[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norm Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: norm.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
norm.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>He made a terrible mistake. He took the AIDS test and crammed the night before
>>
this is a knick knack, paddy wack, give this frog a loan
>>
>>85816784
no longer a norm fan after he talked shit about Bill Hicks, a guy thats been dead for 20+ years
>>
The Tyson episode was thoroughly enjoyable. I loved how gracious Mike was to Adam Eget.
>>
>>85817128
He just said he honestly didn't find him funny. I don't either. It's just this smug guy saying "think well of me, think well of me, I dislike the same people you do, I take drugs, I'm cool, like a rockstar, think well of me, think well of me, waitresses are stupid and should be demeaned, think well of me".
>>
>>85817128
really? what he said about Bill Hicks made me rethink how I feel about those kinds of comedians, i.e. ones without a single punchline
>>
>>85816784
>ALL THE STARS ARE HERE
>>
When Tyson dared Norm to say nigger I was laughing myself fucking silly, what a genuinely great moment that was
>>
>>85817433
Tyson was great because he caught Norm off guard multiple times. I loved when Norm made that joke about his dad not waking up today.

>how do you know
>he's been dead for 20 years
>today?
>no... today isn't the anniversary of his death
>>
Is he wearing lipstick?

This guy had one funny bit on SNL and has been riding coattails for 30 years
>>
I loved his book and Ive been catching up on his weekend updates and his podcast. So glad I found him.
The moth joke is the only joke I've memorized and it always gets me laughs.
>>
>>85817671
>one funny bit on SNL

??
>>
>>85817684
Have fun spending hours on YouTube my friend. Usually it goes:

SNL stuff
Conan appearances
Letterman appearances
Howard Stern appearances

Once you've gotten through that, his appearances on The View and Tom Green's old show are underrated. There's also a few good Leno interviews as well.
>>
>>85817671
SNL norm is pleb norm
>>
>>85817684
The Little Johnny joke is superior
>>
>>85816784
I don't get it. Like cramming a dick in his ass? That was the mistake? Or just studying for an AIDS test was a terrible thing because it's not that sort of test.

I've spent a lot of time inside alone and my mind has suffered for it
>>
>>85816784
Fucking hell I'm glad Norm is back. In my school days I used to idolize him as a comedian and I kept trying to get my friends to watch some of his shit, but they were the kind of people who didn't really get why it was such good comedy. I tried and borrow some of his jokes and work them into my whole routine I had going on as the class clown, I had to try so hard to keep myself from busting up laughing, but all I ever got in return were blank stares.

I thought if I kept doing it eventually people around me would warm up to my own special brand of humor. I'm not sure why I am this way or how I could have been so oblivious to it all, but people who I hung around with in high school weren't really my friends and I didn't really realize that until a few years after graduation when I checked up on some classmates and saw them referring to me as "that kid". They thought there was something wrong with me, but I just kept standing near them and trying to talk to them and shit even though they made considerable effort to change lunch hangout spots daily to throw me off or avoid me and the whole time I'm just dying on the inside with laughter trying to contain my sides from exploding because I honestly thought I was rocking their world.

But no, they only occasionally laughed along because they thought I was retarded or mentally ill or autistic or something like that. Anyway my point is that Norm is still really fucking funny you just have to be a bit careful and play it by ear, but the tricky part is trying to work out whether the laughs your getting are from the Norm jokes or if they're laughing because you appear oblivious to the fact that you're constantly embarrassing yourself. Maybe that's the whole point I have no idea, but the whole time I was trying to cultivate my image as a class clown to gain a little bit of cred I was actually doing irreparable harm to my reputation and now there's not really anything I can do other than move towns or kill myself.
>>
>>85817766
I watched an episode of Tom Green's show a while back where Norm is noticeably drunk and slurring by the end? Can anyone help out? I haven't been able to find it since.
>>
>>85817851
Ha
>>
>>85817929
That sucks bro. Your friends were probably all into Dane Cook at the time or some shit. Norm is an acquired taste for a lot of people.
>>
>>85817929
lol
>>
>>85817128
Comic's that do rant comedies are only funny if you agree with them, like Bill Hicks.
>>
1. Nealon
2. Gottfreid
3. Super Dave
4. Spade
5. Willard
>>
File: 1489539664564.jpg (23KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
1489539664564.jpg
23KB, 620x413px
>>85816784
>youre dad is still alive, right
>..no
>FUCK
>>
>>85817929
that's funny because the biggest chad i know is a norm fanatic
>>
>>85818148
The best rant comedians win over the crowd first, like Burr
>>
>>85818223
except bill burr writes punchlines
>>
>>85818163
And swardson somewhere
>>
Norm has kinda morphed into a reddit comic lately, I think he let people telling him that the moth joke was genius go to his head
>>
>>85818038
So which?
>>
>>85817929
weapons grade bait
>>
>>85817851
He crammed the night before by having as much unprotected gay sex as possible to ensure he "passed" the AIDS test.
>>
>>85818497
Fuck

I think I'm going to have to kill myself
>>
>>85816784
He's mediocre, his sidekick ruins the atmosphere and the television-style format sucks hard.
The only thing even remotely redeeming are the guests.
I honestly wished this television styled tripe stayed off the internet and died alongside it's medium.
>>
>>85818854
You can download the episodes and listen to it as a standard podcast though.
>>
File: 1415151074548.png (400KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1415151074548.png
400KB, 640x480px
>>85816784
If they keep up with this format, it honestly might be the death of the series. It's fucking awful. I couldn't even watch half the Tyson episode before I just gave up, and clicked on some random old episode to watch.

