[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slasher Cinematic Universe Announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

www.dreadcentral.com/news/244374/exclusive-slasher-cinematic-universe-announced/

yeah just as you expected, it's not about the classic slashers. I think it's nearly impossible to get Michel Myers, Jason, Leatherface, Freddy, Ghostface and Chucky all together in one movie! so they just decided to make some random shit.

what do you think, bitches? are you in for The Rave?
>>
Someone post that monster mash-up idea that some anon posted in one of these threads a while ago.
>>
>>85820662
the suicide squad one?
>>
This will be dropped when no one gives a shit about the first film, let alone the whole "universe"

They need to stop with this gimmicky crap. Just worry about making a decent film.
>>
File: laser-trump_4-3.jpg (167KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
laser-trump_4-3.jpg
167KB, 1024x768px
>pg-13 horror
>>
>>85820578
Jason>all
>>
>>85820578
>Ghostface
>>
>>85820662

>Sequel to Freddy VS. Jason.
>Freddy is pissed that Jason screwed him over.
>Influences Michael Myers to hunt Jason down.
>Meanwhile, he finds out about the Box and how it can bring him back to life, and decides to steal it.
>The box is in Texas, so Freddy controls Leatherface to steal it for him.
>It turns out that Chucky is also at the store where the Box is, because he wants to use it to transfer his mind to Leatherface's body.
>Jason kills Michael, but Michael gets back to life and since he died, Freddy no longer controls him
>Michael is pissed he was used and Jason is pissed Freddy is messing with him again, so they team up to kill Freddy.
>They are secretly being followed by a Predator, because Jason is a worthy opponent.
>At the store, Chucky attacks Leatherface but Leatherface chops him up.
>Freddy uses the Box to come back to life and kills Leatherface.
>Pinhead shows up to get Freddy and the Box back.
>Jason and Michael show up and tag-team Freddy. Pinhead is slashed, gets pissed and teams up with Freddy.
>Meanwhile, there's an alien egg at the store for unspecified reasons and it latches a facehugger onto Leatherface's body.
>Freddy and Pinhead kill Michael.
>The Predator shows up to fight Jason.
>Freddy betrays Pinhead and kills him.
>An zombie xenomorph is born from Leatherface and attacks everyone.
>While the Predator is busy, Jason goes and kills Freddy to death then fights the xenomorph.
>The Predator is fucked up and triggers his self-destruct thing.
>Alien xenomorph and the Box get destroyed.
>Jason is the sole survivor. Crawls out of the wreckage.
>It turns out the store is an S-Mart.
>Ash shows up and shoots him in the head with a shotgun.
>Post-credits Freddy wakes up in Hell and wishes he'd have another shot at the Box. The Wishmaster shows up and says that it can be arranged.
>>
>>85821828
This happens with every cinematic universe outside of capeshit.
>>
>>85822197
CATCH THE BLAST OF A HYPE VERSE
>>
>>85822197
He was my favorite fighter in Def Jam Vendetta
>>
>>85820578
I thought about how weird no one in hollywood gave it a shot at a classic slasher cinematic universe, but when you think about it it's just too expensive and just a weird stupid idea
Even if they did it I can't see anyone playing Freddy Krueger other than Robert Englund

But then I see your thread and turns out it's not even about classic slashers but shit no one cares about
>>
>>85820578

>Nearly impossible

At one point New Line owned Freddy, Jason, Leatherface.

Dimension had Michael and Hellraiser.

They coulda made a deal and a crossover.
>>
>>85822576
Apparently there once was a Freddy vs Jason movie where Pinhead would appear, I really want that book about the different versions of the movie but I can't find a torrent anywhere, it's like no one gives a shit about it
>>
>>85822487
Jackie Earl Ha-never mind
>>
File: Jason.gif (235KB, 367x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jason.gif
235KB, 367x480px
>>85822576
New Line still owns Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface;

That's why they tried to reboot them 2008-2010 with Michael Bay producing, but all three reboots were pretty mediocre so the series went no where.

The other significant problem is that New Line only owns the Jason character, not the Friday the 13th IP itself, so New Line is obligated to work out a production deal with Paramount if they use the character, and the two companies have issues agreeing most of the time.

