[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After having finished Ozark and Breaking Bad on netflix. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: mad-men-1.jpg (52KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
mad-men-1.jpg
52KB, 825x464px
After having finished Ozark and Breaking Bad on netflix. I've decided to watch one of the more acclaimed shows that people talk about.

I want to either start:
- The Wire
- Mad Men
- The Sopranos
- The Leftovers

What show should I watch first? And if you could explain why I'd appreciate it. Kinda want to know which would be more interesting.
>>
>>85820225
Try the show where you're not a massive cum guzzling faggot.
>>
The Sopranos is the best television show ever created. No other offers its incredible cast with such acting chops, and no one does symbolism better. They will never top it. The Wire and Mad Men are both excellent too. As is The Shield.
>>
>>85820225
Sopranos. Maybe the Wire. Mad Men doesn't hold up just a couple of years later imho.
>>
>>85820225
The Wire. It's sort of timeless (although some of the surveillance methods are completely outdated today) and actually educational.
>>
The Sopranos
The Wire
Mad Men
The Leftovers

This exact order
>>
>>85820295
This
>>
The Sopranos. It's more likely you'll accidentally run into a spoiler for that, so better to finish that first. It also happens to be the best of them, so that's a bonus.
>>
>>85820225
um the wire. u wont like it at first then u will quit it for like a year and then u will watch it fully and then u will be like wew best show ever
>>
>>85821481
DONT STOP
>>
>>85820225
watch the sopranos last because it will make the other shows irrelevant once youve seen it
>>
The Sopranos is not only the best show out there but it's also the most accessible. Once you finish that you will find it much easier to understand The Wire and Deadwood and Mad Men, which I think are the next 3 best shows out there. Deadwood especially is very difficult for someone who doesn't watch good TV
>>
>>85820225
The leftovers
Reasoning: Alphabetical.
>>
>>85820786
What do you think doesn't hold up about Mad Men?
>>
File: IMG_2375.jpg (1MB, 1440x1922px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2375.jpg
1MB, 1440x1922px
Mad Men seems a bit bloated these days
>>
File: IMG_2333.jpg (507KB, 1569x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2333.jpg
507KB, 1569x2400px
>>85822240
Bloated and huge
>>
>>85822116
It's dated.
>>
>>85820225
mad men is slow, but has the best character building, great late 50s. early 60s aesthetic

the wire is an intriguing looking into the layers of a shitty big city with lots of problems done through very likeable characters
>>
>>85822116
It insists upon itself.
>>
File: LyannaStarkreal.jpg (513KB, 2750x2200px) Image search: [Google]
LyannaStarkreal.jpg
513KB, 2750x2200px
>>85820225
1. Sopranos
2. Mad Men
3. Leftovers
4. The Wire
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.