sniper scene
>dat repetitive slo-mo shot
Truly the most unintentionally hilarious scene of the 80s.
>>
the second half is just as memorable as the first, it needs time to digest though
>>
Why did he film it in England. It didn't feel right at all
>>
>>85904386
Nah, 2nd half is appreciably worse. You should read Dispatches, though, it's an expanded version of coverage the screenwriter did on yhe Vietnam War for Esquire. It pulls off the second half's structure much more effectively in prose. Several stories in the 2nd half are recycled from Dispatches. The author is Michael Herr.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>85906399
this is what plebs actually think.
>>85906480
Kubrick didn't like flying. he was a big guy.
>>
All of the most memorable bits are in the second half.
>>
>>85904576

Sniping with an AK-47/74 though?

Plus she was a woman.

Animal Mother could have easily suppressed her ass while they flanked her from Short A.
>>
>>85906555

Nice trips

But the second half plays into Kubrick's exploration of men-without-women and then men-against-women

And I thought the source was Hasford?
>>
>>85904386
the 2nd half is a joke. there was literally one ghetto neighborhood where soldiers just burned down during vietnam. other than that all combat took place in the jungle. i think kubrick got vietnam mixed with WW2
>>
2nd half > 1st half but you probably don't have a college education yet
>>
>>85906684
You can "snipe" with just about anything. Mosin Nagants have pretty shitty accuracy even compared to other bolt-action rifles at the time, especially when coupled with corrosive-primed Soviet milsurp ammo, and yet that's what the most lethal sniper in history used to kill 500 people.
>>
>>85906715
Herr cowrote the screenplay with Hasford and Kubrick. His influence is stronger in the 2nd half, Hasford's in the first.

Dispatches is a lot better than short timers, though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.