Still, i'm surprised New Line hasn't used Freddy vs Jason as a Slasher cinematic Universe setup, considering they already own three iconic slasher villains and could probably buy or create more. My guess is that New Line considers slashers to be "too low brow" for a big Hollywood studio; and won't do shit unless a big name director/producer shows interest in making a slasher cinematic universe.
>>
>>85820578
I think it's achievable but you'd be relying heavily on the nostalgia factor to get people interested. Maybe if they started with one or two standalone films, then began hinting as crossovers (taking their time) while keeping to an 80s style set in modern day? I don't fucking know
>>
>>85822300
This would be kino
>>
>>85822576
Did you know there was going to be a Freddy vs Jason sequel called Freddy vs Jason vs Ash but Hack Raimi didn't wanted them to use the character

Not like I care. I'd rather see all the slashers together, Ash is not really interesting imo

>>85822845
The Friday the 13th was bretty good, other than that I agree
But recently there was a F13 movie that got cancelled because the studio thought nobody was interested in it since Rings failed
I'm interested in a slasher cinematic universe just because I'd like to see it but I don't think it can work at all in today's age, maybe it could've worked back when Freddy vs Jason got released
>>
>>85823062
Cut out Jason and just make Ash vs Freddy and you've got a fucking film.
>>
>>85822300
>Leatherface-Alien hybrid
FUND IT NOW
>>
>>85820578
If it's not going to be with Jason, Freddy, Myers, Leatherface, etc... then it's going to be shit.
>>
>>85822300
>dat ending
Would watch/10
>>
KINO
>>
File: 1411193501662.png (154KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1411193501662.png
154KB, 500x276px
>>85823144
>implying Freddy would attack Ash
There's a reason he goes after kids. He's a weak beta baby.
>>
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the only decent movie out of all of those.
>>
>>85822300
Terrible t b h.
>>
>>85820578
>creating new slasher villains
>PG 13
straight_to_DVD.jpeg
>>
>>85823062
>but I don't think it can work at all in today's age

I would disagree. I think there's potential, putting slashers like Jason and Michael in a modern setting and seeing them pitted against today's millennials. Imagine a group of modern youths like the ones in Green Room dealing with that situation? Like, a character such as Jason represents our fears of being attacked in the wild right? So you could have a story like The Kings of Summer but add that slasher element. And you could still keep that 70s/80s style modern films and series have been using like The Guest, Stranger Things and It Follows.
>>
>>85822845
Rights with Jason are weird. I believe New Line has the rights to Jason the character but Paramount still owns the rights to the Friday the 13th name which is why none of the New Line produced Jason movies use it.
>>
File: jek.jpg (47KB, 780x423px) Image search: [Google]
jek.jpg
47KB, 780x423px
>>85820578
>slasher cinematic universe
>all unknown indie shit
What's even the point of announcing this?
>>
Sooo this is just a random horror anthology?

Nothing to do with what people want
>>
File: The Avengers.jpg (267KB, 1086x489px) Image search: [Google]
The Avengers.jpg
267KB, 1086x489px
>>85823399
yeah the suicide squad/avengers idea is much better imo
>>
File: leatherface vs jason.jpg (168KB, 644x680px) Image search: [Google]
leatherface vs jason.jpg
168KB, 644x680px
>>
It's been done, and it was called monster squad.
>>
>>85823440
I don't doubt that it can actually work, a Jason movie in todays age could work same as anything else
What I'm saying is that I don't think anyone really gives a shit about slashers from the late 70s and the 80s, Freddy vs Jason was unique but also a lot of people hated it for some reason when it's everything a movie like that can offer, I mean seriously what more can you ask in a movie about Freddy fighting Jason

It was a different time back then, idk man
>>
File: texas chainsaw massacre grab.gif (1MB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
texas chainsaw massacre grab.gif
1MB, 550x309px
>>85823388
The first 3 F13 films and the original Halloween are fucking horrorkino though you pleb. Although TCM is and always will be the GOAT slasher film.

Nightmare on Elm Street shouldn't even be considered a proper slasher because it started the self aware comedy-slasher crossover that infected and destroyed the entire genre because directors would rather make funny/gory low brow shit than actually tense and scary horror films.

As much as I love Freddy's quips, Nightmare on Elm Street was a mistake.
>>
>>85820578
>I think it's nearly impossible to get Michel Myers, Jason, Leatherface, Freddy, Ghostface and Chucky
Somehow the Mortal Kombat guys got most of the slashers in their game.
>>
>>85823734
>Nightmare on Elm Street shouldn't even be considered a proper slasher because it started the self aware comedy-slasher crossover

It really didn't though. The first Nightmare movie was straightforward horror.
>>
>>85823734
>because it started the self aware comedy-slasher crossover that infected and destroyed the entire genre
I thought Jason Lives was the first to do that.
>>
>>85823734
The only real good one that still stands the test of time is the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

ALL the Friday the 13th movies are terrible and dumb but that's the reason one enjoys them, the first F13 sucks hard though, it's just good to set the entire franchise, but if you take any of those F13 films seriously you most be pretending or just mentally retarded
Halloween 1 is pretty dated but it has good tense moments in the last part

Nightmare on Elm Street 1 is on par with TCM as being legitimately good, the sequels were part of the whole fun gore horror and they are all still better films than any of the F13 ones
And I like the F13 movies but I see them as fun but bad movies
>>
>>85824003
You're certainly not wrong. The early Friday the 13th movies are enjoyable because they have a nice sense of fun before the murders start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHu4gKFjASA
>>
File: 1496303461673.jpg (217KB, 1000x1422px) Image search: [Google]
1496303461673.jpg
217KB, 1000x1422px
>>85823857
Freddy still makes quips, and the kills are overly gory. Not to mention, the film isn't scary at all. At no point watching it did I ever feel scared of Freddy, I actually wanted him to win because of how fucking likeable he seems.

