[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show is actually pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 20

File: bait1.jpg (79KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
bait1.jpg
79KB, 1080x608px
This show is actually pretty good
>>
I disagree
>>
Its like watching an albinoblacksheep flash video
>>
>>85859259
Meh. It's Reddit-tier humour; it thinks it's edgy and insightful but it's just above average in its intelligence and jokes.
>>
>>85859400
A show doesn't "think" it's insightful, it's not *BURP* sentient Morty.
>>
>>85859446
You know what else isn't sentient morty? *UUERGH* God cause he *urgh* he's not real.
>>
>>85859259
not really. cant think of any moments that were funny from when i watched it. didnt laugh once
>>
>>85859382
Underrated and true.
>>
>>85859400
I have yet to see more than a couple of actual jokes throughout the wholes series
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
>>
>>85860092
I feel for you anon.
>>
>>85859259
>reddit and memey
>>
>>85860285
get schwifty lol. poop on the floor
>>
*BURRRRRRPPP*
>>
Rick and Morty is at its best when it subverts the formalistic narrative of the fairy tale. Kinda gets lost in the convenient store nihilism, sadly.
Truly a shame, but y'all niggers should read some Vladimir Propp
>>
>>85860218
Saved for posterity.
>>
>>85859400
Stop projecting
>>
>>85860218
>Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons
This is unironically a really good book.
>>
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
it's a rip off of futurama
>>
GET SCHWIFTYYYY
>>
It's an enjoyable watch for the most part but the overhype is too much and the fanbase are fucking horrendous.
>>
im mr poopoopants lol. mr bing bong sweepy swiggly swoop swoop blarp blarg lol. hahaha. this show is epic :)
>>
>>85859382
Shit I think you're right, I wonder if flash cartoons will still be alive by 2020.
>>
>>85860071
>I don't like shows that don't validate my religious beliefs
Don't you have some Seventh Heaven to be watching?
>>
File: panic.jpg (2KB, 99x94px) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
2KB, 99x94px
>>85859259
B-but they like it over at that one place. You know, the one we pretend not to go to, but talk about all the time anyway.
>>
GOD'S NOT REAL MORTY
*BRAAAP*
>>
It's funny how mad this show makes /tv/. I think this season is alright so far, especially compared to season 2.
>shoot the mohawk guy!
>Morty's beefy arm egging on the crowd
The nihilism bullshit is a huge turnoff, though.
>>
jerk me off *burp* morty
https://vimeo.com/97680161
im a gay p-p-pedophile morty
>>
>dumb christians will never underst - POOPY BUTTHOLE SQUISHY PENIS ZIMP ZAMP GABOOOOOO - this masterpiece
>>
>>85859347
I disagree with your comment.
>>
>>85861416
It's not so bad when you recognize it as what a depressed old man tells himself to numb emotional pain instead of an attempt at a deep message.
>>
>>85861738
It was fine in moderation like the first season, but they're really laying it on thick because they're listening to their fanbase, which is the fucking worst fanbase to listen to.
>>
>>85859259
I enjoy it too, but last episode really lacked. I'm hoping the Pickle Rick episode is better.
>>
>>85860218
You think they're subtle? I disagree, they treat the audience like fucking idiots and are on the nose a little too much. If they had more subtly it would be a better show.

I think you're probably trolling though.
>>
>>85861795
i'm slowly learning that the fanbase fucking sucks ass. I never really talked to too many Rick and Morty fans except a few of my friends. I started posting on the facebook page and a rick and morty fan group, and it's mostly hipsters and tumblrinas.
>>
>>85859259
*This show is actually pretty reddit
ftfy
>>
Degenerate TV show
Promotes atheism and homosexuality, not surprising its pushed by the liberal Jewish media
>>
>>85859400
reddit is reddit-tier insult
>>
Rick and Morty is quintessential reddit humor.

The difference between reddit and 4chan humor is pretty straightforward.

Reddit humor:
>pushed by corporations
>safe, middle of the road, insincere, appeals to a wide variety of interest groups ("edgy" nihilistic message that has become stale and mainstream)
>glorifies the image of the product it is pushing
>conforms to corporate and elite interests
>anti-democratic
>created by committee to sell products
>tries too hard to become a meme and in the process embed itself within the minds of consumers to sell more crap related to the franchise (the entire character of Mr. Meeseeks)
>constant references to pop and corporate culture (MULAN McNUGGET SAUCE HAHA!)

