[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunger x wonder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

why didn't Hunger Games have the same cultural impact as Wonder Woman? How is Wonder woman a "gamechanger" with people mentioning it with "oscar" at the same phrase when Hunger Games did it before and earned more?
>>
>>85896120
Because hunger games is worse than wonder woman
>>
>>85896185
In what way?
>>
>>85896185
P much this
>>
>>85896120
I think it's too soon for discussing about WW making a cultural impact and Oscars have been worthless for while, even more than usual, but Wondie would never get a movie if The Hunger Games didn't make money first. The old jews ruling Hollywood were really afraid of a female lead outside a romcom but all the money Katniss brought made them change their minds.
>>
>>85896120
Both Hunger Games and Jennifer Lawrence are trash.
That's why.
>>
>>85896703
Lawrence is a better actress than Gadot.
>>
>>85896636
>Wondie would never get a movie if The Hunger Games didn't make money first.
Hunger Games came out 5 years ago and Marvel still didn't wanna put out a female solo superhero anyway. WW got made 'cause it's the most iconic female superhero and DC needed some sort of wildcard to make up for MoS and BvS's disappointments.
>>
>>85896863
Marvel is the white male club. It can't be helped. They left women and minorities for phase 3, when the market is solid, but the real people had their movies first.
>>
>>85896120
Literally anyone mentioning Wonder Woman for Oscar consideration is a braindead delusional retard.
>>
because katniss everdene is a weak and selfish role model
>>
File: 1499396453398.jpg (86KB, 518x621px) Image search: [Google]
1499396453398.jpg
86KB, 518x621px
>>85896120
>why didn't Hunger Games have the same cultural impact as Wonder Woman? How is Wonder woman a "gamechanger" with people mentioning it with "oscar" at the same phrase when Hunger Games did it before and earned more?

Because massive PR spend
>>
>>85897250
But she volunteered for her sister. Also she accepted her role as a symbol for the rebellion.
>>
>>85896185
Far, far worse. Those movies were insultingly bad. I can overlook sub-par effects way easier than a story that treats the audience like retards.
>>
>>85896120
Every studio organizes Oscar campaigns for their biggest movies. Hunger Games had one and so does Wonder Woman.
>>
Main character of Hunger Games spends most of the movies waking up and having the plot explained to her. She is less of a driving force and more of a puppet.
Wonder Woman always acted by her own agenda.
>>
>>85896120
Starting from what age was Diana able to win the Hunger games?
>>
The Hunger Games are actually very good young adult books unfairly lumped together with the likes of Twilight. I mean I like Harry Potter alot more but the Hunger Games has alot stronger themes in my opinion. I think Katniss is an interesting character since while she's female she's not defined by what boy she's interested in and while she's fairly heroic in some sense she's also not perfect. The books fucking end with her suffering PTSD and just accepting that she'll never be truly happy, kind of heavy stuff for a "kids" book.
>>
>>85897865
That makes sense. I am convinced.
>>
>>85897865
That's kind of the point up until when she shoots coin in the last book/movie.
>>
File: IMG_0460.jpg (250KB, 2048x1034px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.jpg
250KB, 2048x1034px
>>85897896
Probably about nine.
>>
>>85896120
Because nerd shit was dubbed "cool" by marketers, effectively saying "don't worry girls, no one will make fun of you for liking this now. And if they do, just call them mysoginist rapist and we'll back you up." "Bring shekels."
>>
>>85896120
Hunger Games appealed to teenagers and that awful demographic called "young adults".
Wonder Woman appealed to all ages. I saw old as shit people going on their own to watch the movie, which I doubt was the case with HG, as well as kids around 6 or 7.
Movies like Hunger Games make all their money from fanboys rushing to watch them on opening weekend, while Wonder Woman's box office success developed throughout its whole run. If you check out boxofficemojo, opening weekends for the two first HG movies were 37% of its total gross, while WW's was 26%, and might get as low as 25%.

tl;dr: It's because it appeals to a much broader demographic.
>>
>>85896120
OP, Wonder Woman isn't a "game changer" but the rabid feminazi's and their sjw closet fag lapdog cucks are harping on about it because comic book movies are big now and they desperately need something to draw attention to their fanatical ideology of female domination and "diversity".

They wanted Ghostbusters 2016 to be that film and were hoping that The Dark Tower would be a hit, because of the gender/ethnic switch made to the main characters. But both crashed and burned and they ran as fast as they could from them.

Wonder Woman made bank, good for WB/DC since it means that they filled their pockets with money for making a shitty movie and wont be encouraged to do better, and these fucking morons are going on about it because they think that it supports their fanatical dogma that everyone is with them.

The SJW's have become insane which is why they've pushed moderates away and why Donald Trump is now their President. So they ignore the fact that there's been a plenty of movies with kick ass female protagonists (Resident Evil, Underworld, Tomb Raider, Hunger Games etc...) and have gone up their own asses. The movie was trash but it was a shiny object to signal their virtue and next year they'll do the same with Black Panther!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>85896863
I've been saying for FUCKING YEARS that Marvel was stupid for not making a Black Widow movie to capitalize Scar-jo's post-Avengers career boost. Why do you think that piece of shit Luc Besson 'Lucy' made money?!? A BW movie should have been made and released between Winter Soldier and Age of Dulltron, preferably Directed by Paul Verhoeven!!!FACT!!!
>>
People were tired of YA shit by the time Catching Fire came out.
>>
>>85902453
Paul Verhoeven has too much style for Marvel. They like their movies bland.
>>
File: Laura-Harrier-Feet-2848350.jpg (1MB, 3312x2312px) Image search: [Google]
Laura-Harrier-Feet-2848350.jpg
1MB, 3312x2312px
>>85897066
Captain Marvel is going to fucking bomb and the pic attached is why. Brie Larson is a fucking fugly zero charisma non-entity and has no business playing her. 5 years ago Jennifer Lawrence would have been ideal but she turned into a mega-cunt and would want insane money not to mention the bad publicity she'd bring because of said cuntishness. But Larson as Captain Marvel is a fucking disaster waiting to happen!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>85896120

Exactly the same question as to why Kingsman had a bigger impact than Stormbreaker
>>
>>85902643
Your opinion is shit and worthless FACT
>>
Hunger games Sux!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.