[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting a youtube channel to discuss and review b-movies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: R.O.T.O.R-Front.jpg (1MB, 1300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
R.O.T.O.R-Front.jpg
1MB, 1300x2400px
I'm starting a youtube channel to discuss and review b-movies. Give me some interesting b-movies to watch and talk about. I'm really into 80's scifi-horror type movies like Xtro etc. Also I'm interested "good bad movies" like the room and samurai cop etc.

Give me your best!
>>
>making an "ironic" review channel
>reviewing movies you're not even familiar with
Just make a Jake Paul response bruh
>>
>>85839325
have fun in your shit pit kid. go watch troma and pretend it's cool because it's bad and gross.
>>
>>85839325
>I really like Best of the Worst so I consider myself an authority on b-movies
>>
>>85839409
It's not ironic. I'm dead serious. And I'm familiar with the movies after I've whatched them.
>>
>>85839428
>>85839449
I think b-movies are interesting and alot of fun. What's your problem?
>>
File: TROMA - sgt kabukiman.jpg (312KB, 1055x1600px) Image search: [Google]
TROMA - sgt kabukiman.jpg
312KB, 1055x1600px
>>85839428
>implying Sgt. Kabukiman isn't one of the greatest things ever put on film
Must such to be you.
>>
>>85839325
Go watch the entire Tromamovies Youtube channel then try this thread again.
>>
>>85839325
This is like someone on /fit/ wanting to start an instagram lifting account. There's a million of you faggots out there, you're bringing nothing new to the table.
Terrorvision
>>
From Beyond is quite fun, if you can edit in some scenes without getting flagged for copyright there are a ton of good ones.
>>
>>85839545
Tromeo and Juliet is unironically James Gunn's best work.
>>
>>85839584
There's none where I'm from. My channel will not be in english.
>>
deathstalker, especially the 2nd deathstalker is pretty good. also xtro
>>
>>85839584
You don't have to bring something new to the table, really. Look at how many popular YT people there are and you'll notice they generally share similar things, like Let's Play -- a lot of popular people do that, but the only difference between them might be the humor or production.

I'm not sure OP is looking to get well-known since B-movie reviews are pretty niche.
>>
>>85839325
I've been seeing a lot of Xtro talk here lately. Is it worth checking out?
>>
>>85839592
from beyond is unironically a good movie.
>>
>>85839701
its not great but maybe somewhat above the phantasm films. i hope it gets a blueray at some point.
>>
>>85839685
I'm not. Just a little channel with 100-1000 subs would be great. I'm not looking for that youtube money.
>>
make sure to yell into the camera about how bad the movie is XD
>>
>>85839702
There are plenty of good B-movies.
The phrase "b-movie" comes from back when you bought tickets to a double feature. There was the A-Movie, which is what drew people in, but you had to sit through the less popular B-movie too.
>>
File: 1492413650548.jpg (469KB, 1210x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1492413650548.jpg
469KB, 1210x1600px
>>85839325
>wants to start a movie review channel
>knows so little he has to ask people what movies he should do

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>85839592
>>85839702
From Beyond is a masterpiece; one of the best horror movies of the 80's. Not sure why I had put off watching it for so long.
>>
>>85839701
It is. I think it has a lot of cool shit in it. Unironically enjoyed it.
>>
>>85839739
>somewhat above the phantasm films.
Impossible. Phantasm 1 & 2 are fucking great.
If you like Coscarelli I'd highly recommend John Dies at the End.
>>
>>85839756
just make sure you get good sound quality and consistent volume levels for all videos, because thats where many people fail.
>>
>>85839812
I know plenty. Just wanted to get some recommendations from you guys.
>>
>>85839777
i didnt know that but that term still has a more negative meaning nowadays.
>>
>>85839814
It's one of my favorites too. Soundtrack is incredible.
>>
>>85839814
i think it gets overlooked because its pretty small in scale, everything kind of takes place in like 3 rooms. also no big names.
>>
>>85839325
Hands Of Steel
>>
>>85839777
Yes. The film rolls was often glued together from many places so the quality was even shittier.
>>
>>85839876
The gore is also maybe a little much for some people.
>>
>>85840001
at the time maybe but videodrome also became a classic.
>>
>>85839476
>whatched
focus on finishing high school first
also, why would someone that isn't knowledgeable set out to report on material that is already covered at length by more informed people?
There is already enough on youtube of people reading off wikipedia and claiming to be experts
Maybe do your channel from the fresh perspective of a novice? That is your angle.
>>
>>85840398
Thank you for your opinion. Like I said, my channel will not be in english. I just like to talk about movies that interest me. I'm not looking for a huge audience or creating something that would pass your autism radar. I just wanna have some fun. Lighten up, will you?
>>
>>85839959
I know its such a douchey hipster faggot thing to say, but I miss shit like that. Or like audio distortion where they spliced the reels together.
>>
>>85839325

Scifi:

Robot Jox
The Blood of Heroes (inspired a sport called Jugger)

So Bad It's Good:

Hard Ticket to Hawaii
>>
Any Italian exploitation films could be great.

Put some Troma, like Redneck Zombies or Troma's War.

Some Turkish exploitation like that pseudo Star Wars film.

>>85841980
>Hard Ticket to Hawaii

What a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>85839325
Oh shit I remember this movie, I had it on VHS with split second, and I had another tape with APEX and evolver
>>
>>85840926
Well, maybe you should just fuck off and die then? How 'bout that plan dood.
>>
>>85843767
Why dont you off yourself, when life is clearly so miserable to you?
>>
>>85841980
>>85843092
Great recommendations! Will check these out.
>>
File: miami connection.jpg (709KB, 1000x1482px) Image search: [Google]
miami connection.jpg
709KB, 1000x1482px
>>85843902
>https://youtu.be/dO9BFGHTrC8
>FRIENDS THROUGH ETERNITY LOYALTY HONESTY WE'LL STICK TOGETHER
THROUGH THICK OR THI-IN
This movie is so fucking awful and bizarre that it comes around and turns into one of the greatest things I have ever seen... and I want to buy a dragon sound album.
>>
>>85839701
Definitely worth a watch
>>
>>85839325
Deadly Spawn
Forbidden World (Mutant)
Galaxy of Terror
Lifeforce
Demon Knight
Hardware
Night of the Creeps

Some of these are almost good though
>>
I find it really funny that OP watches a show where people already review b movies (best of the worst) and wants to do his own show cause its "le ebbic"

either troll or retard. any B movie you want to review has been done by redlettermedia so just go back to stocking shelves.
>>
>>85846383
I find it really funny that you are so judgemental because you dont have the courage to do anything or put yourself out there, when you think too much what other people (people like you) think of you. Kinda pathetic desu.
>>
>>85839325
I rented the VHS of this in 1990. Fucking devastated at how little the box-art had to do with the movie.
>>
The complete works of Albert Pyun.
>>
>>85848094
Yeah I know. It has it's moments, but that cover art is so much more cool than the movie itself.
>>
File: 1458099451173.png (279KB, 521x391px) Image search: [Google]
1458099451173.png
279KB, 521x391px
RLM and Rifftrax already offer quality banter on b-movies, what do you have to offer that they don't?

If you can't come up with an answer, it's probably a waste of time. Just something to ponder.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.