[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's going to be shit, isn't it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 31

File: dto121.png (817KB, 996x658px) Image search: [Google]
dto121.png
817KB, 996x658px
it's going to be shit, isn't it?
>>
>shoving adapting the first 5 books into one movie
>expecting anything but shit

They could have just done one slow burner with the first book, padded it a bit and it'd have been amazing
>>
>>85786210

hope not, watching this for free
>>
What, is it going to be a VOD?
>>
>Akiva Goldsman

Yep, pure trash.
>>
Regardless, every /pol/tard on the site will sperg about it for weeks because there's a black dude in it.
>>
>>85786232
it's not an adaption. It's a prequel and sequel
>>
No, the boring as fuck trailers with grey colors and seemingly flat story means the movie is going to do well.
>>
>>85786210
Well look at that promo image. Is there anything remotely interesting about some nigger in some Morpheus-like gear walking around a city with a kid?
>>
>>85786210
>Test Screenings
The bane of the film industry
>>
>>85786589
Reddit is that way --->
>>
>>85786613
>hurr the marketing said so so it must be true
They're going to explain why Roland turned into a nigger too since it's a sequel right?
>>
>>85786642
Yes and No.

There's been instances where studio interference or whatever has led to a better film. Not many but still.
>>
>abbey lee is being wasted in this

just put her in a dceu kino already
>>
The Man in black did nothing wrong
Blaine the Train did nothing wrong
Roland is white
Oy is best doggo
>>
>>85786589
>weeks
It will very probably flop harder than fant4stic.
There will be a few threads for a 3-4 days and then everyone will forget it ever existed.
>>
>Three blind screenings last October, shown before final effects work had been completed, confirmed fears that the picture was a mess. Audiences at the test screenings couldn’t understand the mythology and rated the film poorly.
>The two companies split costs, and in return MRC was granted “kill rights” on everything from the marketing campaign to the final cut of the picture. If one company didn’t like a trailer or a cut of the film, it had to be scrapped, making it difficult to achieve consensus. It’s a rare type of partnership, with the kind of sign-off that few production companies enjoy. That led to a case of “too many cooks in the kitchen,” according to one insider. King also had a great deal of input. In return for the rights to his work, he retained veto approval of almost every aspect of the film.
>The books move forward and backward in time and reference multiple genres, from gangster films to Arthurian legends. It was a struggle to combine parts of several books into an 88-minute film that appeals to both King devotees and mainstream audiences.
>Sony’s Rothman believes that the narrative complexity will ultimately help the film connect with audiences. “It’s a fantasy film and so yes, it’s complicated; it’s intricate and ambitious, but that’s a good thing because with the complexity of the stuff on television now, theater audiences want ambition,” he said.

this sounds like a bomb for the ages
>>
>>85786210
Of course it is. It has literally the same plot as the Masters of he Universe movie m. The only difference being that that trashed a crappy kids toy commercial show and this is trashing Stephen King's magnum opus
>>
>>85786210
going by the trailer; yes
>>
>>85786210
I feel like buying some Ziploc all of a sudaaaa
>>
File: 1493099327211.jpg (189KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1493099327211.jpg
189KB, 500x566px
>tfw they could have filmed the Gunslinger for 10 million in a California desert
>nah let's waste tens of millions of dollars turning this story into Harry Potter
>>
>>85786779
Stephen himself already did that by making every book worse than the previous one. I couldn't get past book 3 because it was so shit.
>>
Everyone with half a brain realized it was going to be shit after watching the trailer. The IT 2017 trailer didn't look too bad so hopefully that will be some good Stephen Kin(g)o. Maybe in 5 years after everyone's forgotten about this shit show we can get a series made by people who give a fuck
>>
>>85786769
>movies should be like TV lmao

Retard fucking exec, holy FUCK.
>>
>>85786210
yeah, because Rolad isn't a NIGGER
>>
>>85786854
.>modern Hollywood making a big budget Western
Never gonna happen, theyre for white people
>>
>>85786910
>>85786769
Why the FUCK didn't they just make a TV show then?! It could have turned out half decent
>>
>>85786210
>implying a film adaptation of a stephen king novel could ever be shit
>>
>>85786640
Your fear of the black man is noted..
>>
I think i'm gonna skip this now.

I love the books I really do. Favorite series. I'd give everything to see it on the big screen. except this. This is terrible. The best thing about Dark Tower books were their heavy western influences. It all came to life through the main character Roland Deschain. A Gunslinger who's attitude and looks sold the story. A big part being white and blue eyes (In contrasts to Randal flagg being 'The man in black'. These idiots couldn't figure out the poetry in the books
>>
>>85786210
The story could have been adequately adopted in a low budget TV series.

Instead we got this Dr Strange shit with a token black guy for a lead.

