[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the plebs verdict of this movie? What about /tv/'s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (9KB, 184x273px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 184x273px
What is the plebs verdict of this movie? What about /tv/'s?
>>
Kino

Plebs saw the emoji movie instead
>>
Plebs hate it because they think a war film needs to have Johnny from Nebraska and Bob from Iowa talk about their kids back home waiting for them while they have Krauts divebombing their ass nonstop for days at a time
>>
No black soldiers

We wuz soldierzzz and shiet
>>
File: 1501508695868.jpg (201KB, 2550x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1501508695868.jpg
201KB, 2550x1062px
It's fucking average, picture is good but they bashed every history aspect of the moovie.

>i'll be usefull sir
>>
Plebs don't understand the 3 different timelines are modeled after shepard-risset glissando
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AlDqFgQnqQ

Plebs don't understand the historical accuracy
http://www.gq.com/story/dunkirk-according-to-a-dunkirk-historian
>>
word around town is that it was twink kino
>>
Pretty good. Loudest thing I think I've ever heard.
>>
>>85862803
There are black french soldiers on screen at least twice
>>
>>85863398
people at my theater kept glancing nervously at the speakers in the back because they started vibrating violently at some of the loudest parts lol
>>
>>85863398
>>85863520
Maybe my cinema sucks but I could not hear 50% of the dialogue over the background noise
>>
File: 1456117606249.jpg (6KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456117606249.jpg
6KB, 245x250px
Why didn't Hardy just jumped out on the beach instead of getting captured by the germans?
>>
>>85864068
He wasn't high enough to deploy a chute. He'd basically just smash into the fuckin sand lol
>>
>>85864093
Then why didn't he just land on the beach or in the water? It worked for his friends.
>>
One in the same.
>>
>>85863398
>go to bathroom two theaters away
>hear huge ass explosion
>wtf was that
>hear it coming from Dunkirks theater
Yeah no shit, the theater offered vibrating seats but it was so loud it didn't even matter. Pretty good film though
>>
>>85863832
No that's part of Nolan's magic
>>
>>85862246
According to Neofag, the film was racist because it didn't show any of the 0.02% of a minority force out of the near half million troops at Dunkirk, in a film trying to tell very focused stories on a few soldiers.

.....sigh.
You can't even make a movie about fighting nazi's now without being accused of being racist.
>>
>>85864068
>>85864093
>>85864140

they expected one of them in the wreckage
>>
>>85862246
Lost interest when froggy died
>>
>tfw be a latino director in Murica
>never used black people in my movies
>No one has called me a racist because I belong to a non-white race as well
>>
>>85864253
I remember clearly that during TDKR Catwoman whispered some lines, the same way during Inception Cobb's wife whispered many lines and it was hard to hear them.
>>
>>85865207
underrated
>>
>>85865207
Did he start a fire?
>>
File: inarritu-main.jpg (31KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
inarritu-main.jpg
31KB, 680x478px
>>85865640
Who? Inarritu? He was white when the Oscars needed to be #SoWhite complete with his face on the lists of white people.
>>
>>85866722
Yes. The fire rises.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2SXWfY1VSQ
>>
>>85862246
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I

/tv/s verdict is that it's great
>>
I kinda hated it. The pilot scenes wher really bad, Nolan really can't film '' action'' scenes.

But the worst thing about the movie was the soundtrack to create tension. I really got sick of it after 20 minutes. He over used it in every scene.
>>
>>85865640
based spic
>>
>>85866796
It's funny because in Mexico his nickname is "negro".
>>
>>85864068
Beeing captured was part of his plan
>>
>>85866950
by landing this plane, WITH ONE SURVIVOR!
>>
>>85862246
Plebs will complain about a lack of humor and black people even though a black person is shown in the movie and the only race it really needs to show is Indians.
/tv/ loves Nolan, and with good reason. The film is the definition of the word kino, eschewing dialogue and exposition in favour of using visuals and context clues in order to impart the story to the audience, allowing them to easily follow what is going on yet making them work for it by subconsciously translating the visuals and audio of the movie into a proper narrative. By removing dialogue, Nolan manages to focus our attention on the screen, creating a purer form of cinema where the visual element is used to it's utmost potential. The film manages to stir up emotion in the audience without using the boring old methods of loud noises/music, allowing for a more natural experience. In short, as close to perfection as a movie can be.
>>
File: Dunkirk.jpg (24KB, 620x326px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk.jpg
24KB, 620x326px
*pulls mask off*
>>
>>85862246
here I'll sum it up for you
>we're british and we want to go home, back to Britain that is, our home
pretty boring. didn't feel thrilling at all, I mean we all know what happens in the end, and the characters are so bland you don't care what happens to them. Only redeeming part of the movie was Tom Hardy, at least he had a fucking arc
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.