[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mummy Director Uncertain About Future With the Dark Universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1434.jpg (17KB, 570x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1434.jpg
17KB, 570x285px
Asked about his role in the Dark Universe going forward.

>Kurtzman replied, “You know the truth is, I don’t know. I really don’t know. Haven’t really decided, is the honest answer.”

Kurtzman in a separate interview addressed whether future Dark Universe films will be tailored more for foreign audiences, given The Mummy’s large international appeal.

>“It’s hard for me to know, is the truth. I think every movie will be different. I certainly know that the legacy of the monsters have endured across the world throughout the years. Almost a century. So I have to believe American audiences will find it too with the right ingredients.”

Hahahaha

Universal and Tom BTFO

/tv/ wins again
>>
Already looking forward to the next attempt at a cinematic universe

and the one after that
>>
>>85804459
Holy crap is Cruise taller than Kurtzman?
>>
>>85804459

Hello, Reddit. Based Tom is /tv/'s Golden God, try harder next time.
>>
File: darkuniverseonitsway.png (51KB, 723x711px) Image search: [Google]
darkuniverseonitsway.png
51KB, 723x711px
it will pass. So far for 2017 only capeshit, disney transformshit, carxplosion and animations passed it.
They even were aware of it long before 'Mummy' premiere:
From may 2017 interviews:
>insiders say a $40 million bow (plus a strong overseas haul) would be enough to move forward with the universe as planned.
>the film is expected to do the majority of its business abroad, where Cruise continues to be a major draw.
Can't bruise the Cruise. Movie opened at 32 in US and now reached circa 80 mil. Worldwide biggest Cruise opening ever, now despite bad reviews is on way to 400 mil.

Based on FF, also Universal:
>box-office analyst Paul Dergarabedian. "If you look at [Universal's] Fate of the Furious, 80 percent of its box office came from international. Tom Cruise is an international superstar, and he remains so."

they were fully aware of fails.
>Still, the film represents a considerable gamble for Universal given that recent reboot attempts of aging intellectual property haven't fared well (see Alien: Covenant)

they gonna just focus on foregin, as thats Universal strategy so far. Maybe throw Kurtzman out, but they put too much to marketing to simply kill Dark Universe
>>
>>85804618

Press photo

>>85804662

Tom is finished
>>
File: cantbruisethecriuse.png (60KB, 614x866px) Image search: [Google]
cantbruisethecriuse.png
60KB, 614x866px
>>85805159
>Tom is finished
maybe for americans, worldwide this guy is still uncomparable. Find me any A-lister from 80s who still gets this BO numbers.
Tom is last stand in movie star group. Now all successful movies are not coz of actors, but coz of universes/franchises. Cruise is last actual 'name' to bring asses into seats.

American Made is around the corner and next Mission Impossible gonna get half-billion at least.

Tom to "Mummy" is ironically both, savior and killer. If they brought Brendan back, maybe domestic BO would be bigger (around 100 mil MAX) but worldwide we would get maybe 1/3 of what Cruise brings.
>>
>>85805409

If tom is that great then why did it flop
>>
>>85804459
you know, if they would have just made it a fucking HORROR movie and not some MI movie with mummies it prb would have done better.

No fucking need for a 100+ millon dollar Mummy movie.
>>
>>85805476
coz americans don't like him anymore, mostly for scientology stuff or his anit-aging action roles he takes. They only like comic superheroes and star wars.
Last 10 years his movies had about only 20-30% earned in america, rest is foregin. Before 2005 it was around even to worldwide
>>
>>85805476
Because the movie is a mess? Tom's character is not great and hard to connect to. I think audiences need a reason to care about Tom fighting a zombie princess
>>
>>85804819
WTF the last RE movie did 310+?
That hsit looked like straight to video garbage. Who the fuck goes to see this crap?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.