The book features a disabled black woman as a main character. That wasnt diverse enough?
>>
>>85786210
>second book deals about a mentally insane woman hates white people with passion
>let´s switch the race of the protagonist form a to a white guy for "diversity" sake because that is gonna work just fine
>>
>>85787634
>this will ever get a sequel
Even if it does they'll just make her a white lady that hates black people. They'll get their forced diversity AND get to show how evil the white man is. Win win
>>
>>85787254
>poetry in the books
>sk
>>
>>85786210
Isnt it racist that a black cowboy has to be in the inner city instead of a western wasteland?
>>
>>85786589
you dont belong here
>>
>>85786769
Wait, it combines parts of SEVERAL books? Well that's a flop.
>>
>>85787788

More like the stories of a man who was drugged up,drunk, and depressed during the years of his life this book was made. Idc about Stephen King at all (Major cuck) but these books are ripe for discussion.
>>
>>85786589
>/pol/ boogeyman
Yep, they went through your skull.
>>
Why isn't this a TV series?
>>
>>85788518
Because Sony was desperate to start a new movie franchise.
They probably thought this was the new Harry Potter or Hunger Games.
>>
>>85786649
We get it, your racist. /pol needs to leave forever
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 280x358px
>>85786642
Bane?
>>
>>85788600
But it's a valid question given that this supposed to be a sequel.
>>
>>85788415
>/pol/ boogeyman

But he's right and they're already in the thread even though it's going to be a shit movie that under any other circumstances no one would bother to watch these fucks are going to whine and bitch about it until tumblr catches on and retaliates and it becomes a way bigger deal than it should be for a boring, generic, middle of the road sci fi movie for preteens.
>>
How has Sony even survived up to this point?
>>
>>85786640
I agree anon it would've been a lot more interesting if he was white.
>>
>>85788646
dead meme
>>
File: IMG_2965.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2965.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>85786729
>Blaine the train
>>
>>85787713
Not to mention, she'll be cured of her hatred through the power of black dick, so they'll get the white chick/black dude pairing that Hollywood has been obsessed with for the last few years. It's a win-win-win.
>>
>>85787634
Don't worry, friendo. To bypass that problem they just cut Susannah out of the movie entirely :^)
>>
>>85786210

guy is ugly so it will be shit. too bad because boy is cute.
>>
>>85786690
I remember the producers of the Final Destination films would intentionally make shit endings for the sequels after the test screening for the first film got hugely negative reviews so they got more money to make a huge end sequence. Worked every time.

>>85787025
Cause Sony Pictures is retarded
>>
>>85786210
>2017
>people stll think they can get a decent movie out of King without an incredible director
>>
>>85789409
>intentionally make shit endings
I'm reminded heavily of South Park: Bigger Longer And Uncut's bit where they just fucking nuked the whole movie to complete over-the-top-ness in order to get an R rating (Didn't want another Orgazmo on their hands)
>>
What are the chances King will backpedal on all the good words the put out in favor of the movie once it bombs like a mad paki in heat?
>>
>>85790068
Orgazmo is a great film.
>>
it was always going to be shit because the source material is shit.

but I can't wait for the HAHAHAH IT FLOPPED BECAUSE NIGGER threads, will be a great time.
>>
>>85786210
The trailer made it look kinda good, mostly because of Idris.
But I doubt he's gonna be able to carry the whole movie.
>>
File: whosurdaddy.jpg (45KB, 526x499px) Image search: [Google]
whosurdaddy.jpg
45KB, 526x499px
>Cast lead character as diversity hire
>So far removed from common folk that they don't realize they've turned an iconic phrase into a sure laugh line.
>>
>>85789191
She's going to climb his Dark Tower lol
>>
>>85786779
>Stephen King's magnum opus
[fart noise]
>>
>>85787634
And in the 7th book the timeline gets reset but he has the Horn of Eld this time, who's to say that any of his Ka-Tet will be who they were the last time around.
>>
>>85786769
>Rothman
Jfc, it doesn't even deserve a chance.
>>
>>85786210
Honestly its a hard movie to make, and nothing against Idris Elba in the slightest, but the fact they casted him shows that their plans for this movie were more or less incorporeal. I wouldn't be surprised if this movie turns out to be just completely off-the-wall retarded. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence to know that whoever has creative control over this already bubbling hot shitstorm is willing to go so far out on a limb as to change the main character's race entirely.
>>
>>85786589
yeah dude fucking pols man why is there someone that doesn't agree with my american pop culture bubble
>>
>>85786210
>source material is written by stephen king

it was always going to be shit. the shit is just compounded now by incompetency by the studio as well.
>>
>>85787129
>>85789108
>all you took from that post was the use of the word "nigger"

The movie will flop. I know why. You're either shilling or in denial.

Niggers
>>
File: 1447704402966.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447704402966.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>85786769
>Three blind screenings last October, shown before final effects work had been completed, confirmed fears that the picture was a mess. Audiences at the test screenings couldn’t understand the mythology and rated the film poorly.

Oh boy.
>>
Why don't goyim use ad block
>>
Could never understand why this trash series got popular in the first place during the golden age of fiction
>>
>>85786210
isn't the dark tower a massive book? what did they think was going to happen squashing it into a 2 hour movie?
>>
>Matthew McConaughey passed on that sweet Marvel money for this.

