[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is that Je ne sais Quoi that makes the Coen Brothers so special?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7396.jpg (185KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7396.jpg
185KB, 900x596px
What is that Je ne sais Quoi that makes the Coen Brothers so special?
>>
jewish incest
>>
>>85830399
Roger Deakins
>>
>>85830399
Storytelling talent
>>
>>85830927
>>85830927
this, very good eyes with camera, editing, screenwriting, very talented that even the movies they've made that im not a huge fan of ill still enjoy regardless due to quality.
>>
They revel in their knowledge of film history and make lovely homages to major Hollywood genres such as noir and western but unlike say Tarantino who just homages for cinematic pleasures sake, the coens understand the underlying themes behind such genres and how they've been existing since the birth of America as it transitioned from the wild to the urban and have always been about the violence inherent to human nature, they understand why these genres remained relevant as they mutated through different decades to reflect and mirror the zeitgeist, so by deconstructing them they're actually exploring the relationship America has with its own short history as well as the more universally human relationship with violence, all this mixed with a fairly Jewish philosophical view on absurdism and chaos, and a really neat sense of humor and visual style that borrows from slapstick, screwball and cartoons which makes their thematic depth feel lighter and therefore accessible and intuitively enjoyable to everyone
>>
>>85830399
Your philistinism.

>>85831750
>violence inherent to human nature

Wanna know how I know that neither you nor the Coen brothers have ever been in a fight in your lives?
>>
>>85831788
Jokes on you I used to get beat up everyday when I was in elementary school
>>
>>85830399
It's the mis en scene
>>
>>85830399
They know their craft so they know how to deconstruct and break the rules.
>>
From what Clooney says in interviews, they're the most efficient directors around, they only storyboard and shoot what they need. They plan every single shot months before filming.

I guess it's kind of cheating since we're talking about two talented people that balance each other and don't go overboard.
>>
>>85830399
>Good actors
>Memorable characters

This and a few unexpected death
>>
they sprinkle in a hint of jew with each film. the audience loves it
>>
They are trash.
>>
>>85830399
>describe the indescribable quality that makes the Coen Brothers so special

:thinking:
>>
They are very consistently good filmmakers.
Even their worse works are decent.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.