[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got back from seeing this Did I like it /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: dunkirk-poster-600x889.jpg (95KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
dunkirk-poster-600x889.jpg
95KB, 600x889px
Just got back from seeing this

Did I like it /tv/?
>>
>>85887781
No, you were bored.

It was well shot and well scored (like any Nolan film), but the achronology was a dumb gimmick which failed to mask the dull story.
>>
>>85887781
you loved it. you appreciated how straightforward it was about being about community, and what it means to fight a war.
>>
>>85887842
>>85887922
which one is it guys?
>>
>>85887781
You're blind and couldn't see it.
>>
>>85887922
>three different time periods laced together
>straightforward

Nigga, go buy a dictionary.
>>
>>85888053
>the most simplest nolan time gimmick so far
>still confused you
Fuck man. i dont know. youre retarded.
>>
File: Dunkirk1.jpg (40KB, 539x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk1.jpg
40KB, 539x600px
>>85887781
just like it for the memes
>>
>>85888159
I mean, he use the n-word so that means he's probably black or wanna-be, which is the same with retarded.
>>
File: NECegsUsrmPpFL_2_b.jpg (37KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NECegsUsrmPpFL_2_b.jpg
37KB, 600x316px
>Wears the mask
>Crashes planes with no survivors
>Torches own plane with flare and the fire rises

Was getting caught part of his plan?
>>
>>85888162
CRASHING THIS REICH
>>
>>85889845
Nolan knew that the memery of the scene was so deep that when he wrote it it must have struck a primal cord, something completely artful. So he expanded on it here.
>>
You appreciated the cinematography and the atmosphere that Nolan was able to conceive to the viewers, but think that it lacks real substance and its biggest fault is what it tries to achieve - complete lack of anything standard, including looking at morals and reaching a deeper conclusion or an insight into the human situation.

You thought this is Nolan's greatest film, yet still think that's not a great achievement.

You also saw it in imax and believe that viewing it in any other way is a waste of time and other resources.
>>
>>85890682
>tfw Nolan was trying to figure out how to end the movie in the best manner possible

>tfw one of his four kids who actually uses the internet introduced him to baneposting

>tfw he embraces the meme and realizes 'the fire rising' can symbolize Britain's spirit after the miracle of Dunkirk

>tfw he hires Tom Hardy for that sole purpose

>tfw he might win an Oscar because of it

>tfw tv unintentionally helped Nolan create kino through meme magic
>>
I think the ending could've been better, with the final shot in the toilet with the the soldier finally taking the huge shit he's been holding in that week
>>
>>85891149
There's no way he hadn't shit himself already at some point.
>>
>>85890904
>>tfw he might win an Oscar because of it
I sure hope he wins an oscar for best Director.

I also hope he is aware of baneposting. I really do.
>>
>>85891829
I'm a rational man
There needs too be direct evidence of poop sliding out of his butthole to let the audience know
>>
>>85887781
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
yes
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.