I can give norm a sort of pass for his letterman, since he seemed like he was trying to impress him or something, and just let him run the show. It was boring and bad, but maybe that's just how Norm is normally around letterman.

Tyson was pretty shitty, but what else would you expect? the guy is barely literate.

The one clip of the seinfeld episode seemed pretty shit as well though!

>adam acts like an actual retard to win brownie points with seinfeld

>norm lets it go with hardly a mention.

Start having an opening bit again.

Start just acting like yourself

We all know this is never going to be a big thing, you aren't going to get rich off this Norm.

FUCK
>>
>>85818854
That fact that you used the word tripe unironically tells me that you are without a doubt a homosexual.
>>
>>85819218
The Tyson episode did have an opening bit though. But yes, I agree that the episodes with less "prestigious" guests are more fun.
>>
>>85817929

pasta?
>>
Was there any other coveted clip for a Norm fan? I though it was buried by the network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3PP_SWHUQQ
>>
>>85818223
Burr wins over the crowd by cucking and attacking white men.
>>
>>85819496
Not that I'm aware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTrj0oWL_mA
>>
>>85816784
I'm sorry about bringing up Hitler
>>
>>85819397
>The Tyson episode did have an opening bit though

You're correct. I'm an idiot. It was very short though.I I still liked it. The Letterman one didn't have one tho.

Some of the funniest bits were those intro's without the guest.
>>
>>85819496
wew lad
>>
>>85819218
You couldn't get through the Tyson episode because Mike Tyson is a fucking crazy man. We have things called social contracts, people who breach them tend to be unpredictable. Norm was reading through all that crap as fast as he could too, so they didn't pass 30 mins.
>>
>>85817128
Bill Hicks had some good stuff but overall was just trying to be edgy
>>
>>85819496
It's amazing that he did this in 2000. Nobody had the balls to go on National TV and do this in 2000
>>
>>85819619
I actually thought the disastrous jokes segment with Tyson was the best part of the show.

>Mike Tyson broke up with his girlfriend
>...which one?
>>
>>85817202
>think well of me
That's 99% of comedians though.
>>
>>85818066
To be fair Dane Cook was pretty funny
>>
>>85816784
>Norm: Some gold plated chains would make a nice retirement gift for a very, very good slave.
>Super Dave: Are you serious?!
>Norm: Well this was written years ago.
>>
>>85817128
Bill Hicks is a pathetic sack of shit who got a nice fucking glass of karma
>DUDE GOD'S NOT REAL
>get cancer
>spend the last 6 months of your life in solitude and prayer apologizing for the things you did
kek
Kek.
KEK!
>>
>>85819713
They actually did the jokes part with tyson? he could read the cards?
>>
>>85819788
Barely. By the last one Norm was repeating what was written on the card after Tyson read it.
>>
>>85819788
He could read the cards but didn't understand any of the punchlines.
>>
>>85819551

>the n-word guy said the f-word

HAHA HOLY SHIT

Was it a different time back then? How did he get away with that?
>>
>>85817128

I was a fan of Hicks in my teens. When i watch him now, he comes across as an obnoxious ass with an inflated sense of self importance. Anyone who holds him in high esteem probably has the same personality.
>>
>>85819760
The Super Dave episode is god tier. That was the perfect first guest.
>>
>>85819855
>>85819869
I'll watch the rest of the episode eventually but, it was just not enjoyable for me by the halfway point. The jokes part seem to be funny for any guest. I'll watch the end of the episode soon.
>>
>>85819496
Holy fuck lmao

>Bill Clinton, he killed a man
>>
>>85817766
don't forget Denise Miller appearances as well
>>
>>85819231
So tripe is a word you can't stomach?
>>
>>85819496
Jesus christ he's on a completely different level.
He must have started that Cosby story about five times and never got anywhere with it.
>>
File: 1415162991088.jpg (21KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1415162991088.jpg
21KB, 409x409px
>>85819958
I have found no pattern in how much I like Norms guest's in regards to how close Norm is with the guest.
>>
>>85819218
Are you retarded? And Adam doesn't get the joke because that's his character, you can even see the gears whirring as he comprehends it and decides to make an ass of himself instead. I live in a place with no jews and I understood the joke immediately but I'd never have the balls to deliberately act like a fuckhead moron in front of Seinfeld. Fucking based douchebag.
>>
>>85820392
This is a good one.
>>
File: paulie.jpg (35KB, 498x399px) Image search: [Google]
paulie.jpg
35KB, 498x399px
>>85820392
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>85820392
hehe
use this next time
>>
>>85820524
It's interesting how the episodes with the least funny comedians end up being some of the best ones
>David Spade
>Jewish guy from the Big Bang Theory
>Fred Stoller

all GOAT episodes, nothing comes close to the Gilbert Gottfried two-parter though.
>>
>>85817128
I need clinical depression to enjoy Hicks.
>>
>>85822166
I thought the Larry King one was actually pretty great too.
>>
>>85816981
give me a link? it sounds so familiar
>>
>>85817955
found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJYpsrv02No
>>
File: 1498605000304.jpg (41KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
1498605000304.jpg
41KB, 630x420px
>>85818854
>this television styled tripe
trite
>>
>>85822336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eomrY4Yf49w
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.