Now, i'll grant you that the first Nightmare is a lot more intense atmosphere wise than the later movies, but not to the extant that the first films in other classic slasher films are.

>>85823940
Jason Lives took the concept and ran with it.

Keep in mind, I don't even dislike the meta-comedy slasher type movie, I just wish that there had only been a handful, rather than them coming to dominate the genre to the point where even more modern stuff like Scream is more comedy than horror.

I just want actually terrifying slashers to return. The spat of reboots discussed earlier in the thread were an attempt, but they lacked the atmospheric buildup of the original films.

>>85824003
I disagree. It might just be taste, but the original (1-3) Friday the 13th films are far more scary to me on a psychological level than Nightmare on Elm. I grew up out in the middle of nowhere, so the way that Jason (and his mother, in the first film) prey on people's fear of the outdoors/camping is fucking perfect. Particularly in the first film, the kills made me physically uncomfortable because they are mostly shit i'm actually uncomfortable with IRL.

I just don't find Nightmare scary. Funny and likeable sure, but not scary on any level.
>>
>>85824144
Fair enough. Dream Warriors is my personal favorite NoES movie because of the horror/fantasy vibe.
>>
>>85824144
>I grew up out in the middle of nowhere, so the way that Jason (and his mother, in the first film) prey on people's fear of the outdoors/camping is fucking perfect

Okay I get why you would think that, for me the only F13 movie that I'd consider scary is Part 4, but you gotta accept they are bad movies, that's why they turned into self aware fun horror later on
And Freddy barely has any lines in the first Nightmare on Elm Street, no quips at all and you can barely see his face and he only kills 3 kids and there's not that much gore except in Johnny Depp's death (in fact the F13 movies have more gore in them) it's a pretty simple movie but it's actually good
The ones that you're thinking about are the sequels

And the first Scream is not exactly a comedy, it barely has comedy in it, it is a meta type movie but it's good at handling the horror
I got creeped out by it when I recently re watched it because of the killers, and how real they are, similar to your F13 and camping fear
>>
>>85820662
Phase One:
Friday the 13th
>Jason has been kill for years, the Camp Crystal Lake Research Facility (From Jason X) has his body
>Some schmuck stole Herbert West's re-animating formula and tries it out on Jason
>He gets up and fucks shit up
>The new body count is introduced, it's your updated version of dumb teenagers, fitting their present-day appearances
>Usual movie follows
>In the end the expected final girl leads Jason to his old shack
>Freddy's decapitaded head is there
>A cult of Fred Heads are chanting some weird shit
>Final girl stabs Jason and so do the cultists, in some weird sacrifice Freddy is resurrected and returns to the Dream Realm
>Jason kills the cultists but it's too late.

Nightmare
>Usual shit, most of the movie Freddy is working on some bigger plan
>It's all revealed in the end when he finds Mia from Evil Dead, who's in a mental hospital after the first film
>He torments her and forces her to get the book

Evil Dead 2
>Mia returns to the cabin and gets the Necronomicon
>Meets some archeologists and scholars there who read the book and start a whole new deadite invasion
>Mia goes full-Ash, gets the chainsaw arm, there's a moment where she legit snaps
>Ends by confronting Freddy and saying she's gonna use the book to kill him

Freddy vs Jason vs The Evil Dead
>Freddy tricks Jason into going after Mia
>They fight
>Freddy gets pulled from the Dream world by the book
>3-way battle
>Freddy manages to grab the Necronomicon and escapes with it
>Mia drowns Jason in the lake
>In the dimension Freddy has just travelled to, he meets Pinhead
>Phase 2 is Mia going after Herbert West to get a counter-agent for his formula; Jason fights Michael Meyers; And Freddy plays interdimensional chess against Pinhead for power
>>
>>85824413
Not that guy but Dream Warriors is just too cheesy for me, I prefer The Dream Master, not my favorite, my favorite is obviously the first one, although few days ago I watched the second one and it's not that bad as I thought it was

