[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Is King of the Hill is better than The Simpsons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: King-of-the-Hill.jpg (65KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
King-of-the-Hill.jpg
65KB, 720x480px
Is King of the Hill is better than The Simpsons?
>>
>>85821925
Yes
>>
>>85821941
alrighty then
>>
>>85821925
mmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm
>>
>>85821925
King of the Hill sucks. All the "humor" comes from redneck archetypes. There are entire episodes where nothing of value happens. Who the fuck wants to watch something like that?

Now Rick and Morty, that's how you do adult animation. Smart, quotable, and relatable.
>>
UNA PROPAÑA
>>
>>85821925
real question, beavis and butthead or KOTH?
>>
yes if you live in texas
no otherwise
>>
>>85822221
KOTH has a more global appeal. Beavis and Butthead captures a generation perfectly but I bet millenials who never watched MTV can't really appreciate it
>>
>>85822170

>muh plot-fags

Stick to reading wikipedia summaries and shut the fuck up
>>
>>85822170
Nice b8
>>
king of the hill is better, overall, as a series. the simpsons have a few higher highs and many, many, many more lower lows
>>
File: bobby class - style.jpg (115KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
bobby class - style.jpg
115KB, 500x378px
hey!
>>
>>85822344
I agree. the social commentary on beavis and butthead, especially the video segments. Really nailed it.
However, KOTH's humor was very subtle. and it could stand on its own as a live-action sitcom. Way more than just a cartoon show.
uh, huh huh. or something.
>>
>>85822170
It's scope is smaller, it's realistic. That's why I like it.
>>
Because of KOTH I've turned into Hank Hill. I even call my son boy kek
>>
KINO OF THE HILL
>>
>>85821925
yes

although early simpsons is the shit
>>
>>85822170 All the "humor" comes from redneck archetypes. There are entire episodes where nothing of value happens.

So did the sopranos...
>>
File: startpuffin.png (607KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
startpuffin.png
607KB, 1920x1080px
start.....puffin................boy....
https://youtu.be/iZ8nN6hTnmM

https://youtu.be/Shn9JYav-Jk
>>
>>85822657
That means KOTH is a positive life influence. Hank has it MADE.
>>
>>85823076
Now that I think about it he has a pretty good life

>loyal wife
>boy that ain't right but that ain't bad
>decent house
>good dog
>good truck
>three buddies who will hang out with him just about everyday
>solid, stable job that he's very good at and enjoys

the only thing he could really want is some more money and a better relationship with his parents
>>
File: index.png (5KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
5KB, 238x212px
>>85823253
>when a character from satire actually has a better life than you do
>>
>>85823553
Same with Al Bundy.
>>
It's more consistent but The Simpsons was far better in its prime. They're two very different shows though, King of the Hill is extremely different in terms of tone and pacing and style
>>
>>85823253
Listen to the way his boss talks about him, especially in front of his son.
Livin' the dream.
>>
>>85823604
Pretty much this. But considering that The Simpsons was only good for about 1/3 of its totaly airtime at this point, I'd be okay with saying KOTH was better, even if they are very different. It was at least good for most of its run, which sadly can't be said about The Simpsons.
>>
>>85822170
the fact that even one person has responded to this half seriously is pathetic
>>
King of the Hill is just this great show, it's never gut busting funny but it has plenty of chuckles and smirks per episode. It's probably the most consistently funny animated sitcom to exist and it went for 10+ years.
>>85823767
That's not bad for summer.
>>
>>85823253
I dunno

>ugly, arrogant wife
>aggressively retarded son
>a bitch to his crippled dad
>friends are a fat loser, manlet cuck and sexual deviant
>wagecuck for an incompetent, immoral shitbag

good dog and truck tho
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.