JUST.
>>
>>85786589
/pol/ only responds to "take THAT, white people" articles, which have been thin on the ground for this movie
>>
>>85786769
>because with the complexity of the stuff on television now, theater audiences want ambition

Different mediums you abject retard. Dark Tower is a good foundation for a TV project. Go full autismo and tie it into other King properties that are more movie suited if you want - The Dark Tower could run for years and have references to ongoing King based movies. That's your shitty universe gimmick done.

But instead we get a rush to get 5 books into 1 movie. Absolute shit tier.
>>
>>85786769
>88 mins
>8 books
>11 mins per book

Really Makes You Think
>>
>>85786210
You should have known this the moment it was announced
>>
>>85786589
>being mad about casual racism
They won. You've been had.
>>
Love the books, hate King as a person, and staying away from this movie. I hope it bombs considering how they butchered the source material.
>>
>>85794185
>every movie studio pathetically trying to cobble together their own shared universe
>get a property that's entirely about the concept of an authors work being in a shared universe
>don't utilize this at all

bravo talentless jews
>>
File: 1498235502025.jpg (126KB, 991x822px) Image search: [Google]
1498235502025.jpg
126KB, 991x822px
>>85794334

When you put it like that it sounds like Hollywood is full of incompetent retards.
>>
File: 1494607089489.png (42KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1494607089489.png
42KB, 500x322px
>>85786210
Matthew McConaughey has done nothing but great decisions the last decade and now this? What the fuck was he thinking?
>>
File: 1501671386360.jpg (26KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1501671386360.jpg
26KB, 620x387px
>>85794334
>>
>>85786613
To what? How the fuck is that possible?
>>
>>85794647

I bet he actually liked the books, so he wanted to insert himself.
>>
Yes. The more I hear the more I am convinced it's garbage

> 90 min runtime
> Compressing books into one
> Peudo sequel to the books
> Sony
>>
>>85786769
>It was a struggle to combine parts of several books into an 88-minute film that appeals to both King devotees and mainstream audiences.

Could have been an epic film series but instead we get a rushed 88 minute film that's supposed to cover 7 books and prequel and sequel material. What a mess.
>>
>>85794269

> Casual Racism
> /Pol/
>>
>>85794930
Yeah I don't see what the problem is. Stop taking shitposting seriously you fucking idiot
>>
>>85794930

Yeah there was never casual racism on other boards you niggers.
>>
File: james bond.jpg (60KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
james bond.jpg
60KB, 992x558px
>people will defend wanting to blackwash james bond with this old ugly fuck because he's a "good actor"
>>
>>85794930
>saying nigger on /tv/ or making a joke about a black dude makes you /pol/
this is why everyone hates redditors, because you take no effort to learn the board culture and start spazzing out when you see naughty words.
>>
>>85794905

Feels like a classic Sony rush job to keep the film rights. Like how they keep fucking up Spiderman.
>>
>>85786210
Adaptations of Stephen King almost always fail. Only times they've worked is when they movie is so different from the source that they could have called it something else than what the books name originally was, because if there is anything King's work needs badly it is editing.
>>
>>85795053
Yeah the point of 4chan is that there is no need for filter. Anyone who gets triggered seeing word nigger should go to forums instead.
>>
>>85787254
Flagg isn't the man in black.
>>85786875
Book 3 is the best one. Fuck you and fuck the face of your father!
>>85790109
Forecast looks promising on that front.

Nobody is talking about the real problem. This isn't The Dark Tower, this is capeshit. Pure and simple. They turned Roland into some quipping slowmo physics defying air realoding sliding cuck.
>>
>>85795144
The Mist was pretty good, from what I can remember about the story it was faithful until they changed the ending for the movie but it worked.

Green Mile was a great movie

Don't forget about Maximum Overdrive
>>
>>85795144
What is Misery. What is The Green Mile. What is The Shawshank Redemption. What is The Mist.
>>
>>85789191

> white chick/black dude

You mean one of the last prevailing cinematic taboos?
>>
>>85786210
>I do not kill with my gun I kill with my heart.
I'm a bit confused when I saw this on the movie poster. Is there some context in the books or is it just a nonsensical quote trying to be deep
>>
>>85795272
It's the Gunslinger code or something. Like a prayer of sort. It worked in the books (it's been years since I read them and I stopped after book 4 though).
>>
>>85786967
10 million is fucking indie budget. Also, Sony just did the magnificent 7. Which was also bad.
>>
>>85795005

> "blackwash"

Fucking what??
>>
>>85795214
actually , book 2 is the best

>Susannah shoots the monstercrabs

>Eddie at the drug hideout

>Roland jumping in front of a subway while his chest is on fire

second book was goat
>>
>>85795307
gotcha, thanks
>>
>>85795053

I remember when we used nigger constantly. It was funny.

