[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: p04yc8m8.jpg (98KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
p04yc8m8.jpg
98KB, 1280x640px
Was it kino?
>>
Absolutely
>>
>>85838758
Ok, I'll take the bait.
I'm watching it tonight.
>>
>>85838728
Identity politics ruined it.
>>
>>85838728
yes
>>85839125
what
>>
yes
best film of the year (it's been a weak year)
>>
>>85839125

I mean, to a normal person it sounded like pretentious wank and then he got fucking eaten as the cherry on top.
>>
>>85838728

i really disliked charlie hunnam in soa

is this worth a watch?
>>
>>85839145
>The barely covered feminist wife/husband subplot.
>The blatant "I am going to find an ancient city to prove to these racist colonialists that the savages were kangz"

They made a slow moving old timey biopic and these shoved in political themes to appeal to millenials felt out of place for me
>>
>>85838728
what movie is this?
>>
>>85839282
>shoved in political themes
seek help
>>
>>85839388
lost city of z
>>
>>85839441
Thanks! Looks like some sort of indiana jones flick. Is it worth a watch?
>>
so did he find it?
>>
>>85838728
Movies that women will never understand.
>>
I would nominate tom holland for worst mustache ever captured on camera.
>>
>>85839407
Honestly they seemed out of place. They were mostly mentioned in expositionary dialogue to state the characters motivation (bad writing). It honestly felt more about male ambition/romantic adventures than a movie whose focus was gender/race equality.
>>
>>85839518
>he's expecting some wacky Indy shenanigans

lol
>>
>>85838728
Beautiful movie, probably my favorite of the year, great visuals and comfy pacing, amazing how a good director can get a good performance from a mediocre actor like Charlie Hunnan.

If you're expecting some wacky adventures ala Indiana Jones you're gonna be disappointed.
>>
>>85839518
>Looks like some sort of indiana jones flick.

If you expect Indiana Jones you will be disappointed, it's closer to Malick than Spielberg
>>
>>85839920
this is just not true
>>
I went into it thinking it was supposed to be like Indy lol. That he would find the city and be rewarded. If I had gone in viewing it as a biopic I would have been happier. Overall pretty good looking back on it. The whole gender dialogue was stiff and forced compared to the civilization controversy.
>>
>>85839586
Robert Pattinson had a pretty nice beard to make up for it.
>>
>>85839531
Maybe
>>
>>85838728
not really. I didn't get the hype.
>>
>>85838728
it's my MOTY so far.
>>
>>85838728
Khondji shooting on film is almost worth it alone, but I liked how it felt like a realistic Indiana Jones at times. Charlie Hunnam still makes that weird constipated face whenever he's trying to emote anything, so somehow, despite having his face covered in facial hair, Robert Pattinson ends up being the best actor. But yeah I'm glad this movie exists and sad that it bombed because we could do with a little more of this kind of weird shit and less FF8 and capeshit.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.