[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What year is it set in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: apocalypto4-e1411435550805.jpg (248KB, 1528x831px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypto4-e1411435550805.jpg
248KB, 1528x831px
I thought classical Mayan civilization collapsed in the 9th century and Spanish ships arrived 500 odd years later? Or were the settlements based in the north? Where and when are these events supposed to occur?
>>
>I thought

That's a lie and you know it.
>he takes history lessons from 4chan
>>
>>85876796
How is it a lie? I learnt about it when I was like 10 years old man cut me some slack. A quick Google says I'm correct. I wouldn't take history lessons from 4chan by itself but some anons do know what they're talking about and can at least lead the way or open a dialogue. Sorry I didn't just start another shitposting meme thread
>>
>>85876713
>9th century
Go back to school you absolute retard
>>
>>85876889
>In archaeology, the classic Maya collapse is the decline of Classic Maya civilization and the abandonment of Maya cities in the southern Maya lowlands of Mesoamerica between the 8th and 9th centuries, at the end of the Classic Maya Period
Hence my asking if it was located in the north and more about it generally, you retard.
>>
>>85876713
>mayan
>civilization
>classical
>>
>>85876985
t. Brainlet
>>
File: 34.jpg (10KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
10KB, 268x188px
>mfw OP didnt get the ending, colon discovering america
>>
>et in pre-Columbian Yucatan and Guatemala around the year 1511
>While the phrase "pre-Columbian era" literally refers only to the time preceding Christopher Columbus's voyages of 1492, in practice the phrase is usually used to denote the entire history of indigenous Americas cultures until those cultures were vanquished, diminished, or extensively altered by Europeans, even if this happened decades or centuries after Columbus's first landing. For this reason the alternative terms of Precontact Americas, Pre-Colonial Americas or Prehistoric Americas are also in use. In areas of Latin America the term usually used is Pre-Hispanic. Similarly, the Norse colonization of North America is generally not treated as "pre-Columbian", despite the fact that it predates Columbus by several centuries.
>This was followed by the fall of Zaculeu, the Mam Maya capital, in 1525.[106] Francisco de Montejo and his son, Francisco de Montejo the Younger, launched a lengthy series of campaigns against the polities of the Yucatán Peninsula in 1527, and finally completed the conquest of the northern portion of the peninsula in 1546.[107] This left only the Maya kingdoms of the Petén Basin independent.[108] In 1697, Martín de Ursúa launched an assault upon the Itza capital Nojpetén and the last remaining independent Maya city fell to the Spanish.
>>
>>85877112
Wasn't Mayan civilization as a whole very different after the 9th century though? After the disease, migrations and etc there was a big change up in settlement, art etc. Or am I mistaken?
>>85877067
Of course I did, but if you could read I wasn't sure how the film all fit in the timeline.
>>
>>85877192
I haven't seen this movie and I know nothing about the topic.
I just like history and looked that stuff up on wikipedia.
>>
>>85877250
Then watch the bts. They mention that on this day and time blah blah there really was an eclipse
>>
>>85876713
>Where and when are these events supposed to occur?
Dude, I saw this kind of thing just outside the resort I stayed at in Cancun last month.
>>
>>85877192
>but muh 9th century
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.