Then Stormfront decided to colonise 4chan because it was fertile breeding grounds for racist fucktards, and suddenly the 4chan that hunted down child molesters and trolled racist rightwing radio pundits became... well. Look at /pol/
>>
>>85795404
if you think something trivial as stormfront larpers have nearly enough users to make an impact on 4chan you're wrong. /pol/ is just young adults that have gotten enough of PC culture.

also, you need to go back.
>>
>>85795338
Blackwashing

-The act of replacing a white actor with a black actor for the sake of political correctness.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 206x305px
We got another "had potential but Hollywood fucked with it too much" movie on our hands?
>>
>>85795470

> /Pol/ is adults who are tired of PC culture

Man, /pol/ is full of try hard edgelord kids who meme about that asshole who is destroying our country like it's some fucking joke.
>>
>>85795404
Oh yeah, the "4chan was ironic and leftist but then Stormfront used magic and everything changed".
That retarded revisionist story began to get posted right after the failed tumblr raids.
I guess now I know how you find this place.
>>
>>85795584
>4chan was leftist
that word didn't mean what it means today so it's moot point.
>>
>>85794114
im sure he'll be fine, he's more popular right now than ever
>>
>>85795338
>Fucking what??

We're getting to see people triggered on the normie boards now. Jesus fucking christ. It's not even controversial that Hollywood is intentionally replacing characters with blacks.

If liberals were at all consistent they'd be puzzled as to why, because blacks have a more than proportional representation in media, yet liberals cry out for more. Meanwhile the most underrepresented group Hispanics, nobody cares about. Nobody really gives a shit about asians either because they're an overachieving minority and are a thorn in the side of the oppression olympics.

Liberals just have a bizarre fascination with blacks. They unironically praise the NBA for "diversity".
>>
>>85794905
This movie isn't even AN HOUR AND A HALF?
>>
>>85795558
"destroying our country like it's some fucking joke" Do you know what the joke is? you.

Please tell me how trump is the downfall of the USA. You're the kind of fucking faggot people were rebelling against when they voted for trump,
>>
>>85795517
I really liked Hansel &Gretel: Witch Hunters. This is how you do it. You don't take a franchise and turn it into that kind of silly movie like they did Hex.
>>
>>85795470

Serious racists, neo-nazis, fascists, etc - it's their playbook to attempt to enter online spaces, especially forums, and try to change public perceptions. There were entire threads on Stormfront about it. It worked.

4chan changed when those young adults in /pol/ were still kiddies.

Infiltration of online spaces is a tactic even the FBI acknowledges and studies. It's just they concentrate on Muslims right now.

It's not just anti-PC culture, pay fucking attention.
>>
>>85795584
dont bother with him he obviously read up on this place on know your meme and unironically believed the "we trolled habbo because the owners were racist xd" line that gets thrown around by reddit fuckheads. There was nothing moral or political about any of the raids, they were hilarious and caused lulz, so we did them. Also on the "right wing radio hosts", ghost threw massive hissyfits whenever he got a prank call, nobody would've cared about him otherwise.
>>
>>85789130
There were no survivors.
>>
File: 8xiv0fcmxz6z.jpg (184KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
8xiv0fcmxz6z.jpg
184KB, 750x1334px
>>85794905
>88 minute film

What the fuck were they thinking? Is this why they're starting the "watch this movie or you're racist" narrative already?
>>
>88 minutes
>>
>>85795584

4chan was anything you fucking twat. It did messed up shit, then it did contradictory kind shit. But it certainly didn't use nigger as a real epithet, it was actually used ironically. Pointlessly and childishly, but that was the place.

How else do you explain large organised raids on racist websites and individuals? Or were you not around for that?
>>
>88 minutes

To put this in perspective, they're trying to fit the entirety of the Dark Tower in a runtime equivalent to watching an episode of America's Got Talent.
>>
>>85795404
Fuck off and don't get upset at casual racism on 4chan. It's almost entirely people who are trolling people like you
>>
File: MatthewMcConaughey.jpg (23KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
MatthewMcConaughey.jpg
23KB, 300x400px
>>85794647
>>85794799
I've mentally pictured Randall Flagg as Matthew McConaughey for years

Yet I feel like they've even fucked that up in the movie, like regular IRL Matthew McConaughey is more Randall Flagg than the fucking screen version. They could have directed him "just b urself" but instead he's doing some goth shit.
>>
>>85795775
yeah tumblr was a really racist shithole back in the day
>>
>>85795799
Man in Black isn't Flagg, it's Marten.
>>
>>85795687

> There was nothing moral or political about any of the raids, they were hilarious and caused lulz, so we did them

That's my fucking point. It wasnt because we had a hard-on for hating black guys, or some insecurity about mixed couples.

It was just fun, and stupid. Not political. And not racist.

Habbo was to freak people out, not to actually encourage racism. And I was around then.
>>
>>85795685
>Serious racists, neo-nazis, fascists

These number in the thousands. Mostly technologically illiterate.

> There were entire threads on Stormfront about it. It worked.

No it didn't work that's the thing. Stormfront tried and failed. Stormfag became an insult here because of this.