4chan humor:
>anonymous origins
>free, democratic, open source
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)
>not created to push a product or message, but rather to amuse and humor individuals
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
>>
>>85862550
>4chan
>democratic
>>
>>85862702
you don't get censored here.
>>
>>85862550
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)

Alot of newfags and Pledditors don't use it this way though. They genuinely think people just really like the movie.
>>
>>85862112
>I think you're probably trolling though.
are you counter trolling? pls tel me nobody would believe that.
>>
>>85859259
>This show was actually pretty good

Ftfy
>>
File: rick and mort s3ep2.jpg (69KB, 1092x573px) Image search: [Google]
rick and mort s3ep2.jpg
69KB, 1092x573px
Current state of the show after last episode
>>
I have never seen an episode of this shit because it looks like trash, but I was in a store the other day and saw one of those dumb fucking "Pop" bobbleheads and it was from this show. The character was called "Mr Poopy Butthole," and that's when I believed my suspicions about this show to be confirmed. I imagine its humor must pander to the absolute cringiest of fedora tippers out there.
>>
>>85862702
all opinions get equal exposure here
on leddit controversial things get downboated and buried
>>
>>85862750
go post a pepe on /a/ then. i'll wait
>>
Wabalabadubdub! XD
>>
if i liked venture bros would i like this?
>>
File: 420blazeitfaggot.jpg (352KB, 614x832px) Image search: [Google]
420blazeitfaggot.jpg
352KB, 614x832px
i mean, i see the "it's reddit" argument. it's heavier on the god-isn't-real schtick than any show ever needs to be. but to say it's not funny smacks of contrarian dishonesty. it has a fantastic sense of timing and joke pacing, it does spontaneity really well, and it plays on your expectations to create humor better than any show i've ever seen. when it's at it's best, rick and morty is probably the funniest thing on tv since chapelle's show.
>>
>>85864001
>but to say it's not funny smacks of contrarian dishonesty
The latest episode was not at all funny, and you know it.
>>
>>85864001
Post ONE funny clip from the show. Just one. I bet you can't though and will try to weasel your way out of doing it instead!
>>
>>85859259
Fuck off shilly mcshill.
>>
>>85863852
two entirely different shows. Venture brothers has a continuous storyline and bases most of its humor off of the failure of the characters (literally the main theme according to the creators) Rick and morty is one giant non sequitur with only loose connections and bases all its humor on rapid fire quips and references
>>
>>85864083
it wasn't as funny as the first episode, but i laughed out loud at jokes like semantics dome and the wolf.
>>85864225
ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfI35GZbdG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_rVshpbywI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4
>>
>>85864001
its extremely hit or miss. Things like the meeseeks episode while others like the one where rick becomes a kid again or the newest episode are just terribly unfunny
>>
File: 1467967702780.png (54KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
1467967702780.png
54KB, 328x396px
It's super goddamn cringy. I watched some of the show creators interview on youtube and you can tell that they really think they're geniuses (Because they actually call themselves that onscreen). They're super fucking pretentious and it shows in their cartoon.
>>
>>85864480
things like the meeseeks episode are pretty funny*
>>
>>85864447
The Meeseeks clip isn't really funny out of context, same with the second clip. The two brothers bit is just bad improv that's been animated.

As a fan overall of Rick and Morty you really could have picked some better examples to support your claim.
>>
File: ghost.jpg (21KB, 220x226px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
21KB, 220x226px
>>85864447
>Falling for this guy's trap
>He'll just say it's not funny to him
>Wasting your time
>>
>>85864447
The golf one is amusing but those other two are bad. Really bad. I still don't see where this show gets its reputation as a comedy.
>>
The fans have ruined it for me. By liking the show they think they are smarter on some level, when it's not really that deep of a show.
>>
>>85864447
You've gotta be fucking kidding me. People actually laugh at this shit?
>>
>>85864447
>but i laughed out loud at jokes like semantics dome and the wolf.

You laugh at shitty jokes then. I guess admitting to laughing your ass off at the loser whisper in the wind was too embarrasing to you.
>>
>>85859259

It's turned into one big shaggy dog story.
>>
File: 1501789194333.png (868KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501789194333.png
868KB, 554x400px
>>85859259

>be me
>create epic Pickle Rick .webm
>made custom Pickle Rick version of LMFAO "Party Rocker" Song
>went full reddit on it
>can't upload no audio stream allowed.
>>
>>85859259
Someone post the *burp* god doest exist morty pasta
>>
>>85865522
If you weren't such a newfag cancer redditshit you'd know it there's a place here to upload it.
>>
>>85865705

damn
>>
>>85863649

What a terribly conceived system; perfect for an echo chamber and for corporate vote manipulation.

