[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he fill Alec Guinness's boots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Ewan-McGregor-as-Obi-Wan-014.jpg (483KB, 2500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ewan-McGregor-as-Obi-Wan-014.jpg
483KB, 2500x1500px
Did he fill Alec Guinness's boots?
>>
>>85806085
He was the best part of the prequels and he did feel like a young Ben Kenobi at the end of ROTS
>>
>>85806085
he was busting out of them. Only redeeming quality of the prequels. I would rather have him in the current trilogy than luke tbqh
>>
>>85806085
It was an excellent impersonation, yes.
>>
>>85806085
I'd say he not only did Guiness' performance justice, but also gave a nuanced detail to the otherwise fairly one dimensional character that was Old Obi Wan Kenobi.

In the OT he was played exceptionally well, but written as a jaded, regret filled exposition machine - when Ewan stepped in they showed a well fleshed out journey that showed how a young man would grow to become that person through years of war and lost friendships.

Ewan did better than Guiness, because the script let him.
>>
>>85806085
They probably made new boots for him. I doubt they even still know where Alec Guinness's OT boots are.
>>
>>85806085
He would have been great had the prequels been well written

That being said, he did his best and was the best part of any of those films.
>>
>>85806085
he did decently well despite shitty writing
the endless one liners were fairly annoying but he did alright
>>
>>85806085

He did better.
>>
>>85806146
Sheev was better.
>>
>>85806085
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTR0DorSw
>>
>>85806085
He was the only good thing about the prequels.
>>
>>85806983
That's a good post. I really believe Ewan superseded Alec.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB7ue_exdig

Bet you Ewan McGregor never had a story like this.
>>
File: 300013_press03-001.jpg (37KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
300013_press03-001.jpg
37KB, 400x600px
Has any Jedi had a better outfit the Luke did in Return of the Jedi?
>>
>>85806085
Yes. Did the best he can with such a shitty script.
>>
>>85806085
His acting was fantastic. If only the writing was better.

>>85810476
Based outfit
>>
>>85806085
His You Were the Chosen One speech at the end of Revenge of the Sith is the best acting in any Star Wars film. No other scene in Star Wars even comes close to being that emotional.

Even with the lack of set up of Anikan and Obi Wan ever really hanging out or being really good friends, that speech made you feel really sad for Obi Wan.
>>
>>85806085
Absolutely. I'd watch an obi wan spin-off with him. Ewan is the perfect age too
>>
He was brilliant. The CGI wasn't
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.