You mistakenly think that any racism is evidence of stormfaggotry which isn't the case. You don't have to be a nazi to hate blacks, you don't have to love Hitler to see a problem with jews either. Stormfront is run by mongrels and retards. Their main tactic was spamming the boards with their goddamned 14 words. People still laugh at that.

>It's just they concentrate on Muslims right now.

What a fucking joke. The islamic radical boards are on the scale of 100 to 1000 times more popular than any nazi or even extreme right board.

Yet they don't get any of you pearl clutchers even talking about them despite this operating openly without calls for them to be shut down.
>>
>this two could have given us a expanded Steven King universe of both The Stand and Dark Tower
>>
>>85795788

I don't give a fuck anymore, but the racism against casting Idris is anything but casual.
>>
>>85795851
I'm pretty sure it's Walter.
>>
>>85795852
>And I was around then.
appeal to oldfaggotry, confirmed newfag
>>
>>85795517
Did the Dark Tower have potential though?

I mean audiences are saying they don't like the mythology behind it all. To me that sounds like a problem with the story. I haven't read any Dark Tower stuff so I have no clue really. In the handful of SK books that I have read I've noticed he has a tendency to start things out simple and then at some point just go completely off the rails.
>>
>>85795864

> These number in the thousands. Mostly technologically illiterate.

Not true. They were early adopters of the internet actually, as a medium for spreading views.

> No it didn't work that's the thing.... you don't have to love Hitler to see a problem with jews either.

They don't have to have you switching your boot laces to claim victory either. Confessing a "problem with the jews" is enough to get their slimy cocks hard.

> The islamic radical boards are on the scale of 100 to 1000 times more popular than any nazi or even extreme right board.

I don't disagree? I'm talking about specifically 4chan. There is a good reason for the feds tp care about Islamic pro terror sites.
>>
>>85795962
You can't explain a Mythos in 88 minutes, man.
>>
>carries Remington 1858s
>WITH A FUCKING DOUBLE ACTION TRIGGER
>AND A FUCKING SWING OUT CYLINDER
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>85795868
That would've been nice for Ben since he wouldn't have to really exercise. Maybe zone out on a treadmill a bit. That lazy bastard hates lifting weights.
>>
>>85795896

I'm just responding to a claim that I only read about it. I'm not arguing I'm an authority and therefore right.

Also, fallacy fallacy.
>>
File: 1500613200325.jpg (875KB, 1000x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1500613200325.jpg
875KB, 1000x1376px
>>85795005
I'm all for idris as bond because he's an incredible British talent, bond has been practically ginger and they're more souless than blacks so why not?

But all you /pol/tards screamed bloody murder at those (((rumors))) and whoever was helming this project saw the backlash and cast Elba as Roland out of spite. You'll never admit it but you're at least 50% responsible for destroying this movie.
>>
>>85795962
King self inserts himself in his own book universe, and describes how he is the one keeping the universe stable.
The car accident he got into in real life was made to be an assassination plot by the villains to destroy the universe.
It's shit.
>>
>>85796083
>fallacy fallacy
not even, just saying you're a newfag
>>
>>85796008
>Not true. They were early adopters of the internet

You don't understand what the fuck you're talking about. I've been to their website. They run forums that still operate like the 90s. Their threads are navel gazing. Their technological approach to 4chan was a script generator with the same 3 talking points for WN.

They still don't understand what a meme is. They can barely operate their forum let alone do anything more advanced like attack 4chan with scripted bots. Which incidentally is what the left does do, and many private organizations and political groups during the election.

>They don't have to have you switching your boot laces to claim victory either.

Stormfags will claim victory over a white person getting out of bed in the morning. Who the fuck cares.

>I don't disagree?

Good.
>>
>>85796041
>Remington 1858s
Those are 1,000 year old guns created in a parallel universe by a demigod, their resemblance to any Civil War era design is purely coincidental

It's even mentioned as a coincidence that Earth .45 Long Colt ammo works in it, they're not exactly the same as the original bullets that it fired but they're close enough to fit in the chamber so whatever
>>
File: 1454015148508.jpg (73KB, 699x468px) Image search: [Google]
1454015148508.jpg
73KB, 699x468px
>>85796131
>The car accident he got into in real life was made to be an assassination plot by the villains to destroy the universe
>>
>>85795558
>Im so new i didn't experience the Obongo victory
>buying into mass media overinvestigation saying that trump is the most scandalous worst thing evar without showing anything concrete
newfag
>>
>>85796169
Jesus Christ what the fuck that's awful writing
>>
>>85796142

Again, I'm not, which according to you means I'm making a fallacy, which means I'm wrong.

Add also that you're one of those cunts that calls everything a fucking fallacy. Give it up.

