[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harry Potter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: grinwald.png (3MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
grinwald.png
3MB, 1536x2048px
Why are some magicians more powerful than others?

Is magic in HP universum genetic or is being powerful just result of hard work?

hm?
>>
>>85809933
they dumped all their points into magic so their attacks are more powerful but they've got shit willpower so unless they one shot someone they're done
>>
midichlorians
>>
Probably genetic

Voldemort is race mixed and the most powerful ever so there's probably some metaphor about how race mixing is good

Hermione is non pure blood and the best at her school

Harry, Ron, Draco, etc are pure blood and retarded
>>
>>85809974
>one specific spell exists to one-shot people
seems kind of unbalanced.
>>
>>85809933
From what I gather I think it's the result of study and hard work. Mudbloods can be just as strong as someone who was raised in a magic practicing family, I think the slur is more an insult to ones' heritage, not so much their ability to cast magic.
>>
Easiest explanation is to just compare it to why some people are geniuses in the real world, why some people can do advanced trigonometry without having studied it for years and things like that.
>>
>>85810055
Wasn't Lilly half blood as well mate?
>>
>>85810082
What about squibs?
>>
>>85810113
Lily was a filthy mudblood and Snape was better off without her.
>>
File: mac daddy rank.jpg (548KB, 1616x2896px) Image search: [Google]
mac daddy rank.jpg
548KB, 1616x2896px
Did you really expect anything else from the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>85810116
The magic equivalent of having too many chromosomes
>>
>>85810055
Huh?

Harry is half-blood
>>
>>85810177
You're supposed to personalise the first sentence to fit the thread theme.
>>
>>85810177
t. Malfoy
>>
>>85810287

Harry is basically pure blood, his mother was a magic capable mudblood, not a muggle. An actual half-blood would be Voldemort, since his father was a muggle.
>>
It's like martial arts I guess. Someone like Brucely or Ip Man is a top teir fighter probably with an innate ability, but someome like conor macgregor or joe rogen could work his way up to near there level just with hard work
>>
File: IMG_4762.png (1KB, 302x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4762.png
1KB, 302x112px
>>85809996
/thread
>>
File: 1500500209765.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500500209765.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>85810237
>>
it's both hard work and spiritual connection with the magic world
>>
>>85810406
you're still half-blood if you have muggle grandparents
>>
>>85810412
Brucely? Did Krieger clone a half-Bruce Lee, half-pig creature?
>>
>>85810237
I bet I have more chromosomes than you
in real life you fucking loser
>>
>>85810552
>>85810406
Get it?! Because Voldemort and the Death Eaters were the Wizarding World equivalent of Nazis!
>>
>>85810600
Yeah I'd also bet that you've got a few extra, anon
>>
>>85810586
I always said that the Harry Potter series needed more pigs that knew kung fu
>>
>>85809933
What exactly did he do wrong?
>>
>>85810552

that's being rather picky, and it'd be quite stupid coming from Voldemort, but I guess it'd fit the character megalomaniac attitude to just never mention his ascendance.
>>
>>85810631
yeah well your mom doesn't seem to mind when I spunk those chromosomes inside her
>>
>>85810669
He beat his wife across the face with a wine bottle.

Or did you mean the character?
>>
>>85810749
lmao that didn't happen
>>
>>85810702
Don't you remember the rumor that Hitler had Jewish ancestry? Do you get it? Voldemort is Hitler!
>>
>>85810702
that's the official definition, if you asked voldemort and death eaters they would probably call you half-blood if you have any muggle blood at all
>>
>>85810749
The character. I just don't see how he is more of a villain than the nig chick who orders the wizard cops to murder the retard boy for trying to free the wizards from living out life in forced secrecy.
>>
>>85810857

OOOO:
>>
>>85810887
DIsregard everything after retard boy, I am hallucinating right now and thought I wrote the rest of that sentence.
>>
>>85810113
She was muggle-born, James was pure-blood, so Harry is half-blood.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.