[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stephen King

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: rs-172368-king_final.jpg (46KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
rs-172368-king_final.jpg
46KB, 700x394px
>Stephen King known for expecting good adaptations of his work AS-IS
>got butthurt about Kubrick until a Shining miniseries got the alcoholism, boiler explosion, CG hedge animals THE WAY HE WANTED
>his brand is worth a mint so most producers accommodate
>most of the adaptations are very loyal and cut out very little (like the sewer orgy)
>King even tried directing w/ Maximum Overdrive just to prove he could
>straight-up normie stories like Shawshank and Green Mile turn out to be blockbusters
Decades later...
>Duddits is an ayylmao
>Roland is a nigger
>The Losers grow up in the 80s

What the fuck happened?
>>
He's a total douche and always has been
>>
>>85821855
People are trashy? Idk man, sorry :(
>>
>Duddits is an ayylmao
This actually did piss me off to a huge degree.
Why couldn't he have had ESP?
>>
>>85821855
He stopped giving a shit after the accident.
>>
>>85821855
I liked Maximum Overdrive. King has become kind of unbearable as of late though.
>>
File: 1473879128439.jpg (21KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1473879128439.jpg
21KB, 250x247px
>>85821855
>Stephen King known for expecting good adaptations of his work AS-IS
That doesn't sound like King at all, dude's even gone back and Lucas'd some of his better work himself. I think the more likely reason is that Kubrick, a known asshole himself, shit all over his work first and THEN King held a grudge. I'm guessing OP is just some underage redditor that thinks Kubrick is the pinnacle of film.
>>
>>85821855
he's becoming an old hate-filled political curmudgeon like Kurt Vonnegut did right before he died. and since King was always kind of douchey, he is even worse
>>
Kubrick is a hack. Rosemary's Baby and the Exorcist are leagues beyond that symmetry baby's soulless OCD fits.
>>
>>85822094
Do your research and you'll find stories of King being involved with the production
The only director who ever told him no was Kubrick.

Or do you really think the It and The Stand movies had to be as loyal as they were just because?
>>
>>85821855
I forgot how dumb the Dreamcatcher film was. I think I only remember it because my friends mom is in it.
But King is sort of a hack. I mean, it's commercial fiction that you can buy at the supermarket. The film's usually elevate the stories tbqh.
>>
As much as IT annoyed me with it's poorly written adult sections with characterization that didn't fit the child sections and his obvious shitty self insert MC, there were some things IT did really well that it's obvious the movie is going to miss. IT was entirely based around how kid's imagination's can turn things that are out-worldly innocent into horror, such as a clown or a dark basement. The sections about the town's history and evil that would just happen were great and are probably going to get cut.
>>
>>85822164
>auteurs not over pedophiles
>>
>>85821855
I think he just stopped giving a shit about adaptations due to the crapshoot they turned out to be. He just lets someone else do it and is now content with his work still being there.
>>
>>85821855
He liked Under the Dome. No matter what you think of him as an author he's not great at adaptations of his work.
>>
>>85821855

why does micheal chricton get goat adaptions and steven king gets ripped ?

also how was christine the best that king and carpenter could ever colaborate on ... the mind boggles
>>
>>85821855
>straight-up normie stories like Shawshank and Green Mile turn out to be blockbusters

You don´t know what blockbusters mean, Shawshank redemption was a commercial failure in it´s time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.