> Inb4 you decide you were just trolling
>>
>>85795962
Pretty much this. Book 1 to 3 are great and set a self-contained mythos (not the revised versions of the books, the originals). Book 4 inttoduces The Stand as a setting the character visit. That was fine. The other books go insane with that idea and make every SK book part of the DT mythos and SK himself too. It's not a bad idea (the concept was introduced in the last Gunslinger short story), but making all the alternate worlds his own books was a bad idea in my opinion. It took away from the Dark Tower as a story.
>>
File: IMG_3500.jpg (37KB, 288x312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3500.jpg
37KB, 288x312px
>>85786210
I fucking hate Tom Rothman
>>
>>85786210
shit books lead to shit flicks
>>
File: Ladyofthelake.jpg (174KB, 603x912px) Image search: [Google]
Ladyofthelake.jpg
174KB, 603x912px
>>85796231
Welcome to Stephen King
>>
File: dark tower chart.png (2MB, 3520x2480px) Image search: [Google]
dark tower chart.png
2MB, 3520x2480px
>>85796015
I hear you, its just that when I see things like pic related being posted I start to wonder if this is not just some big convoluted mess.

I've been considering reading the series for years now, but I kept putting it off because the screen adaptation has been a floating around in rumorland for like 10 years now. I figured If the movie piques my interest maybe I'd go from there.
>>
>>85796309
>it's a mid-20s man hates on SK because his father likes him episode
>>
>>85796148

The men at the top use the internet very proficiently, in a fashion. The rank and file are utter morons, yes.

4chan isnt exactly hot shit either, especially back then. It was babbies first ddos for the most part.

Stormfront NOW is abandonware. Because there isn't any need for it, because /pol/, reddit, and other platforms perform just as well.

I get it, you don't want to think racists are intelligent enough or charismatic enough to convince these noble autists and virgins and neckbeards or anything. That's sort of admirable, but kind of silly when you think about it.

I mean, we're only treating black people as bad as we always treated women.
>>
>>85796240
show proof you're not a newfag then
>>
>>85796131
Is this for real? Or just grade A trolling?
Because it's hard to believe this series is lauded over as some sort of masterpiece if that is a major plot point.
>>
>>85796148

Oh and a lot of seriously racist websites are old as fuck because their creators and users are. Because they've been using the internet for fucking ever.
>>
>>85796370
Read book 1,2 and 3. It ends on a cliffhanger, but it's a fine way to end the series. The rest of the books are not as good.
>>
>>85796382
My father hates him too because SK is fucking trash
>>
>>85796411
Why is that shitty writing?
>>
File: crimson king.jpg (21KB, 254x390px) Image search: [Google]
crimson king.jpg
21KB, 254x390px
>>85796411
It's real and it's from a late book, the "consensus" seems to be that the series is three great books that then disappeared up its own asshole never to be seen again

People laugh to this very day about the final battle with this asshole
>>
>>85796395
>I get it, you don't want to think racists are intelligent enough or charismatic enough

They aren't. You keep talking like you know something but you've never interacted with these retards.

>I mean, we're only treating black people as bad as we always treated women.

Oh for fucks sake. Keep shoving your head up your ass and worrying about the evil nazis who are secret geniuses and are pulling everyone's strings. Hey that narrative sounds strangely familiar.
>>
>>85796411
It's not that major a plot point. Not really. It's a series about the multiverse and timey wimey shenanigans. It fits. It's a little bit out there, but it's not as bad as it sounds.
>>
>>85796408

What would proof be?
>>
>>85786210

Pic with title make it look like it's a blacked movie.
>>
>>85796489
You tell me, you're the one claiming oldfaggotry to give your worthless claims substance.
>>
Forgive me for living under a rock, but roland is a nog? Hahahahahahaha topfucking kek. Why make all book readers hate the film before even seeing it? King is such a pos cuck these days.
>>
>>85796472
King went to shit (I'm exagerating) in the mid-90s.

The last good novel he wrote was Rose Madder. I must be the only one who like sit though. Supernatural slasher, King style.
>>
>>85795881
It literally is casual and it wasn't mentioned in this thread until a thin skinned retard complained about the possibility of people being racist
>>
>>85796485
>It's not that major a plot point. Not really.
A main character of the entire series dies saving him and then he literally uses his deus ex machina Super Writing Skills to save the heroes
>>
>>85796482

You're denying charismatic intelligent racists exist?

So, everyone prior to 1970 ish sort of was just a retard?

All the hundreds of millions of racist as fuck Asians are all retarded and socially inept?

You just want to believe anyone who disagrees with you is dumb. Or many you just think stormfront users are.

Well, they are dumb, I agree. Doesn't change my argument.

> evil nazis who are secret geniuses and are pulling everyone's strings

That's not what I believe at all. You're just exaggerating what I'm saying to make me easier to argue against.
>>
>>85796112
>james bond has to seduce women, be comfortable in high society..

You're telling me an ugly 45 year old black guy meets those requirements? you people make me laugh
>>
>>85796517

I'm asking you to tell me what would prove it. If there is nothing you would accept, why bother?

It's a stupid fucking thing to ask for as you previously said being an oldfag doesn't change anything.
>>
>>85796472
>laugh to this very day
13 years later I'm still mad
>>
>>85796557
Calling people niggers unironically is only casual in like Mississippi or Alabama. Or so I've heard. We might have different ideas of what casual is.
>>
>its an americans think they can write thread
>>
>>85796586
He died before too. That's nothing new. Jake dies all the fucking time. That's his thing.
>>
>>85796529

See this is just an example of edge-lord trolling.
>>
>>85796620
>You're denying charismatic intelligent racists exist?

