[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a bigger insult to source material on television?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: images(4).jpg (7KB, 181x278px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
7KB, 181x278px
Is there a bigger insult to source material on television?
>>
Preacher
>>
File: sherlock.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
sherlock.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>
>>85843160
What's that
>>
Elementary
>>
>>85843172
what the flying fuck
>>
>>85843172
They got lucky with the hovering text thing they did which Fincher perfected in House of Cards S1E1. Other than that the cinematographic/CGI choices have been between amateurish and outright bad.
>>
>>85843149
probably Doctor Who
>>
>>85844518
Better than Moffat's trash.
>>
>>85843149
>>85843149
the amount of shit that poured out of the screen in season 4 was fucking astonishing
>>
File: sherlock is retarded.png (257KB, 915x933px) Image search: [Google]
sherlock is retarded.png
257KB, 915x933px
>>
>>85846665
>yfw Moriarty was just a pawn the whole time
>>
>>85846798
Well that's how the audience felt.
>>
>>85844518

Elementary has a great Holmes and Watson trapped in police procedural hell.
>>
>>85846927
That sounds a lot better already
>>
>>85846775
Actually a good explanation. A data scientist would tell you that Sherlock's deductions have a maximum probability of 60% of being true.
It's like the Sherlock universe is a parallel universe where spuriousness doesn't exist.
>>
Arrow
>>
>>85847453
It's god tier dadcore tv, excellent before sleep or during hang overs.
>>
>>85843172
Is this fucking Brass Eye?
>>
>>85846775
This actually perfectly articulates my frustration with the show. Instead of a detective with a keen eye, he is written as a superhero with the powers of deus ex machina disguised as "smart".
>>
>>85843149
Sherlock isn't a bad adaptation. It's not written very well, especially in the later seasons, but it's not like the source material was not a paragon of mystery writing. The main draw is Sherlock and how he does shit and the entertainment that comes along with it, and the show in spite of the writing is pretty fun to watch, bullshit and all.

It's nowhere near as bad as Elementary (let alone the worst adaptation in television history) where it's basically another shitty cop drama show that proceeds at the pace of a snail. Seriously, Sherlock episodes are what, 90 mins long? They feel a lot quicker than any Elementary episode, that's for sure.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
This episode of Sherlock (The Final Problem) is one of the worst episodes of TV I have ever seen. Makes it all the worse because the premise is damn interesting.

A girl is the only person awake on an airplane running out of fuel and the person who may have arranged this is an inmate in a maximum security prison for super criminals.
Ends up just being about Sherlock's secret sister who is called Mary Sue and it's all about her feelings.

I dont know who to blame, Steven Moffat or Mark Gatiss, I like Gatiss as an actor so I'll just blame Moffat.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.