[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did no one in LOTR become huge stars? (Except for Gandalf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9397.jpg (205KB, 590x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9397.jpg
205KB, 590x337px
Why did no one in LOTR become huge stars? (Except for Gandalf who was already a big star.)
>>
>>85846897
They were too good for this world
>>
Most of them had no interest in being huge A-list stars. They're acting nerds who just enjoy the work.
>>
>>85846897

Orlando Bloom did starring roles and many large films. Ian McKellen became much much bigger, x-men likely helped too. Elijah Wood takes projects he likes and has fun, and seems to enjoy voice work. Viggo is very picky and doesn't seem to enjoy fame.Jon Rhyes davies is more famous outside of being a dwarf. One hobbit was on a hit show, Lost. Liz tyler broke free of being a sex object and being her dads daughter. Cate became huge. Christopher lee had a resurgence, but also cause of star wars. Sean Bean became an icon and went on to do many large projects.

And Andy Serkis despite not having his face in the film has gone on to do mo-cap and acting roles for many major films.

so, fuck you OP, you're really wrong.
>>
>>85847482
What about Sean Astin brah
>>
Because they had just done 3 long movies that were probably the biggest movies they'd ever be in. For the younger ones, it was probably a lack of drive. I'd imagine year after year of filming takes a toll on you and you just want a break.

I think a lot of people don't realize that we don't make them a star, the media doesn't make them a star, they do. They have to put in the effort, go out and try and find jobs. Obviously these jobs can be offered to you also, but for the most part you have to audition for the roles you want.

I think most of them are probably where they want to be, in that regard. Others might have wanted to do other things.
>>
Heard an interview with Dominic Monaghan some time ago. Dude is nice but also such an LA blowhard. He's never rude but keeps talking about his "spiritual journey" and his "craft"
>>
>>85847510
he was in the goonies
>>
>>85847510

He was in that music video with the weird Michael Jackson wannabe. Millennium I think was the name of the song.
>>
>>85847510

OP said "Why did no one" not "why didn't all of them" Many of them did. Sean Astin and Billy Boyd did not get a career launch, but literally half a dozen people from those movies did.
>>
>Everyone forgetting based Hugo
He's not in that many movies but you can't deny he's usually really great if not the highlight even when the movie itself isn't good
>>
>>85847717
He already did the Matrix
>>
>>85846897
>no huge stars
>sean bean
apologize anon
>>
File: sweating mushroom.png (36KB, 343x241px) Image search: [Google]
sweating mushroom.png
36KB, 343x241px
>>85846984
>That Liv
>>
>>85846897
>Why did no one in LOTR become huge stars? (Except for Gandalf who was already a big star.)
Well here your (you)

>Ian M.
>Sean Bean
Already big stars

>Orlando Bloom
Pirates of the Caribbean was also a big hit. He has a very active acting jobs.

>Billy Boyd
The Flying Scotsman and Master and commander. He also has acting jobs every year.

>Sean Bean
Not only that, but he had the Goonies and Rudy money.

HE been doing tons of voice acting work and did stuff like "The Strain

>Dominic Monaghan
Lost

>John Rhys-Davies
has been in 30 plus productions since LotR

>Viggo
The man is also a writer and painter and has done movies like Eastern Promises and A History of Violence. He only does stuff that he finds cool, as he has tons of mone.

>Elijah Wood
Same thing as the guy who plays potter, has ton of money and is still everyone thinks of his iconic role, he does TV work and movie stuff that he finds cool (Wilfried, Sin City, Happy Feet and so on)

>Liv Tyler
She got out of being the sexy girl who dad is a rock star. Also had "The Leftovers"

>Cate Blanchett
Huge star
>>
>>85846984
does Merry have the one ring on his thumb?
>>
>>85848340
Sean Astin you mean lol but you're 100% right
>>
>>85849643
yep kek
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.