[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: p162564_p_v8_ag.jpg (442KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p162564_p_v8_ag.jpg
442KB, 960x1440px
Why do people hate this movie?
>>
it's a remake with an unnecessary love triangle thrown in and it completely misses the point of the original by destroying the ending.
>>
>>85834823
Dont you want to see matt damon cucked at least
>>
>>85834929
no, his characters punishment is living out the rest of his life alone knowing he's a fraud. That's the entire point That's why the original opening starts with a short buddhist proverb about "endless hell" . Now granted the buddhism aspect doesn't translate but you could easily get the idea across that damon's character gets away but lives a miserable, empty life in which he regrets every action he's taken knowing that dicaprio died a hero and that he'll never live up to that no matter what. Having him get murdered just cheapens that
>>
>>85834742

It's one of his weakest. Feels like a movie made for normies, superficial popcorn entertainment with terrible aspects like the love triangle. It's not a bad movie but it's only okay.
>>
because leo's in it

its absolutely god tier. one of the best gangster movies made in recent years

the script is sick, not a single unnecessary line, jack nicholson is great as always

i dont know why people get so mad about the fact they all die at the end? who cares

people arent fussed about other remakes like true grit, whats so bad about a remake?
>>
I'm not sure, anon. It's one of the only movies I've ever seen worthy of a rewatch.
>>
It copied wholesale from an already great movie and made it worse
>>
I like it
>>
idk but i liked wahlberg's character
>>
>>85835087
In the asian version his character goes crazy and starts to think he is Leo's character. Even to the point where he begins hunting his self.
>>
>>85835426
yes, in the unnecessary, crappy sequels.
>>
>>85834742
based jack was enjoyable as fuck, that alone makes it worth
>>
I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy.
>>
>>85834742
Only thing I dislike about is that the end especially feels rushed. Like it needed to be 10-20 minutes longer in order to wrap things up. especially right at the end after Costigans funeral, one second Sullivan is walking down the path in public after his funeral, then you blink and he's entering his apartment and gets BTFO and hey the movies over

Another 5 minutes in between with a little filler would have been nice, kinda getting into Sullivans head so we witness his mental anguish leading up to the ending. Even if you spent a few minutes with him walking the streets on the way back to his house or something like that.
>>
>>85835472
Jack's always enjoyable, that doesn't make up for it
>>
>>85834742
>leonardo dicrapio
No thanks.
>>
I'm trying to find the film to download, but I'm not getting any hits when searching. I even tried to vary the search to no avail.

>The Depahted
>Tha Depaahted
>Tha Depaaaaahtad

Nothing.
>>
>>85835087
you could argue that him killing the dude that saved him at the elevator scene was also pointless. would have been better if he had that constant reminder with him, the guy who says "We gotta stick together"
>>
>>85835087
Didn't see the original movie, but was kinda disappointed when Damon's character got shot, having him live out his miserable rat life would be better
>>
Scorsese became his own meme.
>>
>>85835472

Jack was the biggest miscast. Pacino was supposed to play that role originally. Jack came in the last minute.
>>
I'M SHIPPING UP TO BOSTOOOOOOOOOOOON.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.