But yeah I should rewatch Dream Warriors
>>
>>85824721
>No ash
To the trash it goes
>>
>>85824748
I actually really enjoy the whole Dream Warriors story arc in 3-5. Dream Child is definitely the weakest one but I still enjoyed it and it was a good conclusion to Alice's story.
>>
>>85822300
>kills Freddy to death
>marvel post credits scene
>>
>>85820578
>First movie is about a clown-woman named Lola
>Second movie is about "time-bending psycho slashers known as the Chromatic Sisters"

This triggers the /tv/
>>
>>85823694
CLASSIC
L
A
S
S
I
C
>>
>>85824003
Suggesting the first Halloween isn't a classic.. and Halloween 2 isn't badass.

begone thot
>>
>>85824003
>Halloween 1 is pretty dated

Care to elaborate? I think it holds up quite well. Extremely creepy and oppressing all the way through.
>>
>>85824144

The early Friday the 13th movies do play up primal fear of the dark and being in the middle of nowhere with no help in sight, but just because NoES is entirely supernatural doesn't make it worse. Sure, it's different but I would argue in certain way it's far scarier as a concept as there's literally no fucking escape from Freddy since you have to sleep eventually.
>>
>>85820578
>pg-13 horror
Bargain Bin material
>>
>we've been discussing this on /tv/ for weeks
>now it's happening

those fucks are watching us. Is it that difficult to get all of them together? The fuck is Chucky doing now? Direct to VOD. Freddy has no movies. Jason has no movies. Are the rights that expensive? Someone needs to buy them all up ASAP.
>>
>>85825911
People have been discussing this for decades/
>>
>>85822300
>kills Freddy to death
seriously though, that movie would be pure kino
>>
>>85822300
You'd want to team up Chucky and Jason. The scenes would write themselves. Michael and Jason need to be kept away from each other. They're too similar.
>>
>>85826797
Chucky and Jason/Michel and Ghostface
>>
>>85822487

I was thinking of Dafoe maybe but he's also old

Then again, Bruce Campbell is still playing Ash so fuck it
>>
>>85827258
The thing is you really need Freddy to make it work. Englund is very old. You could only get one maybe two more movies out of him, before he kicks the bucket.
>>
>>85823062

There's a comic about that Freddy vs Jason vs Ash idea

Also eh nobody gives a shit about Universal classic monsters and they're still going through with their cinematic universe
>>
>>85823801

I'm expecting Neversoft to make a horror fighter any day now

They got Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Alien and Predator. As close to a properly funded crossover we'll ever get
>>
>>85827314
CGI him.
>>
>>85824144
> I actually wanted him to win because of how fucking likeable he seems.
I think that to some extent you can say this about all the slashers. They became anti-heroes of sorts, even though they were all still murderers you rooted for them. They didn't become icons for nothing. You cheer anytime Jason appears on screen, same for Michael Pinhead, Freddy, Chucky etc.

Also keep in mind we're in a completely different era now. The stories are not so much about rooting for the survivor and feeling dread and hoping they make it out alive, most horror movies nowadays with a monster villain make the movie centered around the villain as the protagonist, and everything else is just fodder to feed our desire to see the villain succeed
>>
>>85822300

That just sounds too contrived
>>
>>85827777
Still less contrived than most modern capeshit autism.
>>
>Still no Hack/Slash show or movie
Here's your slasher CU, put that shit into production.
>>
So what makes a good Slasher villain and why did these icons get... worse as their series continued?
>>
>>85827445
Netherrealm really seems to want to, it's just a matter of getting all the appropriate rights. Of which there are a ton. I guarantee you they have Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, the Predator and the Xenomorph on reserve already, tho.
>>
>>85828095
I suspect it has to do with the growth of the genre.

Basically, these film series started out as low-budget semi-independent films by directors who wanted to break into the industry; and consequently there were no restriction beyond the ratings boards and the small budgets (which also forced these directors/producers to be highly creative).

Later on, as larger Hollywood studios acquired (or in the case of New Line, were made huge by) these franchises, the films became subject to scripts by committee, inept studio editing, general Hollywood hubris really. I think a lot of the studios thought that gore and humor sold better then legitimate terror, and forced these elements onto films because test audiences or whatever liked these elements better.

It's hard to take a slasher villain seriously when they crack campy jokes and kill people in utterly ridiculous ways just because they can.
>>
>>85820578

There's no Leatherface, Pinhead, Ghostface, Michael Myers, Candyman or Freddy, so no one will really care.
>>
>>85822300

Throw in Ghostface, Candyman, Herbert West and Pumpkinhead and you've got yourself a deal.
>>
>>85828509

More like multiple sequels practically kill any suspense and threat from the bad guy, so you have to come up with some kind of gimmick to make the movies interesting further on the franchise keeps on trucking. Camp and jokes is one way of doing that, since the audience tend to like to laugh as teens are brutally slaughtered.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.