I wonder what a system would look like if you could only downvote? The top stuff would only be the least downvoted things.
>>
File: 1501797849153.jpg (115KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501797849153.jpg
115KB, 960x960px
>>85865522
>>85865705
>>85865916
>>85859259
FRESH OC
https://vid.me/M4FGk
>>
>>85864447
lmao, are you being ironic? without context the meseek thing makes no sense(and it didn't even make me laugh with context), the second clip i didn't have context and didn't even get what part is supposed to be funny. You had 2 seasons to pick from, couldn't you find soemthign funny in a vacuum?
>>
>>85864362

Plus. the character development in Venture Bros. actually matters. You actually give a damn about what happens to the cast and even the ancillary characters. The writers respect their audience and it shows.

Meanwhile, R&M has been taking the Armin Tamzarian route of character development...
>>
>>mfw reading da thread
look if you don't find rick and morty funny then your dead instead or to stupid to get it. ok. thats just a fact.
>>
File: 202008.jpg (3MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
202008.jpg
3MB, 4000x2250px
Superjail was better

And had no political or libcuck agenda
>>
File: 1500658438934.png (110KB, 286x217px) Image search: [Google]
1500658438934.png
110KB, 286x217px
>>85865916
Jesus Christ
>>
>>85866126
they had a tranny
that's pretty liberal.
>>
>>85866126

It was pretty damn good. But what happened?

After the second season I couldn't get back into it. Still rewatch the first two season though.
>>
>>85866227

It kinda balanced out though. The tranny was Bruce Jenner fugly.
>>
File: 1499223176700.jpg (173KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
1499223176700.jpg
173KB, 625x505px
>>85859259
>SUMMER FOR THE WIIIIIN XD
Rick and Morty had its moments, but Season 3 so far is the most reddit thing I've seen in my life.
>>
>>85866522
I winced a little at this line. I'm worried that the writers might get more and more out of touch as time goes on.

Season 1 was my favorite comedy when it was airing.
>>
>>85859259
yes it was
>>
>>85859382
That's why I like it
>>
>>85859259
I just fucking love Rick and Morty, in the way that I fucking love science. It's so random and cool - it's like the show was designed for us Redditors, see? My mom says I have an unhealthy obsession with the show, but she just doesn't understand how funny it. I wish I could live in the Rick and Morty world and be their friends. Everything would be really and cool and funny if I did. Rick and Morty are so funny and I'm so awesome that it would make perfect sense, but it'd be even better if Bernie Sanders appeared. It'd be so awesome I'd turn up the TV in the common room of my dorm up all the way so everyone could hear the greatness of Bernie Sanders, Ron Paul, bacon, weed, atheism, The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sweden, Bill Nye, 90s cartoons, cats, and fucking loving science.

I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trench coat + brown-stained underwear + well-trimmed beard lightly seasoned with dust and corn syrup) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Rick and Morty! My favorite character is Rick because his style of humor perfectly reflects that of Reddit. I bet if I asked him "When does the narwhal bacon?", he'd know EXACTLY what I was talking about. Also, did you notice he looks like Bernie Sanders if you squint a bit and use your imagination? This can't be a coincidence; MLG Illuminati confirmed. Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati, and Doge are so funny. If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those funny and awesome memes and more!

Yours baconly, Atheist92
>>
>>85866820
The problem is that the writers try to pander to Reddit as much as possible.
Reddit LOVES those jokes, of course they will keep following s3ep2's formulas.
>>
>>85866820
This.
>>
>>85859259
what do the chinese think about the show? that's what I really want to know.
>>
File: 1426642649965.jpg (8KB, 185x251px) Image search: [Google]
1426642649965.jpg
8KB, 185x251px
>>85866970
>>
>>85859259
It has its moments for sure, but it's beginning to turn out like Family Guy with the story and characters becoming caricatures of themselves.

I think the writers are buying into their own hype and going for more "wow" factor than story.
>>
>>85866981
I don't think even Reddit says "For the win!" unironically anymore.
>>
>>85866820
I try to tell people that season 1 and 2 had a big shift in something, I don't know what, but that season 1 was fantastic while 2 was borderline work to sit through and nobody believes me.
As stupid as the phrase may be I think it was because the show started insisting upon itself. Every "joke" has Dan sitting there, stroking his beard, saying to nobody "Yes this is funny because I said so" while season 1 was actually pretty good.
Maybe this show simply isn't supposed to live long and should have stopped at 1 slightly longer season, like 13 episodes. Season 3 is already proving to be more of the same as 2, just slightly better.
>>
>>85867536
Same thing happened to Community. Dan Harmon just can't seem to get his ego out of the way.
>>
>>85867536
harmon is a hack and roiland ran out of ideas
>>
>>85866970
you realize people born in 92 are adults