You were talking about stormfags and nazis. Now you bait and switched because you know that's verifiably a shit point since the fascists have collapsed since a brief revival a while after WWII.

> everyone prior to 1970 ish sort of was just a retard

This is you, asserting everyone. Every single person. Before 1970 was a racist.

This is what the left actually believes.

>You just want to believe anyone who disagrees with you is dumb.
>Doesn't change my argument.

*Curb Your Enthusiasm theme music*
>>
File: 1464035714662.png (226KB, 394x296px) Image search: [Google]
1464035714662.png
226KB, 394x296px
>>85796131
That's some next-level metafiction
>>
>>85796731
>Mississippi or Alabama
>or 4chan
Nigger
>>
>>85796813

Not switching I'm clarifying what your position is. Why would Nazis suddenly only be stupid people now?

There are plenty of smart, even brilliant fascists around, even if they target the stupid and anti-intellectual.

And I was being flippant, obviously there were a lot more racists the further into the past you go towards imperialism. Most American heroes throughout history were racist.

I'm not literally claiming everyone was, just that it was a cultural norm to be.

And as far as I'm aware I never said Stormfromt USERS were intelligent, current or past. It doesn't affect my argument if they are.
>>
>>85786769
oh boy, another Valerian fiasco
>>
>>85796960
everyone on 4chan is a nigger

why do you think we constantly post bbc?
>>
>>85796472
>>85796694
>dude the series villain gets randomly eaten by a giant spider-baby in the first chapter without ever meeting the hero again lmao
>dude the big bad satan that's been manipulating events and destroying the universe from the beginning is actually just a senile old man locked on a balcony lmao
>>
File: cover1.jpg (40KB, 800x387px) Image search: [Google]
cover1.jpg
40KB, 800x387px
>>85787025
They did and it's the best thing ever.
>>
This should have been an HBO show but the story is so shitty and boring that they needed A list actors to generate any type of hype, hbo doesn't pay a listers.
>>
>>85797201
I liked it. It beats another by-the-number video game/hollywood movie plot. This is a series where the fight against the man in black in the first book is them TALKING. What were people expecting?
>>
>>85797333
Confirmed for newfag
>>
>>85788600
>didn't read the books
killyourselffaggot
>>
>>85786210
95% of king adaptations are garbage. So yeah there is a much higher chance that Dark Tower is a bad one and not a good one.

Maybe if Darabont made it it could have had a chance. But he probably wouldn't have wanted to make it a bland pg13 kids film which is a deal breaker for the studio even if he did previously make the two best King adaptations
>>
Oh well in this day and age they have no problem rebooting something on a couple years.
>>
>>85797598
>with John Boyega as Roland
>>
At best it will a servicible bonus story like the wind through the keyhole shorts ran through a action movie filter.

At worst it's gonna be a hodge podge that appeals to no one turning the dark tower into power Rangers 2017 tier capeshit.

My guess is that it will be something forgetable in between
>>
>>85797499
>reading Stephen King
Although that's what I'd expect out of somebody who grew up on Harry Potter
>>
>>85786210
>6'0 vs 5'11
>>
>>85796517
Get this: do you really believe

That a person who makes paragraphs

For every sentence he types

Which breaks off the flow of reading a post

Is in fact not influenced by mainly browsing

Reddit

or tublrur?
>>
>>85797714
>wind through the keyhole
They really fucked up, but obviously because Sony. A WTTK movie would be good young adult fun. "Fun"
>>
>>85795799

They turned him into Criss Angel.

How could you fuck it up so bad? i guess black trenchcoats just remind people of something else.
>>
>>85786210
Of course it is they turned it into generic capeshit
>>
>>85797773
Yeah would've been self contained set up the universe and not required a big budget
>>
>>85797747
rekt desu
>>
>>85793875
>pretending the word "nigger" wasn't the most important part of your post to yourself
>>
>>85786729
Blaine is a fucking mono and you know it
>>
>>85794930
Nigger
>>
>>85795404
you obviously never belonged here
>>
>>85795881
we're not against the nigger we're against the casting you fucking retard
>>
File: 1501606803871.jpg (15KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1501606803871.jpg
15KB, 255x255px
>>85795404
>4chan that hunted down child molesters
They tried to do that last year and were mocked by you faggots as crazy conspiratards. Same thing's happening now with Elsagate so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>85786210
Nah, ziploc usually makes pretty good bags.
>>
>>85795144
I suppose you're saying the movie will be good then. King said this was meant to be Roland's next cycle and was glad to have finally gotten the opportunity to edit the series. Perhaps we never truly needed a riddling contest with a mono,or a mastubatory seven samurai remake, or the founding of a corporation to fight another corporation run by vampires, or a random character appearing at the very end to defeat the Crimson king with an eraser...
>tfw now I'm somewhat optimistic about the movie
>>
>>85796131
>King self inserts himself in his own book universe, and describes how he is the one keeping the universe stable.
that car accident really ruined him

oh well we'll always have Pet Semetary
>>
>>85796794
They're gonna pussy out and not kill Jake, aren't they?
>>
So, where are the reviews?
>>
>>85801028
They're holding them back until tonight, which is a bad sign.
>>
>>85786769
>Rothman
Now we know why gun dude is a nog
>>
>>85795962
It had potential in the first book. He goes off the rails after that though. Although in his defence, king does say that fucking up the dark tower series so horribly by putting off finishing it for so long to pursue other projects was the biggest regret of his writing career.
>>
>>85795214
What's it like being a retard? Flagg is the man in black you fuckwit.
>>
>>85799007
this, jesus christ

