[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the US & Britain portray gypsies like THIS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Seriously, what is this? In the series, Thomas is half-Irish, half-Gypsy. His aunt Polly is part gypsy as well. But the whole family is white as snow, and most have blue eyes. Hell, even the gypsies themselves in the show look the same, just with brown eyes. Where does this come from? Why to they portray them as white?

I mean, tons and tons of gypsies live around here (Balkans), but they're all pretty brown. You may come across somebody who looks like a tanned Med, but that's it. They all look ugly as hell to boot.

So what's the reason behind this? Did the gyppos in American or Britain blend-in, mixed and got bleached? Why pretend that they'rewhite? Why always present them as persecuted when they're in reality thieving, murdering fucks?
>>
>>85788686
If you cast real gypsies you'll end up with everything that isn't nailed down on set disappearing
>>
If they cast real gypsies, the American audience would wonder what all those Mexicans were doing in Europe.
>>
>>85788817
Can't argue with that.

>>85788842
Still, why not cast some mid Latinos or something? These guys are as white as the clouds.
>>
>>85788686
Irish gypsies are different to Eastern-euro ones.
>>
>>85789223
How?
>>
>Why always present them as persecuted when they're in reality thieving, murdering fucks?
They are much like Jews in that they will stab you and then scream about persecution when you retaliate.

Only difference is that Jews are smart and able to organize. Gypsies are stupid and travel, not settling or trying to control the banks or political system. But the way they react to opposition/criticism is very similar.
>>
>>85788686

>Balkans

no, Balkan, you are the gypsy
>>
>>85789319
Yeah, jews are pretty much just high-functioning gypsies 2bh
>>
>>85788686
>But the whole family is white as snow, and most have blue eyes. Hell, even the gypsies themselves in the show look the same, just with brown eyes. Where does this come from? Why to they portray them as white?

You're a special kind of retard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers

They're just called "gypsies" by brits, they have no relation to the Roma
>>
File: _47984873_-87.jpg (66KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
_47984873_-87.jpg
66KB, 640x457px
>>85788686

Surprise surprise, Gypsies who have lived in the UK for half a millennium look different from Eastern European Gypsies.
>>
Romanies in the UK are rare and fine most of the time, the only people we tend to call gypsies are the irish and carnival ones
>>
>>85789223
>>85789462

They actually address this, the Gypsies in Peaky Blinders are somewhat confusingly Roma rather than Irish Traveller. They're still not the same thing as Balkan Gyppos though.
>>
>>85789269
Most British "gypsies" are Pikeys, ans Pikeys are actually ethnically Irish. They just get called gypsies because they are a bunch of migratory degenerates that behave like niggers - which in most of Europe was the niche occupied by legitimate gypsies. The funny thing about gypsies is that they're literally from pakistan, so they could have just cast anyone from London.
>>
>>85788686
Gypsies in the UK are just the Irish but with more inbreeding
>>
>>85789508
>They actually address this, the Gypsies in Peaky Blinders are somewhat confusingly Roma rather than Irish Traveller

This. For example they use a Romani word to call the Shelby's mother a halfblood whore
>>
>>85789508
Why not cast some pakis then?
>>
Western gypsies are far less brown than eastern european ones.

t.slav that lives in France and got to know french gyppos.
>>
Irish Travellers are completely different to Eastern European Roma gypsies
>>
>>85789638
They must be more mixed with the locals, then. Make of that what you will
>>85789411
Far, far more dangerous, though. The difference IQ makes, huh
>>
So Mads for Doom is a no-go?
>>
>>85789464
That's because Eastern Europeans don't shag their gypsies
>>
>>85789833
Eh, just change his backstory and be done with it. The 616 origin was always fucking stupid.

>waaaah, the evil natives are opressing me
>does magic and contacts Elder Gods
>babies die
>waaaaah, why did the evil Yuropoors kill my mommy waaaaaaaah

Make him a proper Eastern European Slav and be done with it.
>>
>>85789349
I'm a Med Balkan, so...
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.