are you really some kind of old person who's this emotional about cartoons? is it less sad or more if you're just pretending to be old on the internet?
>>
>we drive around with this glowing green rock because there's no god
*braaappp* Morty did you hear that? Even scavenger mad max people think THERES NO GOD *bruuuup*
>>
>>85868202
What is it about this show that triggers you autists so hard?
I think your autistic outbursts are funny
>>
>>85859400
>It's Reddit
Is there anything more pathetic than gang tibalism over what fucking websites you go to?
>>
slowly I begun to realize R&M is The Big Bang Theory of adult swim shows
>>
>>85859259
I don't know. it brings up interesting concepts that will be very new for people who don't watch movies or read books but ultimately I feel like there is a lot of navel gazing. for example the last ep was about social detachment and how comforts make us fight over the mundane but it seem to miss the point that it is better that way and that while the show runners mock jerry, they are jerry. remember that ep when jerry had to give up his dick to save a guy and he backed out, yeah that is the show runners, they bitch about lack of a spark in their life but would always back down from it.
>>
>>85868463
Oh come on, it's way better than that.
>>
>>85868445

Upboat! XD
>>
>>85866970
>this autistic over a television show
and yea I know this is pasta- but that it was typed up over a show as mediocre as R&M is the sad part.
>>
>>85868559
nah, it's a meme to hate on it now. it's literally worse than hitler if hitler surfed reddit
>>
>>85868724
I understand the hatred for big bang theory though.

"LOL LOOK WE'RE SUCH NERDS XD"
>>
>>85868857
>"BURP LOOK WE'RE SUCH NERDS XD"
>>
>>85868857
The sad part about Big Bang Theory is that people watching it are making fun of themselves. The show isn't a kind parody. If someone says they love BBT, you can bet they're a moron.
>>
>>85869070
>making fun of themselves
nah. "normies" are the ones who watch, they view characters are cute strange pets
>>
>>85869070
They usually are. Some of the dumbest people I know fucking love that show.
>>
>>85869216
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NEnnCPYB8
>>
>>85859382
Justin Roiland used to make flash cartoons

he made House of Cosbys
>>
>>85865984
This is pretty good anon
>>
>>85860218
had a hearty kek, thanks anon
>>
>>85859259
Making fun of what happens to men in divorce is not cool. Also Summer is a shitty daughter.
>>
>>85871637
all daughters are shitty
>>
>>85859259

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty
>>
File: 141741182214.jpg (47KB, 553x640px) Image search: [Google]
141741182214.jpg
47KB, 553x640px
>>85862550

>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
>>
File: regular show.jpg (408KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
regular show.jpg
408KB, 960x800px
Seen some clips and reminds of another horrible millennial show. I don't see how people fine these shows funny, bland as hell. Probably the same people that liked Key and Peele.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEi0d3zxT8s
>>
>>85871949
Jesus Christ, this writing is fucking cancer. This is one of the best shows on CN?
>>
File: Super_brain.jpg (303KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Super_brain.jpg
303KB, 1600x1200px
>>85866970
>>85871781
The obsessive-compulsive, passive-aggressive nature of Rick and Morty posting suggests many /tv/ posters suffer from a superiority complex and project their insecurities over
>not getting it
greatest symptom of it being the constant effort to associate Rick and Morty with the classic Reddit boogeyman (another separate manifestation of aforementioned complex). It is truly sad, indeed, how you brainlets with inflated egos believe to be above R&M. Alas, you will always be too low-IQ to even grasp the basic tenets of this classic of our time.
>>
>>85872000
It's not on anymore but that's the format. Saw the new TMNT cartoon which was actually pretty good though.
>>
>>85872120
Oh, so they are just smearing this shit writing all over TBS' face now? Because they announced some show that was this -furries not too long ago.
>>
>>85865984
jesus christ anon
>>
File: comments.jpg (33KB, 847x345px) Image search: [Google]
comments.jpg
33KB, 847x345px
>>85872151
Same creators
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33uf3E4UT4
>>
File: 1495996538815.jpg (77KB, 700x486px) Image search: [Google]
1495996538815.jpg
77KB, 700x486px
The redditors hating on this show are like yuropoors constantly talking shit about USA.

O B S E S S E D
>>
>>85859382
Shit, you're right.
>>
>>85859382
ZEEKYBOOGYDOOG MORTY XD
>>
>>85859382
sbpb
basically any youtube video from 2008 tbqh
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.