>b-but colbert told me it was fake news guys
>>
>>85795404
My god, why are reddit newfags so perpetually triggered over /pol/ that they have to derail every thread?

Wah wah wah someone said nigger on 4chan this must be a vast /pol/ conspiracy to take over the internet.

Jesus, how often do you hear them complaining about /lgbt/? Take a lesson from them and suck it up about the existence of boards you don't like.
>>
Guys what if...it's not bad?
>>
Read the books, but the movie is going to be shit. Idris Elba cast as Roland was the first giant red flag, the rest came pretty easily after that.

I don't understand why everyone bitches about white people replacing "people of color", and then they do the same shit with white actors. Portray the fucking characters in ANY IP as the way they are supposed to be portrayed. If you want a spy movie about a black spy, create a new character, don't cast James Bond as a black guy, or a martial artist as a white guy.
>>
>>85802042
>If you want a spy movie about a black spy, create a new character, don't cast James Bond as a black guy, or a martial artist as a white guy.
Really all this requires is women and minorities be competent enough to create compelling characters in the first place.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>85795851
You are fucking retarded. They are all the same. Flagg, Marten, Walter, MIB Ageless stranger, anyone with initials RF is the same fucking guy. It astounds me that you can obviously read so much of an author's work and completely miss a massive plot point over and over again. Kill yourself.
>>
>>85786210
>Black man walking around NYC while open carrying revolvers
>Doesn't get arrested / shot on sight
How am I supposed to suspend my disbelief to this?
>>
>>85802959
perhaps attempt not integrating propaganda into your worldview
>>
>>85795263
>one of the last prevailing cinematic taboos
What the fuck do you mean nigger-lover, it's everywhere, it wouldn't be a big thing if it wasn't force so much everywhere. We put a nigger with a white whore in our cereal commercial, look how diverse we are, now buy our stuff or you are racist
>>
>>85795144
>>85795244
>>85795249

Why does everyone forget The Dead Zone?
>>
>>85786589
You fucking nigger lover.
>>
>>85795685
Holy shit the delusion... you are literally as bad as the people you are decrying with your conspiracy shit
>>
>>85794114
Mattyboy is above such capeshit

>anyone who has see Mud
>not thinking he's the greatest actor of our generation
Pick one
>>
>>85802959
How can you suspend your disbelief to see a movie with a black dude playing a guy who was described to look like clint eastwood and be from an ancient order of cowboy knights?
>>
>>85795685
Look I found the left wing Alex Jones
>>
File: 1489767860479.jpg (18KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
1489767860479.jpg
18KB, 300x295px
>>85795685
>>
>>85786210
yes, it has shit written all over it like no other movie this year

even the emoji movie had more promise than this
>>
>>85786640
I like the gunslinger's vest.
>>
File: bazjw5cl0b9x.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bazjw5cl0b9x.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>85786769
>choose to adapt a book series which is known for its unique setting/ambience and back-lore

>compresses the books into a 88 min shitfest

maybe its a blessing in disguise than Roland is now a nigger, let the normies get sick of this forced diversity hire
>>
>>85804840
I think the movie would have been horrible even with a white Roland, I'm just glad they made him black to add a little extra piss on top of the shit cake.
>>
is it true that idris is chasing matthew and in the end he walks through a door (reaching the dark tower) and becomes matthew (while losing his memory) and looks back and sees idris chasing after him(self)?
>>
>>85804893
yes, 88 mins is a travesty even for one book. DESU the source material is more suited for TV.
>>
>>85786210
tell me more about Ziploc
>>
File: 1491865174780.jpg (23KB, 391x366px) Image search: [Google]
1491865174780.jpg
23KB, 391x366px
> sony
> rothman
> 88 minutes
>>
>88 minutes
AHAHA this is going to be a fucking trainwreck. Throw it on the pile of bad King adaptations.
>>
>>85802465
This guy is correct. Flagg is known by different names in different times and dimensions.
>>
>>85805157
Isn't he the bad guy in The Stand also?
>>
I have no hope of this being what I want out of a Dark Tower movie, but I am able to recognize that a good adaptation of the books would never happen.
>>
>>85786589
There are black people in the book. In fact a main character is black. The main character is REALLY REALLY WHITE THOUGH, like NOT BLACK AT ALL. So making him black, just because is so fucking retarded.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.